Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #136
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Ok, I'm glad I am not going crazy thinking you did stay at OKW for part of your trip.

Aww, I love that picture of the little guy on the monorail. He looks so cute in his t-shirt and 1st visit button! I bet that was so much fun seeing everything through his eyes.

I miss the skyway too.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #137
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

OMG. I love the pictures of the little guy on IASW. I love watching little kids take in everything around them on that ride. Their eyes get so big and it's just adorable. I can't wait until I have a little one of my own to take on IASW.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2010, 10:20 PM   #138
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

I totally know how it goes not even paying attention to all the amazing stuff as you watch the wonder in a child's eyes. It's just so amazing. I remember our first night last year as we watched Wishes from California Grill, my mom kept telling me to watch the fireworks and I just couldn't take my eyes off Landon. So cute.

I bet he loved IASW! That really is a great one for little kids. There's so much to look at it and it's all so pretty. I'm so sad I just missed it!! It was closed for our trip, which wasn't even long after yours!!

MMMMM Cosmic Rays!! I love it there. Sonny Eclipse is pretty sweet!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR
I Kept My Eyes Open the Whole Time! - Nov 2014 TR

Old 08-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #139
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

I love that Little Guy had to stand up on the monorail, too! Was he doing it because the other guys were? Because on our first trip, when I was ten and my brother was seven, he always had to stand up, even on the empty buses. I guess it was just the novelty of standing up in something that was moving without getting in trouble for it.

I love the t-shirts, they're so cute! And I love Little Guy taking in all the sights on IASW

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 08-17-2010, 11:27 PM   #140
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

That's awesome to hear that he had such a great first reaction to being at WDW.

Can't wait to hear how the rest of your day went

Old 08-17-2010, 11:43 PM   #141
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael's mom View Post
Wow! Sounds like a great start to your trip. I've welled up with tears a few times remembering DS's reactions on our last trip. You are really allowing us to feel it with you by the way you are writing. Thank you! Little Guy is adorable, the hat is great! Can't wait to read more
I'm so glad you like my writing. I try so hard to get across how I was feeling and everything that was going on.

Isn't that hat adorable?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I'm misting up! Such a touching start to your time in the parks. I love seeing the parks through a childs eye. They see all the wonderment.
It really brought WDW to a whole new view for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Ok, I'm glad I am not going crazy thinking you did stay at OKW for part of your trip.

Aww, I love that picture of the little guy on the monorail. He looks so cute in his t-shirt and 1st visit button! I bet that was so much fun seeing everything through his eyes.

I miss the skyway too.
He loved his button. He had to make sure it wasn't falling off like every 2 minutes. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
OMG. I love the pictures of the little guy on IASW. I love watching little kids take in everything around them on that ride. Their eyes get so big and it's just adorable. I can't wait until I have a little one of my own to take on IASW.
Thanks girl. I love sharing these pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I totally know how it goes not even paying attention to all the amazing stuff as you watch the wonder in a child's eyes. It's just so amazing. I remember our first night last year as we watched Wishes from California Grill, my mom kept telling me to watch the fireworks and I just couldn't take my eyes off Landon. So cute.

I bet he loved IASW! That really is a great one for little kids. There's so much to look at it and it's all so pretty. I'm so sad I just missed it!! It was closed for our trip, which wasn't even long after yours!!

MMMMM Cosmic Rays!! I love it there. Sonny Eclipse is pretty sweet!
It's so true! It's so hard to take your eyes off of them!

He LOVED IASW. Yeah we just missed it, it closed the day after we left! That stinks you didn't get to ride it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
I love that Little Guy had to stand up on the monorail, too! Was he doing it because the other guys were? Because on our first trip, when I was ten and my brother was seven, he always had to stand up, even on the empty buses. I guess it was just the novelty of standing up in something that was moving without getting in trouble for it.

I love the t-shirts, they're so cute! And I love Little Guy taking in all the sights on IASW
Haha, he HAD to stand up because Uncle, Daddy, and Fiance were standing. He has to be "one of the guys". I know...he kept waiting for us to yell at him. We told him he could stand as long as he held on with both hands.

Glad you like the shirts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
That's awesome to hear that he had such a great first reaction to being at WDW.

Can't wait to hear how the rest of your day went
Thanks for reading along!
Old 08-18-2010, 01:48 AM   #142
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Tinkgurlfriend, you are doing such a fabulous job with the Little Guy! I love that you take the time to show him everything and explain everything to him, and that you listen to him. So many people don't do that with their kids and it's so important. You are clearly going to be a wonderful mom one day! Also, how old is he?
Old 08-18-2010, 02:27 AM   #143
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Yay for finally making it to the MK! I love that your little guy's first ride was IASW since that was my little girl's favorite as well on first trip. She now knows the song by heart, she even tries to sing it in the different languages. I can't wait to see all of his reactions!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:00 AM   #144
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post

It was so cute. He already knew the IASW song from the WDW video I showed him, so he just started singing right along once the ride started. Other than that, he was pretty quiet the whole ride. He was just looking all over the place and trying to take it all in. There is a lot to see!
That is such a sweet picture. Look how happy they all are!

I know exactly what you mean about Small World. Little heads just bob back and forth trying to take it all in.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #145
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I am all caught up on your report. It is so exciting to hear about your little guy's first trip. I can't wait to hear about the big meeting between the two of you.

Me DH DD DS
Old 08-18-2010, 09:49 AM   #146
Believeinfairytales
DIS Veteran

I just loved the last update! I love seeing Disney through a child's eyes, too. It just makes it all the more magical!

Love Little Guy's excited face on IASW. So sweet!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #147
michael's mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I'm so glad you like my writing. I try so hard to get across how I was feeling and everything that was going on.

Isn't that hat adorable?!
Oh, you are definitely getting things across. I missed more of Disney last year because I was watching DS to see how he was enjoying it! Disney is so amazing through the eyes of a little one. How old is he? He looks about my son's age.

DH Me DS DD Chloe Louie
1980-1989 many times at Polynesian;1990, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002 CBR;2004 CBR Honeymoon;2007 CBR Baby's 1st trip; 2009 Grand Gathering at POR;
2011 Wedding and Grand Gathering at our home...CBR Pirate style; 2013 CBR Baby's 1st trip
Old 08-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #148
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Tinkgurlfriend, you are doing such a fabulous job with the Little Guy! I love that you take the time to show him everything and explain everything to him, and that you listen to him. So many people don't do that with their kids and it's so important. You are clearly going to be a wonderful mom one day! Also, how old is he?
Thanks disneygirlfriend. I really try to be a good example for him. Me, Grandma, Mom, and Sis all do since he doesn't have a mom anymore. He's 3 1/2...almost 4! I can't believe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Yay for finally making it to the MK! I love that your little guy's first ride was IASW since that was my little girl's favorite as well on first trip. She now knows the song by heart, she even tries to sing it in the different languages. I can't wait to see all of his reactions!
Oh my gosh, thank you for reminding me! He also tried to sing in the different languages one of the other times we rode it. It was hilarious. I think your DD and my Little Guy would get along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
That is such a sweet picture. Look how happy they all are!

I know exactly what you mean about Small World. Little heads just bob back and forth trying to take it all in.
Thanks MeMom, I really like that pic too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I am all caught up on your report. It is so exciting to hear about your little guy's first trip. I can't wait to hear about the big meeting between the two of you.
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believeinfairytales View Post
I just loved the last update! I love seeing Disney through a child's eyes, too. It just makes it all the more magical!

Love Little Guy's excited face on IASW. So sweet!
Thanks!

Oh just wait...there's a lot more "faces" coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael's mom View Post
Oh, you are definitely getting things across. I missed more of Disney last year because I was watching DS to see how he was enjoying it! Disney is so amazing through the eyes of a little one. How old is he? He looks about my son's age.
He is 3 1/2...almost 4! He is seriously growing up so fast. It feels like yesterday he was born!
Old 08-18-2010, 02:36 PM   #149
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Love the matching t-shirts! They are so cute. I would have been doing the same thing that you were doing....pointing out each and every little thing that we were seeing! I never want anyone to miss anything...especially on their first trip.

Isn't it amazing watching someone (especially a little guy) see the Castle for the first time. It's so awesome. His hat is so cute.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 08-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #150
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Great update. Loved hearing about Little Guy seeing the Magic Kingdom for the first time. There is something so magical about that. Always brings a lump to my throat when I see my two girls in awe like that. Very very special.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: