Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2010, 10:51 PM   #211
klacey1
DIS Veteran

These are the best character pictures!! The Little Guy just looks so thrilled-- that's so great!!
Aww, love his little hands trying to keep his balance on the slide-- too funny!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:56 PM   #212
SparKeLLy
Mouseketeer

I Little Guy's t-shirt! Yours is cute too! It looks like he really loved meeting all of the characters.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2010, 10:58 PM   #213
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Again, another wonderful update!! I almost started crying myself just reading it. I don't think you could have asked for a better first day. I love how you are just absorbing the world through Little Guy's eyes and not worrying about yourself.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #214
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post

On the way to the pool, we explained to Little Guy that if he wanted to go down the slide again, he’d have to go down by himself, but Daddy would be at the bottom ready to catch him. He kept asking his dad (Uncle) if he was going to be “really really close to the slide” and he’d put his pointer and thumb together to show how close he wanted him. Haha.

We all got ready for bed and I was falling asleep around 11:15. I closed my eyes and memories of the day danced around in my head. I was so happy to finally be back.
Brooklynn always instructs us not to let her drown (and by that she means 'don't let my head go under water') when she goes down the slide. She likes to see Jill very close to that slide, as well. Trent did let her 'drown' at Animal Kingdom Lodge once, because she ended up coming down sooner than he had thought. He was watching for the little boy she was behind as they went up, but she came down before him.

Sounds like a wonderful day. Love the Chef Mickey's pictures!
I know you drifted off to sleep with a big smile on your face that night.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:58 PM   #215
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

sounds like a great first day at MK.

Love the pics.

CR is really nice place to stay.

Looking forward to more. Off to catch up on others. I am so far behind.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:27 AM   #216
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
Great update! Looks like Chef Mickey's was a success...Little Guy looks like he had a blast! That's so cute how you got teary-eyed during the first character interaction...I find myself doing that when my nephew experiences things for the first time too.

YAY for Little Guy being brave enough to go down the slide by himself!

What a great view for the fireworks and such a perfect way to end the night. The new fireworks are amazing, aren't they?
Thanks! It was such a great meal.

I couldn't help but cry. It was so cute!

I loved the new fireworks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
Love your update. Felt so sad when you talked about how you wished his Mom was there. Such precious moments.
Thanks for reading along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
I was on vacation but am all caught up now!

I loved, loved, loved reading about Little Guy's first time at Chef Mickey's and meeting the characters! I did feel really sad when you said how you wished his mom was there but he is so lucky to have you And that is so cool that you got to see the fireworks right from outside! What an awesome way to end the night.
Aw, I'm glad you liked it!

Thanks so much. We know we can never fill her void, but we try to make the best of it.

It was an awesome view of the fireworks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
well, you have convinced me to do a CM dinner reservation for my trip!! LOL!! All just for seeing the Buzz Lightyear drink!! ha ha No, but seriously you did!! ha ha I know Hollie would want one so I booked it!

I cry all the time when Hollie sees the characters. I can't help it! I literally have tears going down my face while I am smiling. There is nothing better in the world than seeing a child so happy anywhere!
haha! Hollie would love CM's!!

It is so true. There's nothing better than seeing your kid or any kid so happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Can't believe I have only just seen this TR, better late than never though

Little guy is so adorable, glad the first day was a good one and his first character meet was a success
Welcome!! Thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
Great update. Looks like the Little Guy had a fantastic first trip to Chef Mickey's!
Thanks Jill. It was a great night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
What a special first night!

Lots of great memories were made. This trip is just so magical. Thanks for sharing it with us.
And thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
These are the best character pictures!! The Little Guy just looks so thrilled-- that's so great!!
Aww, love his little hands trying to keep his balance on the slide-- too funny!
Thanks! He loved meeting them all.

I know! It was so funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparKeLLy View Post
I Little Guy's t-shirt! Yours is cute too! It looks like he really loved meeting all of the characters.
Thanks! I got his at Target and mine at Sears!

He was having so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
Again, another wonderful update!! I almost started crying myself just reading it. I don't think you could have asked for a better first day. I love how you are just absorbing the world through Little Guy's eyes and not worrying about yourself.
Thanks! I knew this was once in a lifetime trip...and he only gets one 1st time trip and this was probably my grandparents' last trip there..so we wanted to make it the best we could!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Brooklynn always instructs us not to let her drown (and by that she means 'don't let my head go under water') when she goes down the slide. She likes to see Jill very close to that slide, as well. Trent did let her 'drown' at Animal Kingdom Lodge once, because she ended up coming down sooner than he had thought. He was watching for the little boy she was behind as they went up, but she came down before him.

Sounds like a wonderful day. Love the Chef Mickey's pictures!
I know you drifted off to sleep with a big smile on your face that night.
Haha, so you could definitely relate to this update!

Glad you liked the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
sounds like a great first day at MK.

Love the pics.

CR is really nice place to stay.

Looking forward to more. Off to catch up on others. I am so far behind.
Thanks for reading Scott!
Old 08-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #217
manntra
DIS Veteran

I was a bit behind but all caught up now
Love the excitement of a child and seeing everything for a first time...there is just nothing like it.
Dinner at CM's was magical....he was so excited to meet everyone..you can just tell on his face that he is beaming! Great picture of him on his first alone slide ride!! Too cute

Tracy
Old 08-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #218
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Aww what great character pics! Little guy looks so thrilled. He was so brave for going down the slide all by himself!
Old 08-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #220
disneymoon_0307
Disney World is my 2nd home!!!

I'm so on board for another trip report! Great start and I can't wait to hear more! The little guy is so big now. I was crying like a baby when he met his first character. Not such a good outlook for next year when we take our daughter and new baby for their first visits. Keep it coming.
September 2006-POP-First time to Disney World with my fiance.September 2007-Coronado-First MNSSHPMay 2008-Our Disneymoon
Old 08-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #221
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

Hi ladies! I am getting caught up after being gone for a while. I tried to save all of my comments until I finished reading so hopefully I remember it all.

Tink – I can’t tell you how much your update of getting to the MK had my eyes tearing up. It reminds me so much of our trip taking Dylan when he was 1 ½. I loved watching him see everything for the first time (especially IASW, and also when he wanted to stand on the monorail) and I felt like I was reliving it while reading your update. What a special moment for you! You did a great job of expressing your emotions at that moment.

Your comment about having a stroller made me laugh. Yes, it is quite different dealing with that all of the time. After a while, you start to get used to it but I remember thinking, “Oh, this changes everything!” Ha, ha.

The pictures of the slide at the pool are so cute. I can’t wait until Dylan is old enough to do that. They both looked so happy. Is the thing the Little Guy is wearing at the pool a type of life vest? I have never seen one like that before.

The Chef Mickey pictures are wonderful. It looks like a perfect first character meeting.

I wish that our little boys could get together sometime. I know they would be great friends!
Old 08-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #222
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Whoa, I am so far behind. Great updates! Chef Mickey's looks like so much fun. Glad the little guy enjoyed it!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-28-2010, 06:25 PM   #223
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Awww! Your Chef Mickey pictures are adorable! You guys look like your having such a great time!

I love the look on Little Guys face when he went down the slide!!

What a perfect view of the fireworks from the stairs!! WOW!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #224
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

What a great time at Chef Mickeys!!!! Little Guy was so cute with the characters. Some great memories there.

And love the pic of little guy going down the slide all scared. Isn't it funny how you think they hated it and then they want to do it over and over again.
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 08-30-2010, 12:53 AM   #225
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
I was a bit behind but all caught up now
Love the excitement of a child and seeing everything for a first time...there is just nothing like it.
Dinner at CM's was magical....he was so excited to meet everyone..you can just tell on his face that he is beaming! Great picture of him on his first alone slide ride!! Too cute

Tracy
Thanks for getting caught up!

You are right..there's nothing like it! Chef Mickey's was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Aww what great character pics! Little guy looks so thrilled. He was so brave for going down the slide all by himself!
We got some great pics the whole trip! Can't wait to share more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
What a wonderful time at Chef Mickey's for Little Guy's first character meetings!
Thanks for reading glennbo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymoon_0307 View Post
I'm so on board for another trip report! Great start and I can't wait to hear more! The little guy is so big now. I was crying like a baby when he met his first character. Not such a good outlook for next year when we take our daughter and new baby for their first visits. Keep it coming.
Thanks for reading!

Aw, I can't wait for you to take your kids either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
Hi ladies! I am getting caught up after being gone for a while. I tried to save all of my comments until I finished reading so hopefully I remember it all.

Tink – I can’t tell you how much your update of getting to the MK had my eyes tearing up. It reminds me so much of our trip taking Dylan when he was 1 ½. I loved watching him see everything for the first time (especially IASW, and also when he wanted to stand on the monorail) and I felt like I was reliving it while reading your update. What a special moment for you! You did a great job of expressing your emotions at that moment.

Your comment about having a stroller made me laugh. Yes, it is quite different dealing with that all of the time. After a while, you start to get used to it but I remember thinking, “Oh, this changes everything!” Ha, ha.

The pictures of the slide at the pool are so cute. I can’t wait until Dylan is old enough to do that. They both looked so happy. Is the thing the Little Guy is wearing at the pool a type of life vest? I have never seen one like that before.

The Chef Mickey pictures are wonderful. It looks like a perfect first character meeting.

I wish that our little boys could get together sometime. I know they would be great friends!
Thanks for getting caught up!

Aw..I knew you'd relate to my trip because of Dylan. I wish our boys could get together too!

Yes, it is a type of life vest thing. He steps into it and a strap buckles up in-between his legs, then we have to pull it up so it's on. Works perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Whoa, I am so far behind. Great updates! Chef Mickey's looks like so much fun. Glad the little guy enjoyed it!
Thanks girl for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Awww! Your Chef Mickey pictures are adorable! You guys look like your having such a great time!

I love the look on Little Guys face when he went down the slide!!

What a perfect view of the fireworks from the stairs!! WOW!
Glad you liked the update!

Haha, we caught his face at the perfect time!

It was a great spot to watch from!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
What a great time at Chef Mickeys!!!! Little Guy was so cute with the characters. Some great memories there.

And love the pic of little guy going down the slide all scared. Isn't it funny how you think they hated it and then they want to do it over and over again.
I was so worried what he was going to think of the characters, but it ended up being a great experience!

I know! He was scared on it, but LOVED it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: