DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

Question About Renewing Annual Passes with DVC Discount

DH and I have Annual Passes we purchased last year with the DVC Discount that expire at the beginning of October. I know we are scheduled for a ticket increase in about a week, so we were thinking of renewing them ahead of schedule in order to beat the increase. This leaves me with a couple of questions though...

1. If we renew our Annual Passes now before the price increase, will we still get the 15 month incentive for renewing early since it's more than 30 days before the expiration date?

2. Since our Annual Passes don't expire until the beginning of October, will our expiration date for the renewal passes still be next October? Or, will the expiration date move up to August since that is the actual time we're renewing them?

3. We're not planning on visiting WDW until the end of October and our Annual Passes expire at the beginning of October. Does Disney offer a 'grace period' such as 30 days after the expiration to renew or do you have to renew the pass before it expires?

4. We had planned on using the GAD Vouchers we have towards the AP renewals when we visit WDW in late October. A couple of questions about that:
  1. Can we use the DVC Discount for AP renewals in addition to the GAD credit?
  2. Is there any way to use the GAD credit now towards the renewal before the ticket increase? We live in NY so there is no way of getting to an actual park until our next scheduled trip in October, so this would have to be done either online or over the phone.
5. If I decide to renew now, before the ticket price increase, how do I do that? Do I renew it through the DVC Member website, Member Services or the regular Disney site? Is there a special code I have to enter in order to get 15 months instead of 12?

Thanks in advance everybody for all of your help!!! Sorry for all the questions but buying tickets can be confusing with all these variables!!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

To use the GAD voucher to renew an AP, you will have to do that in person at guest relations or a theme park ticket window. You can renew up to 30 days before or after the expiration date on the back of the AP.

The 15 month promo for renewals ends 8/31/2010 so you will miss out on that since the GAD voucher must be done in person. Your expiration date will be one year from the expiration date of the AP you are renewing.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: