Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #121
wildernesslodgelover
LOTW charter member!
Of course if they *did* start serving alcohol at MK, I would be first in line, but it doesn't rent space in my head or anything

Quick picture of Bruno and Boo! I am a little rusty with posting pics...might have to delete and try again...let's see...

trying to stay at every resort at least once! only AS, CBR, Poly and GF left!
wildernesslodgelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #122
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Ahhh, farrier day on the farm! Kiss another $285 goodbye. I can't even remember the last time I bought myself new shoes, but darn it if my horses don't get new ones every 5 weeks.
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #123
wildernesslodgelover
LOTW charter member!
Of course if they *did* start serving alcohol at MK, I would be first in line, but it doesn't rent space in my head or anything

hmmmm...not sure why so little...

Bruno is 34 inches at the withers...but he is thick. About 300-350 pounds. He is trained to drive, maybe one day we will get a cart, but I have NO IDEA how to drive.

Little Boo is 29 inches, but looks like a golden retriever...same color, same body type. He maybe 150 pounds. He was used in a petting zoo, so he is super duper bomb proof. Kind of sad, it is almost like he has NO personality. Bruno has some "attitude" but in some ways I like it, because he shows some sparkle and zip.

I guess it is like having kids...they are all different, and you love them each and love their different personalities. (I only have one child...so I am guessing!)

let me try again. Here is my DH clipping Bruno when we first got him in December. The vet told us to clip him ASAP...had a lot of sweltering days. Then, of course, had a bunch of FREEZING nights.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #124
wildernesslodgelover
LOTW charter member!

Darn! Why can't I get the pictures bigger? From photobucket??

MichelleWV-the picture of your DD saying goodbye to Smuckers brought a tear to my eye. We sold my medium pony, Cookie Monster, when I was 16. I still remember her being trailered off...and I still get tears in my eyes. She went to another girl who was 8 years old...same age I was when I bought her. I used to show medium pony. I also lived in a cool neighborhood, where all the kids had horses and we would go out trail riding ALL DAY, bareback, barefoot...such a great way to grow up! I am going to try to find a picture of her to scan, I think most of those pics are still at my mom's.

The pic of Apache in the snow is GORGEOUS!

WDWBarb-I have a "thing" for paints and pintos. Love yours!

luvchefmic-Have you heard anything from the mods? Ohhh, your horse's face is soooo pretty and dainty. What a sweetie.

Ok, I am going to have to find this thread about the goldfish. Does anyone have a link?

That poem was beautiful!

poppins-love your dad's artwork. What I have been doing...is taking very close up pics of my minis (really, Bruno is way more photogenic than Boo, even though his face is black) and making them black and white and enlarging them. I have a huge one of Bruno...just his forelock and one eye..and I matted it white and put it in a black frame. Looks so cool and artsy. I am a regular on a home decorating forum, and equine art is "hot" right now...although to me it is ALWAYS "hot." lol.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #125
wildernesslodgelover
LOTW charter member!

Here is my "artsy" photo of Bruno

here is a collage I did..

Old 08-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #126
BriarfoxinWA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Just so people know...Appy's aren't bad, or stubborn...they're just smarter than most people!
That is so true! That's why many people don't like them, because many of them are just so darn good and out-thinking their riders! Both of mine were very loyal - and basically one person horses. The white one - Apache - never did like to be handled by anyone else. The few times other people rode him he would constantly be watching me! My parents got him for me when I was 12 and we spent many summer days riding bareback and barefoot with my friends. He loved the water and we'd go to the river and swim - so many good memories...
Old 08-06-2010, 10:59 AM   #127
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Well hi all! Coffees on anyone need a cup?

wilderness- the link for the goldfish is a few pages back...I think as far as the photobucket pics looks like you have the size set on tiny..you know where the bar to "upload images" is, don't click that right under it to the right it says "more options" when you click that on it will show you different sizes to save your pictures...I choose large, then make sure at the bottom of that screen you hit "save" you will have to upload the pictures again and replace
understand?

as far as the mods...nope but we're going strong so far !
Old 08-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #128
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Jennasis and MichelleVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Ahhh, farrier day on the farm! Kiss another $285 goodbye. I can't even remember the last time I bought myself new shoes, but darn it if my horses don't get new ones every 5 weeks.
I think of you everytime the farrier comes here, I can't even imagine Maxine is barefoot but to have to budget for all those horses, wow that's all I can say

Michelle I meant to say they too when DD was saying goodbye to her horse, very touching the pictures made me tear up
Old 08-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #129
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Good thing I opened this thread when I did this morning!!! I turned on the water for the horses, then let the dogs run the pasture.....came in and FORGOT about the water. Opened this thread and OH SHOOT I FORGOT THE WATER!!!!! Lol, ran outside and it was filled to the brim...
Old 08-06-2010, 11:22 AM   #130
Jennasis
PLINKO baby!

I constantly leave the hose running. Then we lose water pressure, someone will yell my name and I scurry back to shut it off. Story of my life.

I actually get to split today's farrir bill. Half I pay and half gets paid by their owner (I lease them for lessons). When my personal horses got done two weeks ago, the bill was $385. That one I get to eat all by myself.

So to sum up...every 5 weeks I shell out 1/2 of $285 (plus another $385.

I wouldn't trade my farrier for the world though. He's awesome!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:25 AM   #131
wildernesslodgelover
LOTW charter member!

Ohhhh, now that I can post big pics, I am going to have a field day! You guys are going to be sorry I came back into town!

me and Rosie...my half TB, half morgan girl. Picture was taken in 1980. She was kind of a nut...many of you are talking about appy personalities (I never heard that, about apps, BTW) but I always heard NEVER get a chestnut mare...they are like red headed women, LOL! Tempermental and feisty! yes, yes, I know that is a stereotype and I will probably get flamed by any redheads on the thread. Anyway, she did fit that stereotype!

me and Cookie Monster...taken in the late 70s. Not the best picture of either of us, LOL. This was the best horse EVER! Spent my childhood on her back.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #132
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

The horse I thought was coming home...

So I started to tell you about the horse I thought I was getting. Did you know that you can adopt the horses that are used for the trail rides at Fort Wilderness? Like I said it was always a dream (for over 50 years) to share my life with a horse. The closest I ever came to horses though was the sometimes ride in Queens NY as a kid and then when I started going to WDW I gravitated to FW. It was a must do for many years and there is where I met JUMBO. I would ride him every year, several times a year. Now I found out you can adopt the horses when they are up for retirement. I got the application in faster than you can say Zip-a-dee-do-dah! I was going to be responsible and since I had about a year before he could be retired I was going to get as much hands on experience as possible. Living in NY at the time I went to the local stables (Knoll Farm that I had talked about previously) told the owner my plan and asked to volunteer. YES...remember at this point I knew nothing...I had never even seen the bottom of a horses foot....frog ? Isn't that what you kiss to get a prince?

Well long story shorter I learned so much there and before long I was walking the horses out for turnout over ice and snow, picking hooves like I had been doing it all my life I felt so confident...apparently they did too because I was put on the payroll ...more later here is JUMBO and I.....

Old 08-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #133
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

See we need this thread :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
Good thing I opened this thread when I did this morning!!! I turned on the water for the horses, then let the dogs run the pasture.....came in and FORGOT about the water. Opened this thread and OH SHOOT I FORGOT THE WATER!!!!! Lol, ran outside and it was filled to the brim...
Old 08-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #134
Jennasis
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
So I started to tell you about the horse I thought I was getting. Did you know that you can adopt the horses that are used for the trail rides at Fort Wilderness? Like I said it was always a dream (for over 50 years) to share my life with a horse. The closest I ever came to horses though was the sometimes ride in Queens NY as a kid and then when I started going to WDW I gravitated to FW. It was a must do for many years and there is where I met JUMBO. I would ride him every year, several times a year. Now I found out you can adopt the horses when they are up for retirement. I got the application in faster than you can say Zip-a-dee-do-dah! I was going to be responsible and since I had about a year before he could be retired I was going to get as much hands on experience as possible. Living in NY at the time I went to the local stables (Knoll Farm that I had talked about previously) told the owner my plan and asked to volunteer. YES...remember at this point I knew nothing...I had never even seen the bottom of a horses foot....frog ? Isn't that what you kiss to get a prince?

Well long story shorter I learned so much there and before long I was walking the horses out for turnout over ice and snow, picking hooves like I had been doing it all my life I felt so confident...apparently they did too because I was put on the payroll ...more later here is JUMBO and I.....

Yo know I'd heard about adopting a FW horse. Where did you get the application? I've always thought that they'd make great mounts for my Special Olympic riders.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #135
wildernesslodgelover
LOTW charter member!

OMG....more of the story, please! I want to hear how this turns out. I am sad though...I am gathering you did NOT get Jumbo. He is so handsome, and his name suits him!

I had NO IDEA about the FW horses...that is soooo cool!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: