Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #106
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Yeah!! Your there! I love the little guy's excitement. The rooms do look very cool and what a treat that they were already ready.

It's park time.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 08-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #107
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

I loved hearing all about your little man's excitement. There's just something about seeing it all with the eyes of a child, since it's all so much more real to them. I truly believe it can be magical for everyone, but it's such a different kind of magic for little kids!! And seeing him on your DF's shoulders just reminded me of my own little man on Dustin's shoulders on my trip. So cute.

I LOVE the Contemporary. And I love how your little man comforted you on the elevator-too cute. I can't wait to stay there one day. You have a great view...it may not be of a castle, but it sure beats most views!!
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #108
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Yayy you made it to WDW! I could feel your and Little Guy's excitement from your update

BLT's rooms are amazing! I'd love to stay there one day.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #109
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Hooray!!! I stayed at the Contemporary when I was 10 years old, but we stayed in one of the Garden Wings (I think the one that is now BLT). I love what they've done with the rooms! Very sleek.

Love how exciting the little guy was...can't wait to see his reaction to everything!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 08-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #110
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

YAY!!! YOU'RE FINALLY AT DISNEY!!! I got so excited while reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post

Of course, I was freaking out that we were going to be in the 8th floor. Those of you who have read my TR’s before know that I am claustrophobic! But, Little Guy promised to hug me and hold me every time we had to ride the elevator. When we got to our floor, he would always say “We’re here! It’s okay now.”
This made me smile. It's the most adorable thing ever. Little Guy is just too much.

The rooms at the Contemporary are GORGEOUS. I am in love with those sinks. I mean, I didn't know it was possible to love a sink as much as I love these. And I haven't even seen them in person! I really need to stay there sometime so that I can meet the sink loves of my life in the flesh...or porcelain?

Ugh, that's super annoying about the message light. Blinking for an entire week? That would drive me insane.

AH!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #111
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Great update tinkgurl! You're really building the excitement. I can't wait to hear what the little guy thinks of MK and what his first ride will be.

for a room upgrade! Those rooms at the Contemporary look really nice.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #112
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Ah, I love how excited you were to show Little Guy Walt Disney World!!! I am like a little kid when we drive onto Disney property, too!

The Contemporary rooms look so nice, but I was drooling over the D&B purse sitting on the bed!
It was just so overwhelming and exciting to want to show him everything. I can't imagine how I'll be with my own kids. haha

HAHA, thanks! I love Sis for getting me that purse! I can't tell you how many people stopped me throughout the trip to ask where I got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Yayyyy!!! You're there!! Isn't driving under that sign and onto Disney property just the best!! And to be able to share it all with LG...just all the more special!
Love your room at CR....I say this all the time that BLT is beginning to grow on me and I know I will love it once I stay there!

Tracy
It is so great to finally be going under the gates.

We really are thinking about trying to get into BLT next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Yeah!! Your there! I love the little guy's excitement. The rooms do look very cool and what a treat that they were already ready.

It's park time.
It was SO nice to have the rooms all ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I loved hearing all about your little man's excitement. There's just something about seeing it all with the eyes of a child, since it's all so much more real to them. I truly believe it can be magical for everyone, but it's such a different kind of magic for little kids!! And seeing him on your DF's shoulders just reminded me of my own little man on Dustin's shoulders on my trip. So cute.

I LOVE the Contemporary. And I love how your little man comforted you on the elevator-too cute. I can't wait to stay there one day. You have a great view...it may not be of a castle, but it sure beats most views!!
You are so right. It was so cute to see everything in his eyes. I knew you'd understand my excitement for sure!

Oh my gosh, Little Guy on Fiance's shoulders was a theme for the whole trip. They were inseperable!

The Contemporary is really nice, especially after the remodeling! Yeah, we were just happy to be at WDW-we weren't THAT sad about not having a MK view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Yayy you made it to WDW! I could feel your and Little Guy's excitement from your update

BLT's rooms are amazing! I'd love to stay there one day.
We just might be staying at BLT next year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Hooray!!! I stayed at the Contemporary when I was 10 years old, but we stayed in one of the Garden Wings (I think the one that is now BLT). I love what they've done with the rooms! Very sleek.

Love how exciting the little guy was...can't wait to see his reaction to everything!
We've stayed in the wing that's where BLT is too! We've actually stayed in both wings and the main tower before this trip. It was great to be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
YAY!!! YOU'RE FINALLY AT DISNEY!!! I got so excited while reading this.

This made me smile. It's the most adorable thing ever. Little Guy is just too much.

The rooms at the Contemporary are GORGEOUS. I am in love with those sinks. I mean, I didn't know it was possible to love a sink as much as I love these. And I haven't even seen them in person! I really need to stay there sometime so that I can meet the sink loves of my life in the flesh...or porcelain?

Ugh, that's super annoying about the message light. Blinking for an entire week? That would drive me insane.

AH!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!
He is so cute. The things he says just crack me up! He's definitely growing up!

OMG the sinks were awesome. I can't even explain how the water came out. It was so neat!

The light drove us nuts! We called the next day and they said they'd fix it, but it never went off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Great update tinkgurl! You're really building the excitement. I can't wait to hear what the little guy thinks of MK and what his first ride will be.

for a room upgrade! Those rooms at the Contemporary look really nice.
Thanks glennbo! It was so neat to be in the main tower.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #113
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

HI Tink!! Just a quick hello from my travels. Great post! so excited for your Contemp stay!

Old 08-16-2010, 01:32 AM   #114
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Your room at the contemporary looks AMAZING!

I love the sinks..they are a gorgeous design and your view is stunning.

Can't wait to hear how the little guy liked the MK

Old 08-16-2010, 06:46 AM   #115
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

~Kristen's Day 3: July 19, 2010

We still haven't left so this will be short again! I was up early to get ready for my last day of work before we left for WDW! I checked us in for our flight at 7:35 and got us in group A Chris worked all day as well. I was FREAKING out all day at work, unable to concentrate because all I could think about was being at WDW in less than 24 hours AND finally getting to meet Tinkgurl. She was texting me a lot giving me the update on their progress. I was so excited for her and the Little Guy! Traffic on the way home from work prevented me from being able to get to the gym on time for the class at 6:15 so I just finished up my packing. Eventually I showered and put in the movie "Julie and Julia" to watch to help me try and fall asleep. No matter how good a movie is, I rarely make it through an entire one so I figured this was the way to get past the "I'm too excited to sleep" syndrome. Well, it worked temporarily. I think I finally fell asleep at midnight, was up at 2:30, was up again at 4:30 and then just stayed awake until 5 when I had my alarm set to get up and get ready to go to the airport!! I don't think Chris slept particularly well either, from what he told me!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since my day 3 was so short, the next few updates will just be Tinkgurl finishing up her day 3. Stay tuned for that because they finally make it to a park!! After she finishes, day 4 will include both of us and that's when we finally meet
10-11/12- DISNEYMOON! @ SSR (BECAME DVC MEMBERS!)~~7-8/13- BWV~~10-13- Pop (1st Anniversary!)~~1/14- AKL & POR (Marathon Weekend!)

Old 08-16-2010, 07:01 AM   #116
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

you made it! The room looks fantastic and the view is wonderful!

I get excited seeing people reactions to WDW for the first time. And I still get all giddy when I see that gate, actually I see a Mickey head power pole from the interstate and get all excited. That when I know we are there.

Looking forward to hearing about the reaction to the monorail and the Castle!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012

900 Miles, 5 Parks, 2 Resorts, 6 ADR's, and 3 days of Celebration!!! August 2012 TR I love SWW and SW Celebrations...does that mean I am a geek? A PTR of a SW family August 2012. Adventures of a DisneyWORLDholic!
That's it...we moved to Florida to be close to Mickey TR with daily TR's and other Florida Fun!
My DSD came to visit and didn't want to go to WDW with us??? My July 14-21st TR with Busch Gardens, Universal, and of course, WDW.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:43 AM   #117
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Woo hoo, you're there! I don't know where I have been because I didn't realize you were staying at the Contemporary until one of those live updates. I guess I thought you were at OKW again!

haha, I am the same way about the brochures/guide maps. It's not like we need them but it's always fun to pick them up from each trip. We have a whole stack of old ones which are funny to look at and see all the old attractions!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-16-2010, 08:01 AM   #118
SparKeLLy
Mouseketeer

Your room was gorgeous! I would love to stay there someday. Can't wait to read more!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:06 AM   #119
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

Aw, I can just imagine your excitement as you showed the Little Guy all things Disney for the first time! I was practically bouncing up and down in my seat with you.

Your room is awesome and the view is awesome, too! I love how clean and modern everything looks. Can't wait to hear more.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #120
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Yay, you made it! I love that the little guy promised to make sure you were okay during the elevator rides and reassured you every time you made it down. So sweet! I can't wait to see what his first ride is and finally make it to MK

Kristen, I sleep like that too when I'm going somewhere, especially to Disney World...it stinks. I can't wait for the part where you guys finally get to meet!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: