Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #811
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Welcome back everyone!!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #812
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Smile Michelle and Jennasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
Welcome back everyone!!
Glad to see you Michelle I'm glad you are here I've thought of Ivan (& you) very often ! Sorry so much time has passed looking forward to pics & updates

Jennasis: Read about the accident and posted there glad all okay now but I KnOW I would have had to change my pants immediately if it had been me !
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #813
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
I originally started this thread & hope to breathe life back into it
been away from the Disboards for a long time & recently came back
I still have Maxine she turned 6 on Mothers Day I hope to renew friendships I never forgot any of you..hope to,make new friends to so put aside that muck rake sit on a bale of hay & lets talk coffee anyone ?

Ruthie
Welcome back, Ruthie, and everyone!

I've been studying Parelli (don't shoot me, I understand some don't care for this style of horsemanship) since adding a second off-track trotter to my life last July. The second horse is a mare, was 7yo when I got her, is very high energy and had zero experience with rider, trails or anything outside track life. Without the Parelli training and the many new skills added to my toolkit, I'd be dead by now. ('Dead' is an exaggeration, but I'd certainly be very discouraged and likely dominated by this mare.)

She underwent arthroscopic surgery on both front legs last Dec to address bone chips floating in the fetlock joints. She is now 100% on one leg and ~75-95% on the other. Some days she is rideable, some days she is not. We have lots of fun together either way.

I've been doing much less riding this past year and much more groundwork ... but so it goes. On the bright side, I've lost 30 lbs since starting Parelli. (Seems to go with the territory.)

Cheers and welcome back!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #814
MichelleVW

I haven't been taking many pictures lately but he's a funny one of Ivan and my DD this summer. We tried to go trail riding in July which we don't normally do since it's a million degrees outside. But we got up early and headed out...it was a SHORT ride! The heat didn't bother us but the swarms of horse flies did! I've never seen so many, it was awful. I can tolerate a few here and there, but there were no less than 10 swarming the horses the entire time...we tried going different ways, tried to outrun them Lol, and nothing worked so we gave up. (yes, she's wearing sneakers...but she isn't my horse kid and it's all she had).

IMG_2325 by michellevw04, on Flickr
Old 12-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #815
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Ivan

theres the boy gotta admit out of everyone in our group I missed HIM the most
you really should post a warning label when posting of him:
for your comfort and safety please do not have liquid in your mouth...and you may want to go pee ..this has been a public safety announcement

damn horse gets me everytime the only thing missing especially in that first picture is the red clown nose !

and not to ignore your DD she's beautiful
Old 12-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #816
MichelleVW

Quote:
theres the boy gotta admit out of everyone in our group I missed HIM the most
you really should post a warning label when posting of him:
for your comfort and safety please do not have liquid in your mouth...and you may want to go pee ..this has been a public safety announcement

damn horse gets me everytime the only thing missing especially in that first picture is the red clown nose !

and not to ignore your DD she's beautiful
Lol, Ivan is quite the character! He's a good boy too...he will go fast if you want him too, but I can put about anyone on him out on the trails and he takes good care of them.

I was trying to take a picture of DD and Ivan and the goofball just started to yawn!! I had the picture on the left as my facebook profile pic for awhile and the top right goofy one as my iphone background pic for awhile.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #817
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up bwvBound

I enjoyed your post in fact I had a reply, admittedly long to share about Maxine & me Problem is with no internet svc at home I can only post w/cellphone right now Living in bum flippin' egypt (remember TV show Green Acres ?) I keep losing wi-fi signal if try to post more than a paragraph most times Plan to do so tonight at work where there is a strong signal

And No one will shoot you rr-Parelli this is a drama free zone
Old 12-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #818
bwvBound

Quote:
I enjoyed your post in fact I had a reply, admittedly long to share about Maxine & me Problem is with no internet svc at home I can only post w/cellphone right now Living in bum flippin' egypt (remember TV show Green Acres ?) I keep losing wi-fi signal if try to post more than a paragraph most times Plan to do so tonight at work where there is a strong signal

And No one will shoot you rr-Parelli this is a drama free zone
Thanks for the assurance of being "safe" here.

I totally understand the issues of poor or no internet! We have only the slowest (least costly) subscription with HughesNet Satellite at home ... and we limp along the best we can. Yes, I remember the show Green Acres -- I loved it!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #819
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwvBound View Post
Thanks for the assurance of being "safe" here.

I totally understand the issues of poor or no internet! We have only the slowest (least costly) subscription with HughesNet Satellite at home ... and we limp along the best we can. Yes, I remember the show Green Acres -- I loved it!
Just like my barn, we're a drama-free zone here!

Speaking of horsey shows...anyone remember COWBOY U? Mmmmmmm Judd.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #820
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Just like my barn, we're a drama-free zone here!

Speaking of horsey shows...anyone remember COWBOY U? Mmmmmmm Judd.

doesn't ring a bell what about 'Wide Country' ? I think I was pre-teen & was so smitten with Earl Holliman that is until I fell in love with Richard Chamberlain Dr Kildare and then abandoned him for Chad Everett as Dr Joe Gannon in Medical Center and then Richard got me again in The Thornbirds (God forgive my thoughts then ;-) ) and lets not forget Little Joe Cartwright.......I think I'm starting to see a pattern here
Old 12-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #821
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Smile thank you

for putting a smile on my face especially since today was a crap on cracker kind of day got home from work about 8:30 let the dogs out fed the cat and went out to say Hi & take care of Maxine It had rained last night but there had also been heavy fog past week every morning which was throwing moisture looking around the muck is mud there are mushroms starting to sprout & creeping crud is that a fungus starting in her mane
aww Dec in FL a/c during day heat on at night and she's starting to look like a 1500 # chia pet ! I really should take stock in the cimpany that makes Fung-Away & its not even rainy season.....oh & did I mention the 3 giant mosquito bite on my butt ! in December ! Like I said Crap on a Cracker ok gott get ready for work later ladies
Old 12-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #822
bwvBound

Ah, for me the 'Richard Chamberlain' thing started with the 3 Musketeers (1973). I recall my Mom taking me to the theatre for a matinee showing. For her, the draw was Michael York. (Long term, I think she made the better choice.) I loved Shogun and was glued to the set for the Thornbirds mini-series but not so happy with it (him). By the time the series Casanova came out ... I understood ... he had, too.

Sure, I liked Chad Everett's look but didn't watch the show. I was probably watching Emergency! at the time for Randolph Mantooth. Sigh. I'm feeling so old!

I hadn't heard of Cowboy U -- but found it online. I may have to watch an episode -- seems CMT offers it via streaming from their website. That may take awhile given slow internet ...
Old 12-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #823
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Smile happy tuesday all

I basically had a quiet weekend exactly what I needed I was off from work Sat & Sun
met a dear friend for breakfast Sat then headed to DTD to do some Christmas shopping for the family in New York spent the rest of the day just bathing Maxine cleaning the paddock think I nipped that fungus on her mane in the bud before it g
ot too bad Sun headed back to WDW enjoyed a trail ride & then a great meal at EPCOT at the Rose and Crown Pub fish & chips and for dessert figi toffee pudding very rich but so yummy

Speaking of WDW this is still a Dis Board anyone got plans to come ? would love a Disneet

Ruthie
Old 12-20-2012, 04:35 AM   #824
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

busy time of year

thinking of you all and wishing you all a Merry Christmas if we don't speak before then

Ruthie Maxine and the furbabies
Old 12-20-2012, 06:22 PM   #825
bwvBound

Merry Christmas, Ruthie! We have no plans in the near-future for WDW, but do let us know if you make it out to DLR?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: