Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #91
wildernesslodgelover
LOTW charter member!
Of course if they *did* start serving alcohol at MK, I would be first in line, but it doesn't rent space in my head or anything

Hi guys! I am out of town right now...actually, I am in O-town! It is a non Disney trip, I am visiting relatives for 2 nights.

I just wanted to weigh in on the blanket issue. It is SO HOT in SoFla, even most days in the winter. So...we body clip our horses. Then, when it is under 55 degrees, we blanket. Especially minis...they grow SUCH a thick coat, they must be clipped.

I will post more pics of my babies when i get home! Love the thread and really enjoying the pictures!
trying to stay at every resort at least once! only AS, CBR, Poly and GF left!
wildernesslodgelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #92
tiggger1
I put vicks on my feet
It really cleans my floors and makes them softer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Ooh Oooh!! I know...A Norwegian Fjord (though it COULD be a Haflinger, but I suspect by the cut of the mane, that it's a Fjord even though I can't see the black stripe). And a cutie pie!
yup she is a Norwegian Fjord. She is a red dun so she doesnt have the black stripe like most of the Fjords have. Her mane has red but its not in the stripe which is why you cannot see it....
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #93
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Good to see you! Post Boo & Bruno when you get home..have fun !

a story of renewed hope and the power of the Dis:UPDATED JULY 13http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #94
BriarfoxinWA
DIS Veteran

Here are some pics of my mare. I got a little carried away - couldn't find any really good pictures so quantity over quality...

My Dad bought her for my Mom from a horse auction - she was over 300 pounds under weight when we got her. We started out riding her western but I did dressage and she made a pretty good Training/First Level horse until she developed some arthritis in her early 20's...

My DH was part of a mounted Sheriff's posse and used her for a couple of years for that (although they hated each other and he couldn't wait to find another horse to use!)

Old 08-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #95
Poppinsme
I LOVE SMILEYS

Love all the horse pictures keep them coming.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:29 PM   #96
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppinsme View Post
Love all the horse pictures keep them coming.
Love the kissing the horse in your signature the freaky "smiley"...not so much

a story of renewed hope and the power of the Dis:UPDATED JULY 13http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056

Old 08-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #97
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

I am pretty much anti blanket, but with the cold wet windy winter we had, I felt better blanketing them. I'm pretty sure they felt better too. They were warm and dry under their blankets, but not too hot.

Here is a happy warm Ivan in the snow....

And here's a happy warm Ivan in his blanket!!! I put Skippy's blanket on a few minutes after that because the poor guy was shivering!!

Old 08-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #98
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

okay here's ignorance on my part I had NO idea you got that kind of weather in TX ! BRRrrrrrrrrrrr

Love these guys

Old 08-04-2010, 11:05 PM   #99
Poppinsme
I LOVE SMILEYS

Here are some old pictures.
I need to update.

The horse on the left is Chan'De (35), right is Sheba (9). I know Chan looks thin but believe me he is healthy. And ornery! He bosses everybody around even blind. I have had Chan for 30 years now.

Pahsu before she died.

Sheba getting out of the rain.

One of my fathers artworks, he was an artist. He died 20 years ago and did many, many horses.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #100
Poppinsme
I LOVE SMILEYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
I am pretty much anti blanket, but with the cold wet windy winter we had, I felt better blanketing them. I'm pretty sure they felt better too. They were warm and dry under their blankets, but not too hot.

Here is a happy warm Ivan in the snow....

And here's a happy warm Ivan in his blanket!!! I put Skippy's blanket on a few minutes after that because the poor guy was shivering!!

Love it. And it looks cold!
Old 08-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #101
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Poppinsme..

You're Dad was very talented that's a special drawing you have there. My Dad could also draw but leaned toward the cartoons. Happiest memories ever were watching Sat cartoons and both of us drawing. Wish something was kept over the years.

I enjoyed seeing your horses, thanks for sharing Pahsu.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #102
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
okay here's ignorance on my part I had NO idea you got that kind of weather in TX ! BRRrrrrrrrrrrr

Love these guys
We had a horrible winter!!! The first picture was taken Feb 12 after we got a foot of snow on Feb 11th. It wasn't that cold, just a ton of snow! North Texas doesn't usually get that much snow, but we had snow probably 4 or 5 times last winter.

The second picture was Christmas Eve and it was AWFUL!! Dec 23 was 70, and then the temps started to drop fast. DD put Ivan's blanket on when the temps started to drop and before it started to rain/ice, but left Skippy's off because he didn't want to be caught that night. The next day temps were in the 20's with 40 mph winds and snow that made it crazy cold (it felt like it did in North Dakota). Ivan was dry and warm under his blanket and Skippy was wet, cold and shivering like mad. So I brought him into his shed (don't have a barn) and dried him off the best I could and put his blanket on him. I've never seen him look so relieved. Checked him later to make sure he was dry under the blanket and he was warm and dry also!!

Christmas Day, the wind died down, they were warm, so the blankets came off and they were fine!!

Old 08-05-2010, 08:11 AM   #103
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Boy Michelle I feel like I've been living under a rock well in my defense why would I know about TX weather or any other state west of FL? BUT this year now that Fred (DH) is over the road trucker AND my horse buddies are all over the country (some even in other countries) I'll be paying more attention to the weather channel not just my local.

Poor Skippy why do I get the feeling though that Ivan was laughing at him for acting like a fool for not wanting to be caught? Good things you had those blankets!
Best picture of Skippy I've seen so far he's a handsome boy too :-)

Ruthie

Old 08-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #104
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

BriarfoxinWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarfoxinWA View Post
Here are some pics of my mare. I got a little carried away - couldn't find any really good pictures so quantity over quality...

My Dad bought her for my Mom from a horse auction - she was over 300 pounds under weight when we got her. We started out riding her western but I did dressage and she made a pretty good Training/First Level horse until she developed some arthritis in her early 20's...

My DH was part of a mounted Sheriff's posse and used her for a couple of years for that (although they hated each other and he couldn't wait to find another horse to use!)

see now if you hadn't said that I saw the picture and thought they looked so good together

Old 08-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #105
BriarfoxinWA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
see now if you hadn't said that I saw the picture and thought they looked so good together
Oh she just drove him crazy! She didn't like to be "cowboy'd" you had to ride her with a little finesse... when he would take her to parades she would do the most lovely piaffe the entire time. Drove him nuts! She never would just settle down and walk with the rest of the group.

She certainly had an "Appy" personality... one of my old riding instructor's used to say that the Appaloosa was why the indians lost the war

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: