Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #286
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickaholic4077 View Post
Mickaholic:

God Bless, thank you, and I pray you continue to "kick cancer"!!

In my book, it is you whom deserves the thumbs up!!!

Old 08-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #287
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

"Do you think DISNEY has gone down hill the last few years?"

NO.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #288
C.Ann
We'll remember when...
No time for green bananas
When the going gets tough, she gets the Palmolive!!
If I knew we were going to be graded here, I might try harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rie'smom View Post
IMO, the decline started when Disney started outsourcing their housekeeping and when they implemented the Disney Dining Plan and Free Dining. I wish there would be levels of food. Those who pay full price would get the food quality that existed before these plans were put into place. Either that or limit the food choices so that if you want a steak or a lobster you don't get them with discounted dining. Something needs to be done.
This would be my guess as well.. I think the Disney Dining Plan and the Free Dining has become one of those "be careful what you wish for because you just might get it" things for the guests.. Since the Free Dining started, I have never before read so many complaints about the food - across the board..
----------------------------------------

"I wrote your name in the sand,
but the waves washed it away.
I wrote your name in the sky,
but the wind blew it away.
So I wrote your name in my heart,
and that’s where it will stay.."

"We won't be sad, we'll be glad
for all the life we've had
and we'll remember when...."
Old 08-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #289
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Ann View Post
This would be my guess as well.. I think the Disney Dining Plan and the Free Dining has become one of those "be careful what you wish for because you just might get it" things for the guests.. Since the Free Dining started, I have never before read so many complaints about the food - across the board..
Right on...as I firmly believe, Disney's priority is new guests. How do you lure them in? With free food...If they only go 1x or even 2x, they more than likely won't complain. The complaints come from us repeat visitors, as we know what it used to be like.

I talk to my neighbors and family who have gone during Free Dining, and they think the food was fabulous, as well as the service. Some of them did have issues though, but they didn't complain, as it was free! When something is free, you hesitate to complain about it, and Disney is using that to their advantage for sure, IMHO. Get people into the parks with Free Dining, and I'm sure they'll spend more on other stuff, as they didn't pay for their food.

Great discussion! Tiger
Old 08-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #290
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Rose Lee View Post
my groceries have gone up a great deal, also.
To me this is a case of apples and oranges. Groceries are a necessity while I wouldn't categorize a trip to WDW in the same way. Well at least not to me.

I consider the increase in turkey leg prices prohibitive. Maybe I'm biased because I don't like the things though.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #291
flicx
Please stand clear of the doors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates4me View Post
I think one of the biggest problem with Disney and Disney related vacations is the DIS board. I have never heard so many people complain about so much in my life. I have been a member of this board since September 2006 and I have only made roughly 200 posts. This board is so negative I just get turned off and then every so often i get back on to see if things have changed and of course they have only gotten worse. Don't like the parks, the restaurants or parades, then don't go. If you do go, try to look at the positive things instead of the negative. Just saying.
Yes by all means turn a blind eye to disney.Never give them feedback,be a zombie.Sorry not for me.Great place was alot better place in the past IMO.What happens when all the loyal dis goers quit going and bringing others along?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:26 PM   #292
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by flicx View Post
Yes by all means turn a blind eye to disney.Never give them feedback,be a zombie.Sorry not for me.Great place was alot better place in the past IMO.What happens when all the loyal dis goers quit going and bringing others along?

all our friends and family tell us disney should PAY us for all the free advertisement we give.

yes, we LVOE the place and tell everyone, and say "you have to stay onsite!"

does that mean I can't get on a disney discussion boards and discuss various issues? lay down , roll over, and just accpet "reality" (as another disser on many thread says we should do?) not me!

If I love something, I try to make it better, or at least try to do what I can to make sure it keeps the same standards.
I do not have to "accept" someone elses "reality" I'll say what I said in another thread "what if Rosa Parks "accepted reality".? NO, I am NOT comparing myself to Rosa Parks, and, of course, civil rights are NOT as important as a disney vacation. JUST an analogy.
we disney lovers love having a discussion board where we can share tips, ideas, funny stories (trip reports), and,. yes, not-so-happy times, and issues we feel need changing.

I have posted my not-so-great expereinces. (you can call it complaining, I call it sharing, and warning). I have also taken time to help out many others (esp. newbies) with happy thoughts and advice.... the "nature" of a discussion board.
and, I agree, Disney has "gone down" in many ways. I hate to see it.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:55 PM   #293
disrev
Mouseketeer

I think Disney has gone way downhill.

In fact, I think everyone should stop going... especially if you're going November 6-11. Especially if you have ADRs for Le Cellier or O'hanas on November 9th or 10th.
Jan 2001 - Offsite Westgate Town Center; December 2003 - Offsite Knights Inn; November 2004 - Offsite Westgate Town Center (Universal Studios); November 2005 - Offsite Vacation Rental Home; October 2007 - POR; December 2008 - CSR; May 2009 - Offsite Marriot Grande Vista (Universal Studios); January 2010 - AKL; November 2010 - SSR; November 2011 - Offsite Westgate TC & Sheraton Vistana Resort; February 2013 - Sheraton Vistana Resort; November 2013 - AKL Kidani & Sheraton Vistana Resort
Old 08-12-2010, 12:03 AM   #294
cjb71870
DIS Veteran

Really, brunette8706.. who is the Disney "freak", "nut"? You? Well, not for me..... I've been 100's and 100's of times in 21 years... and have never complained! Let me bring you and you won't complain.. trust me!!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:19 AM   #295
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

To me there's a fine line between ranting about everything that is "wrong" and discussing things that have changed for the worse. There is still an awful lot that is right and "wrong" will vary from person to person.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #296
bicker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post
I will disagree with your definition of 'loyal' from a business perspective.
Yet that just leads you to bewilderment about why business operates the way it does. My explanation is actual, and therefore it helps folks understand the reality they're going to encounter. Your explanation just leads to confusion, dissatisfaction and disaffection.

Quote:
I really don't think most businesses assume that they can charge their loyal customers whatever premium they want, and they are going to pay it.
No one said that they could charge "whatever premium they want" - I said that they can charge "A premium".

You're not going to understand what I'm writing if you change it in your mind into something I didn't say.

Quote:
On the contrary, I think many loyal customers are very savvy, and won't always spend a premium just because they enjoy the product.
If they generally will not pay a premium, then they're not loyal. (Please be sure to read the word "generally".)

Quote:
I am very loyal to small businesses in my city, but I won't let them rip me off.
Ripping off is irrelevant. No one is talking about anyone ripping anyone off.

Quote:
For the purpose of this discussion, there is no other Disney, so Disney customers are loyal as there is nothing else like it.
There are other offerings comparable in context to Disney. The perception that Disney is utterly unique, besides being erroneous, doesn't excuse a contention that charging what many guests are willing to pay is inappropriate, but rather underscores the legitimacy of doing so.

Quote:
When Disney starts to taint this loyalty by overcharging,
They're not overcharging. They're charging appropriately. So your assertion here doesn't apply.

Quote:
I don't think you can make a direct link between how loyal someone is based on how much they spend,
Think linkage goes the other way. Loyalty is not the willingness to exploit something, to abuse something, to get something for less than it is worth or for free. (Please be sure to read the word "or".)

Quote:
Say for instance, I won a lifetime supply of a product. That means I never have to pay for that product again, so by your definition I am not loyal.
From the business' standpoint you aren't (any longer).

Quote:
... because I absolutely love that product?
This could be the miscommunication we're having: I'm talking about loyalty; you're talking about love, passion, dedication and/or favor. They're different. The key, here, is the extent to which the business is best-advised to factor in desires and preferences. If they're giving something away for free to certain people, then investment in improvements that those specific recipents is unjustifiable. It would take other people, those willing to pay a premium, waiting the same things, to justify such investments.

This isn't a happy thing for consumers. It's actually bad news for consumers. However, it is actual, and understanding it helps consumers better understand the environment that they're going to encounter.

Quote:
Us Disney regulars are loyal to the Disney Parks/Resorts for the purpose of this discussion.
Precisely not. Regulars are regulars. They're not necessarily loyal. That's the point.

Quote:
If I never spend another dime in Disney on tix, food or souveniers,
... then Disney would be irresponsible in elevating what you desire, specifically, unless other people, who would spend money, value those things.

Quote:
I consider myself very loyal to Walt Disney World
... and as such you develop unfounded expecations on Disney as a result. That's the problem I highlighted.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #297
bicker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
Not sure if you're getting "defensive" or simply have a superiority complex. My guess is a little of both but more of the latter!!
Then you've violated the forums rules in presenting a personal attack.

As it is, the answer is neither. We disagree. I think you're wrong, as much if not more than you think I'm wrong. The difference, which might be frustrating, is that my explanation actually fits with the way companies operate, while your explanation does not match, and you yourself have provided the examples of where those mismatches are.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #298
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker View Post
Yet that just leads you to bewilderment about why business operates the way it does. My explanation is actual, and therefore it helps folks understand the reality they're going to encounter. Your explanation just leads to confusion, dissatisfaction and disaffection.

No one said that they could charge "whatever premium they want" - I said that they can charge "A premium".

You're not going to understand what I'm writing if you change it in your mind into something I didn't say.

If they generally will not pay a premium, then they're not loyal. (Please be sure to read the word "generally".)

Ripping off is irrelevant. No one is talking about anyone ripping anyone off.

There are other offerings comparable in context to Disney. The perception that Disney is utterly unique, besides being erroneous, doesn't excuse a contention that charging what many guests are willing to pay is inappropriate, but rather underscores the legitimacy of doing so.

They're not overcharging. They're charging appropriately. So your assertion here doesn't apply.

Think linkage goes the other way. Loyalty is not the willingness to exploit something, to abuse something, to get something for less than it is worth or for free. (Please be sure to read the word "or".)

From the business' standpoint you aren't (any longer).

This could be the miscommunication we're having: I'm talking about loyalty; you're talking about love, passion, dedication and/or favor. They're different. The key, here, is the extent to which the business is best-advised to factor in desires and preferences. If they're giving something away for free to certain people, then investment in improvements that those specific recipents is unjustifiable. It would take other people, those willing to pay a premium, waiting the same things, to justify such investments.

This isn't a happy thing for consumers. It's actually bad news for consumers. However, it is actual, and understanding it helps consumers better understand the environment that they're going to encounter.

Precisely not. Regulars are regulars. They're not necessarily loyal. That's the point.

... then Disney would be irresponsible in elevating what you desire, specifically, unless other people, who would spend money, value those things.

... and as such you develop unfounded expecations on Disney as a result. That's the problem I highlighted.
Thanks for the discussion, but this just hurts my head.

Tiger
Old 08-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #299
bicker
DIS Veteran

No problem. We can sure agree to disagree agreeably.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #300
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

I am confused, what is the difference between Loyal and Regular anyway? If I go every year and stay on property am I loyal? If I go somewhere else and skip Disney this year, I am not? What about me going to Universal? Who am I then? I do not get it. What are exact specifications to be called Loyal and how does it make difference anyway?

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: