Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #1441
Tiger926
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 8,212

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetRick View Post
Obviously, none of us can say why but I would be SHOCKED if any part of the reason was because they want to offer, "healthier," foods in the parks. The only reason ANYONE is offering healthy foods is the trend right now is for healthy food options. However, take a walk around and see what people are actually eating. I'm not seeing a ton of healthy food being eaten without the other stuff. That's just marketing talk.

At the end of the day--like everything else--it's about money. The deal to extend couldn't get done because the money couldn't be worked out. I do not, however, look down on them for this for the McDonalds situation.
That was Iger's response, about healthy foods, not mine. It makes me sick what I see some people consume at WDW on a daily basis.

I don't look down on them either - an 11 year partnership in the corporate world, is pretty good, I would think.

Tiger
Tiger926 is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #1442
GadgetRick
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 654

btw, as an fyi, I had sent a copy of my other post detailing the complaints I had about my stay a few weeks ago to Disney via this link. About a weekish later, I received a call from someone at Disney to discuss everything.

They were very understanding (obviously) and said they'd pass my concerns along. I felt like they were waiting for me to ask for something in return, however, I'm not looking for anything, just want them to listen.

What I found most interesting is she said they've heard MANY complaints about not only the quality of food but also the dining plan and the trouble it's caused. So it's obvious those of us complaining about the quality of the food and about the ddp are not imagining this. Enough people have contacted them to complain about it where they're used to hearing it. That tells me there are a LOT more people who AREN'T complaining. Maybe they'll make some changes...

Anyway, I'd say it's certainly worth making a complaint or giving them a compliment.
__________________
The Rickster
GadgetRick is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #1443
luckyprincess
Dis Lord
 
luckyprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
Yeah I do. I thought so earlier in the thread when it was slung at us disagreers. <--- and yeah ~ I know that isn't a word.

I have been criticized and mocked because I said I didn't see something or didn't know about it because it was something we don't eat/do so it didn't affect us. Hence the make sure you take pictures to PROVE it happens. Which makes me because I never said it didn't happen ~ I personally haven't seen it. I've also never seen a turtle lay and egg... it doesn't mean I don't believe it happens.

.
Such a victim I said I was tired of those drinking the kool aid as it related to other threads as well. It was said in reference to those that say 'yeah, cutting in line is terrible but it happens and WDW doesn't stop it so that means we should shut up and put up with it'. Or, 'yes, the price is higher and you get less but that's what WDW does so we should shut up and put up with it' and so on. It wasn't 'slung at' anyone - dramatic, much?

Plus, I believe you called me snarky for joking with someone else (lots of people got the joke btw ) but I think your posts are full of hand wringing 'why me' drama but that doesn't mean I immediatley called you a drama queen or something. I think you need to count to ten before you post and then rethink it again. Just trying to be helpful.
__________________

luckyprincess is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 05:07 PM   #1444
Suellen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Celebration, Florida
Posts: 5,232

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyprincess View Post
Such a victim I said I was tired of those drinking the kool aid as it related to other threads as well. It was said in reference to those that say 'yeah, cutting in line is terrible but it happens and WDW doesn't stop it so that means we should shut up and put up with it'. Or, 'yes, the price is higher and you get less but that's what WDW does so we should shut up and put up with it' and so on. It wasn't 'slung at' anyone - dramatic, much?

Plus, I believe you called me snarky for joking with someone else (lots of people got the joke btw ) but I think your posts are full of hand wringing 'why me' drama but that doesn't mean I immediatley called you a drama queen or something. I think you need to count to ten before you post and then rethink it again. Just trying to be helpful.
Yeah... I'm the drama queen. How many pages back did you dredge that up from.

Ah yes.... 25 pages back. You should probably read the rest of the post in between before you start replying.
__________________

Last edited by Suellen; 09-03-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Suellen is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #1445
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran
 
honeydiane1953's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: central ga
Posts: 2,906

Stop the madness. Yes I believe it has gone downhill for many reasons. Mainly stay home so WE the priviledged few can go.
honeydiane1953 is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #1446
luckyprincess
Dis Lord
 
luckyprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
Yeah... I'm the drama queen. How many pages back did you dredge that up from.

Ah yes.... 25 pages back. You should probably read the rest of the post in between before you start replying.
I've read all of it by now. Opinion still stands. I have other things to do than be on here all day - like go to WDW . So I'm catching up and checking out who's been up to what since I left. Looks like not much is new.....

I will say I didn't mind the construction and stuff in MK but the park is soooooo much smaller than we remembered! It took us a few hours to really do everything we wanted to and I remembered it being so big! Strange. Everything was pretty clean - had a dirty bathroom (dirty meaning that garbage was flowing in the stalls and near the sinks) in Epcot and yes - I took a pic of some of the overflow, lol - but mainly everything seemed clean. A couple of employees were over the top great but most were just normal or friendly - I don't expect them to be magical creatures, of course - a lot of the jobs are for low pay in high heat so as long as they do their job that's all we care about. Some bag checkers were rude and the valet girl at the desk at AKL was just awful. But besides that it was a great trip!
__________________

luckyprincess is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #1447
brunette8706
DIS Veteran
 
brunette8706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
i think i have a couple pictures of the room from july.



this one is kind of dark... flash must have been messed up from the sun through the window ~ you can also see DD5 standing on the table.... great. that was a battle we fought all week.



vanity:


View:



You can see the rest here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/suellenh/July2010#

(they are still uploading though... so it may be a few minutes) we didn't take a WHOLE lot of pictures. i don't know why.
*

Great pictures. Where is the kitchenette? Don't you get a kitchenette with the DVC? Aren't you a DVC owner? LOL! Geez, I can't keep up with these posts. Sorry for MY confusion.

Now is that VERO beach Disney? Your kids are adorable! Who is the lady with your daughters! They all look like they are having a great time! Very nice.

Brunette
__________________
brunette8706 is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 07:28 PM   #1448
brunette8706
DIS Veteran
 
brunette8706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyprincess View Post
I've read all of it by now. Opinion still stands. I have other things to do than be on here all day - like go to WDW . So I'm catching up and checking out who's been up to what since I left. Looks like not much is new.....

I will say I didn't mind the construction and stuff in MK but the park is soooooo much smaller than we remembered! It took us a few hours to really do everything we wanted to and I remembered it being so big! Strange. Everything was pretty clean - had a dirty bathroom (dirty meaning that garbage was flowing in the stalls and near the sinks) in Epcot and yes - I took a pic of some of the overflow, lol - but mainly everything seemed clean. A couple of employees were over the top great but most were just normal or friendly - I don't expect them to be magical creatures, of course - a lot of the jobs are for low pay in high heat so as long as they do their job that's all we care about. Some bag checkers were rude and the valet girl at the desk at AKL was just awful. But besides that it was a great trip!
Welcome back! Glad you had a fab time! Where did you stay? Weren't the parks "slow" with low crowds? The MK park probably seemed smaller because of maybe the construction?? Post those pictures! LOL!

Brunette
__________________
brunette8706 is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #1449
Suellen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Celebration, Florida
Posts: 5,232

LOL! No those are back here in Maine. My DD's birthday party in July ~ Christmas! And the lady is my mom. The girls very best friends.

there is a small kitchenette I didn't get a picture of. It is a sink, fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. Nothing fancy really. In a 1 bedroom you get a full kitchen.

I'll get more pictures when we are there in a couple weeks.
__________________
Suellen is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #1450
brunette8706
DIS Veteran
 
brunette8706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
LOL! No those are back here in Maine. My DD's birthday party in July ~ Christmas! And the lady is my mom. The girls very best friends.

there is a small kitchenette I didn't get a picture of. It is a sink, fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker. Nothing fancy really. In a 1 bedroom you get a full kitchen.

I'll get more pictures when we are there in a couple weeks.
*

The girls grandma!!! Okay, I thought so, I just wanted to ask first! Looks like they her to death! How fun! That beach is in Maine!!! LOL! Boy, that's a huge distance from Vero Beach! LOL! Glad to see pictures! I love pictures!
__________________
brunette8706 is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #1451
nan1217
Mouseketeer
 
nan1217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 474

The last 5 threads I've opened have all sprialed into people fussing at each other. Are we all obsessed with WDW to offset the grumpiness we have all of the rest of the year?

Happy thoughts, baby kittens and double rainbows for us all!
__________________
Shannon
nan1217 is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #1452
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!
 
d1gitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lexington, MA
Posts: 4,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan1217 View Post
...Happy thoughts, baby kittens and double rainbows for us all!
I'm allergic to kittens and am depressed that i have never seen a double rainbow
d1gitman is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #1453
nan1217
Mouseketeer
 
nan1217's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 474

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1gitman View Post
I'm allergic to kittens and am depressed that i have never seen a double rainbow
That's not true.
__________________
Shannon
nan1217 is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #1454
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!
 
d1gitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lexington, MA
Posts: 4,412

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan1217 View Post
That's not true.
really? and you would know because....?


psss...this is how threads spiral
d1gitman is offline  
Old 09-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #1455
Suellen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Celebration, Florida
Posts: 5,232

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1gitman View Post
really? and you would know because....?


psss...this is how threads spiral
she probably knows because there was that picture of you floating around the internet cuddling a kitten while looking at a double rainbow out the window of your house!

__________________
Suellen is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: