Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #1606
d1gitman
Mad About The Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
Off topic but when I saw mention of the snack zip bags I had to write. I love them not only for snacks, but wipes, floss etc and especially Money. Paper money fits perfectly in them. I never take my wallet on vacation. I use one zip bad for cash and another for my ID, CC etc. They work great!
you would think ziploc would come out with an ad campaign showing 1001 uses for a baggie. we use them for any and everything in our house. in fact, we keep the heavy duty gallon size ones in the glove box as a porta-pottie for our boys. it's saved us from disaster on more than one occasion.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #1607
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
I started reading this thread before I went on my vacation (9/2-9/6) and I just read some more and I have to say, this past vacation was the most magical yet. We met so many wonderful cm's, our hotel was beyond my expectations, the food quality was way beyond expectations (with only 2 exceptions to that, which will come in a dining review at some point), and the only negative things I encountered were with other guests. You certainly can't blame Disney for that and even those were few and only at MK, where it seems people are the rudest anyway. Hey, there's an idea for a thread... why are people so rude at MK and not at other parks?! But I digress...

Maybe my expectations aren't as high as some people's, but I've been to Disney many many times in my lifetime and I just don't see the magic going downhill.
Hi jmm476!

Glad you had a great vacation! That's always good to hear. We stayed at WL and didn't like the room so we moved to YC. We had a fantastic time, the YC is awesome.

Anyway, where did you stay, if you don't mind me asking? Yes, I can agree with you that some guests can be rude.

Brunette
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #1608
flicx
Please stand clear of the doors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilliams4 View Post
"Do You think DISNEY has gone down hlll the last few years? "

No.

BLT, Kandani, Space Mountain Refurb, HH Refurb, PC Refurb, TSM, AIE, EE, Nemo Musical, Nemo Ride, Kim Possible, Sum of all Thrills, Via Napoli, FLE.

We just invested $50k in DVC (490 points at BLT and BCV) over the past two years and LOVE it!
You say no, but your avatar betrays you.The fix me for the yeti on expedition everest has been quite a hot button topic on these boards and quite frankly I believe would fit well in this thread.It is another example of something disney has let go and should be repairing in a little more timely fashion!
Old 09-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #1609
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flicx View Post
You say no, but your avatar betrays you.The fix me for the yeti on expedition everest has been quite a hot button topic on these boards and quite frankly I believe would fit well in this thread.It is another example of something disney has let go and should be repairing in a little more timely fashion!
HA! I picked up on that too! Has it been fixed yet or what? LOL

Brunette
Old 09-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #1610
flicx

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
HA! I picked up on that too! Has it been fixed yet or what? LOL

Brunette
According to the most recent post, no.Thats all right by me though I see lots of them running around in the woods by my house!
Old 09-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #1611
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
According to the most recent post, no.Thats all right by me though I see lots of them running around in the woods by my house!
You have BIG FOOTs where you are? LOL!
Old 09-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #1612
flicx

Quote:
You have BIG FOOTs where you are? LOL!
Bears and bigfoots look alot alike maybe I'm confused.I know it was one or the other though!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #1613
Donut23
Long-Time Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1gitman View Post
you would think ziploc would come out with an ad campaign showing 1001 uses for a baggie. we use them for any and everything in our house. in fact, we keep the heavy duty gallon size ones in the glove box as a porta-pottie for our boys. it's saved us from disaster on more than one occasion.

I agree totally. All my liquids travel in ziplock bags so there are not unauthorized leaks. I even carry EXTRA ziplocks as needed plus especially large ones to carry home icky laundry or wet swimsuits for example.

How on earth did Christopher Columbus cross the Atlantic without ziplock bags and duct tape????
Old 09-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #1614
Donut23
Long-Time Disney Fan

Quote:

I agree.

Don't forget Disneyland's new (2009) Fantasmic Dragon. Head fell off during dress rehearsal and was out for ALL of the summer - even though the new Fantasmic dragon was the cornerstone of the summer's advertising.

That would be an ...... OOPS.

(and I agree about Betty the Yeti. I'm getting a little tired of Disco Yeti).
Old 09-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #1615
Donut23
Long-Time Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Another tea party of sorts?
Oh my GOSH.......NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Our primary is next Tuesday and all I'm doing is answering those crazy robo-calls. Good thing?....they are VERY easy to hand up on!

Sorry, have no intention of starting a political bender so I'll stop. (can you believe it? A post less than 350 words!!!)
Old 09-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #1616
Donut23
Long-Time Disney Fan

Quote:
GREAT IDEAs! Where do you purchase these? I guess any Target, Walmart? Thanks for posting!

Brunette

Hey Brunette:

The "snack" size bag is perfect for paper money. You can find them most places....Giant supermarkets, Wallyworld, Kmart.....even on the shelf in the Dollar Store.

You can also get a variety of even smaller sizes at Michaels. I take a small cocktail of meds + vitamins. They have teeny little zip locks which fit my daily pills perfectly. I fill up enough to 1 1/2 times the days I'm gone.....then put them all in snack size bag.

The teenzy ziplock bag assortment in Michaels in on the same wall with all the glues and glue sticks (don't know why).

Enjoy,
ZLP

(ziplock princess)
Old 09-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #1617
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!

We pack our clothes in ziploc bags-1 outfit/day then I punch little holes in them and repack with dirty laundry for the way home.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #1618
luckyprincess
Dis Lord

Quote:
But aren't you paying RACK rate on your resort? I guess they only give one discount, either 40 percent off your lodging or the FREE dining. Now if you had a family of 4 or 5 are you saying that would be a better deal? I'm not sure how that works? What do they charge, say 2 more adults to the price? Anyone know? So, if I went with my DH and inlaws, would it be cheaper than, say just the two of us going? Sorry bout all the questions! LOL!

Brunette
I worked our vacay out and the 40% off room was WAY cheaper than the dining plan for two people for us...

Old 09-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #1619
mickaholic4077
I kicked cancer's butt!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut23 View Post
I agree totally. All my liquids travel in ziplock bags so there are not unauthorized leaks. I even carry EXTRA ziplocks as needed plus especially large ones to carry home icky laundry or wet swimsuits for example.

How on earth did Christopher Columbus cross the Atlantic without ziplock bags and duct tape????
I wonder if he had MacGyver's great great....... great grandfather as 1st mate?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #1620
GadgetRick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Has the Yeti worked for more than an hour or two since they opened EE?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: