Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #1981
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen73 View Post
$19.99 for one. We can get 3 cooked for that price around here. And yes, when I get a second I will post.
Thank you... the DIS is such a valuable tool, because there are so many who post on here that have a wealth of knowledge to share, be it good or bad experiences. It is just a shame that some people who disagree with another's opinion feel the need to turn things ugly. Most people are here to learn and share experiences for future reference and we appreciate your willingness to share.

Now for the other small, but loud fraction of posters, just remember you can ignore them.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #1982
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
Hi Kelly! Oh man! I love lobster. There was a poster on this thread that gave me some ideas (restaurants) to go to in Boston, which I thought was very nice. I hope he/she comes back here on this thread! LOL!

Yes, I could live off lobster. Got a whole lobster 1 1/4 pounds plus a side for $19.99! It was great!

Thanks for your gracious compliments, you are always so nice.

BTW, anyone see Donut, Suellen, Tiger, Flicx?

Hopefully, BigGreen73 will post his Disney experience.

Take care.
Brunette
Hi Brunette! First time on the DIS in days, as life is very busy, and I see there are updates to the thread!

I do so hope the above OP posts her thoughts, but I can understand if she doesn't.

Life has been very busy around here, so I'm off to do a bit of reading on some other threads.

So far, I see that Disney made a very underwhelming announcement about next year's new promo, and has decided to splash guest photos on the castle each night.

I also saw that Chef Mickey's did a few day test of having Mickey at the front of thr restaurant for photos, like at Tusker House with Donald, but it didn't last at all. Mickey being out front actually held things up, so he is back to table rotation around the restaurant.

Lastly, I just read that there are new things happening to the Dining Plan - DVC guests will have to pay in full when DP is booked. Doesn't make sense since we can add it 48 hours before, so not sure if they are changing that as well? Also, DVC is working on the website so that we can do online bookings - yeah!!

Hope you and everyone else is well! Tiger
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #1983
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post
Hi Brunette! First time on the DIS in days, as life is very busy, and I see there are updates to the thread!

I do so hope the above OP posts her thoughts, but I can understand if she doesn't. Agreed. We all would love to hear about his trip!
Life has been very busy around here, so I'm off to do a bit of reading on some other threads.

So far, I see that Disney made a very underwhelming announcement about next year's new promo, and has decided to splash guest photos on the castle each night. Yes, you're being too kind, sounds somewhat boring to me, but hey that's just my opinion. LOL! So, yes it is very UNDERwhelming news. I really don't think that will draw people in the parks or resorts
I also saw that Chef Mickey's did a few day test of having Mickey at the front of thr restaurant for photos, like at Tusker House with Donald, but it didn't last at all. Mickey being out front actually held things up, so he is back to table rotation around the restaurant. This is GOOD to know! Thanks for the update!Lastly, I just read that there are new things happening to the Dining Plan - DVC guests will have to pay in full when DP is booked. Doesn't make sense since we can add it 48 hours before, so not sure if they are changing that as well? I'm not sure why they would do this also. Also, DVC is working on the website so that we can do online bookings - yeah!! Well that's good news! Thanks for all your updates!!
Hope you and everyone else is well! Tiger
Brunette
Old 09-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #1984
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen73 View Post
$19.99 for one. We can get 3 cooked for that price around here. And yes, when I get a second I will post.
LMAO! I was thinking 19.99 for ONE lobster!! I am sure that seems cheap to people from other areas though.

I think I saw Hannaford had a lobster bake for 14.99(?) you got a lobster, two years of corn and little neck clams. I thought... that seems a little high.

I'm here. I work on Tuesdays so don't have much time to post.

I have to start copying my pictures and editing them and need to update my trip report.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #1985
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

This last trip was the best..cms were wonderful. The magic is still there, IMO.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #1986
flicx
Please stand clear of the doors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suellen View Post
Sadly we didn't make it to the pizza place. We even left with 1 meal left over. We did counter service dining and used our meals to cover all three meals.

I still don't think it has gone down hill at all. Of course JMHO.

There are a few things that I can't really speak of that you all think of as going downhill... namely PRICES.

1. We are DVC members so our hotel is covered
2. We are AP holders so our tickets are covered
3. We use the QS dining and it only costs us $84/day to feed our family of four.

90% of the time my 3 year old eats the equivalent of nothing. We ordered three adult meals at every (almost) meal and used the extra two to get adult breakfasts to split in the morning.

I will say that I had a hamburger and it was great. I remember the crumbly buns that I hated from years ago and haven't had a bun there since. They are still a wheat bun but not nearly as dry.

We tried the new Mexican QS and we thought it was yummy.

We didn't eat a single table service this time.

We did see one full trashcan (in the line for Snow White) and I only noticed it because there were four coke product bottles sticking out and I wanted DH to grab them so I could use the codes for points from the caps (mycokerewards) LOL! Otherwise I probably would have skimmed over and not noticed it.

Otherwise the park was clean. Both our rooms were ready early (1:00 and 11:00 AM).

Cast Members were great. Fireworks for MNSSHP were awesome.

We did have a problem where a CM told us that stroller rentals were free during MNSSHP so we left our strollers in the room only to find out that they were NOT and it cost us 31.00 ~ I was seriously ticked off. I did just let it go though.

Other than that one incident ~ the only bad stuff was bad guest behavior! Of which there was PLENTY!!!
Someone actually gave a review for the pizza place.Kinda pricey I think they said 16.00 for an personal 27.00 for a large.They said it was good though.Glad to hear you had a good time.My biggest peave with disney is what you mentioned, PRICES.I hope they soon quit jacking them before it's too late for the average joe!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #1987
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LMAO! I was thinking 19.99 for ONE lobster!! I am sure that seems cheap to people from other areas though.

I think I saw Hannaford had a lobster bake for 14.99(?) you got a lobster, two years of corn and little neck clams. I thought... that seems a little high.

I'm here. I work on Tuesdays so don't have much time to post.

I have to start copying my pictures and editing them and need to update my trip report.
LOL! Well, scuse me! LOL! We pay approximately $45 -$54.00 for a lobster dinner here in Maryland! So, I thought $19.99 was el-cheap!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:22 PM   #1988
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
This last trip was the best..cms were wonderful. The magic is still there, IMO.
Good to know! GIve us the low down...details, details! How was the construction coming along? How bout lines/crowds? Did you try the new Pizza place in Italy? How bout Chef Mickey's, how was that?

Thanks for posting.

It looks like on another thread, the monorail has been having problems. Maybe they all need to be replaced. I know they replaced the first set of monorails back in 1991 (20 years old), so it looks like now they may need to be replaced.

Brunette
Old 09-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #1989
Donut23
Long-Time Disney Fan

Quote:
Hi Kelly! Oh man! I love lobster. There was a poster on this thread that gave me some ideas (restaurants) to go to in Boston, which I thought was very nice. I hope he/she comes back here on this thread! LOL!

Yes, I could live off lobster. Got a whole lobster 1 1/4 pounds plus a side for $19.99! It was great!

Thanks for your gracious compliments, you are always so nice.

BTW, anyone see Donut, Suellen, Tiger, Flicx?

Hopefully, BigGreen73 will post his Disney experience.

Take care.
Brunette

Hi -- I'm here. DH said you were looking for me.

I've been scrapping it up on the "Monorail Woes" thread.....an appropriate discussion for here as well. We never use the monorail so I had no idea so many were having problems.

.....and on the "Have you ever found the Magic" thread......great stories of magic there.....bring some tissues.

Glad to hear the Boston trip went well. It's a GREAT city to visit and so much to do nearby as well.

DH and I were just talking about how to use those 7 1/2 weeks of vacation he has next year. Boston and Cape Anne were one choice (we would have to be there for the "greasy pole" in Gloucester, however...timing wasn't great) ......then I started talking about Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket and Newport (all my old haunts in my boating days) .....and they ended up the winner for one of our trips. We will have lobster there for sure!

Nice to have you back!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:10 PM   #1990
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut23 View Post
Hi -- I'm here. DH said you were looking for me.

I've been scrapping it up on the "Monorail Woes" thread.....an appropriate discussion for here as well. We never use the monorail so I had no idea so many were having problems.

.....and on the "Have you ever found the Magic" thread......great stories of magic there.....bring some tissues.

Glad to hear the Boston trip went well. It's a GREAT city to visit and so much to do nearby as well.

DH and I were just talking about how to use those 7 1/2 weeks of vacation he has next year. Boston and Cape Anne were one choice (we would have to be there for the "greasy pole" in Gloucester, however...timing wasn't great) ......then I started talking about Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket and Newport (all my old haunts in my boating days) .....and they ended up the winner for one of our trips. We will have lobster there for sure!

Nice to have you back!
Hi! You're always so nice! Good to see you also. Boston, was great! The people were nice the city was very CLEAN!!! We also stopped over at the CHeers place ( remember the tv sitcom years back?) My DH bought a Cheers shirt! LOL. The only I didn't like was how people drive!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:22 PM   #1991
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL! Well, scuse me! LOL! We pay approximately $45 -$54.00 for a lobster dinner here in Maryland! So, I thought $19.99 was el-cheap!
Oh I am sure it is for others! When we want lobster we head straight to the docks in Portland and get them cheap.

I know that they are overpriced in other parts of the country. One of my BIG pet peeves is places that say they are selling Maine lobster and it is Canada Lobster. Not that there is anything WRONG with Canadian Lobster.... it just ISN'T Maine lobster.

Anywho.... no hard feelings intended. Sorry if it seemed that way!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #1992
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi! You're always so nice! Good to see you also. Boston, was great! The people were nice the city was very CLEAN!!! We also stopped over at the CHeers place ( remember the tv sitcom years back?) My DH bought a Cheers shirt! LOL. The only I didn't like was how people drive!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!
Oh I know. They drive AWFUL! I will usually take the train down to not have to drive there!!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #1993
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh I am sure it is for others! When we want lobster we head straight to the docks in Portland and get them cheap.

I know that they are overpriced in other parts of the country. One of my BIG pet peeves is places that say they are selling Maine lobster and it is Canada Lobster. Not that there is anything WRONG with Canadian Lobster.... it just ISN'T Maine lobster.

Anywho.... no hard feelings intended. Sorry if it seemed that way!
No, I'm just kidding with you! Someone here said you can get lobster for $3.99 a pound at a grocery store? Lobster here is very expensive. I also think you can get lobster at Fultons at DTD but it's like $55.00 or more for it. I understand that it's awesome though. I just don't want to pay $55.00 bucks! lol
Old 09-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #1994
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Yes 3.99/lb is pretty standard here. They will even steam it for you.

Great. Now I want lobster again. LOL!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #1995
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Yes 3.99/lb is pretty standard here. They will even steam it for you.

Great. Now I want lobster again. LOL!
$3.99 a pound!!!! Now I'm jealous.

All seafood is outrageously expensive here though. We're way too far from the coast.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: