Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

You've Got a Friend in Me:TINKGURL & XOKTENOX's Adventures in WDW~UPDATE: 6/9 p.74

Hey everyone! Welcome to tinkgurl and xoktenoxís very first joint trip report! For those of you who donít know, we are two 20-somethings who met right here, on the Disboards! We live 1000 miles away from each other (unfortunately!!!!) and met in person for the first time last month while in WDW which just happens to be both of our favorite place in the world.

~It was exciting for Tink because she was in WDW with not only her usual group (Mom, Dad, Sis, her Fiance and her) but this time her Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle and his 2 boys, Cuz and the Little Guy went. It was the Little Guyís first trip so the whole family was super excited to watch him experience everything the World had to offer! They were all there from July 19-July 24 and stayed at the Contemporary Resort. On the 24th, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle, Little Guy and Cuz left and Tink and the rest of the family moved to Old Key West until the 31st. Theyíre DVC members and have fallen in love with OKW.

tinkgurl, Fiance, Little Guy on his shoulders, Sis, & Cuz:

Dad, Mom, & Uncle:

Grandma & Grandpa:

~xoktenox's group is small, just her (Kristen) and her boyfriend, Chris. Theyíve been together for over three years now and have experienced WDW together three times, although Kristen had gone several times as a kid. This trip was a birthday celebration for Kristen since her birthday is August 4th. She wore her birthday button most of the week! As part of her birthday present, Chris paid for them to stay an extra night in WDW. Their trip was from July 20-28 when it was supposed to only be until the 27th. Adding the extra day didnít just mean paying for an extra night at Pop but also an extra day of the dining plan for both of them and an extra day of tickets to the parks. It wasnít cheap so Kristen was surprised to find out that with the help of Dawn (punkin413), Chris had planned two birthday surprises for her. If you didnít see her updates on Facebook, you will have to wait to see what they turned out to be!

Chris

Kristen

*Continued in next post: Day 1

Last edited by tinkgurl; 06-09-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

~Tink's Day 1- July 17th:

We woke up around 4:15 am. YES, 4:15 am!! We got all packed up at my house and headed over to Uncle's to meet up with the rest of the group. Little Guy was just waking up when we got there, so I was able to help get him ready. We left Uncle's around 6:15..before we left, I started 'Bolt' on Little Guy's DVD player for him.

We drove for about an hour, then stoped at Bob Evans for breakfast. They were SO slow with our food, so our waitress brought us biscuits and Little Guy a balloon to hold us over while we waited. FINALLY, we ate and were back on the road. Little Guy wanted to ride in our car (which became a theme for the rest of the drive to WDW, haha!), so we ended up watching Monsters, Inc., Nemo, Pocohantas, and Aladdin the whole way there. Somewhere along the way, we stopped for gas and grabbed some lunch at a McDonald's. We made it into our hotel in Nashville around 4:45 p.m. My group was in room 306 and the rest of the family was in room 206- which happened to be the room that we had both on the way down and the way home last year!!

We tried to get the Little Guy to take a nap, but he was so excited to go swimming. He was all decked out...the Nemo swimming trunks, goggles, and a floatie thing he stepped into.

He was having a blast jumping into the pool to either Uncle (his daddy) or Fiance. We eventually had to pry him away from the pool so we could go eat!

We headed to a Ruby Tuesday's that was nearby. Kristen had sent me some gift cards for there so we were able to use those! Thanks girl! After we were done and full, we were really ready for bed. We headed back to the hotel and we went our seperate ways.

~Kristen's Day 1- July 17th:

So since Tink and her family left on July 17th for their drive down to WDW, Iíll start there too. My cousin is getting married on September 5th and Iím in her bridal party along with 3 of my other cousins, two of her cousins from the other side of the family and one of her friends. Anyway, the 17th was the day of her bridal shower. We had it at a local steakhouse which had a room we were able to rent out for a really great price. Iíll just post some pictures I took that day.

Gorgeous cake one of my dadís co-workers made

Ceiling decoration

Table setup

My wonderful Grammy

My wonderful Grandma

Wishing well made of a hamper, broom, mop, cookie sheets and other household things

Two of my cousinsí kids, Juliana and Mikey

My cousinís daughter, Angelique

My mom, caught off guard

Balloon

Dog all the guests signed

My cousin Trisha who is Shannonís sister and the Maid of Honor

The bridal party, minus one who thought being late was a good idea

Thatís all the pictures I have from my camera because me, being so intelligent, didnít charge my cameraís batteries all the way and my camera died. Despite that, everything went super well and we were all really happy. Shannon loved it and got tons of great gifts from all the guests. After the shower I went home and then headed to Chrisís that night to help him get started packing. We hit the hay pretty early since we were both really tired and Chris had to work the next day.[/FONT]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I'm here. I'm going back to read now!

Great start. Love all the pictures of everyone in the World. Everyone looks so happy.

Kristeen the shower pictures are great. I've never seen the wishing well. What a great idea.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Last edited by vamassey1; 08-04-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

YAY!! I can't wait to hear about everything girlies!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #5
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I'm here girls!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-04-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Yay! I am in and can't wait to read all about it!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 08-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

YAY you girs started!!! Tink, the little guy is so cute!!!

Looking forward to reading more : )
Old 08-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #8
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?

I'm joining in! I caught the very end of your PTR and can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #9
Enchanted
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Hey, Tink! Don't know if you remember me, but I've read all of your past TRs. CONGRATS on your engagement, BTW!!! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to hear about this trip! I'm sure it was ultra-special for you since the Little Guy, your grandparents, and Kristen and Chris got to come along this time. I can't wait for more! (P.S. The Little Guy in his swimsuit by the pool is SO. ADORABLE.)

And hey, Kristen! I've seen you around the boards, but I don't know if we've ever "met" so to speak. I can't wait to hear about your side of things too. You and Chris look really cute together. Love the pics of the bridal shower. That "wishing well" was sooooooooo cute!

Can't wait for more, girls!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #10
michael's mom
DIS Veteran

I'm here and can't wait to read all about it!

DH Me DS DD Chloe Louie
1980-1989 many times at Polynesian;1990, 1993, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2002 CBR;2004 CBR Honeymoon;2007 CBR Baby's 1st trip; 2009 Grand Gathering at POR;
2011 Wedding and Grand Gathering at our home...CBR Pirate style; 2013 CBR Baby's 1st trip
Old 08-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #11
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Definitely in on this one!

Little Guy is too cute all decked out in his swimming gear! He reminds me of Jake with the goggles... he never wants to take them off!

Kristen, the bridal shower looks like it turned out really nice!

Old 08-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #12
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Yah you guys started!

The little guy is too cute in his swimgear and I can't wait to hear his reaction to everything.

Looking forward to more

Old 08-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #13
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Hi there! I am joining! I have read Tinks last 2 trip reports, and I am looking forward to reading this one. Hope you don't mind!
Old 08-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #14
Goofy442
DIS Veteran

Joining in!

Old 08-04-2010, 01:57 PM   #15
accountingbabe08
DIS Veteran

I'm here. Hope you both had a magical vacation!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: