Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #841
judi978
Earning My Ears

Cool too bad

My husband loves to travel around the "world" and try different foods. We're heading down in Nov. One of my fav. things to do is try the different restaurants.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #842
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
That's ridiculous! Someone stated on another thread they are doing gourmet hotdogs for $8.00!!! The thing is the so called gourmet hotdog looked gross! I just went to COSTCO and got a great Nathan's hotdog and a large diet coke for ...............

$1.50!!
$8 for a hotdog, even if it is now called "Gourmet hotdog" !!!

Something tells me I should better stay at some Motel6 to afford eating at Disney. Wait for my report!!!

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #843
brerdawg
Disney Commando

I posted about this before basically stating that I did not notice anything that would make me believe that WDW has gone downhill. But I would like to say that I think its important that we talk about the things that we didn't like just as we discuss the things that we do. hopefully, disney will strive to correct their flaws and continue as Walt would say to "keep moving forward". Now a few things came to mind that occurred during our trip this past May/june:

Splash Mountain: The ride repeatedly stalled almost every time we rode it.
Dinosaur: Stalled for 30 minutes while we were on the ride.
Indy Stunt Show: Boulder malfunctioned.
Fantasmic: Water shield malfunctioned 10 minutes into show, delayed for 15 minutes then started from the beginning.
Imagination Pavillion: Basically empty.
Wonders of Live Pavillion: Mothballed.
Toy Story Mania: Power went out for 10 minutes (T-Storms were in the area).
Tower of Terror: Was shut down for a while.

But... We had a great time during our stay at WDW.

Tree House Villas 1997
Pop Century 2005
Coronado Springs 2008, 2012
Beach Club 2010

Old 08-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #844
jimmymac
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Donut23;37938067]Oh NO Art....you reminded me of something else!

[[COLOR="Navy"]COLOR="Cyan"]Turkey SLIME dogs!

First, let me say.....we are on V A C A T I O N!! Give me a good 'ole all BEEF dog!!! I'm VERY good when I'm at home.

Having said that, on our trip to DL last December we decided to give it a try.....can't talk about it if you have not tried it. We moseyed over to the Hot Dog Car and stood in line...got our hot dog and lemonaid, mustard and a bench.

The hot dogs were SO COMPLELY SLIMELY, greasy and gross it nearly came right back up. One bite for BOTH of us and the rest was in the trash. Funny thing, the people sitting around us ended up tossing their dogs into trash cans which .......... had other half-eaten hot dogs.

ICKO!

So, our stop at Casey's at WDW is out now too.

What a waste of $$$$.

Turkey dogs = cheeper for Disney.........back to an earlier post.

Give 'em less = charge 'em more!

Know what, I don't care if they want to offer Turkey dogs for those of us who want something healthy (healthy? a corn dog?)...but don't do away with the all beef dogs. Don't kid yourself, Disney couldn't care less about healthy options.....it's all about CHEEPER hot dogs.
Soap box away. Thank you for listening.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Isn't a healthy corn dog kinda near the top of the old oxymoron list?
Old 08-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #845
Mickeyistheman
DIS Veteran

I could not read through every post because many seemed to be saying the same thing.

I have been in the travel business for 17 years and Disney has been my speciality. However, many brought up some good points about the VALUE that Disney offers year after year and now FREE DINING throughout next year on select dates! Talk about a great value.

EVERYONE is hurting right now and Disney is no different. I remember when they had those lay offs and many friends were let go even in the executive level. Business is Business.

I think people expect things for nothing now as well and when its not done immediatly they get upset and start to blame people.

If you want a preferred room pay for it, don't just expect to get upgraded.

Their rates have gone up EVERY SINGLE YEAR, since I started booking them 16 years ago, so when people get upset that the rates went up come on, it happens.

However, how great is it that they DO NOT charge for Magical Express!! They don't charge for Fast Pass or even Early/Late Extra Hours.

Those are huge benefits that I can see that they are still offering without a fee.

I eat at pretty much the same places every time I go down and have never noticed bad food or service.

If anything I have always been met with excellent service and always notice when its being done to someone else. However, I also notice when people start ranting and raving thinking that will get them further than asking nicely.

I have no patience or time for people like that, just like in my business. I know what they want, they just think I'll get upgraded, guess what no you won't.

You get what you pay for. I also look at their Value Resorts and Pop Century which I do stay at most times I travel there, has been up to par from day one, great service and the rooms are always spotless.

I just don't understand when some people complain about certain things, what do you expect Disney to do? Give you something for free because you didn't like their food? That is ridiculous. I have gone to restaurants and didn't like their food. Should I complalin?

I just think that Disney does a great job and sometimes they do miss, but not often otherwise they would not have as many of us going back year after year after year after year.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #846
Gipperland
Mouseketeer

Mickeyistheman, "I have no patience or time for people like that", you mean how some people take it personally when others think Disney is less than perfect?

My husband is in the travel industry and travels for a living. He stays in all levels of hotels and eats at all levels of resturants, when something isn't right it is fixed or refunded, that is not getting something for free. If it isn't right why should someone have to pay for it anyway? Disney is the worst at righting wrongs. The are the best at the "oh, we are so sorry" and making you think all they care about is you, but that is where it will end if you don't stand up for yourself. Once you tell them exactly what is expected it will be taking care of, but it is ALWAYS a fight.

I have been going to Disney for twice as long as your 16 years and I have seen many ebb and flows of their service. We still go every year and some years multiple trips because in spite of problems that have come up we always have a good time.

I don't know why people on this forum have such a hard time when Disney is criticized, it really isn't personal, just an individual's opinion. Nothing in life is perfect. Lets keep this forum open to everyones opinions without making accusations of others based on differing opinions.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #847
Art 1
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Indiana Rose Lee;37937999]
Quote:

Morocco is the winner. That is probably our favorite counter service on property. But i've never had one of the infamous hotdogs or anything in china. I always figure I can get decent chinese here.
The orange chicken at the cs in China may be one of the best values at EPCOT. IMO.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #848
Pirates4me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut23 View Post
Toodles!

Said before but obviously worth another try - discussion is not whining...only talk about things we really CARE about which is Disney. If we didn't care, we wouldn't bother.

Have a GREAT time in other discussions!

There are some really good ones about upcoming events....Christmas tips and Halloween stuff! Enjoy!
I know it's not whining but that's the first word that popped in my head. I did enjoy the back and forth yesterday with Brunette & Bicker. I guess I was getting a little bummed reading all the posts. I'm like everyone else here, I'm passionate about Disney and look forward to our trips.
DIS Dad's Club Member #502

DW ME DD DS

"Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic
But I had a good life all the way" Jimmy Buffett

DVC Member since 2005 Saratoga Springs
Old 08-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #849
Donut23
Long-Time Disney Fan

Quote:
That's ridiculous! Someone stated on another thread they are doing gourmet hotdogs for $8.00!!! The thing is the so called gourmet hotdog looked gross! I just went to COSTCO and got a great Nathan's hotdog and a large diet coke for ...............

$1.50!!
Yes, do the same when I take my Mom to Sams (near the MALL)....dog and a coke $2..and a REAL beef hot dog too!

For some reason, we have found the changes at DL are less than WDW... we have found DL clean, castmembers are fabulous. So, this is why we decided to try our Turkey Dog at DL....hoping it would not be as bad as some have said about WDW's dogs.

Oh well....live & learn...we will get our Hot Dog at the Nationals Game on Saturday. Maybe $8 (Good Dog!) - but it's not a "fake dog".(Bad Dog!)
Old 08-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #850
Donut23
Long-Time Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates4me View Post
I know it's not whining but that's the first word that popped in my head. I did enjoy the back and forth yesterday with Brunette & Bicker. I guess I was getting a little bummed reading all the posts. I'm like everyone else here, I'm passionate about Disney and look forward to our trips.

Sorry the conversation does not make you happy. There are plenty of happy threads around so that's a good thing.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:45 PM   #851
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyistheman View Post
EVERYONE is hurting right now and Disney is no different. I remember when they had those lay offs and many friends were let go even in the executive level. Business is Business.
When business has no money to pay its workers it does not build another value resort or does expansion which will not bring any new customers or does a multimillon constraction of vacation houses. JMO.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
Old 08-23-2010, 09:11 PM   #852
flicx
Please stand clear of the doors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
When business has no money to pay its workers it does not build another value resort or does expansion which will not bring any new customers or does a multimillon constraction of vacation houses. JMO.
Right with ya there Kelly!!
Old 08-23-2010, 09:14 PM   #853
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Tiger
Old 08-23-2010, 09:49 PM   #854
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
With all the respect due to you your statement tells me that you may not have a good understanding of business. Very few people do.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #855
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
The union may have negotiated some of it's members out of a job. This wouldn't be the first time. Many companies are outsourcing services and hiring less qualified or even part-time employees, due to high wages and benefits packages. Prices can only be raised so much and still be competitive. If productivity levels do not warrant the position, they need to be replaced.

The expansion is a different story. I'm sure there are numbers to support it. I would suspect, Disney is growing and focusing..with a different customer in mind. i.e. Aulani is for the Asian and West Coast guests and the values will accommadate those who normally stay off property. If they make them a captive audience, say with "free dining" and ME. It would be a smart thing for Disney to do..financially.

We're on a thread, discussing the downfalls of Disney. There's only so much we're going to accept before we either leave or change our spending habits. Many of us aren't happy with the current cutbacks. This affects jobs. It's sad, but true.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: