Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #196
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Checking in from my dad's desktop again...my laptop is going to be $150 to fix and another $40 for a new charger (which isn't even really new, it's a refurbished one I found online). Not really what I had planned on blowing nearly $200 on but something that unfortunately needs to be done. Good thing we have Tink's WONDERFUL updates to get us through until we finally get to meet Her Little Guy is soooo adorable and I miss him! Wait til you see some of our pictures from later in the trip with him, you guys will love them!! Hopefully I should have my laptop back by the beginning of next week, wish me luck!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 08-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #197
michael's mom
DIS Veteran

looking forward to hearing about your trip Kristen! It stinks not having a computer...I've been there

DH Me DS DD Chloe Louie
1980-1989 many times at Polynesian;1990, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002 CBR;2004 CBR Honeymoon;2007 CBR Baby's 1st trip; 2009 Grand Gathering at POR;
2011 Wedding and Grand Gathering at our home...CBR Pirate style; 2013 CBR Baby's 1st trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2010, 11:36 PM   #198
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
I got a little behind, but just caught up. I know how you feel seeing the lights on at Space Mountain. My first time riding, the lights came on right before we were to get on. They were off again by the time we rode, but I think it ruined the ride for me. You got a great pic though.

Love the pics going down the slide. Too cute!
Thanks for reading along!

It is cool but disappointing at the same time to see Space with the lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Your first park day was fabulous! I love the swimming pictures! Little guy looks like he's having so much fun!
Thanks! He LOVED the pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
Tink, I'm still here, just got back from Disney!

I love seeing the photo's of the CR, we just stayed on the 10th floor same view.. it was amazing!

The new rooms are so great, we really enjoyed our time there... I loved seeing the photos of the little guy going down the slide... too cute!
You just got back?! Did you have fun?! You stayed just two floors up from us! Wasn't it beautiful?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
Just caught up and patiently waiting for more. Can't wait to hear how the meet went. That is really great how wonderful your fiance is with little guy.
Thanks for reading along.

Fiance and Little Guy have definitely bonded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Checking in from my dad's desktop again...my laptop is going to be $150 to fix and another $40 for a new charger (which isn't even really new, it's a refurbished one I found online). Not really what I had planned on blowing nearly $200 on but something that unfortunately needs to be done. Good thing we have Tink's WONDERFUL updates to get us through until we finally get to meet Her Little Guy is soooo adorable and I miss him! Wait til you see some of our pictures from later in the trip with him, you guys will love them!! Hopefully I should have my laptop back by the beginning of next week, wish me luck!
Aw thanks Kristen. I wish I had more time to do updates faster! I will try and find some time this weekend to put up another one!

You know Little Guy misses you too!
Old 08-27-2010, 06:36 AM   #199
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Sorry you are having laptop issues. This one is still holding out, although it is slow, slow, slow sometimes.

I look forward to more pictures and updates whenever tinkgurl has the time. Life gets busy for all of us. I know I haven't been around as much in the last month as much as I was able to be in the summer when school was out. I am behind on many reports but still try to peek in on whoever I happen to see at the top when I log on.

You girls enjoy your weekend!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #200
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Sorry you are having laptop issues. This one is still holding out, although it is slow, slow, slow sometimes.

I look forward to more pictures and updates whenever tinkgurl has the time. Life gets busy for all of us. I know I haven't been around as much in the last month as much as I was able to be in the summer when school was out. I am behind on many reports but still try to peek in on whoever I happen to see at the top when I log on.

You girls enjoy your weekend!
Thanks MeMom! Glad you understand!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #201
tinkgurl

July 19, 2010 *continued*

~tinkgurl's day:
We left off leaving the pool and heading up to the room to get changed for Chef Mickey’s! After everyone was all ready, we met back up and headed to the elevator. In the elevator, asked Little Guy if he remembered what we’re going to do/say at Chef Mickey’s. He smiled and said “C’mon and party!” and swung his arm in the air. He did remember! I had been practicing him for that and for yelling for ketchup at WCC. Haha.

We got off the elevator at the Concourse Level and headed to our left towards the restaurant. As we made it around the corner and up to the check-in, I kept pointing out new things to Little Guy like the big Chef Mickey’s sign, the monorail track, how high up the ceiling was, and the dessert station. After we were given a pager, we went over to get in line for a family picture with the Chef Mickey statue. Little Guy actually did good when it was our turn! I kept saying through my smile “Smile stinker!” I could hear him giggle every time.

After they took our pic, we headed over to the seated waiting area. I can’t remember how many t.v.’s they had set up, but there was Phineus and Ferb on, so Little Guy wanted to find a spot to lay and watch. He put his arms back behind his head and laid there just like he does at home:

Maybe 5 minutes later, our pager went off. Yes! We didn’t have to wait too long! The CM seating us asked if there were any 1st timers with. We told her it was Little Guy, Grandma, and Grandpa’s first time. She told them ‘Welcome!’ and explained to them about the buffet lines and what food there was. She took us up some stairs and into a nice big corner table. If it weren’t for the blinds, we’d be able to see out to the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Grand Floridian perfectly. I could make them out just barely without pulling back the blind. Our waiter came right away and explained to us which way the characters would be coming from, took our drink orders, and then said we could start getting food whenever we wanted.

I could see Minnie was just a few tables away, so Mom, Sis, and I stayed with Little Guy and Cuz while the others got their food. Luckily, they made it back in time to see his first character meeting. When I saw we were going to be the next table, I prepared Little Guy. I would say “Look who’s coming to our table next!” He’d turn around and just smile and watch them until it was our turn. When Minnie came, I said to her “Minnie, this is his first time meeting anybody!” She clapped her hands, put her hands on her cheeks like she was blushing, and gave Little Guy a hug.

Of course, I started crying. Not hard crying, but just happy tears down my face. I finally knew what it felt like to see your child meet a character for the first time. Just the smile on his face and the fascination and awe that he had with them was priceless. He played with her nose and kept kissing her. Then, she posed for a pic with us:

I said to Little Guy, “Say thank-you to Minnie!” He said “Thank-you Minnie” and blew her a kiss. She blew him one back and they waved bye to each other.

Pluto was just a few tables away too! So, Sis ran and got her food and some food for Little Guy while I waited with him. She made it back just in time! As Pluto came up, the first thing Little Guy grabbed was his tongue! I had to say, “Whoa, whoa, whoa! Be nice to Pluto!” Pluto gestured a laugh and patted Little Guy on the head. Then Little Guy had to show Pluto that he was on his shirt. Pluto pointed to himself on the shirt and jumped up and down like he was all excited. Little Guy laughed and laughed. Then, we all posed for a pic:

As you can see, we HAD to get Little Guy the light-up Buzz Lightyear drink. He thought he was SO cool. And you can see that Little Guy had a hard time taking his eyes off Pluto for a picture! Little Guy told Pluto “Thank-you” and just as Pluto was waving us bye, Mickey comes up! We were on a roll! I told Mickey this was Little Guy’s first time meeting him and he gave Little Guy a big hug. Then, we posed for a pic:

After the pic, Little Guy had to give Mickey a kiss on his nose.

Mickey acted all shy then gave Little Guy another hug. Then, he waved us bye and went on to the next table. Out of all the characters, he was the least social.

Goofy was not too far behind, so I just waited for him too. Grandma kept freaking out that I hadn’t gotten my food yet. I told her I was happy just waiting and seeing all the characters meet with Little Guy and then I’d go get my food. Goofy came up and had to give everyone high-fives. Little Guy thought this was hilarious. Then he came behind Little Guy and posed for a pic:

As you can see, Little Guy was ready to give him another high-five! After a few more rounds of that, Goofy waves us bye and moved on to the next table. Donald wasn’t close to us yet, so I finally had a chance to get some food! As I sat back down, they announced that it was almost time for our song! I told Little Guy to help me listen for the music and when it started he got all excited. The first part’s song says the words “M-I-C-K-E-Y” and Little Guy and I would sing it every time. Then, it was time to swing our napkins!

Every time they said “C’mon and party!” Little Guy and I said it too.

I looked around at all of us. We all had the biggest smiles on our faces. I could not believe we were actually there, swinging our napkins- something that I had been talking about with Little Guy for so long. This was one of those moments that I wish his Mom was here to see. But, I knew she was right there with us for everything. At the end of the song, it goes “Celebrate with Mickey Mouse!” and we all threw our napkins up and cheered. Little Guy had a blast doing that.

Shortly after that, Donald finally made his way over. Little Guy had to get down and show him where he was on his shirt. Donald gave him a thumbs up and Little Guy laughed. Then, he posed with Cuz and Little Guy for a pic:

As Donald left, Little Guy said he was ready for dessert! He is so related to us. Haha. So, Sis took him to the dessert station while I went and got some more food from the buffet. After we all made it back to the table, Pluto was making his 2nd round. This time Little Guy wanted to get down and give Pluto a hug.

After the pic, he gave Pluto another big hug then sat back down to finish his dessert. Some of us headed over to the dessert station and got our own dessert. We hurried and ate it because we knew Little Guy was going to start getting antsy once he was done. We asked him if he wanted to go back down to the pool and, of course, he said “YEAH!” So, up to the room we went to get back into swimming suits. As we left, he turned around and said “Bye Chef Mickey’s!” I sighed a big sigh of relief. Chef Mickey’s and his first character meeting was a huge success.

On the way to the pool, we explained to Little Guy that if he wanted to go down the slide again, he’d have to go down by himself, but Daddy would be at the bottom ready to catch him. He kept asking his dad (Uncle) if he was going to be “really really close to the slide” and he’d put his pointer and thumb together to show how close he wanted him. Haha. Fiancé made sure he knew that he was going to go up the slide with him, so he wouldn’t be all alone. Then, he told Little Guy to make sure to turn around once Daddy got him so he could see how big of a splash Fiancé made. He said ’Okay!’ and off to the slide they went. Dad, Uncle, Sis, and I went to the area of the pool by the slide so we could watch him go down and Uncle could catch him. Mom came over with the camera to get a pic of his first time going down alone.

That’s his scared face! Haha. And as you can see, he had his arms out to each side trying to make sure he didn’t fall over. It was hilarious. Once Daddy caught him and Fiancé came down, we asked him what he thought of it and he turns to Fiancé and says “Let’s go again!” So he loved it! And that was the start of his million times down the slide that week.

By 9:45, we were all super tired and ready for bed. As we headed back to the main tower, I realized that it was almost time for the new fireworks to start at 10! So, Little Guy, Fiancé, and I went up the stairs to our floor, which are all outside with a perfect view of the MK. Mom, Dad, and Grandpa met us on our floor with the door open because you can’t get in from the stairs. We had the door propped open and watched the fireworks right from our stair level outside. It was perfect! When it came to the part where the fairies are fighting over what color the Castle should be, I told Little Guy what was going on. The whole rest of the fireworks, he would randomly ask, “Why are they fighting?” haha. During the whole show, I kept an eye on the Castle because I wasn’t sure when Tink would be flying out. When she did, I made sure Little Guy found her. He thought it was so cool!

We only had to wait 5 minutes for them to start:

When it was the finale, Little Guy said “Oh my gosh!” to all the fireworks going off at once. When it was all over, we clapped and cheered and went inside. We went with Grandpa and Little Guy back to their room to discuss what time we needed to get up and meet the next morning. Then, we said our good-nights and headed back to our room.

Once we got there, we could hear the water parade (yes, I am forgetting the name of it right now) going on. We went out on the balcony and watched it. We had the perfect view from our room! It had been so long since we had seen it. I think the last time was when we were staying at the Villas at WL back in 2007!

We all got ready for bed and I was falling asleep around 11:15. I closed my eyes and memories of the day danced around in my head. I was so happy to finally be back.

~Up next: breakfast ADR at the Crystal Palace
Old 08-27-2010, 12:48 PM   #202
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Aw, what a great update! You can just see the joy on Little Guy's face when all the characters came around. You just can't go wrong with a meal at Chef Mickey's!

Love the pic of him going down the slide all alone. That first time is always a bit scary!

How awesome that you got to watch the fireworks all together like that. I'm sure they were amazing.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 08-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #203
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Aw, what a great update! You can just see the joy on Little Guy's face when all the characters came around. You just can't go wrong with a meal at Chef Mickey's!

Love the pic of him going down the slide all alone. That first time is always a bit scary!

How awesome that you got to watch the fireworks all together like that. I'm sure they were amazing.
Thanks!

Chef Mickey's was the best meal to start out the trip.

He was so brave, but I love that face! You'll see/hear about it a few more times!

We had such a great view!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #204
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Great update! Looks like Chef Mickey's was a success...Little Guy looks like he had a blast! That's so cute how you got teary-eyed during the first character interaction...I find myself doing that when my nephew experiences things for the first time too.

YAY for Little Guy being brave enough to go down the slide by himself!

What a great view for the fireworks and such a perfect way to end the night. The new fireworks are amazing, aren't they?
Old 08-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #205
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Love your update. Felt so sad when you talked about how you wished his Mom was there. Such precious moments.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:22 PM   #206
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

I was on vacation but am all caught up now!

I loved, loved, loved reading about Little Guy's first time at Chef Mickey's and meeting the characters! I did feel really sad when you said how you wished his mom was there but he is so lucky to have you And that is so cool that you got to see the fireworks right from outside! What an awesome way to end the night.

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 08-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #207
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

well, you have convinced me to do a CM dinner reservation for my trip!! LOL!! All just for seeing the Buzz Lightyear drink!! ha ha No, but seriously you did!! ha ha I know Hollie would want one so I booked it!

I cry all the time when Hollie sees the characters. I can't help it! I literally have tears going down my face while I am smiling. There is nothing better in the world than seeing a child so happy anywhere!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:14 PM   #208
Sarah84
DIS Veteran

Can't believe I have only just seen this TR, better late than never though

Little guy is so adorable, glad the first day was a good one and his first character meet was a success
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Old 08-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #209
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Great update. Looks like the Little Guy had a fantastic first trip to Chef Mickey's!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #210
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

What a special first night!

Lots of great memories were made. This trip is just so magical. Thanks for sharing it with us.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: