Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #1381
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
Quick service dining. Two quick service meals, two snacks and a refillable mug. 31.99 for adults and 9.99 for kids.

Very affordable and we loved many of our meals! Forgot to mention Wolfgang Puck too! YUMMY!
Glad you like it - you know it`s going up next year, right? We hardly think it's worth 31.99, and I think it's going up to 35.99. Yikes! That was the price of the regular DP when it started.

In your post you said how you brought so many snacks home, and that's the thing - you basically just paid for your snacks to bring home. I think people can eat cheaper OOP than with this plan. It sounds like it worked for you though, for the most part.

Glad you had some good eats! Tiger
Old 09-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #1382
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Yes the express at marketplace and west side.

We had two good meals at the marketplace one.

i think that one meal was about 75$ if paid oop.

we liked it too because we didn't have to tip everywhere. Our May trip we had DDxp and we paid about 950$ in tips alone. Not the first time we did deluxe dining ~ so i don't know why it was so shocking how much it was this time. I guess i just never thought about how much tips add up.
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #1383
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes the express at marketplace and west side.

We had two good meals at the marketplace one.

i think that one meal was about 75$ if paid oop.

we liked it too because we didn't have to tip everywhere. Our May trip we had DDxp and we paid about 950$ in tips alone. Not the first time we did deluxe dining ~ so i don't know why it was so shocking how much it was this time. I guess i just never thought about how much tips add up.
WOW! You really put that in perspective. Sounds like you got a great deal at WGP.

Another thing you really put the tip ordeal in a reality check. That's really good to know. I personally never thought of that! It's amazing what you can spend in just tips alone. Thanks! Brunette
Old 09-02-2010, 10:27 PM   #1384
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post
Glad you like it - you know it`s going up next year, right? We hardly think it's worth 31.99, and I think it's going up to 35.99. Yikes! That was the price of the regular DP when it started.

In your post you said how you brought so many snacks home, and that's the thing - you basically just paid for your snacks to bring home. I think people can eat cheaper OOP than with this plan. It sounds like it worked for you though, for the most part.

Glad you had some good eats! Tiger
You definitely could eat cheaper.

I hadn't priced it for 2011 yet. I think it works for us because our two girls are only 9.99 a day. Like I said we would usually only use 3 meals instead of 4 so stretched it even further.

Well we had 56 snacks for the four of us for 7 days. We used them as we wanted and then i spent the rest to bring stuff home for family that i would bring anyway. My extended family expects it now we have done it for so long. I also typically bring home the giant lollipops (yes they can be gotten as a snack even though CM always says no. politely ask them to try and it does work) I use them for easter baskets, halloween candy, christmas stockings. I do not consider them a waste at all.

We could easily eat in our room every day for breakfast and lunch and save a ton of money. Especially when we get a 1 bedroom.

Of course what works for us won't work for everyone.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #1385
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
WOW! You really put that in perspective. Sounds like you got a great deal at WGP.

Another thing you really put the tip ordeal in a reality check. That's really good to know. I personally never thought of that! It's amazing what you can spend in just tips alone. Thanks! Brunette
Remember though, tips are so high for DxDP because it's 3 credits per day, and when people go to a lot of Signatures, tips are even higher, as the food is higher in cost, plus, the service really is very good at most places, so we always tipped higher than 18%.

DxDP is huge for tipping, just like Suellen said, Tiger
Old 09-02-2010, 10:30 PM   #1386
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You definitely could eat cheaper.

I hadn't priced it for 2011 yet. I think it works for us because our two girls are only 9.99 a day. Like I said we would usually only use 3 meals instead of 4 so stretched it even further.

Well we had 56 snacks for the four of us for 7 days. We used them as we wanted and then i spent the rest to bring stuff home for family that i would bring anyway. My extended family expects it now we have done it for so long. I also typically bring home the giant lollipops (yes they can be gotten as a snack even though CM always says no. politely ask them to try and it does work) I use them for easter baskets, halloween candy, christmas stockings. I do not consider them a waste at all.

We could easily eat in our room every day for breakfast and lunch and save a ton of money. Especially when we get a 1 bedroom.

Of course what works for us won't work for everyone.
That's cool you brought home gifts. You got the mug too, so that's also another bonus too.

Tiger
Old 09-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #1387
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hey all!
Brunette here. Okay, i'm a disney freak, nut, etc. I'm obsessed with walt disney world. I love it there, so much that we go about 6 - 8 times a year. We are annual pass holders. But i'm getting alot of bad vibes as to what is really going on in the world and it's really starting to get me to wonder. Is disney turning into a money machine, that is only interested in making a buck and forgetting about all it's fine customers/guests? Here is my reasoning, if you will:

disney dining - they have increased all buffets services and lowered the quality of food, i.e. Took off prime rib at boma and a few other restaurants.

disney cl service - i've been reading that the food isn't what it used to be. Yet people pay a large premium for this. Food runs out and is not replenished etc.

christmas attractions - took away the lights at epcot. It was just beautiful. It totally ruined the whole effect last christmas season.

nickel and diming the guest - holiday surcharges for buffets. Okay, i can understand thanksgiving and christmas. But memorial day through 4th of july too! It's just plain wrong.

doubling the price of a stroller- double stroller 1 1/2 years ago was $18.00 now it is over $30.00. If you multiply that by 7 days it's the price of a rent a car!

ticket increases - every august there is a ticket increase!

brazilian groups- extremely disruptive, rude, crass, and down right hazardous (blocking pathways), making loud noises outside of value hotel rooms in the early morning hours. There are 2-3 threads about this outrageous behavior, with hundreds of complaints from our dis friends. Yet, disney refuses to do anything about this.

With the economy in the tank, people out of jobs, it would seem that disney shouldn't be this greedy, for a lack of a better word. I'm just starting to notice some of these ill effects taking place. This is just my observation.

Any thoughts?

Thanks all!
Brunette
yes
Old 09-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #1388
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Remember though, tips are so high for DxDP because it's 3 credits per day, and when people go to a lot of Signatures, tips are even higher, as the food is higher in cost, plus, the service really is very good at most places, so we always tipped higher than 18%.

Hi Tiger!

Yes, you're right. I just never thought it would be that much. I really never gave it much thought, but she did put it in perspective for me! WOW! The thing with the dining though, is I don't want to be tied down and forced to eat 2 meals a day! But that's just me! It works for alot of people though.

thanks!
brunette
Old 09-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #1389
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We only did one signature meal this time and it was just me and DH. He did have a glass of wine (atypical for us as we don't drink). Hubby does tend to tip high.

We did have some expensive meals though

tutto italia and teppan edo

they are however two on my favorites!

We also had an extra adult with us so ~ 3 adults and two kids.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #1390
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydiane1953 View Post
yes
HI honeydiane1953!

Do you have any comments, about the initial launch post? If not that's okay. Thanks for posting.

Brunette
Old 09-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #1391
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HI honeydiane1953!

Do you have any comments, about the initial launch post? If not that's okay. Thanks for posting.

Brunette
we've gotten quite off topic haven't we?

here is what i grabbed from my trip report of what we had one day at WP on QS.

Quote:
Me: spaghetti and meatballs 16
Dan: penne bolognais 15
Zoe: chicken tenders 7
mimi: spaghetti 7

2 frozen yogurts 8
creme brle 5
brle cheesecake 4
2 fountain drinks 5.30

total with tax 71.67

dining plan was 84/day

left to spend today to break even: 12.33
Old 09-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #1392
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Just thought I'd post the 2011 Dining Plans, as they have gone up...again. This is a major area of concern for so many of us, so I thought it would be helpful to have the prices, in case anyone needs to refer to them:

2011 Disney Quick Service Dining Plan ** Increase of $3.00/adult and $2.00/child **
* Adults (Ages 10+) : $34.99 per day
* Children: (Ages 3-9): $ 11.99 per day

2011 Disney Dining Plan ** Increase of $4.00/adult and $2.00/adult peak and $1.00/child peak **
* Adults (Ages 10+) : $45.99 per day (regular season) / $47.99 per day (peak season)
* Children: (Ages 3-9): $11.99 per day (regular season) / $12.99 per day (peak season)

2011 Disney Deluxe Dining Plan ** Increase of $7.00/adult and $1.00/child **
* Adults (Ages 10+) : $78.99 per day
* Children: (Ages 3-9): $21.99 per day

Tiger

Last edited by Tiger926; 09-02-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #1393
Suellen
DIS Veteran

this trip coming up will probably be our last trip with dining. We are booked at blt for May but most likely will be canceling and booking in Hawaii or Vero beach since we will be living 5 miles from WDW.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #1394
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we've gotten quite off topic haven't we?

here is what i grabbed from my trip report of what we had one day at WP on QS.

No worries. I enjoy talking with you!

BTW, we have a second home near Disney. We're 8 miles from WDW. We're in Davenport.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #1395
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just thought I'd post the 2011 Dining Plans, as they have gone up...again. This is a major area of concern for so many of us, so I thought it would be helpful to have the prices, in case anyone needs to refer to them:

2011 Disney Quick Service Dining Plan ** Increase of $3.00/adult and $2.00/child **
* Adults (Ages 10+) : $34.99 per day
* Children: (Ages 3-9): $ 11.99 per day

2011 Disney Dining Plan ** Increase of $4.00/adult and $2.00/adult peak and $1.00/child peak **
* Adults (Ages 10+) : $45.99 per day (regular season) / $47.99 per day (peak season)
* Children: (Ages 3-9): $11.99 per day (regular season) / $12.99 per day (peak season)

2011 Disney Deluxe Dining Plan ** Increase of $7.00/adult and $1.00/child **
* Adults (Ages 10+) : $78.99 per day
* Children: (Ages 3-9): $21.99 per day

Tiger

(**

Thanks for posting Tiger!

The prices are RIDICULOUS! But people will pay them I'm sure!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: