Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

**The Unexpected Engagement - Day 16**

Castmembers

Me - Rachel
DF (woohoo!! ) - Simon
Dad - Dennis
Mum - Jennifer
DB - Chris

Day 1 Link
Day 2 Link
Day 3 Link
Day 4 Link
Day 5 Link
Day 6 Link
Day 7 Link
Day 8 Link
Day 9 Link
Day 10 Link
Day 11 Link
Day 12 Link
Day 13 Link
Day 14 Link
Day 15 Link

Friday 21st May - Typhoon Lagoon, DTD & Magic Kingdom

I woke up saddened that it was our last full day at Disney World We'd not hit Typhoon Lagoon yet this trip and it's a favourite, so we decided we'd head there first thing. We grabbed some breakfast at the hotel and hopped into the car.

We arrived at the entrance and it was quite busy. We eventually got through the turn styles and found the photopass man!

We bought a re-usable mug, as my Mum decided she wouldn't be joining us in the water today, as her leg was very bad today. We headed up towards the play area and got ourselves changed.

We found a shaded seated area on the beach for my Mum and our belongings and she told us to be off with ourselves and have some fun. We all headed out to the main pool to catch the massive wave! We must have just missed one and we waited ages, way longer than the usual gap between waves. My Brother got bored and went back to join my Mum

After hitting some more waves in the pool we decided we'd go on a hunt for Crush 'n Gusher, as my Dad and Brother had never done this before.

We eventually found the queue and hopped in. We didn't wait long before our turn and I did actually remember to 'hover' in my doughnut, as those belts can be quite harsh I love this slide, though I wish it was longer.

We then decided it was time for some lounging around and found a lazy river entrance and floated around paradise for a while.

After our sail around, my Dad went to check on my Mum and we followed back slowly. We arrived back before my Dad, goodness knows where he went () and suddenly he appeared and told me I there was someone I needed to visit! He dragged me off to find...

I was so excited to see Lilo, as I'd never seen the characters in any water park before. I'd wandered off after having my photo taken, only to be dragged back shortly afterwards for my main man/alien...

We had a couple more goes in the main pool before deciding it was time we got changed so my poor Mum didn't get too bored. We headed out of Typhoon Lagoon...

We decided we'd head across to Downtown Disney to see if we could find the Virgin early check out area and do a spot of last minute shopping. We found the area for check in for the morning and hit the shops on the West Side to pick up a couple of last minute gifts. Then my Mum saw the Characters in Flight balloon... She was off, straight on there, with my brother in tow!

She loved it Told us she could see for miles and most of the major attractions of Disney World. Part of me wished I'd done it with her, but I just don't know how I'd cope with my motion sickness, as it seems to sway quite a lot

Cont...
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
Tinks1984

Cont...

Afterwards, I asked the boys if they wanted to go into Disney Quest for a couple of hours and they quite happily obliged. We'd never been in before and didn't know what to expect. The boys LOVED it, they were in their element. We lost my Dad, as he found the retro arcade games and the boys went off racing...

We then found the Buzz Lightyears Astro-Blaster We just had to have a go, can't resist trying to take each other out We spent a good while longer looking around the different floors and the boys have vowed that they'll be in there for longer next time we're there!! Maybe me and my Mum will give that one a miss....

We headed back to the resort shortly afterwards to pack some more things I'd said I was going to the Magic Kingdom this evening to catch Wishes one more time before home, as it's my favourite, as you've all probably guessed. They all decided they were joining me.

We headed towards Tomorrowland and did Buzz (again!) along with Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and the TTA for a ride. Afterwards we headed back to Main St and browsed the Crystal Arts shop and was all amazed whilst watching the glass-blower creating a Mickey Mouse goblet An amazing piece and no wonder they cost so much! Myself and Simon had wondered back onto Main St and grabbed a picture....

I stood on Main St with Simon and you guessed it - cried, again! I so didn't want to go home yet. Simon calmed me down and we found my family again. My brother handed me a gift, from him. I opened it, carefully, and revealed the most fantastic glass blown and crafted Stitch Signed by its creator too, who happened to be working that evening! I cried again....

It was time for Wishes and I watched through teary eyes, thinking how wonderful and amazing this trip had been. After 12 years, I'd completed what I wanted too - I took my Mum, Dad & Brother back to their 'happy place' and myself and Simon had returned to ours too. He'd also made me the happiest girl on the planet in the process too

We made our way out of the Magic Kingdom for the last time in 2010 and I did as usual and took one last look at Cinderella Castle - and vowed I'd be back in a couple of years. We got back to Sports and hit the arcade to cheer us all up again

We cashed in our tickets and got a good selection of silly prizes! My family retreated to bed and I joined Simon at the pool bar to chat with Mike and have some drinkies before home time! We said our goodbyes to Mike once it was closing time and told him we'd see him back here in a couple of years, just like last time! And off we went to bed....

Sadly, coming soon (and not very exciting) - it's home time
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
Sapper383
DIS Veteran

Thank you for taking the time to write a trip report, I have been hooked and I'm sad that it's comming to an end

Looked like you had such a lovely trip
Old 08-07-2010, 05:03 AM   #4
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

I guess I am like everyone else and hate the last day. I always find it the toughest to write too as you are trying to enjoy it but the next day is at the back of your mind.
Not looking forward to your next installment.
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:34 AM   #5
Jordanblackpool
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying this report, sad its coming to an end!!!

Past VisitsMGM Grand,Las Vegas. March 201113th Feb 2010 - Royal Crown Plaza March 2009 - Port Orleons, French Quarter,October 2007 - Port Orleons French Quarter,April 2004 - Comfort Inn,October 1999 - Port Orleons French Quarter,October 1997 -Port Orleons - French Quarter,October 1995 - Grosvenor LBV,October 1993 - Delta

Follow Me On Twitter www.twitter.com/Allsworth27
Jordanblackpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:47 AM   #6
buzz for boys
Certified Serious Stitch Stalker

Nooooo it cant be nearly over all ready ! Ive loved your trippie Rachel. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Hows your moms leg now??

buzz for boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:15 AM   #7
Tinks1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz for boys View Post

Nooooo it cant be nearly over all ready ! Ive loved your trippie Rachel. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Hows your moms leg now??
I know, it's been fantastic to relive it all through this report though, I've really enjoyed sharing it all with you guys. I'll definitely be doing trip reports again in the future!

Remarkably, my Mum's leg has healed very well, considering how bad it was. We thought that it would scar because it looked that terrible, but thankfully it's now fully healed and she's continuing to moisturise it to help its repair Thank-you for asking
Old 08-07-2010, 06:39 AM   #8
jtlover
DIS Veteran

Last day is hard - and like you we love MK for our last day. I always have to turn round and look at the castle.

Lovley that your brother bought you a glass stitch. I have a glass pluto which I love.

Really love your report.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #9
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Oh Rachel, I had tears in my eyes reading about your last full day

You have some fantastic pictures and some lovely memories though
Old 08-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #10
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

How thoughtful of your brother.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #11
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Aww, the end of a trip is rubbish.

You've done a great job with your report.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #12
Jo-D
Earning My Ears

What a lovely last day.

I've really enjoyed reading your trip reports.....thanks for sharing them.
Jo-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #13
tinks_1989
need a like button

no i dont want it to be over get back out there and write some more lol

seriously i love your tr
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #14
Tinks1984

Thank-you all guys! It's lovely to know you've been reading along with me!
Old 08-08-2010, 03:24 AM   #15
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Such a great TR, I have really enjoyed reading along
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: