Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #826
Indiana Rose Lee
Baby Factory Extraordinaire! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates4me View Post
How does one unsubscribe to this thread. I've heard enough whining.
user cp
subscribed threads
unsubscribe

have a good day!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:28 PM   #827
Donut23
Long-Time Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates4me View Post
How does one unsubscribe to this thread. I've heard enough whining.

Toodles!

Said before but obviously worth another try - discussion is not whining...only talk about things we really CARE about which is Disney. If we didn't care, we wouldn't bother.

Have a GREAT time in other discussions!

There are some really good ones about upcoming events....Christmas tips and Halloween stuff! Enjoy!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #828
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Art 1;37937684]I used to go for lunch usually on Saturday to Casey's Corner. Loved those hot dogs with yellow mustard and sauerkraut. Now they are not worth buying, it's too bad that there not the same.

Now my lunch of choice is orange chicken at China or a plate at Morocco.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya Art1! I love, love, love the counter service at Morocco! Good pick!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #829
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flicx View Post
I have to agreewith this post. I have written disney on good and bad in the past and I will say this for them they have always responded either way, to my concerns or praises.Maybe someone should start an email petition to send them.
Petitions mean less than message boards! It takes nothing to sign a petition. No commitment at all. A petition that says, "We, the undersigned, want better food choices!" doesn't tell Disney what the problem is. And really ... look at the number of people who signed the "Save Pleasure Island" petitions. And yet ... PI? Still a ghost.

Take the time to put your comments, complaints and compliments down on paper (or on screen) and send them. It's those individual people who write thoughtful, concise comments who get listened to.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #830
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut23 View Post
Toodles!

Said before but obviously worth another try - discussion is not whining...only talk about things we really CARE about which is Disney. If we didn't care, we wouldn't bother.

Have a GREAT time in other discussions!

There are some really good ones about upcoming events....Christmas tips and Halloween stuff! Enjoy!
Amen sista!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:33 PM   #831
Indiana Rose Lee

[QUOTE=brunette8706;37937958]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
I used to go for lunch usually on Saturday to Casey's Corner. Loved those hot dogs with yellow mustard and sauerkraut. Now they are not worth buying, it's too bad that there not the same.

Now my lunch of choice is orange chicken at China or a plate at Morocco.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya Art1! I love, love, love the counter service at Morocco! Good pick!
Morocco is the winner. That is probably our favorite counter service on property. But i've never had one of the infamous hotdogs or anything in china. I always figure I can get decent chinese here.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #832
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
Petitions mean less than message boards! It takes nothing to sign a petition. No commitment at all. A petition that says, "We, the undersigned, want better food choices!" doesn't tell Disney what the problem is. And really ... look at the number of people who signed the "Save Pleasure Island" petitions. And yet ... PI? Still a ghost.

Take the time to put your comments, complaints and compliments down on paper (or on screen) and send them. It's those individual people who write thoughtful, concise comments who get listened to.

Hi! Great idea! I think I'll ask Pirate Jeff to write one up. And if anyone is interested in signing they can sign it!

Brunette
Old 08-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #833
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
Hi! Great idea! I think I'll ask Pirate Jeff to write one up. And if anyone is interested in signing they can sign it!

Brunette
Wasn't my idea. Read my post again. I'm the one who said petitions are useless.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #834
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Indiana Rose Lee;37937999]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post

Morocco is the winner. That is probably our favorite counter service on property. But i've never had one of the infamous hotdogs or anything in china. I always figure I can get decent chinese here.
I get the lunch platter that has the gyro (lamb) and chicken, I think along with the humus! It's very, very good! I've been to their Table Service too, which is nice, but it does get expensive.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #835
Donut23
Long-Time Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
I used to go for lunch usually on Saturday to Casey's Corner. Loved those hot dogs with yellow mustard and sauerkraut. Now they are not worth buying, it's too bad that there not the same.

Now my lunch of choice is orange chicken at China or a plate at Morocco.

Oh NO Art....you reminded me of something else!

Turkey SLIME dogs!

First, let me say.....we are on V A C A T I O N!! Give me a good 'ole all BEEF dog!!! I'm VERY good when I'm at home.

Having said that, on our trip to DL last December we decided to give it a try.....can't talk about it if you have not tried it. We moseyed over to the Hot Dog Car and stood in line...got our hot dog and lemonaid, mustard and a bench.

The hot dogs were SO COMPLELY SLIMELY, greasy and gross it nearly came right back up. One bite for BOTH of us and the rest was in the trash. Funny thing, the people sitting around us ended up tossing their dogs into trash cans which .......... had other half-eaten hot dogs.

ICKO!

So, our stop at Casey's at WDW is out now too.

What a waste of $$$$.

Turkey dogs = cheeper for Disney.........back to an earlier post.

Give 'em less = charge 'em more!

Know what, I don't care if they want to offer Turkey dogs for those of us who want something healthy (healthy? a corn dog?)...but don't do away with the all beef dogs. Don't kid yourself, Disney couldn't care less about healthy options.....it's all about CHEEPER hot dogs.

Soap box away. Thank you for listening.

Warning - Warning - Food Warning/Alert --- if Boardwalk Bakery takes away Sugar Free Cheesecake....there will be a short woman having a BIG meltdown. I'm addicted to SF Cheesecake....take it back to the room.....top with fresh berries and a little little poof of whipped cream....ahhhhhhhhhh.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #836
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Now, you all are going to think I'm crazy as Marrakesh is my favourite restaurant on property, so I used to enjoy their CS restaurant very much (I only eat at about 3-4 CS places on property).

But, lately, it's not the same...hubby and I noticed right away in March, that is was different than before. Bread was very dry, and hummus tasted a wee bit different.

We didn't even eat there last month, as we figured we'll give it a bit of a break, in case they are playing around with ingredients and such.

Tiger
Old 08-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #837
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
Wasn't my idea. Read my post again. I'm the one who said petitions are useless.

Oh, sorry, I just skimmed your post. Well, maybe if someone writes a concise, well thought out letter, with added signatures, that could help. I don't know. But being silent will do absolutely nothing.

Brunette
Old 08-23-2010, 05:42 PM   #838
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post
Now, you all are going to think I'm crazy as Marrakesh is my favourite restaurant on property, so I used to enjoy their CS restaurant very much (I only eat at about 3-4 CS places on property).

But, lately, it's not the same...hubby and I noticed right away in March, that is was different than before. Bread was very dry, and hummus tasted a wee bit different.

We didn't even eat there last month, as we figured we'll give it a bit of a break, in case they are playing around with ingredients and such.

Tiger
WOW! Really? Oh boy, my DH and I will be really upset about this!!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #839
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut23 View Post
Oh NO Art....you reminded me of something else!

Turkey SLIME dogs!

First, let me say.....we are on V A C A T I O N!! Give me a good 'ole all BEEF dog!!! I'm VERY good when I'm at home.

Having said that, on our trip to DL last December we decided to give it a try.....can't talk about it if you have not tried it. We moseyed over to the Hot Dog Car and stood in line...got our hot dog and lemonaid, mustard and a bench.

The hot dogs were SO COMPLELY SLIMELY, greasy and gross it nearly came right back up. One bite for BOTH of us and the rest was in the trash. Funny thing, the people sitting around us ended up tossing their dogs into trash cans which .......... had other half-eaten hot dogs.

ICKO!

So, our stop at Casey's at WDW is out now too.

What a waste of $$$$.

Turkey dogs = cheeper for Disney.........back to an earlier post.

Give 'em less = charge 'em more!

Know what, I don't care if they want to offer Turkey dogs for those of us who want something healthy (healthy? a corn dog?)...but don't do away with the all beef dogs. Don't kid yourself, Disney couldn't care less about healthy options.....it's all about CHEEPER hot dogs.

Soap box away. Thank you for listening.

Warning - Warning - Food Warning/Alert --- if Boardwalk Bakery takes away Sugar Free Cheesecake....there will be a short woman having a BIG meltdown. I'm addicted to SF Cheesecake....take it back to the room.....top with fresh berries and a little little poof of whipped cream....ahhhhhhhhhh.
That's ridiculous! Someone stated on another thread they are doing gourmet hotdogs for $8.00!!! The thing is the so called gourmet hotdog looked gross! I just went to COSTCO and got a great Nathan's hotdog and a large diet coke for ...............

$1.50!!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:48 PM   #840
Indiana Rose Lee

the bread was a thicker bread, not pita. The hummus tasted the same to me last january. lol, and we love love love hummus.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: