Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #151
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, Tink. What amazing updates!! I got the hugest smile on my face when you were talking about you and The Little Guy dancing and saying "We're Here!" when you went under the arch for the first time! And him reassuring you about the elevators is just precious. I can't imagine what it's like to take a little one for the first time. You'll be all prepared for when you take your kids for their first visit! Your shirts are really cute--I'm sure it just helped make everything more special. I LOVED LOVED LOVED reading about Little Guy's reactions to everything in the Park. And it's adorable that he sat on your Fiance's shoulders the whole time. My sister rode on my dad's shoulders at WDW when she was 5 and went for the first time. I think the kids just love being able to see over the crowds. Great updates!! I can't wait to read more!

And Kristen, I know what you mean about not being able to sleep! We had a hard time being able to sleep for the entire week before WDW and then for the first few days after we were there. We were just way to excited! I'm SO anxious for you two girls to meet! (well, for us to read about it... )

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 08-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #152
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

I can feel your excitement when you were arriving in WDW... You were more anxious & excited than your nephew! LOL

How nice to have your rooms ready! That is a score! The room looks really nice and that view is awesome!

It is truly amazing seeing a child light up at the sight of the castle or just being in the MK!

Isn't it a joy carting around a stroller all day? Trying to find a place to park, people cutting you off, trying to get through a store, etc...

Little guy on your DF shoulders... I can see it now.

Hope you had a good lunch at Cosmic Rays!

KRISTEN... what is taking you so long? Tink is in WDW and you are still hanging out in NY???? Would you get there already?!?!??!?!?!?!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #153
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Love the matching t-shirts! They are so cute. I would have been doing the same thing that you were doing....pointing out each and every little thing that we were seeing! I never want anyone to miss anything...especially on their first trip.

Isn't it amazing watching someone (especially a little guy) see the Castle for the first time. It's so awesome. His hat is so cute.
Thanks girl. The shirts made for a great picture.

He never got annoyed with me always pointing out things. It was so amazing seeing his first look at the Castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
Great update. Loved hearing about Little Guy seeing the Magic Kingdom for the first time. There is something so magical about that. Always brings a lump to my throat when I see my two girls in awe like that. Very very special.
It is magical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Oh my goodness, Tink. What amazing updates!! I got the hugest smile on my face when you were talking about you and The Little Guy dancing and saying "We're Here!" when you went under the arch for the first time! And him reassuring you about the elevators is just precious. I can't imagine what it's like to take a little one for the first time. You'll be all prepared for when you take your kids for their first visit! Your shirts are really cute--I'm sure it just helped make everything more special. I LOVED LOVED LOVED reading about Little Guy's reactions to everything in the Park. And it's adorable that he sat on your Fiance's shoulders the whole time. My sister rode on my dad's shoulders at WDW when she was 5 and went for the first time. I think the kids just love being able to see over the crowds. Great updates!! I can't wait to read more!
Glad you like the TR so far!

You're right, he is definitely good practice for someday when I have my own. I just had Sis and Fiance only had sisters, so now we're prepared for both a girl and a boy. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I can feel your excitement when you were arriving in WDW... You were more anxious & excited than your nephew! LOL

How nice to have your rooms ready! That is a score! The room looks really nice and that view is awesome!

It is truly amazing seeing a child light up at the sight of the castle or just being in the MK!

Isn't it a joy carting around a stroller all day? Trying to find a place to park, people cutting you off, trying to get through a store, etc...

Little guy on your DF shoulders... I can see it now.

Hope you had a good lunch at Cosmic Rays!
I think I was more anxious and excited than he was too!

They were great rooms!

Ugh, I can't tell you how many times we got cut off. And then people wonder why they get hit in the back of their ankles!?!

Oh you'll be seeing lots of pics of him on Fiance's shoulders. haha
Old 08-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #154
jenniferkeala808
DIS Veteran

Hey tink!! Awww sooo cute the little guy wanted to go to chef mickey’s right then and there but I’m sure he didn’t put up a fight when u told him where u folks were headed! LOL! I’m glad everyone got there safe and sound! Aww those shirts are wonderful!! So cute little guy on fiance’s shoulders! I remember seeing that pic that heather posted! So cute! Awww what a great sport the little guy was with the line! Can’t wait to hear if you folks survived lunch..i’m sure the little guy was fine! He’s being such a “big guy” so far! LOL! Looking forward to next update!
Old 08-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #155
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Wow, great updates! Little Guy is soo cute and I like the shirts! The other day my DH told me that a guy he worked with was going to Orlando with his wife for some conference or something she had for work.. well yesterday he told me guess where he stayed and where he went? I said disney world?!!! and he said yes, and I said well where did he stay? And DH said "Contemporary I think, is that a cool one?" "WHATTT? NO fair- he's not even a disney fan and he gets to go there and stay at Contemp. for FREE" jerk. hehe

I like your view as well! I like when I'm on high floor levels!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:47 PM   #156
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Great updates ladies!!! Little Guy seems so Happy and excited! I love seeing the first reactions! My DD literally cried when she seen Cinderellas Castle for the first time !! It was priceless! Well I just got caught back up and now I'm only a day away ! One more day of work and then I'm gonna be so behind right in time for the Big Meet oh well i'll have alot of catching up to do in September !
Old 08-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #157
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferkeala808 View Post
Hey tink!! Awww sooo cute the little guy wanted to go to chef mickey’s right then and there but I’m sure he didn’t put up a fight when u told him where u folks were headed! LOL! I’m glad everyone got there safe and sound! Aww those shirts are wonderful!! So cute little guy on fiance’s shoulders! I remember seeing that pic that heather posted! So cute! Awww what a great sport the little guy was with the line! Can’t wait to hear if you folks survived lunch..i’m sure the little guy was fine! He’s being such a “big guy” so far! LOL! Looking forward to next update!
Hey girl! I know, he was ready to go eat now! haha

Glad you like the shirts! We thought they were cute.

Aw...I remember sending that pic that you are talking about to Heather. I believe it's already been a month since we got there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAusty View Post
Wow, great updates! Little Guy is soo cute and I like the shirts! The other day my DH told me that a guy he worked with was going to Orlando with his wife for some conference or something she had for work.. well yesterday he told me guess where he stayed and where he went? I said disney world?!!! and he said yes, and I said well where did he stay? And DH said "Contemporary I think, is that a cool one?" "WHATTT? NO fair- he's not even a disney fan and he gets to go there and stay at Contemp. for FREE" jerk. hehe

I like your view as well! I like when I'm on high floor levels!
Thanks! He got to stay there for FREE?! LUCKY!! Okay as I typed that, I just was reminded of Napoleon Dynamite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
Great updates ladies!!! Little Guy seems so Happy and excited! I love seeing the first reactions! My DD literally cried when she seen Cinderellas Castle for the first time !! It was priceless! Well I just got caught back up and now I'm only a day away ! One more day of work and then I'm gonna be so behind right in time for the Big Meet oh well i'll have alot of catching up to do in September !
Thanks! Aww..that's so cute!

HAVE FUN!!! Hope you come catch up when you get back!
Old 08-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #158
JenAusty
Mrs. Incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post

Thanks! He got to stay there for FREE?! LUCKY!! Okay as I typed that, I just was reminded of Napoleon Dynamite.
HAHA! That is funny- because when I was reading it and said "lucky" I said it in Napoleon voice and then read how it reminded you of him.. hehe I actually watched that movie on TV the other day and kept thinking how ridiculous it is but how funny it is too!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:43 PM   #159
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Aww Tink what a great update! I loved reading about Little Guy's first reactions and how you were feeling anticipating them! It must have been so amazing to witness his reaction to the castle for the first time
Old 08-20-2010, 07:12 PM   #160
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAusty View Post
HAHA! That is funny- because when I was reading it and said "lucky" I said it in Napoleon voice and then read how it reminded you of him.. hehe I actually watched that movie on TV the other day and kept thinking how ridiculous it is but how funny it is too!
That is funny. I haven't seen that movie in so long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Aww Tink what a great update! I loved reading about Little Guy's first reactions and how you were feeling anticipating them! It must have been so amazing to witness his reaction to the castle for the first time
Thanks! It was great to be able to be there to see his first time for everything.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:00 PM   #161
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

What an amazing update! I can feel the excitement! I loved our first trip with the kids! My DD9 was just turning 4 and DS7 was 2. It was amazing to see their reactions to everything! I love seeing WDW through their eyes!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:44 PM   #162
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Great update!! There is nothing like seeing someone experience WDW for the first time-- it was even amazing showing my DBF, and he was 23!
So glad to hear how well he responded to waiting in line, the overabundance of stimuli. Can't wait to hear more!
Old 08-22-2010, 12:29 AM   #163
*dreamit*doit*
Mouseketeer

Hey Tinkgurl! I am loving your excitement at showing Little Guy everything!!

Awesome upgrade to the tower! I would love to have that view and watch the EWP!

I love the monorail pic, the smiles on your grandparents' faces says it all. The shirts are super cute!

Hi Kristen! Looking forward to hearing about the beginning of your trip!
Old 08-22-2010, 10:44 AM   #164
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! Hope you're all enjoying your weekend. I just wanted to let you all know I'm still here. A few nights ago I had my laptop at the foot of my bed charging. As I was getting up to go put it on my desk, I kicked it off the bed. The tip of the charger cracked and the piece inside the laptop where the charger goes into cracked as well. So I haven't had a computer now for a few days except for when I can get on my dad's desktop, where I am now. I'm dropping my laptop off tomorrow to get fixed and will order a new charger too. Prayyyyy for me that it doesn't cost too much money!! Thanks for sticking around everyone, Tink will be back shortly with another update and hopefully by the time she finishes her day one, I'll have my laptop back!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 08-22-2010, 11:02 AM   #165
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Awww what an adorable update. The Little Guy is such a cutie pie!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: