Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #166
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, no, Kristen! That's such a shame about your laptop! Fingers crossed that it is an easy and cheap fix!
Old 08-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #167
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I hope we haven't lost any readers! I promise to have an update soon. The days just keep going by so fast! We moved Sis in at school yesterday. Today was her first day of college! She said it went well and she found her classes just fine.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #168
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Glad your sister's first day at college went well! I remember when we moved my sister in last year. It was fun shopping and organizing the dorm room and stuff, until it was time to say goodbye. My mom and I cried in the car when we left her But my sis ended up coming back home a year later to go to school so it's all good
Old 08-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #169
michael's mom
DIS Veteran

Still reading...anxiously awaiting your first meet!

Kristen, I hope your computer is an easy fix for you. That really stinks. I got upset with DH last year and "put" our laptop down on the table a bit to hard and destroyed our hard drive. I lost so many important (sentimental) things. Like the letters I wrote to DS to add to his babybook because they were full! UGH!

DH Me DS DD Chloe Louie
1980-1989 many times at Polynesian;1990, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002 CBR;2004 CBR Honeymoon;2007 CBR Baby's 1st trip; 2009 Grand Gathering at POR;
2011 Wedding and Grand Gathering at our home...CBR Pirate style; 2013 CBR Baby's 1st trip
Old 08-24-2010, 10:23 PM   #170
tinkgurl

July 19, 2010 *continued*

~tinkgurl's day:
We left off heading to Cosmic Ray’s for lunch…As we got closer to the entrance, Little Guy started to change his mind. He didn’t want to eat. He wanted to ride Winnie the Pooh. We kept telling him that we would go there right after lunch. He wasn’t having it. Haha. We took him out of the stroller and I tried to find a place to park it. Does anyone else think that they really need better parking there? Or maybe I just didn’t find the right place for them. I ended up parking it next to some other strollers behind a bench. I was hoping it’d still be there when we came back for it.

We walked in to get in line and the place was packed. We knew it would be. Grandma and Grandpa on the other hand did not. They were so worried that we weren’t going to be able to eat together. We promised them that we would try our hardest to find enough tables together, but we would be okay splitting up just for lunch. We did end up splitting up to order our food. I went with Uncle, Cuz, Little Guy, and Fiancé. Fiancé and I both had the Greek salad, which was good! Little Guy still was not wanting to eat but we ordered him some chicken fingers. His patience was wearing thin. We decided it was definitely nap time for him because we didn’t want him in a bad mood later at Chef Mickey’s.

After we ordered our food, I went and started looking for tables. I found one right away, sort-of back towards the hallway to the bathrooms. Uncle came with our food and sat down there. Then, I started looking around for everyone else. As I was doing that, two other tables next to our first table opened up, so Uncle and Fiancé grabbed them for the rest of our group. As I came back to the tables, Little Guy was crying because he had wanted to go look for everyone with me. Oh boy. So, the rest of the meal he cried or pouted…and then started falling asleep. We all hurried and finished our food. Then, it was time to decide the next plan of the day. Uncle was going to walk back to the monorail with Grandma and Grandpa and Little Guy. They were going to take him back to the room and all of them were going to take a much needed nap. Uncle was then going to come back and meet up with us. I swear, the second we stood up from our tables- two families started attacking us. They wanted our tables NOW.

As we walked out of Cosmic Ray’s and out to the stroller, I was happy to see that it was right where I left it. We said our good-byes and went our separate ways. While part of the group headed to the monorail, the rest of us headed over to the TTA, which I, of course, still call the People Mover. I always will. In fact, I just read that they added ‘People Mover’ back into the name of the ride! As we walked that way, I reminded Mom, Dad, and Sis that they hadn’t heard the new spiel yet! They were anxious to see if they liked it or not.

Coming up past Astro Orbiter, we saw a long line coming from the ramp up to the People Mover. It was so crazy long that it weaved around by the Astro Orbiter line! We finally made it up the ramp and split up. Mom, Dad, Sis, and Cuz in one car (would you call them cars?); Fiancé and I in one right behind them. Fiancé and I rested our feet up on the seat across from us. I sighed and smiled. We were finally back to the MK…on the People Mover. I can’t tell you how many times we ride this thing each trip. Too many to count.

We made our way into Space Mountain and we saw right away that it was broke down with the lights on! No fun. I like being all scared in the pitch black and not being able to see anything until you make it around the corner and you can start to see the ride. I hurried and got my camera out. No way I was missing this chance to take a pic!

Anytime we see Space Mountain with the lights on just amazes me at how much different the ride seems. It doesn’t look as fun and thrilling as it is in the dark and you can’t see where you’re going.

We made it back out into the bright Florida sun and it took my eyes a few minutes to adjust again. We turned left and started going past the Space entrance. They had no wait time posted and the entrance was closed off, so no one was even in line.

I’m sure there were some mad people…especially if this was your only MK day. As we weaved around past the Carousel of Progress, I saw that Buzz Lightyear was out doing meet ‘n greets. That was definitely put on the agenda for the Little Guy. As we approached the part where you go past the Buzz’s Space Ranger Spin, I got sad. I miss that part of the old People Mover spiel: “Citizens of Tomorrowland: join Buzz Lightyear on a daring space mission to save the universe from the Evil Emperor Zurg! Report to Star Command at Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin!” Yes, I would even do it in a deep voice and all excited like the spiel guy.

We made it back outside and I had my camera ready for a traditional pic that I have to take every year:

The clouds were just so beautiful this day. The sky almost looked fake. You know what it really reminded me of? Andy’s room from Toy Story. Yes I know, pretty random. Fiancé finds humor in the random things that come to my mind. Haha.

As for the new spiel, I have to admit the new part with Roz talking by the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is cute. I don’t know why, but she always makes me laugh.

As we started approaching the exit platform, we texted Uncle and figured out a place to meet. He was just coming back down Main Street, so we told him to wait for us by Casey’s. We knew he was dying to ride his favorite- PoTC, so that’s where we were headed next. As we walked over the bumpy bridge and into Adventureland, I couldn’t help but remember going over that in my stroller when Sis and I were younger. Dad would run real fast and we’d make noises so our teeth would rattle. AND…I love how Adventureland smells like green peppers in that spot as you just enter from the hub.

We made our way through the crowds and over to PoTC. The wait time said 40, but they were hardly weaving outside. We decided to get in line anyways. We had already made it all the way there. We decided to keep track of the time from the moment we got in line to the moment we were getting into a boat. Instead of the stated 40 minutes, it only took us 25. Not too bad! As we go through the beginning cave scene, I always get freaked out and think about that myth of the ghost of George. If you don’t know about it, look it up sometime. Of course, I get so excited when we go back the Capt. Jack Sparrow scenes. It amazes me how real his animatronics look. As we go by the end scene where Capt. Jack is in the treasure room, Fiancé and I always talk about the trip where Capt. Jack had a broken arm. The arm that he moves around was broken and flapping all weird. It was hilarious and odd at the same time.

As we made our way up the ramp and into the gift shop, we realized that we could go use our Peter Pan FP’s! We hurried through the cut across to Frontierland, through Liberty Square, and made it onto the other side of the parade route before it had made it’s way there! It was interesting weaving through the crowds, but we all made it and regrouped near CHH. As we made our way around the corner and into Fantasyland, we saw how long the line was to PP. It was all the way outside of the entrance! We got closer and realized that there was another line all the way outside for the FP return! It was getting so long and ridiculous. People in line were getting shoved by people trying to walk through. People walking up to get in line were cutting other people. We were just so happy when we finally made it onto the ride. I know the line is always crazy long for PP, but I’ve never seen it THAT long.

After reading my “Hidden Secrets” book, I tried to find the blocks that spelled out different things in the nursery scene but I never did the whole trip! Does anyone know what I’m talking about?

After we got off, Fiancé, Cuz, and I used the extra FP’s to go again. While I was excited to ride again, I wasn’t excited to deal with that crazy long line outside the entrance again. Luckily, it wasn’t as bad this time around. We must’ve came right at the exact moment as everyone else did! The CM taking FP’s just looked at us with that look on her face as if to say “You guys look rarely familiar.” haha.

When we got off, we headed over to Pinocchio’s to meet up with Mom, Dad, Uncle, and Sis who were cooling off with some drinks. We decided to see how long Mickey’s PhilharMagic was as we walked by. The wait time said 40 minutes! Never have I ever seen that line that long either! We decided to call it a day and head back to the Contemporary. We texted Grandma as we were heading to the monorail and she said that they were all up and Little Guy was ready to go swimming, which we had planned on doing the rest of the afternoon until our Chef Mickey’s ADR.

There was a monorail in the station waiting, so we hurried up the ramp and got on the first car with room. As we left the station, it was crazy thinking that we were staying at the Contemporary again. Like I said before, everything was bringing back memories of past trips.

We pulled into “our place” for the week and hurried off as soon as the doors opened. We were anxious to see Little Guy again. Uncle and Cuz went to there room and we went to ours. We hurried and got our suits on, then ran down to their room. Little Guy greeted us with his goggles and trunks on. Grandma meant it when he was ready to go swimming! Haha.

We headed to the elevator and the whole time we headed to the pool, I gave him a lecture about walking and not running. I’m always afraid he’s going to slip and fall because he just forgets and starts running! We found some chairs in the shade for Grandma and Grandpa to sit, relax, and watch us. Little Guy was eyeing the slide. Uncle and I went to wait in the pool at the bottom, while Fiancé and Little Guy went to get in line. We had a system going…Fiancé would wave and let us know when Little Guy was about 2 people away from going. This way, Uncle had enough time to make his way to the bottom of the slide to catch him. Then, Fiancé would slide down and make a huge splash on Uncle and Little Guy, which got him laughing every time. But this first time going, Fiancé rode down with him. They got in trouble by the lifeguard, but oh well. By the end of the trip, I can’t tell you how many times the two of them went down that thing. When it was time to go, we had to practically drag them out of the pool. They were having a blast.

Mom came over by the slide to take pics…

Heading up the stairs:

Almost there!:

They’re next!:

His first time going down. This is seriously one of my favorite pics of the trip. Look at the smiles on their faces!:

And going in the water. Can you spot Uncle and I telling him how awesome he was?!:

He LOVED it. But, he didn’t know about going down by himself. He said he’d try it later. Haha. So we swam and played for about an hour and a half, then it was time to go get ready for Chef Mickey’s!

~Up next: Little Guy’s first character meeting!
Old 08-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #171
SparKeLLy
Mouseketeer

Those pictures are great! Everyone looks soooo happy, I love it. I love reading about your childhood memories too. I haven't been on the people mover the past couple trips but this time I will for sure.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #172
michael's mom
DIS Veteran

great update tink! I can't believe how long those lines were. And SM being broken...ugh. I actually get nervous in SM because it's not quite dark enough...I can see the tracks just enough to make me worry I'm going to hit them (even though I'm 5'3 and people much taller have ridden!)

Can't wait to hear about CM's!

DH Me DS DD Chloe Louie
1980-1989 many times at Polynesian;1990, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002 CBR;2004 CBR Honeymoon;2007 CBR Baby's 1st trip; 2009 Grand Gathering at POR;
2011 Wedding and Grand Gathering at our home...CBR Pirate style; 2013 CBR Baby's 1st trip
Old 08-25-2010, 04:31 AM   #173
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Such fun at the pool! I know he had a blast. Brooklynn loves the slides now that she is big enough to do them. It would be hard to say how long she would stay at the pool unless we finally said it was time to go. Probably a good part of the day. Water play makes for easy bed times, too. They fall asleep quickly and sleep hard!

Leaving the park and being back at your room in a matter of just five minutes sounds awesome.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:22 AM   #174
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparKeLLy View Post
Those pictures are great! Everyone looks soooo happy, I love it. I love reading about your childhood memories too. I haven't been on the people mover the past couple trips but this time I will for sure.
Thanks! I was so excited to show those slide pics.

And I love sharing those memories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael's mom View Post
great update tink! I can't believe how long those lines were. And SM being broken...ugh. I actually get nervous in SM because it's not quite dark enough...I can see the tracks just enough to make me worry I'm going to hit them (even though I'm 5'3 and people much taller have ridden!)

Can't wait to hear about CM's!
Thanks. I can't believe how long they were either!

I always think I'm going to hit them too and I'm short too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Such fun at the pool! I know he had a blast. Brooklynn loves the slides now that she is big enough to do them. It would be hard to say how long she would stay at the pool unless we finally said it was time to go. Probably a good part of the day. Water play makes for easy bed times, too. They fall asleep quickly and sleep hard!

Leaving the park and being back at your room in a matter of just five minutes sounds awesome.
Oh my gosh, you are right. They do fall asleep good after a day at the pool!

It was so great being that close.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #175
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I have Space Mtn pic with the lights on too! My DH rode it with the lights on in Jan 09 and said it was so lame! I am really looking forward to the Peoplemover since it was closed last time we were there. It's so relaxing and the views are amazing.

I have seen the blocks in the nursery on Peter Pan. I don't remember what they spell, but you have to look to the left first thing when you enter the actual ride.

Looks like Little Guy really loved that slide! My DD would have been all about that slide!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 08-25-2010, 09:27 AM   #176
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Kristen- I hope you get your computer fixed soon. Sorry about that.

Tink- I love the SM picture. That is so cool! Sorry it broke down on you, though. Aww, love the slide pictures. Too cute.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #177
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Sorry about your computer, Kristen! I hope they're able to fix it and that it isn't expensive at all!

Aw, that's too bad that the Little Guy was so tired and cranky at lunch. But it sounds like he was SUPER happy once he woke up! I like that picture of the guys going down the slide too--they look SO happy! It's fun hearing about your memories from past trips. It's so neat that WDW has been such a huge part of your life growing up.

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 08-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #178
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Ugh I can't believe how long those lines were...crazy!

Maybe Space being closed had a big impact on some of the other ride lines.

I love the pic of the two of them coming down the waterslide...what a precious moment.

I can't wait to hear what he thought of his first character experience

Old 08-25-2010, 01:02 PM   #179
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

Great update! I, too, love the slide picture. What joy on their faces!

Too funny about your description of the time that Jack Sparrow's arm was broken on PoTC. I would have loved to have seen that.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #180
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I have Space Mtn pic with the lights on too! My DH rode it with the lights on in Jan 09 and said it was so lame! I am really looking forward to the Peoplemover since it was closed last time we were there. It's so relaxing and the views are amazing.

I have seen the blocks in the nursery on Peter Pan. I don't remember what they spell, but you have to look to the left first thing when you enter the actual ride.

Looks like Little Guy really loved that slide! My DD would have been all about that slide!
DH rode it with the lights on?! I bet it would've looked like you were about to hit your head!

I could ride the People Mover all day.

Okay, thanks for the info.!

He loved the slide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
Tink- I love the SM picture. That is so cool! Sorry it broke down on you, though. Aww, love the slide pictures. Too cute.
Thanks girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Aw, that's too bad that the Little Guy was so tired and cranky at lunch. But it sounds like he was SUPER happy once he woke up! I like that picture of the guys going down the slide too--they look SO happy! It's fun hearing about your memories from past trips. It's so neat that WDW has been such a huge part of your life growing up.
He was so much better after his nap!

They had a blast at the pool.

I love sharing those memories so thanks for reading them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Ugh I can't believe how long those lines were...crazy!

Maybe Space being closed had a big impact on some of the other ride lines.

I love the pic of the two of them coming down the waterslide...what a precious moment.

I can't wait to hear what he thought of his first character experience
It was one of the busier days of the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
Great update! I, too, love the slide picture. What joy on their faces!

Too funny about your description of the time that Jack Sparrow's arm was broken on PoTC. I would have loved to have seen that.
Glad you like the pic!

It was so funny!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: