Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #16
cheesekate2005
DIS Veteran

When I was at Le Cellier I asked for a vegetarian and gluten free meal. I can't remember exactly what the chef called it, but it was awesome and vegan too. It was some kind of vegetarian bowl (sorry I can't be more specific), but it was yummy and I am going back in a few weeks and I hope I can get it again! It was not on the menu - the chef just asked me if he could be creative and make me something...I said 'sure, as long as it's vegetarian and GF I will eat it'.

Good luck...I hope you get a great meal!
cheesekate2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:51 PM   #17
Eeyore's Pal
Trading pins since before there were rubber backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
heck, the chef might see it as a nice challenge to come up with something unique.... it's gotta be easier than the time my wife and I were at the Chef's table at Victoria and Alberts.... the chef had been coming in regularly to describe each dish, but hadn't been in for a few courses... he finally popped back in and apologized for the absence, and said there was a guest in the main dining room who said he could only eat bread and cheese, and wanted his 7 course meal made from just those two items....
I wonder what type of diet he was on???

DVC Member ~ OKW Home ~ since 2000

OKW 00, 01, 02, 05, 06, 07, 08, 11; BWV 05, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11, 12; BCV 03, 04; AKL 02; FWCG 05; ASMu 99, 01, 07, 08; CSR 98; WL 98, 06; Disney Villas 94 ; Dolphin 06; DCL Wonder 06; Off Property 79, 80, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06

PinPics Name: eeyorespal
Eeyore's Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #18
PixieDustandEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's Pal View Post
I wonder what type of diet he was on???
Sounds like a high carb high fat diet lol. I think the diet they are on is the Pickius Eaterius diet. I have to admit I am often a victim to this diet myself.

As well to the Gnocchi dish I sometimes use a bit of cream in pesto to cut the bite of the basil so that potentially could be there too.

I just went through a few vegeterian reviews for Le cellier and they all had the gnocchi which would mean dairy and eggs.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
Is your omnivore after a good steak? Maybe you could try somewhere else that may have more option for you but still a yummy steak?
But the vegan , vegetarian thread bicker posted started by Plastic Letters is an amazing resource!
PixieDustandEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #19
wonderalice23
Earning My Ears

Glad I found this thread. Going with a large group in October and I'm the only vegan! Le Cellier is a possibility and I see that most reviewers give credit to a lot of Disney chefs for being able to create something!
wonderalice23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: