Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 07:27 AM   #1
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Watch Out Orlando, Here Come the Girls!!! Day 5

Cast:
Me: Claire (a.k.a Pinky166) 30 something. Loves all things Disney; shopping; sipping cocktails & spending lots of $$$'s...

Her: Karen (a.k.a CustardTart) 40 something. Loves all things Disney; shopping; sipping cocktails & spending lots of $$$'s...

Wednesday 9th June 2010

Day 5: A fun day, a sundae and stunning sunset…

Unfortunately today got off to a very slow start, I had had a restless nights sleep & Karen was feeling a little under the weather so we had a lazy morning. Maybe the copious cocktails and crimes against credit cards were getting to us...?

I sat on the balcony for a while watching the many boats, parasailing & Jetski's on the lake whilst talking to my hubby via MSN. Awwww...

Karen used my netbook whilst I popped down to the Contemporary shop to pick up our haul of Vinylmation along with the item we were both dying to see (a.k.a my genius idea from a few days ago)… We had ordered one each and were thrilled with the result:

They're lovely and fortunately made it back across the Atlantic intact!!!

And here's the Vinylmation Park 4 series:

What about that amazing Adventurer's Club one which turned out to be the Mystery figure..? Yes he is very cute and sits on my shelf in the office along with the others.

When I returned Karen was jumping for joy (well maybe hopping with happiness!!!) as she had received an email saying that her iPad was in stock, so we got ready in quick time and I drove like a maniac to Florida Mall....Oh hun, you drove like a maniac ALL the time!!! I still have nightmares about that time you turned left at the lights on Orange Blossom Trail!!! Oh yeah, sorry about that! Let's not mention the time I put it in Drive to reverse out of the parking space!

We dashed in the Apple store and we were literally in and out within a minute!!! They were super efficient, and Karen was happily clutching her shiny new iPad at last. OMG I was ecstatic! I'm not much of a gadget person but had already intended to buy myself a large Kindle e-reader during this trip. When the iPad came out, it seemed even more versatile so decided to go for it. And I haven't been disappointed... Anyway, back to the story...

We decided to spend the next few hours shopping and stocked up on even more Yankee Candles, I also picked up a large holdall for all my impulse purchases and then, between us, we bought pretty much the whole of Sephora! Oooh I am a Sephora junkie and we really hit the store HARD!!! And we got our Beauty Insider birthday gifts!!!

Once we were all shopped out.....(As if !!!!! ) As if, indeed!!! Please, we are professionals.. ...we headed over to Downtown Disney as we had a very important date with an Earl and Countess. The Earl being he of Sandwich and the Countess being Monica (Karen's friend).. We parked the Beast and were slightly early so we had another browse around World of Disney when we literally bumped into Monica. And there was much hugging, squealing and more hugging - I was so pleased to see her... And it was lovely for me to meet one of my American Facebook friends.

We went over to Earl, (sorry I forgot to take pictures) where Karen & I both had Hawaiian BBQ Sandwiches (this was my first time and it was very delicious...) and Monica had the Earl's Cobb wrap. We chatted away for a good hour or so, mainly about our mutual obsession.....DCL! Yes, Monica used to work for DCL and has some *ahem* insider's scoops...

We all walked over to Ghirardeli's for some dessert, where Karen and I shared a Gold Rush...mmmm it was delicious!!!!! Thanks, hun - I couldn't remember the name. OMG it was GORGEOUS!!!

The Gold Rush - Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sundae - Vanilla ice cream with freshly homemade hot fudge and melted peanut butter throughout. Topped with whipped cream, chopped almonds, a cherry and Ghirardelli Squares milk chocolate....

Heaven on Earth...

Here we are:

And the sun setting over Saratoga Springs:

Stunning pics...

We sat there for quite some time until the mosquitos started eating us alive so we said our goodbye's to Monica and drove back to BLT. We were both feeling pretty tired so opted to change into our pj's and have some wine in our room and watch the fireworks from our balcony.

After the fireworks, we called it a night. Yeah, we girls had had a busy day and needed our beauty sleep...

Stay tuned, Day 6 will follow shortly....

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - EBTA, Sept 2014 - WBTA
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
DefLepard
<3 Disney

Sun setting over Saratoga Springs pictures are Awesome !!!

I wanna be at Disney !!!!!!!
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Another lovely day, and fab photos too. I love that 'Here comes the girls' Chistmas decoration

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:40 AM   #4
Jordanblackpool
DIS Veteran

Im really really enjoying this trip report!!

Past VisitsMGM Grand,Las Vegas. March 201113th Feb 2010 - Royal Crown Plaza March 2009 - Port Orleons, French Quarter,October 2007 - Port Orleons French Quarter,April 2004 - Comfort Inn,October 1999 - Port Orleons French Quarter,October 1997 -Port Orleons - French Quarter,October 1995 - Grosvenor LBV,October 1993 - Delta

Follow Me On Twitter www.twitter.com/Allsworth27
Jordanblackpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #5
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

great pics of the fireworks girls

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

What a beautiful memento of your trip, that decoration is

Made me laugh about the Sephora experience, sounds just like me and Becky when we go in Sephora...love it in there!

......but did you HAVE to post that pic of the ice cream?!!! I want one now.....

WDW, DLP, and DCL cruising since 1996

UKANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #7
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Thanks for reading guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKANGEL View Post
......but did you HAVE to post that pic of the ice cream?!!! I want one now.....
I could kill for one of them right now too.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - EBTA, Sept 2014 - WBTA
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

I'm liking that MK view more and more. I've also been thinking that maybe if I got a foldaway keyboard I could justify getting an iPad to replace my netbook for typing up my trip reports when we are away and replace my Archos for watching stuff on the plane. Hmmm....

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:37 PM   #9
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Oh I love your christmas decoration girls, what a lovely idea

Firework pics are fab
Old 08-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #10
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

Great view from your balcony!
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #11
jamjar84
DIS Veteran

Great day.

The xmas decoration is really lovely.

I adore Sephora, I rate going to Sephora in NYC as the 4th best day of my life (after the births of my daughters and my wedding day, though I'm thinking of promoting Sephora above the wedding ) My husband still doesn't know I spent £1000 in there in a day. :lol:
jamjar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:31 PM   #12
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

love the sound of that ice cream sundae.

susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #13
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Wink

Another great day
Old 08-05-2010, 04:54 PM   #14
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

I love your Christmas decoration ~ what a great momento of your holiday.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:15 AM   #15
Disney_Sarah
Mouseketeer

Wow i have loved reading your report.
I even made a little note of that icecream name as it looks lush
You have one amazing room view x

WDW 3 weeks with out little Mickey Mouse August 2015
Return to the house of mouse......as soon as we can

Mummy Daddy DS 1 year old
Disney_Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote