Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #1486
flicx
Please stand clear of the doors!
 
flicx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slippin Falls Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansdad0727 View Post
Name me one thing that hasn't gone downhill in the last few years. A #4 at Mcdonalds 5 years ago was $5.50 now it's $8.00 and half the size. I hope it all turns around soon.
They still got dollar menu there.What a value!
flicx is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #1487
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist
 
Planogirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Frisco,Texas
Posts: 45,795

Quote:
Originally Posted by flicx View Post
They still got dollar menu there.What a value!


Besides other places going downhill doesn't mean that Disney isn't also. Its a shame but it does seem to be happening virtually everywhere, that part is true.
__________________
PG
Planogirl is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #1488
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups
 
TLSnell1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
My most recent trip to WDW was dimmed a bit when I found that two of my used-to-be-favorite restaurants no longer had filet mingon on the menu. Namely the Mexican restaurant in Epcot, and the Brown Derby in the Studios. A shame, methinks.
Tutto Italia no longer has my favorite..Carre D'Agnello In Crosta Di Erbe (rack of lamb).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryansdad0727 View Post
Name me one thing that hasn't gone downhill in the last few years. A #4 at Mcdonalds 5 years ago was $5.50 now it's $8.00 and half the size. I hope it all turns around soon.
What is a #4?
TLSnell1981 is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #1489
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran
 
BigGreen73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,769

Cool Downhill?

Wow, this thread is still going and approaching 1500 posts. I hope that WDW has gone "downhill" so much that there are no crowds when I go in a couple of weeks...
__________________
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #1490
brunette8706
DIS Veteran
 
brunette8706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,928

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen73 View Post
Wow, this thread is still going and approaching 1500 posts. I hope that WDW has gone "downhill" so much that there are no crowds when I go in a couple of weeks...
*
Hey! I understand now the crowds are VERY low. So, low that you can literally walk on to SOARIN with no wait! Hopefully, it will be the same for you. When are you going?
__________________
brunette8706 is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 07:08 PM   #1491
luckyprincess
Dis Lord
 
luckyprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
What nice pics luckyprincess! I might never leave if I had that view.
Oh, Planogirl, it was awesome!! Just in case anyone wants to know, we were 3rd floor, right off the lobby, Arusha Savannah! Gorgeous!
__________________

luckyprincess is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #1492
brunette8706
DIS Veteran
 
brunette8706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,928

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyprincess View Post
Oh, Planogirl, it was awesome!! Just in case anyone wants to know, we were 3rd floor, right off the lobby, Arusha Savannah! Gorgeous!
*
We love love love the AKL! I'm so glad you had a great time! Yes, your photo's were great! Thanks for posting them.

Brunette
__________________
brunette8706 is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #1493
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran
 
BigGreen73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,769

Cool Wdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
*
Hey! I understand now the crowds are VERY low. So, low that you can literally walk on to SOARIN with no wait! Hopefully, it will be the same for you. When are you going?
We are heading down to WDW and staying at POFQ from 09/17-09/26. 1st trip in Sept. I hope your crowd prediction ts 100% correct.
__________________
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #1494
flicx
Please stand clear of the doors!
 
flicx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slippin Falls Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,499

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen73 View Post
We are heading down to WDW and staying at POFQ from 09/17-09/26. 1st trip in Sept. I hope your crowd prediction ts 100% correct.
Been in disney alot of times in sept.I have never seen it really crowded.You will have a blast.Once you get used to the crowd level though you may not wanna go back when its crowded!
flicx is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #1495
luckyprincess
Dis Lord
 
luckyprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by flicx View Post
Been in disney alot of times in sept.I have never seen it really crowded.You will have a blast.Once you get used to the crowd level though you may not wanna go back when its crowded!
That was our problem - although we agreed we wouldn't want to go back for a few years, we said we HAVE to go last week of August again - we had NO waits - here's a pic of Epcot at 11 am on a Monday!
[IMG]
219 by ihateworkinglate, on Flickr
[/IMG]
__________________

luckyprincess is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #1496
brunette8706
DIS Veteran
 
brunette8706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,928

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen73 View Post
We are heading down to WDW and staying at POFQ from 09/17-09/26. 1st trip in Sept. I hope your crowd prediction ts 100% correct.
*

I'm going to agree with FLIXC here. I too think it will be low. All the kiddo's are in school. Don't forget to get your ADR's to these fab places:

BOMA - Animal Kingdom Lodge )BEST BUFFET on property!
OHANA - Polynesian
KONA-Breakfast TONGA toast or downstairs cheaper at Capt. Cooks
Biergarten - Germany EPCOT
Beaches and Cream- Beach Club Resort
Spirit of Aloha- MUST do luau at the Polynesian includes, meal, wine, beer, entertainment, tax and TIP!

Prime Time Cafe - Hollywood Studio's Great Chicken

Have FUN!

Brunette
__________________
brunette8706 is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #1497
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran
 
BigGreen73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,769

Cool Wdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
*

I'm going to agree with FLIXC here. I too think it will be low. All the kiddo's are in school. Don't forget to get your ADR's to these fab places:

BOMA - Animal Kingdom Lodge )BEST BUFFET on property!
OHANA - Polynesian
KONA-Breakfast TONGA toast or downstairs cheaper at Capt. Cooks
Biergarten - Germany EPCOT
Beaches and Cream- Beach Club Resort
Spirit of Aloha- MUST do luau at the Polynesian includes, meal, wine, beer, entertainment, tax and TIP!

Prime Time Cafe - Hollywood Studio's Great Chicken

Have FUN!

Brunette
We have all our ADR's and we're doing Ohana and Prime Time (1st). We've done Boma, but didn't really care for it..
__________________
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #1498
BigGreen73
DIS Veteran
 
BigGreen73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,769

Cool Sept

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyprincess View Post
That was our problem - although we agreed we wouldn't want to go back for a few years, we said we HAVE to go last week of August again - we had NO waits - here's a pic of Epcot at 11 am on a Monday!
[IMG]
219 by ihateworkinglate, on Flickr
[/IMG]
Here's hoping all parks look just like that on our trip!!
__________________
May 04: Grand Floridian & All Star Movies. May 05: Pop Century Resort. May 06: Pop Century Resort. May 07: Pop Century Resort. Dec 07: Pop Century Resort. April 08: Yacht & Beach Club Resort May 09: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 10: Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2012: Art of Animation

Next WDW Vacation staying at POFQ......
BigGreen73 is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 07:38 PM   #1499
brunette8706
DIS Veteran
 
brunette8706's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,928

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen73 View Post
We have all our ADR's and we're doing Ohana and Prime Time (1st). We've done Boma, but didn't really care for it..
*
YOU DIDN"T LIKE BOMA? LOL! I guess it may be too spicy or cinnamon'y for some people.

Ohana is good so is Prime Time Cafe.
__________________
brunette8706 is offline  
Old 09-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #1500
Suellen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Celebration, Florida
Posts: 5,233

We love this time of year!! No waits!! Woot - woot! Can't wait to go! Sept rocks!
__________________
Suellen is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: