Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #751
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Aw, I love Spectromagic too! DD loved that parade the best. I've never seen the MSEP though, so I can't wait to see it in a few weeks to compare!

So funny about your thoughts on the Jungle Cruise CM. I had a friend who did the college program and that was his job. He LOVED it!

I want to move down south, too, but maybe that's because I grew up in VA and am still not used to living up north. I would love to move back to my hometown area.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #752
manntra
DIS Veteran

All caught up Again
Ohhh Tink how sad to say goodbye So hard to watch anyone leave when you are all having such a wonderful time. Until next time
Hahaha Kristen you had me cracking up with that woman's hair!! Maybe she was just on a cruise and did it to amuse her grandkids?!!
I love both the MSEP and Spectro parades.....the MSEP is of course nostalgic for my old self as that was the first parade I ever saw at Disney although I do love Spectro..music etc. So funny that Chris thought it was weird!! I guess it is kind of weird music....was way ahead of its day back in the 70's!!

Tracy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #753
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Aww Kristen, sorry you were feeling so crappy! I hope it got better...or at least whatever medicine you had took away some of it for at least a little while!

We didn't get to see MSEP. I think I would have been really sad without my SpectroMagic! It's one of those things I have to see every trip and I love hearing Jiminy Cricket saying it's starting in so many minutes, and the music just gives me chills. It's my favorite Disney parade

Did you get the Disney Parks DVD's yet? I haven't watched all of them but the ones I have watched are awesome & such a nice little fix!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 01-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #754
Pyrate_Pryncess
If I'm a redheaded ninja, does that make me a Gin-ja? I would like to think so!

Just getting caught up on y'alls trip report!!! Loving the detail!!!!!!!

2008-First trip, ASMU2011-Christmas time in the parks, POP2012-A break for the kids, POP

Old 01-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #755
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, I'm finally caught up again! What a great bunch of updates! I love the Ohana breakfast update! We're going there for the first time next month! I can't wait to try it!

So Kristen, are you just loving this winter?! I'm sooooooooo done with it and want it to be spring!
Old 01-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #756
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
All caught up Again
Ohhh Tink how sad to say goodbye So hard to watch anyone leave when you are all having such a wonderful time. Until next time

Tracy
Thanks for reading! It is hard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate_Pryncess View Post
Just getting caught up on y'alls trip report!!! Loving the detail!!!!!!!
Thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Oh my goodness, I'm finally caught up again! What a great bunch of updates! I love the Ohana breakfast update! We're going there for the first time next month! I can't wait to try it!

So Kristen, are you just loving this winter?! I'm sooooooooo done with it and want it to be spring!
I hope you enjoy Ohana just as much as we did!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #757
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

July 24th, 2010

Hello everyone! We are so sorry that we have been lacking on updates. Life has been busy with school starting back up. Luckily, I had time today to finally sit down and get one done!

This morning is a really hard part of the TR to write. All the feelings that I had that day come rushing back to me. As soon as the alarm went off, I dreaded getting up. Of course, while we were getting ready, Fiancé had to go over and bring Little Guy back to our room one last time. He was in such a good mood that it made knowing that he was leaving that much harder.

After we got everything in our room packed up, we headed down to Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle’s room. They were just finishing up packing as well. As we headed out the door, Mom looked at me and we both started crying. As Little Guy held me in the elevator one last time, he asked me why I was crying. I told him I was sad the vacation was over. We played around in the lobby while Dad and Uncle went to get the cars. Once they pulled up, we loaded our luggage.

Then, it was the moment I was dreading..saying goodbye. Everyone was crying at this point. Even Fiancé had tears coming. We were crying for so many reasons. Because it was seriously the best trip. Ever. Because it was so much fun showing WDW to Little Guy and seeing his reactions. Because it was Grandma and Grandpa’s last time ever coming to WDW.

We helped them get all situated in their car and let them drive way so Little Guy didn’t ask why we weren’t going the same way as them. After they turned the corner and we couldn’t see them anymore, I said “Can they turn around and come back? They should stay this 2nd week with us.” But of course, I knew they couldn’t. Work and life at home was calling them. It was crazy thinking almost a week ago, we were in that same spot unloading the car and excited for the adventures to come.

Once we got settled into our car, we headed to our “home” for the next week: OKW! I was so excited to finally be back there. It was torture driving by there on my spring break trip with Fiancé. The whole drive there though, it was hard to get excited. Once you see WDW in the eyes of your child, it’s hard to see it differently. And without him there now, it was hard to have fun.

We arrived and parked in the check-in parking lot. While Dad went to the front desk, Fiancé and I kept walking to the dock.

It was already hot that morning, so my camera was fogging up!

Olivia’s:

To the front desk:

After a few minutes, Dad, Mom, and Sis came out. Our room was ready! Building 21, room number 2123. I checked it out on the Resort map and figured out that our bus stop was the Miller’s Road. The CM at check-in was also nice to give Sis a birthday pin since we were getting close to her b-day.

The original plan of this morning was to head to DTD because they were having an AP discount deal at the WoD store that ended at 8 am. We still had a little over an hour, so we decided to just drive there and unpack later.

Before we could enter the store, we had to prove that we were AP, which made us feel like VIP, haha.. As it got closer to 8, we rounded up and made our way to check-out because we didn’t want to miss out on the deal. Good thing we did because the CM shut our check-out down right behind us! We were the last ones for her! Whew! I’m sorry, but everything we got seems to have slipped my mind. I know we got a magnet frame for our fridge like we do every year. I also got this really interesting book that has all the sketches that were drawn up when planning the parks, resorts, and certain attractions. It’s at home, but I think it’s called “The Art of Disney” or something of that nature.

Of course, by this time, we were starving. We had been up since 5 am with nothing to eat! I remembered reading that Earl does breakfast as well, so we headed there. Fiancé and I showed them where we sat outside on our trip. Of course, I can’t remember what I had to eat, but I know everyone loved what they got.

After we ate, we headed to Tren-D and Team Mickey. In Tren-D, Sis and I both got these really cute Mickey flip-flops. I got the white pair and she got the brown pair. I’ve been trying to find a picture of them online to show you guys, but I can’t find one! Then, we headed over to Team Mickey to get Uncle a shirt he asked us to buy for him that he had seen earlier in the trip. I took a pic of it on my phone and sent it to him.

Once we bought the shirt, we headed over to the photopass place to look our pics and buy the one we wanted to frame. We also bought one for Uncle and one for Grandma and Grandpa, and got them frames to go with it. The pic we chose was all of us on Main St. the day we arrived, wearing the shirts we had made. It’s such a good pic. While we were waiting for the pics to print, the CM’s there were so nice and gave Fiancé and I “Just Married” and “Anniversary” pins after we told her that we were coming there for the honeymoon of course.

With the pics in hand, we headed over to the engraving place connected to the x-mas store. We had engraved what we had written on our shirts. We arranged for them to be sent to our room once they were done. With that out of the way, it was time for us to do an annual tradition: pick out an ornament for the tree! Fiancé and I decided to share an ornament this year because we saw this adorable Mickey and Minnie ornament.

This is a pic from Google:

Of course, Sis ended up getting a princess one as usual. We also got a few other Mickey ones that we thought were cute. Mom was shocked that I did not get my usual Tink ornament. I was shocked too, haha!

With ornaments bought and arranged to be sent to our room, we were ready to eat some lunch. I had already told them that we were eating at Earl for lunch because they did not know what they were missing. On the way, we had to take a traditional pic:

And then it was time for some of the best sandwiches ever:

I can’t remember what everyone ordered, but I remember Dad and I both had the Italian. Of course, I had to get the chocolate pudding for dessert. Oh yeah! It was as good as I had remembered it being from March. Mom, Dad, and Sis agreed that they were so good.

After lunch, we decided to head back to check out the room and get unpacked. I was excited to see what floor we were on and what our view would be of. We were right near the golf course. Of course, as I was taking pics, there were some golfers so I was being quiet. Sis saw that and yells out “FORE!” I duck down and run back inside. Dad was out in the living room too and him and Sis were just laughing so hard. I yelled at them and went to my room to unpack, haha. Here’s the pics I got:

To the left:

To the right:

These railings make me happy:

Since we had something else planned to wear to Kona that night, we got changed and walked up to the Conch House (main building) for some drinks before heading to the MK.

~Up next: Our journey from OKW to the Poly for dinner with Kristen and Chris!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #758
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

OH, it's always so sad to see the party get split because some have to leave. Booooo! And I can totally see how you'd have a hard time getting excited for the next week. but, I know you did- eventually.

You had a wonderful view right on the golf course, VERY pretty!

Score on the last customer of the sale!! Nice!!

Old 02-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #759
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Aww, the end of a trip is always so sad! Sounds like you were able to squeeze in some last-minute fun though.

Your ornament is super cute and I love the OKW pictures. Can't wait until March!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 02-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #760
Megan76
Mouseketeer

I've reading your TR since day one and I even went back and read some of your older TR's! You and your fiance remind me a lot of my BF and I Earl of Sandwich is the ABSOLUTE best TS in WDW. My BF and I absolutely love it! It's a must do every trip.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #761
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post

Then, it was the moment I was dreading..saying goodbye. Everyone was crying at this point. Even Fiancé had tears coming. We were crying for so many reasons. Because it was seriously the best trip. Ever. Because it was so much fun showing WDW to Little Guy and seeing his reactions. Because it was Grandma and Grandpa’s last time ever coming to WDW.

Tears for me just thinking of your morning. I'm already dreading saying goodbye to Trent on this trip, and we haven't even gotten there yet.

Old Key West is so pretty.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #762
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Aww goodbyes are so hard, especially after an amazing trip. I'm glad you guys all were able to experience your best trip together.

The pictures of OKW make me miss it, I really liked it when we went. You had a nice view from your room! LOL at your sis!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #763
michael's mom
DIS Veteran

I was just thinking about you girls! Great update Tink (as usual). I can't imagine how difficult it was for you to say goodbye to Little Guy! I have had some incredible memories at WDW... but none hold up to the ones I have with DS. But, you know it won't be his last time going so you can look forward to the next times.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip with your whole family. It's great your grandparents were able to add to those special memories.

DH Me DS DD Chloe Louie
1980-1989 many times at Polynesian;1990, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002 CBR;2004 CBR Honeymoon;2007 CBR Baby's 1st trip; 2009 Grand Gathering at POR;
2011 Wedding and Grand Gathering at our home...CBR Pirate style; 2013 CBR Baby's 1st trip
Old 02-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #764
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Like Tink said, so sorry for the delay! I started school again yesterday and Tink’s been back for a week now. Today should have been day 2 of classes but they were canceled due to the weather! I’m sooooo done with this winter we are having! Before I update I just want to add something quickly about our next trip. Chris’ schedule at work was recently changed (for the better) but it threw off the dates we had planned for May/June. The old dates were May 31-June 8 but we changed them last weekend to June 3-11. If we kept the old dates, he wouldn’t have had enough vacation time! So this way works much better except for one thing…we lost BCV. Instead of the DVC CM just canceling the first 3 days of our reservation and adding the last 3, she canceled the whole reservation. As soon as that was done, our reservation days immediately went to someone who was waitlisted. I was sooo upset at first but my friend who we are renting points from got us Old Key West for the 8 nights now instead! While we are still kind of upset to miss out on BCV and Stormalong Bay, OKW is going to be amazing! Anyway, I just uploaded my pictures from this day of the trip and realized I only have about 15 of them! Crazy! So my update will be short!

The original plan for Chris and I was to wake up around 9 and go to Blizzard Beach which opened at 10. Well I believe we decided before bed the night before that BB just wasn’t in the cards because I felt like total GARBAGE! I was pretty upset about it but we just decided to sleep in the following morning, hang out around Pop for a while and play the afternoon by ear. We ended up sleeping until 10:00 the next morning. It felt really good to sleep in and my sick self needed it. What wasn’t good was that Chris woke up feeling pretty junky too. I could hear it in his voice he was all nasally and his nose started to run like a faucet, just like mine. So now we were both sick, on our vacation. It was okay though, we didn’t let it get to us! Since we now just were lounging for the morning, we got a few bags and threw our dirty laundry in them and went to get some of that out of the way. We got on our bathing suits and cover ups and headed down to the laundry room by the Hippy Dippy Pool. The washing machines run for a half an hour so we put our dirty laundry in and went to grab some breakfast at the Pop food court. Chris got an omlet with potatoes and I got a ham, egg and cheese croissant. We picked up some grapes and an orange for our snacks.

When we were done it was time to go put our laundry into the dryers. We walked into the laundry room LITERALLY 32 minutes after we started the machines and some lady was moving Chris’ laundry! I got SOOOO angry! I understand all the machines were full and she obviously had laundry to do but it wasn’t like we left the wet clothes in there for even 10 or 15 minutes after the machine stopped it was TWO MINUTES. I started saying something to the lady telling her don’t touch other people’s things but when she smiled at me I realized she didn’t speak English. I was fuming. I didn’t feel well, and I hate doing laundry so she just really annoyed me! Vent over. Anyway, we moved our things into dryers and ended up getting a broken dryer that wouldn’t shut off so we got almost an hour of drying for free! While we waited for everything to dry, we laid by the pool and swam intermitently. Soon the laundry was done so we folded that and brought it back up to the room. We came back to the pool and enjoyed some drinks from Petals and a little more swimming.

Eventually I was feeling really tired again and so was Chris. So, we packed up our things and headed back up to the room where we read, relaxed and napped in the room. It sounds like such a boring, do nothing morning but really, it was soooo needed!

Sorry that was so boring but I’m going to stop here because I don’t want to get into the nighttime events yet! Stay tuned!
10-11/12- DISNEYMOON! @ SSR (BECAME DVC MEMBERS!)~~7-8/13- BWV~~10-13- Pop (1st Anniversary!)~~1/14- AKL & POR (Marathon Weekend!)

Old 02-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #765
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Tears and sadness reading your update. Can't wait to eat at Earl in 4 weeks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: