Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 05:54 AM   #1591
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Downhill

To rugman1969, great post. It's true that the more and more you try to do, the more and more other things can suffer. And to many, at least by this thread, it is starting to show at WDW.

WDW has been great to us and has given my DW and I 6 wonderful vacations with tons of great memories. WDW is still above the norm and provides an excellent experience and even though expensive, it's worth the $$$. At least right now. But....

Unlike most, WDW or not, if we ever had a bad WDW vacation or a vacation that seemed less than "magical" I doubt we would go back. It would only take one. No second chances. For the amount of money a WDW vacation takes, it needs to be great. Not average, not above average, but GREAT, EXCELLENT, & MAGICAL every time. Period.

There are many who are WDW & Disney fans would will stick by and defend WDW no matter what. My DW and I are fans, big fans of everything Disney, but if WDW went the way of normal theme parks, we would start going. We would rather remember what was, magical vacations, than try to force the magic and make excuses and keep going back.

Will weeds or chipped paint or a burnt out light or a piece of trash on the ground affect what I think about WDW. Nope. I don't look for this stuff, and most of these kind of things are barely noticable unless you're looking for it. Would numerous rude CM's, poor food quality, consistantly poor service, poorly cleaned rooms, or attractions breaking down consistantly change my views about going to WDW again? Definitely!!
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
Old 09-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #1592
awilliams4
DIS Veteran

"Do You think DISNEY has gone down hlll the last few years? "

No.

BLT, Kandani, Space Mountain Refurb, HH Refurb, PC Refurb, TSM, AIE, EE, Nemo Musical, Nemo Ride, Kim Possible, Sum of all Thrills, Via Napoli, FLE.

We just invested $50k in DVC (490 points at BLT and BCV) over the past two years and LOVE it!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2010, 07:35 AM   #1593
SeeJackRunn
Mouseketeer

I have debated for a long time whether or not to post this because I didn't want it to be true...I love Disney so much and don't want them to seem like they are going downhill. When we were there in May, there was a little line for POTC (about 20 minutes), and a dad let his about 2 or 3 year old son just pee right on the attraction floor in front of everyone. It was revolting, I guess not really Disney's fault, but never in a million years would I expect to see that there.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:50 AM   #1594
theSurlyMermaid
Natural Blue
I hate mornings
Loves Apollo's Chariot

Hasn't this exact same thread been posted since the advent of message boards on the net? Yet every time I go I just don't really see it.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #1595
onnawufei
The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo

I can't say I've noticed a decline, but I've also never had a "perfect" WDW vacation in the first place. I've had snags here and there, the occasional less than stellar service or the less than chipper CM. But everything can't be perfect all the time, no matter how much we wish it could. Not even Disney can make that happen.
Vacationed at POFQ October 2010
Vacationed at POFQ December 2011
Vacationed at POR October 2012
Vacationing at POR October 2013

I have a camera, and I know how to use it! ... Usually.

My WDW Flickr Collection
Old 09-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #1596
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
another tea drinker!!!!

I always tell hubby "tea drinkers are discriminated against"
he says "as well they should be".
out to breakfast: he gets: "more coffee, sir?" I MIGHT get more water for my old tea bag!
hotels on the way down: coffee, no tea. gas stations: coffee, no tea. church meetings; coffee, no tea. school meetings: coffee, no tea. socer meetings: coffee, no tea. bars: coffee, no tea.

but.. I digress....
I know the feeling. I carry my own tea bags everywhere with me now and end up paying for hot water in most cases. I have to have my tea though!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #1597
Planogirl

I keep seeing people say that they expect to see burnt out light bulbs and chipped paint at places like Six Flags. Believe it or not, there was a time when even Six Flags was far nicer than they are now. Their decline has been rapid and dramatic but it wasn't always so.

However, I still feel that how other companies perform should have no bearing on the Disney corporation. They are their own entity and are supposed to set the standard. I personally feel like that standard is slipping a bit and has been doing so for some time.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #1598
Donut23
Long-Time Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I know the feeling. I carry my own tea bags everywhere with me now and end up paying for hot water in most cases. I have to have my tea though!

SO DO I !!!!!

.....in little snack ziplock bags.

I also carry DH's caffeine free tea he has first thing in the morning!

I am a purest......only a full load of caffeine for me. Anyone surprised? HAHA

Equal Rights for Tea Drinkers !!

Perhaps we should lead a march on Washington!!! Naaaa....how about a march TO Hall of Presidents instead.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #1599
Planogirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut23 View Post
SO DO I !!!!!

Perhaps we should lead a march on Washington!!! Naaaa....how about a march TO Hall of Presidents instead.
Another tea party of sorts?
Old 09-09-2010, 09:21 AM   #1600
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut23 View Post
SO DO I !!!!!

Off topic but when I saw mention of the snack zip bags I had to write. I love them not only for snacks, but wipes, floss etc and especially Money. Paper money fits perfectly in them. I never take my wallet on vacation. I use one zip bad for cash and another for my ID, CC etc. They work great!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #1601
DisneyAlly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
Off topic but when I saw mention of the snack zip bags I had to write. I love them not only for snacks, but wipes, floss etc and especially Money. Paper money fits perfectly in them. I never take my wallet on vacation. I use one zip bad for cash and another for my ID, CC etc. They work great!
Haha! I thought my DSis and I are the only ones who carry ziploc bags with us on vacation. I use big gallon bags to protect cameras and cell phones when going on water rides. Little ones are great for keeping money dry inside those money purse at water parks.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #1602
disneyfan55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAlly View Post
Haha! I thought my DSis and I are the only ones who carry ziploc bags with us on vacation. I use big gallon bags to protect cameras and cell phones when going on water rides. Little ones are great for keeping money dry inside those money purse at water parks.
I started a few years ago when I accidently found out that they were a perfect fit for paper money! I, too, use the other size zip lock bags for many items including shampoo and any other liquid bottles in my bags!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #1603
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran

Cool Downhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSurlyMermaid View Post
Hasn't this exact same thread been posted since the advent of message boards on the net? Yet every time I go I just don't really see it.

Have to agree with you. I haven't experienced any of the "bad" stuff to date. I will be sure to post here when I get back from vacation this month if I did experience anything that makes be believe WDW is on the decline. This will be the DW and I's 7 trip since 2004 and all the vacations have been great so far.
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
Old 09-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #1604
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan55 View Post
GREAT IDEAs! Where do you purchase these? I guess any Target, Walmart? Thanks for posting!

Brunette
Old 09-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #1605
jmm476
DIS Veteran

I started reading this thread before I went on my vacation (9/2-9/6) and I just read some more and I have to say, this past vacation was the most magical yet. We met so many wonderful cm's, our hotel was beyond my expectations, the food quality was way beyond expectations (with only 2 exceptions to that, which will come in a dining review at some point), and the only negative things I encountered were with other guests. You certainly can't blame Disney for that and even those were few and only at MK, where it seems people are the rudest anyway. Hey, there's an idea for a thread... why are people so rude at MK and not at other parks?! But I digress...

Maybe my expectations aren't as high as some people's, but I've been to Disney many many times in my lifetime and I just don't see the magic going downhill.
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: