Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 06:43 PM   #166
Pineapple Whip
Burning My Ears

Welcome to Orlando, have a blast!

DESPERADOS: Because laminated schedules have no place on a vacation.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2522331
Pineapple Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #167
disfamily4ever
Mouseketeer

I don't have real plans, either. Most of our "plans" are subject to change, i.e. dining ressies. We don't plan park visits, either. We just go where we feel and do what comes natural This is the reason our dining plans change. We're not crazy about schedules, sometimes, we don't even go to the park, we enjoy being lazy on vacation and our ds loves the pool. So, it's easy does it here
disfamily4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #168
Pineapple Whip
Burning My Ears

WDW packages

I'm going to ask this here because there seems to be a more rational gathering of folks in here...

I ran some numbers on what a WDW vacation costs, onsite, DDP, parks, etc...

So I ran some numbers for 6 nights / 7 days, family of 6, value resort, kids 12, 10, 6, 2

Seriously??

Old 08-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #169
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple Whip View Post
I'm going to ask this here because there seems to be a more rational gathering of folks in here...

I ran some numbers on what a WDW vacation costs, onsite, DDP, parks, etc...

So I ran some numbers for 6 nights / 7 days, family of 6, value resort, kids 12, 10, 6, 2

Seriously??
Is it crazy expensive? Do you have to book 2 rooms?

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #170
SarRoc1020
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaci-h View Post
Well desperado friends.... the time has come! We fly to Orlando tomorrow at 7am This honeymoon is well deserved, as I have been cleaning all afternoon/evening to the sounds of the music that plays at Cinderella Castle and DH will have been working for 12 hours when we leave our flight. I'm officially ready. I've got my clothes packed, sunscreen, moleskin, shoes, snacks, boarding passes, and Disney ticket vouchers. Isn't that all I need?

We may stop at walmart in the morning before we go to the airport to get some ponchos because I don't like being wet But you know, that plan could change

See you on the other side!
Have a great honeymoon!

2000 CBR ~ 2004 CBR ~ 2006 CBR/AKL ~ 2007 POR/DCL ~ 2009 AKL CL ~ 2011 ASMusic
SarRoc1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #171
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Happy Honeymooning jaci H!
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #172
Pineapple Whip
Burning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
Is it crazy expensive? Do you have to book 2 rooms?
Sorry, I should have specified this was me being curious, not an actual trip. I also don't have any kids and live right outside the WDW gates, but I have a habit of being informed, and family planning etc... for the day when the stork does surprise me with a jar of pickles for the wife, and some excedrin for me.

I was interested in seeing what some people spend on a week at WDW, fully onsite, and going to the parks almost every day. I almost had a heart attack when I saw what Disney was charging. I also had a heart attack when I saw what a year of college tuition costs now... at this rate I won't live to worry about spending on either.

The curiosity came from another thread where a person had 4 kids, and I wondered what a family of 6 spends on a trip to WDW.

I guess I sort of expected a high number, but thought that WDW packages would save money somewhere.

Suffice it to say I felt it better to stay offsite, buy groceries, rent a car, and pick 2 or 3 parks to visit, and the kids would be just as happy.

I'm sorry, but what it boiled down to was a value resort, 2 kids on a sofa bed, 2 sleeping in chairs, 4 days in the parks and dining for between $4000 and $6000 and I ended up spitting out my water all over my laptop. Mind you this was without airfare or a car.

I'm sorry, I love Disney, but at those prices... the magic is starting to lose its luster.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:22 PM   #173
delaneyc52
First trip 1971...

Quote:
Thanks for the cognitive reframe there! Needed a little breath of fresh air. No more dis before nap time.

Mmmmmmmmmm mango margaritas. I will be getting some form of alcohol at the Swolphin pool the moment we check in. I don't care if its only noon.

Thanks for the Desperado support. IDK what happened, but that was a very un-desperado dream!!
Oh how I loveeee that Swolphin pool in the evening....we sneak over there from BWV frequently

Contemporary; Caribbean Beach; Coronado Springs: Polynesian; Wilderness Lodge; Animal Kingdom Jambo; Animal Kingdom Kidani; Boardwalk; Beach Club; Port Orleans; Saratoga Springs; Old Key West; Grand Floridian; Bay Lake Towers; Vero Beach; Hilton Head
delaneyc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #174
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Location: In the land of the Happy People otherwise known as Florida

Hello fellow Desperados!

Just wanted to say 'Hi' to our group.

So I've got my sister coming in to visit next week (of course its not to see me but to see the Mouse). I'm super excited! Her hubbie is a Commando. They've sent me their schedule of where they are eating for each day. DF and I said we'll try to meet up with them somewhere along the way. Part of me is really curious as to how badly commando brother-in-law will get so I'm really tempted to get up early one of the days and 'follow' along. I intend to walk around with a frozen coke to dump on his head should he get too bad.

All in the Golden Afternoon... a TR of the Flower & Garden show at Epcot
-----------------------------------------------
smileycrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #175
EstherS
Mouseketeer

Another Desperado here. Until last year we would just go with the flow on where everyone wanted to do. Last year we planned what parks to visit each day, but that was it. Doing pretty much similar planning for this next trip. Have the touring plans, using it as a guide, but that's it.
April 2009 CSR took Daughter on her first trip to Disney!
Oct 24th - 30th 2010. TRIP CANCELED for medical reason's.
2012 & 2013 trip postponed laid off of my job.

So now planning a trip for 2015 or 2016 depending on when I find a job.
EstherS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:56 PM   #176
jaci-h
If you feel psycho dad needs a frozen coke over his head to cool off... you're a desperado.

Hey Desperado friends... we're back!!! Wish we could be in the world a little longer.

We're looking into investing in DVC (not only for the disney resorts, but for hawaii, vero beach, and hilton head island as well), sort of as a payment plan for our future vacations while we're childless and have the money. So that when we DO have babies, we're not spending 6k on a vacation in one pop and not having any return back besides an empty bank account and (for example, we could sell the investment later on). More on that in my TR later!!

Anyways, starting my TR tomorrow afternoon once I get my photos uploaded

Our very laid back honeymoon was wonderful and included 3 hour naps at midday and waiting in line no longer than 30 mins (anything longer than that was unacceptable... so we didn't ride tower of terror and RNRC... who cares! we'll be back)

hope all my desperado friends are doing well

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. -Walt Disney
jaci-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:33 PM   #177
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Location: In the land of the Happy People otherwise known as Florida

Quote:
Hey Desperado friends... we're back!!! Wish we could be in the world a little longer.

We're looking into investing in DVC (not only for the disney resorts, but for hawaii, vero beach, and hilton head island as well), sort of as a payment plan for our future vacations while we're childless and have the money. So that when we DO have babies, we're not spending 6k on a vacation in one pop and not having any return back besides an empty bank account and (for example, we could sell the investment later on). More on that in my TR later!!

Anyways, starting my TR tomorrow afternoon once I get my photos uploaded

Our very laid back honeymoon was wonderful and included 3 hour naps at midday and waiting in line no longer than 30 mins (anything longer than that was unacceptable... so we didn't ride tower of terror and RNRC... who cares! we'll be back)

hope all my desperado friends are doing well
I can't wait to read your trip report and see some photos. I'm glad you enjoyed your honeymoon.

I agree about the DVC, do it now that you don't have the little ones to worry about. And if not the DVC maybe you can do a timeshare off Disney property. My dad had a timeshare with Orange Lakes when it first opened up. We loved it. I know a lot of people prefer to stay on Disney property but the surronding area for Disney is hurting. Maybe you can snag a good deal on a timeshare. But where ever you choose to do the timeshare /DVC, its a really good investment.

All in the Golden Afternoon... a TR of the Flower & Garden show at Epcot
-----------------------------------------------
smileycrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:12 PM   #178
jaci-h
If you feel psycho dad needs a frozen coke over his head to cool off... you're a desperado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileycrissy View Post
I can't wait to read your trip report and see some photos. I'm glad you enjoyed your honeymoon.

I agree about the DVC, do it now that you don't have the little ones to worry about. And if not the DVC maybe you can do a timeshare off Disney property. My dad had a timeshare with Orange Lakes when it first opened up. We loved it. I know a lot of people prefer to stay on Disney property but the surronding area for Disney is hurting. Maybe you can snag a good deal on a timeshare. But where ever you choose to do the timeshare /DVC, its a really good investment.
hey did you get my PM reply? I looked in my outbox and don't see anything so idk if I actually sent you anything back

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. -Walt Disney
Old 08-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #179
jaci-h

TR started!! here.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #180
Suellen
DIS Veteran

Stalking the Desperados.

I was a type a planner. Then l went just me and my two small girls and poof there was no planning with one adult a 2 year old and a 4 year old.

So last trip with all of us we did QS dining instead of deluxe and we headed to WDW with NO ADR's and NO PLANS at all.

BEST. TRIP. EVER.

No expectations, no time lines, no places to be. It was awesome! We woke up in the morning and asked the girls where they wanted to go. SO much fun.

We are going again in three weeks and have nothing but MNSSHP planned. Everything else is going to be done on a whim.

I am a reformed commando type.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: