Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #16
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Teena, the Beach Club greeter

Iím a big believer in reading as much as humanly possible as I plan for a trip, so I spent a lot of time lurking on the Beach Club resort thread. The more I heard about the Beach Club, the more excited I became about our stay. As anyone who goes to this thread knows, Teena, one of the greeters at the Beach Club, posts frequently and answers detailed questions about types of rooms, views available and the resort itself. She is a sweet, sweet woman and it is so helpful to have a CM willing to answer all of the questions guests may have.

As my trip approached, I had a brainstorm! To thank Teena for all of her helpful information, I decided I would put together a surprise photo album of guests she had met and helped. I contacted a few of the frequent BC posters by PM and asked them to e-mail photos to me if they wanted to be included in the album. About 6-7 families responded and sent photos, so I printed them, made copies of their screen names and avatars along with any information they gave me about trip dates or hometowns.

We were greeted by name at the Beach Club as we exited the Magical Express bus. Teena was in the lobby to meet us and I presented the photo album to her. She told me she loves having a keepsake of guests she has met or helped. She meets SO many people every day she works and she told me it was nice to be able to match familiesí faces to their screen names.

I mention this here because I promised Teena I would continue to keep the album up to date with new guests she meets. Every so often I will PM frequent BC posters to see if they want to add photos to the book. I have been able to send a few batches of photos to Teena over the past year, and I would love to add more, so if you are interested in including photos of your family in the book, please PM me! I will give you more info and the e-mail address to send photos.

I enjoyed visiting with Teena a few times during our vacation. I knew that a shuttle launch was scheduled on our first night of the trip, but Teena informed us that it had been rescheduled for later in the week due to inclement weather and she got a map to show us where we should look to see it. We were able to view the launch, looking towards the Mexican pavilion, right before our Le Cellier reservation. Sorry, it happened so quickly that I donít have a photo!

Teena has become a good friend since our visit and in fact, we informed our boys that we booked our 2010 trip by having them read the PM I sent to Teena saying we would be coming in July. Unfortunately, Teena was away during our visit, so we didnít get a chance to see her on our latest trip.

Next up will be some highlights and photos from our July 2009 trip.

Last edited by natebenma; 08-11-2010 at 04:48 AM. Reason: font
Old 08-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #17
Docarino
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I love to take photos and I was testing out a new camera during our recent trip- a Canon D-10 point and shoot (submersible to 33 feet). More about the camera later. I noticed when we returned from our trip that a lot of my photos are slanted to one side or the other, so I need to get used to the camera a little more. I loved the beautiful photos in your trip report. I am more of a quantity over quality kind of gal.
I'm excited to see more of your pictures! I'm a quantity girl myself- I took 6000 pictures during my last trip! But I sorted through them and ended up with about 600 good ones. I guess I shot for quantity and then sort for quality
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #18
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

That was extremely sweet of you to compile a photo album for Teena! I missed seeing Art the Greeter when we visited WDW in 2008. We had breakfast at Cape May and I hoped to be able to see him. I will have to watch out now for Teena - what a sweet gal!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 08-06-2010, 05:23 AM   #19
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
That was extremely sweet of you to compile a photo album for Teena! I missed seeing Art the Greeter when we visited WDW in 2008. We had breakfast at Cape May and I hoped to be able to see him. I will have to watch out now for Teena - what a sweet gal!
I knew who Art was, but I never had the chance to meet him before he retired. Teena is definitely a gem! So friendly and helpful! Definitely say hello if you see her at the Beach Club.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:37 AM   #20
kldmom2000
DIS Veteran

SUBSCRIBING!!! I'm absolutely loving the detailed background about your family! I think it's so funny that we were both there for Faye and then almost crossed paths on this last trip!

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my Shutterfly album from this trip.... I find that I can do those MUCH quicker than if I scrapbook them myself and I love instant gratification when it comes to looking at our trip pictures!

I'll be tuning in to see the rest of your report!
Old 08-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #21
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I was behind a couple of updates. What can I say? Life gets in the way of Dising sometimes!

I didn't know about the Disboards back when I planned our first onsite stay either. Now, I can't live without the Dis.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-07-2010, 05:44 AM   #22
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kldmom2000 View Post
SUBSCRIBING!!! I'm absolutely loving the detailed background about your family! I think it's so funny that we were both there for Faye and then almost crossed paths on this last trip!

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my Shutterfly album from this trip.... I find that I can do those MUCH quicker than if I scrapbook them myself and I love instant gratification when it comes to looking at our trip pictures!

I'll be tuning in to see the rest of your report!
Welcome kldmom2000! So glad to see you here!
Old 08-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #23
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Room 5631, July 2009

When I left off, we had just met Teena. We arrived at the Beach Club around 11 am, and our room was ready!!! We went upstairs, checked in and were shown to our room.

Room 5631 was incredible!!! It was 4-5 doors away from the Concierge Lounge, and therefore also near the elevator (but not too close). My only request was for a full balcony. About half of the rooms at BC have full balconies or patios. The rest are standing or Juliet balconies, not really enough for even a chair. Since I usually wake up between 4:30 and 5 everyday, I love to have a place to go with a cup of coffee, a book and my camera while I wait for everyone else to get up.

We did indeed get a full balcony and the views were amazing!!! To the left, we had a glimpse of the lake/Boardwalk/Swan and Dolphin Hotels. Looking forward, we could see part of the pool complex. Looking down we could watch the comings and goings to the back entrance of the BC and the beautifully landscaped courtyard.

I spent the next 24 hours alternating between two songs...

"I think I'm gonna like it here" from Annie and ďMovin' on upĒ from the Jeffersons (this was quite a change from last year's room)

We spend most of our days at the parks, so we mostly enjoyed the balcony in the morning or in the evening, people-watching with a glass of Amaretto. One night, after we had retired to our room after dinner at Le Cellier, there was a wicked thunderstorm with lots of rain and lightning. We were able to watch Natureís fireworks from our balcony.

Next up- a few photos from Stormalong Bay

Last edited by natebenma; 02-01-2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: font
Old 08-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #24
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

What a great view! I love full balconies - it always makes the day start out calm sitting out and enjoying coffee and just watching the sun rise!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 08-08-2010, 06:13 AM   #25
jmskinner
DIS Veteran

That scrapbook was a wonderful gift. And your view was amazing. My BFF stayed one night at BC and had the full balcony, after seeing it she wished had more than one night there.

Great pics!
POR July 2006;POR June 13-21 2008;ASM Sept 26-28 2008;RPR July 14-16, 2009;POR July 16-21 2009;CBR Sept 4-7, 2009, POFQ Thanksgiving 2009, AKKV June 5-6, 2010, POFQ July 2010, AS Sports Sept 2010, POFQ Jan 2011, BLT Feb 2011, POP Apr 2011, SoG May 2011, POR July 2011, POR and POP Aug 2012, CSR Oct 2012, POR Sept 2013, GF Sept 2014

My DH wants another trip to WDW?!?! MNSSHP, F&W, and Diagon Alley A PTR for Sept 2014

Minions take over the MK and cause havoc at Gringott's
Old 08-08-2010, 06:16 AM   #26
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Joining in. This looks like fun.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 08-08-2010, 06:24 AM   #27
15isto2
DIS Veteran

Signing up, love what I have seen so far

Old 08-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #28
momof3cuteboys
Mouseketeer

Really enjoying this trip report. I will be headed to the BC in 48 days.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #29
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
What a great view! I love full balconies - it always makes the day start out calm sitting out and enjoying coffee and just watching the sun rise!
This was such a great view! Never boring. In the early morning hours, landscapers were out beautifying the courtyard. During the evenings we were around, we would watch families come and go and I loved seeing the view of the lake and pool at night, all light up (no great photos, though)

We got an interesting view from our balcony this year too, but that info will have to wait!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #30
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmskinner View Post
That scrapbook was a wonderful gift. And your view was amazing. My BFF stayed one night at BC and had the full balcony, after seeing it she wished had more than one night there.

Great pics!
I was so happy when I thought of making the photo album. Teena is an absolute gem. I have contacted a lot of people over the past year to let them know about the album, and I have heard from a small proportion- maybe about 20 or 25 families- but I definitely don't blame people for being hesitant to provide photos and/or information to a stranger.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: