Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #3421
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albytaps View Post

2. Many of the comments about going downhill have to do with the food quality. There are many foods in WDW so I will comment on one very popular choice... the burger. The burgers at WDW used to be pretty bad, as long as I could remember, as far as burgers go. This time they have changed it and it's much better. This goes against the argument that the food quality is declining.

Glad you had fun and no problems on your trip.

I actually always loved Disney burgers, go figure. I do not eat much fast food home, so maybe I am just not an expert on burgers but they always were good IMO and price is not that much more then here in NY and the same like at any other tourist location. We love to do few TS meals while in Disney but most of our meals are CS and no complains here, except I really wish they would have more fruit and vegetables in food courts just because after 3 days I can't look at breakfast menu but it is a totally different story.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #3422
brunette8706
DIS Veteran
 
brunette8706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albytaps View Post
I don't believe I reposted after my last WDW trip which was in early Nov 2011.

Awesome! Two trips in two months! Disney is great, isn't it?

1. I didn't see anything to make me think the WDW is going Downhill (sorry if I constantly repeat this but since it's the title of the thread I want to remind myself and other posters why we're responding here.)

DH and I usually don't every time either, it usually depends on our itinery and what we do for dinners, etc!


2. Many of the comments about going downhill have to do with the food quality. There are many foods in WDW so I will comment on one very popular choice... the burger. The burgers at WDW used to be pretty bad, as long as I could remember, as far as burgers go. This time they have changed it and it's much better. This goes against the argument that the food quality is declining.

I agree! The burgers are very good and a decent value as well! DH and I used to go to like Pecos Bill's and get a double burger then pay an additional dollar for an extra bun! It worked out great for us!

That said, is it fair to use simply a "burger" to refute any claims on the quality of food? How do you feel about the change from Prime Rib at BOMA to Sirloin roast? Along with the increase of price? Or the lack of bacon in the Cheese Soup at Le Cellier? Or the change in food quality at the same restaurant? Just a couple examples there but certainly, more detailed than simply a burger. Disney is so much more than that!
3. CM's - I believe some that are arguing that WDW have fired alot of CM's may actually be disgruntled former CM's. There are so many CM's in WDW that you really can't look in any direction without seeing one. There are great, friendly, and helpful. I don't see how anyone could complain about lack of CM's.

I agree!

4. WDW is clean as always. The bathrooms were spotless and never smelled bad. There were CM's constantly cleaning and changing garbages everywhere I went.

They are a busy bunch, aren't they? Worthy of much praise!

5. Rides - There is always a ride here and there that has something not working properly - the one that always comes to mind is Splash mountain. However, if you don't go as frequently as I do you'd never know. Otherwise everything was working. Nothing broke down while I was there.

We go frequently as well! Which is why we notice so often, things that don't work, like the Yeti at EE! Who has seemed to develop arthritis shortly after the ride opened!


Compare this to Universal, where my family and I rode Cat in the Hat recently... it was just sad. The ride looked old and dirty, something that hasn't been upkept in many years. You can tell the difference from WDW and Universal just from that ride.

There is no comparison between Disney and Universal! Aside from being located in central Florida that is!

6. Fantasyland - Building new areas to enrich the experience... need I say more?

We'll see! We too, are looking forward to the opening!!

I don't know Brunnete. I'm sure you love WDW or else you wouldn't be here. But I think this post was made for controversy and attention. Many may see it as an insult to WDW as I did when it was first created... but whatever, I got over it. To me it just seems like you won't back down from your original post even though many of your thoughts were countered, and you keep it alive by posting every so often. I must applaud you for making a thread that has lasted so long with so many posts in it. The only threads that last on these boards are controlversial ones. All positive threads die off quickly since they are not as fun to read. So congrats I guess.

We do love Disney!! This my friend, is where we agree completely! If we didn't love it, we wouldn't go! And if we weren't concerned about seeing the magic preserved for future generations, I find it prudent to keep Disney on their toes to make sure when they stumble, they are aware someone is paying attention. It is so unfortunate that you find it an "insult" to read how a Disney fanatic such as myself and DH, hold Disney to the standards they themselves set! If you love driving BMW's and your new 7 Series handles more like a Prius, I am fairly certain, that you would bring it to the attention of your dealer! Why should Disney be any different? Why should we accept a decline in value or service simply because you are "insulted"?

I am truly sorry that you were so affected in a negative way! Please know, it was not personal to you, or anyone else who may have been equally "insulted"! It was simply stating how I felt and wondered if others feel the same. Many do.

I further will apologize for answering those who bring this post back up with courtesy! I was always taught to respond to others who are talking to me and for the record, I don't recall any time where I have brought this thread back up! Please fill me in on the time I did and I will agree with you! Otherwise, I have to suggest that you are in error on that point.

This thread, with all its time on the board, has been mostly civil, respectful and thoughtful. Ironically, a "alter thread" was started some time ago. That thread, the "uphil" thread, was filled with vitriol and harsh words. I haven't seen that on this one. But, I do have to think, that many people read this one. Much of what is discussed here gets "heard" by people that can make a difference! After all, that is what we all want, isn't it? For Disney to always remain "awesome"? It is for me!

Finally, thank you so much, for doing your part to keep it alive!


EDIT:
I'm sorry I forgot to add the one negative thing that made me think of this post. The monorails were not running some nights for the EMH people. We had to take buses back to BLT. What a pain in the butt! One night we had to take it from Epcot, another 2 nights we walked from MK to BLT. I thought of the thread because maybe they were trying to lower costs... but I could be wrong too.
Brunette's words in bold italics!
__________________
brunette8706 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #3423
flicx
Please stand clear of the doors!
 
flicx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slippin Falls Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,282

This thread has survived IMO, because disney has made alot of bad decisions over the past 4 or 5 years. This forum gives us with the downhill point of view a place to discuss the shortcomings we see happening. I for one am glad to see there are many others who share and see alot of the same things I do. Makes me realize its just not me being crazy. I think this is one of the most constructive threads on the site. Hopefully in a few years after some changes this thread won't be that prevalent,but hey till then I think it serves its purpose and has been fairly civil.
__________________
flicx is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 05:15 AM   #3424
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!
 
goofy4prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 3,083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albytaps View Post
I don't know Brunnete. I'm sure you love WDW or else you wouldn't be here. But I think this post was made for controversy and attention. Many may see it as an insult to WDW as I did when it was first created... but whatever, I got over it. To me it just seems like you won't back down from your original post even though many of your thoughts were countered, and you keep it alive by posting every so often. I must applaud you for making a thread that has lasted so long with so many posts in it. The only threads that last on these boards are controlversial ones. All positive threads die off quickly since they are not as fun to read. So congrats I guess.

EDIT:
I'm sorry I forgot to add the one negative thing that made me think of this post. The monorails were not running some nights for the EMH people. We had to take buses back to BLT. What a pain in the butt! One night we had to take it from Epcot, another 2 nights we walked from MK to BLT. I thought of the thread because maybe they were trying to lower costs... but I could be wrong too.
It's disappointing that you find a differing opinion than yours to be an insult to you and WDW. I welcome hearing opinions from others; sometimes as a result I have learned that just perhaps they may be on to something. Also, the voice of the consumer lately has certainly swayed the actions of company's. Bank of America, once customers became vocal and closed accounts retracted their debit card usage fee. Netflix is still realing over the massive rebellion by it's loyal customer base and it's future is still very volatile. And just a couple of weeks ago Verizon backed off it's fee to pay your bill online with a credit, debit, or check account after only one day of announcing it. I am thankful that Brunette and others are not just sheep following blindly without a voice!

I also, along with many others on this thread who love WDW also believe they have allowed themselves to slip in areas. Has Disney lowered their standards across the board? NO; Is it still a great place filled with magic and fun? YES. But the fact remains, there have been cutbacks in area's and the prices continue to go up. If the price would just rise without the cutbacks I have a feeling the opinions would not be the same. Things go up, I understand that; but don't charge me prime rib prices and put bologna on my plate. Don't charge me the price for a Lincoln and then give me a Kia. I think this is the point many are trying to convey.

I certainly respect your opinion and passion for WDW, however I must note that you certainly added credibility to what Brunette and others have said about areas WDW has lowered their standards. Where you may ask? You mention the cutbacks WDW has done with the mono-rails. If I were paying top dollar for the Poly, CR, or GF resorts for it's locationn and access to the mono rails and they cut back, I would feel like I am getting less for my money.

Again, I truly thank you for posting and sharing your opinion. I am not offended or set back that you feel all is well in the land of the mouse, after all it is your opinion. However, don't feel offended because someone does not share the same opinion as yourself. Like you, I also applaud Brunette; not for keeping this thread alive, that has been done by many others, but I applaud her for creating a thread that even with differing opinions by hundreds this thread has remained civil and very entertaining.
__________________
Aug. 2008 Wilderness Lodge- CL Jan 2009 Yacht Club-CL Aug. 2010 Wilderness Lodge-CL Nov. 2013 Wilderness Lodge-CL June 2014 Contemporary Resort-CL

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #3425
DisneyFive
Luv'n the magic
 
DisneyFive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 1,794

Sometimes I wonder if people just percieve Disney as going downhill, versus what is actually happening. I think the more you go, the more you notice all the little things. The first time or two at Disney is spent just trying to take it all in, and everyting is new and fresh, never seen before. The more years you go, the more you've already seen, so you start to look at other things you wouldn't have (like when just trying to take in the big picture during the first trip).

Anyway, I was talking about food quality with my family and in-laws a few days ago because I mentioned folks on this board saying the quality has gone down the last few years. (we've all travelled to Disney together the last couple of years and have been on the regular Dining Plan).

Our conclusion was that we agreed that the QS meals were worse this year than last (eating at many of the same locations the two years). The 1/2 chicken at Cosmic Rays was pretty beat up and bland. The burgers are Pecos Bills took a LONG time to get and were not all that good. However, we did get to experience Wofgang Puck express this year in DD. Wow!!! Awesome pizza and salmon salads for QS credits. WELL worth it. We were all very impressed.

However the TS meals were equal, and in many cases better than what we experienced our first year. We all thought our TS experiences were awesome this year.

I would be interested to hear from other about TS meals and what specifically has gone downhill? I see the change at Boma and Le Cellier that Brunette mentions, but what else? Those are two menu options out of hundreds or maybe even thousands thoughout the Disney parks. This isn't to pick a fight, I'm genually interested to hear about what has changed to make the TS meals seem less appealing.

This year we went to:
Coral Reef
Crystal Palace
Mama Melrose
Yak and Yeti
1900 Parkfare
Akershus
Cape Mays
Sanaa

Dan
__________________
Me(40), DW(39), DD(12), DD(10), DS(7)
POR, September 2013, 10 days A marathon of enjoyment!!!
POR, September 2012, 9 days Awesome!!!
POP, September 2011, 9 days Very Fun, Hot!
POP, September 2010, 8 days Magical!!!
DisneyFive is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #3426
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
It's disappointing that you find a differing opinion than yours to be an insult to you and WDW. I welcome hearing opinions from others; sometimes as a result I have learned that just perhaps they may be on to something. Also, the voice of the consumer lately has certainly swayed the actions of company's. Bank of America, once customers became vocal and closed accounts retracted their debit card usage fee. Netflix is still realing over the massive rebellion by it's loyal customer base and it's future is still very volatile. And just a couple of weeks ago Verizon backed off it's fee to pay your bill online with a credit, debit, or check account after only one day of announcing it. I am thankful that Brunette and others are not just sheep following blindly without a voice!

I also, along with many others on this thread who love WDW also believe they have allowed themselves to slip in areas. Has Disney lowered their standards across the board? NO; Is it still a great place filled with magic and fun? YES. But the fact remains, there have been cutbacks in area's and the prices continue to go up. If the price would just rise without the cutbacks I have a feeling the opinions would not be the same. Things go up, I understand that; but don't charge me prime rib prices and put bologna on my plate. Don't charge me the price for a Lincoln and then give me a Kia. I think this is the point many are trying to convey.

I certainly respect your opinion and passion for WDW, however I must note that you certainly added credibility to what Brunette and others have said about areas WDW has lowered their standards. Where you may ask? You mention the cutbacks WDW has done with the mono-rails. If I were paying top dollar for the Poly, CR, or GF resorts for it's locationn and access to the mono rails and they cut back, I would feel like I am getting less for my money.

Again, I truly thank you for posting and sharing your opinion. I am not offended or set back that you feel all is well in the land of the mouse, after all it is your opinion. However, don't feel offended because someone does not share the same opinion as yourself. Like you, I also applaud Brunette; not for keeping this thread alive, that has been done by many others, but I applaud her for creating a thread that even with differing opinions by hundreds this thread has remained civil and very entertaining.
You are certainly right about voicing opinions but examples you used with bank and so were not just opinions but actions, which we lacking. When we speak up and do not forget that we are basically only ones who read this thread, and at the same time book another vacation, it does nothing, we do not support our own opinions.

Many of us speak of how expensive Disney deluxes and at the same time booking Poly and YC instead of leaving offsite. Many complain about food but still making ADRs and go to Disney multiple times a year. So what message we really sending out? How can we say that we change a thing if we do not even change ourselves?

So considering how our words are different from our actions, some people can see it if not as an insult, at least as a joke. I cannot blame them.

That being said, I like this thread, many good points, many interesting people, Brunette is very passionate about Disney just like everyone else on this thread, but lets face it we do not move mointains, we just chat between our trips.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #3427
flicx
Please stand clear of the doors!
 
flicx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slippin Falls Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,282

Not everyone on here has just continued to go and blindly pay whatever. There have been quite a few people who said they go less frequently,don't eat at sit down restaurants,stay offsite etc. These actions were brought about by disney motivating people in a bad way. If they continue this motivation business will suffer. I for one have not gone in over three going on four years now. I love disney world but I will speak with my wallet. I'm quite sure there are many others who do too!
__________________
flicx is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #3428
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by flicx View Post
Not everyone on here has just continued to go and blindly pay whatever. There have been quite a few people who said they go less frequently,don't eat at sit down restaurants,stay offsite etc. These actions were brought about by disney motivating people in a bad way. If they continue this motivation business will suffer. I for one have not gone in over three going on four years now. I love disney world but I will speak with my wallet. I'm quite sure there are many others who do too!
I am glad you speak with your money. However, many on this thread only speak and continue to go several times a year, and pay money for all the services they complain about. This is what makes people feel like this thread is just a joke. There is enough people who continue to support current situation even while complaining, with their money and it is very evident from this very thread.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #3429
brunette8706
DIS Veteran
 
brunette8706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
You are certainly right about voicing opinions but examples you used with bank and so were not just opinions but actions, which we lacking. When we speak up and do not forget that we are basically only ones who read this thread, and at the same time book another vacation, it does nothing, we do not support our own opinions.

Many of us speak of how expensive Disney deluxes and at the same time booking Poly and YC instead of leaving offsite. Many complain about food but still making ADRs and go to Disney multiple times a year. So what message we really sending out? How can we say that we change a thing if we do not even change ourselves?

So considering how our words are different from our actions, some people can see it if not as an insult, at least as a joke. I cannot blame them.

That being said, I like this thread, many good points, many interesting people, Brunette is very passionate about Disney just like everyone else on this thread, but lets face it we do not move mointains, we just chat between our trips.
*
Hi Kelley!

We still go (as you know, lol). As a matter of fact we go a lot. But we have made changes with our wallet expenditures. We no longer go to a buffet restaurant while there is a Holiday Surcharge. We only go to 2 TS a trip. I also, do NOT book a deluxe resort unless there is a 40 percent off discount. We also tend to bring lunches into the parks too. There are quite a things we have cut back on. But as you know we ALL love Disney.

Brunette (HAPPY NEW YEAR!)
__________________
brunette8706 is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #3430
brunette8706
DIS Veteran
 
brunette8706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
I am glad you speak with your money. However, many on this thread only speak and continue to go several times a year, and pay money for all the services they complain about. This is what makes people feel like this thread is just a joke. There is enough people who continue to support current situation even while complaining, with their money and it is very evident from this very thread.
*
Kelly- I haven't heard that people thought this thread was a "joke". Maybe people have disagreed with it, but I never heard anyone state it was a joke. I think there are issues at WDW that need to be corrected to keep their stance or shall I say "bar" as in the Disney Difference. Hopefully, things will get better after the Fantasyland expansion, but who knows. Of course there may be other "discounts" coming too, but again, who really knows for sure.

I also "think" the MODs left this thread up for discussion of all things Disney. It's nice to see good reports and not so good reports, heck I want to see it all.

Brunette
__________________
brunette8706 is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #3431
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
*
Hi Kelley!

We still go (as you know, lol). As a matter of fact we go a lot. But we have made changes with our wallet expenditures. We no longer go to a buffet restaurant while there is a Holiday Surcharge. We only go to 2 TS a trip. I also, do NOT book a deluxe resort unless there is a 40 percent off discount. We also tend to bring lunches into the parks too. There are quite a things we have cut back on. But as you know we ALL love Disney.

Brunette (HAPPY NEW YEAR!)
Hi Brunette, Happy New Year!!!

Of course we all love Disney, no question here, no Disney haters on this thread nor on this site, you get it right.

I still feel however that if we complain and we do a lot, we better not just cut but bring money offsite or to another destionation all together. You say you wait for 40% discount but you know just like I know that even with this discount we can do better offsite. We can get probably better and the most important cheaper meals offsite, but we still wait for discounts to have a chance to give our money to Disney and therefore support Disney current situation.

Not many on this thread do what Flicx does, holding his vacation and he does it regardless of this thread, btw, totally on his own.

For many who reads thread however, it is confusing why we complain so much and still go, contradicting ourselves. Almost everyone cuts expences one way or another and basically not even because of Disney situation but because of the economy, so cutting while bringing money to Disney is not exactly an appropriet action to teach Disney a lesson, IMO.

I hope you are not taking my words as an insult since you KNOW I love this thread and highly respect you and others here but I see why some people do not take us seriously.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO

Last edited by KellyNY; 01-06-2012 at 01:40 PM.
KellyNY is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 01:29 PM   #3432
Pirate Jeff
DIS Newby..... Disney Veteran
 
Pirate Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by flicx View Post
Not everyone on here has just continued to go and blindly pay whatever. There have been quite a few people who said they go less frequently,don't eat at sit down restaurants,stay offsite etc. These actions were brought about by disney motivating people in a bad way. If they continue this motivation business will suffer. I for one have not gone in over three going on four years now. I love disney world but I will speak with my wallet. I'm quite sure there are many others who do too!
That would be absolutely correct.

We used to go to BOMA on every trip (about 6 times a year). We went on our last trip in October but before that, it was at least 2 years. Same with O'Hana. We went once in August but before that, it was also a couple of years. With O'Hana, we may not ever go again. The last time, the service was the worst it had ever been, the food was not good and the ever changing menu isn't as appealing as it used to be. The one improvement, was the steak. It was actually, incredibly good! But the wings, lo mein, dipping sauces (oddly sans an accompaniment - they used to bring tortillas) and even desert - Bananas Foster left a lot to be desired. Add with these disappointments the always increasing price, we will probably not go again.

We used to go to either BOMA or O'Hana at least once per trip. We haven't been to Le Cellier in years. The last time for lunch, I had the Prime Rib Sandwich which basically, was a dried up and tasteless overpriced disappointment.

We have an Applebee's half a mile from our home, over the past two years, we have eaten more there than we have anywhere at Disney.

To sum it all up, while we still go to Disney a lot, we don't spend nearly as much as we used to. Not because we can't but because DW and I demand a good value for our money. There still are many good or great values at Disney, like the Lu'au, Biergarten, Tangerine Cafe, The Lotus Blossom Cafe, School Bread at Norway and several others. But some of our favorite top dollar restaurants have changed and raised their prices, so we go elsewhere and/or less frequently.

Funny thing, as Goofy4prez points out, we don't have as much a problem with increased prices. We have a problem with declines in quality.

So in other words, I agree with your post Flicx!

I guess I could have said that with quite a few less words, eh? LOL!!

Aaaaargh!!
Pirate Jeff is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #3433
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
*
Kelly- I haven't heard that people thought this thread was a "joke". Maybe people have disagreed with it, but I never heard anyone state it was a joke. I think there are issues at WDW that need to be corrected to keep their stance or shall I say "bar" as in the Disney Difference. Hopefully, things will get better after the Fantasyland expansion, but who knows. Of course there may be other "discounts" coming too, but again, who really knows for sure.

I also "think" the MODs left this thread up for discussion of all things Disney. It's nice to see good reports and not so good reports, heck I want to see it all.

Brunette
Maybe I am the only one who used word "joke" but it came from how some people expressing their attitude toward this thread, I am reading between the lines here, paraphrasing but "joke" is what their messages are.

Moderators will not touch a thread which is first of all related to board, second stayed civil, so it does not mean it was more or less helpful then any other thread, even so if we, I in particular, find it very interesting.

Of course we have right to speak up and let our feelings be known but what I see peoples point that we contradict ourselves with actions and our voices only heard by us, not Disney, since we continue to bring our money in. This was expressed many times on this thread and I understand why.

I think if we really want things to change we do something about it and I do not mean cutting but not inversting in Disney at all other then tickets if we absolutely cannot change destination. We can stay offsite, eat offsite, spend but spend elsewhere, not waiting for 40% discounts or jump up and down if there happen to be a PIN(I currently recieved 5 in 12 months and did not use any, thinking of offsite), but ignore it and not support Disney at all. How else will they learn? If we do not do it, then we are not doing a good job and all this talk is nothing but a kitchen talk even if we all enjoy it.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #3434
brunette8706
DIS Veteran
 
brunette8706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Hi Brunette, Happy New Year!!!

Of course we all love Disney, no question here, no Disney haters on this thread nor on this site, you get it right.

I still feel however that if we complain and we do a lot, we better not just cut but bring money offsite or to another destionation all together. You say you wait for 40% discount but you know just like I know that even with this discount we can do better offsite. We can get probably better and the most important cheaper meals offsite, but we still wait for discounts to have a chance to give our money to Disney and therefore support Disney current situation.

Not many on this thread do what Flicx does, holding his vacation and he does it regardless of this thread, btw, totally on his own.

For many who reads thread however, it is confusing why we complain so much and still go, contradicting ourselves. Almost everyone cuts expences one way or another and basically not even because of Disney situation but because of the economy, so cutting while bringing money to Disney is not exactly an appropriet action to teach Disney a lesson, IMO.

I hope you are not taking my words as an insult since you KNOW I love this thread and highly respect you and others here but I see why some people do not take us seriously.
Hi Kelly!

I'm not taking your words as an insult, not at all! I understand what you're saying and I agree, that they need to see a decline in attendance and income to start to understand how many of us feel.

And even if we talk about curtailing our visits and what we do when we are there, it is still a reduction in revenue for them. We spend half (or even less) of what we used to.

But it's so hard to swear off Disney completely... I mean, what is the alternative? Universal?????

I'm at work, so I'll have to add more later!
__________________
brunette8706 is offline  
Old 01-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #3435
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!
 
goofy4prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 3,083

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
You are certainly right about voicing opinions but examples you used with bank and so were not just opinions but actions, which we lacking. When we speak up and do not forget that we are basically only ones who read this thread, and at the same time book another vacation, it does nothing, we do not support our own opinions.
I agree, if we only speak with our mouths (or keyboards) and don't follow it up with action it don't mean a thing. I chose to spend a vacation in Hawaii and rent a cabin in the Smoky Mountains last year instead of WDW. This year I will be doing a cruise and not sure what else, but as of right now it will not be WDW. I love WDW, but for me they have pushed me to the point it is no longer a must do every year. Will I go again? Yes. Perhaps next year, but just not this year (I am prone to changing my mind though).
__________________
Aug. 2008 Wilderness Lodge- CL Jan 2009 Yacht Club-CL Aug. 2010 Wilderness Lodge-CL Nov. 2013 Wilderness Lodge-CL June 2014 Contemporary Resort-CL

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: