Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #1
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Watch Out Orlando, Here Come the Girls!!! Day 3

Cast:

Me: Claire (a.k.a Pinky166) 30 something. Loves all things Disney; shopping; sipping cocktails & spending lots of $$$'s...

Her: Karen (a.k.a CustardTart) 40 something. Loves all things Disney; shopping; sipping cocktails & spending lots of $$$'s...

Monday 7th June 2010

Day 3: Wake Up Call, The Mall & Cocktails For All!!!

I was woken nice & early at 6am by a phone call on my mobile phone, serves me right for forgetting to put it on silent. As I was now wide awake I spent a while chatting via MSN to my hubby. There was a beautiful sunrise this morning so I sat out on the balcony & watched it for a while.....

I can not think of a better way to start the day than watching the rising sun suddenly awaken Cinderella's Castle & Space Mountain, it was like they were coming to life.

Mmm, gorgeous pics Ms Pinky!!!

I had a shower & it wasn't long before I could hear the rumblings RUMBLINGS!!!?? What are you trying to say...??? of Ms Tart next door so I went into to say good morning & we sat chatting & drinking coffee whilst doing some laundry. It was so handy having a washer/dryer as I purposely took very few clothes with me - more space to bring all my shopping home!!!! I loved having the washer/dryer - especially as it was sooo hot & sticky...

It suddenly went quite dark outside and started to rain so we weren't in a great hurry to go out, luckily it only lasted an hour. And very dramatic it was too watching the storm over Bay Lake...

Whilst Karen had a shower, I popped over to the Contemporary to pick up some more of my shopping from yesterday, that I had sent to the resort! (Yes - there were two more huge bags that weren't included in the shopping photo from yesterday - oops!!! ) Of course there were!!!

I also took a few photo's along the way....

I just love that Mary Blair mural...

Once I returned to the room, Karen was ready, we decided to head over to the Mall @ Millenia and spent a good few hours stocking up on Yankee Candles, Bath & BodyWorks & Abercrombie & Fitch goodies. Woohoo!!!

Unfortunately our credit cards started to overheat, so we drove back to BLT, parked the Beast & caught the bus to Downtown Disney. By the time we arrived at Downtown Disney we were starving as we suddenly realised that we had forgotten to eat today..... Well, shopping is our main priority right!!?!?! We were going to have a coffee and cheesecake in the Mall but completely forgot...

So we hot footed it straight to Raglan Road to see if we could bring our 6pm ADR forward about an hour, which we did and were seated immediately. Thank goodness - I was nearly fainting!!!

Continued below...

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

We started with a bottle of Chandon...

Mmmmmmm.... Fizzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... Cheers y'all!!!

It was at this point that I remembered a package I'd collected from the Contemporary Business Centre earlier in the day. A few weeks before I had ordered a couple of matching Pandora charms for Claire and myself as mementos of our trip! And, as they'd arrived, I couldn't resist giving Claire hers - even tho' I should have saved it till her actual birthday... So without ceremony, I pushed a Pandora box over to her. Inside was the only possible charm we could've chosen - the cocktail glass!!!

Thanks hun, it was such a lovely surprise & a perfect reminder of our trip.

Anyway, back to the nosh!!!

Karen had the Chicken Lickin' skewers:

These were great - I will totally have them again...

Whilst I opted for the Dalkey Duo, it really annoys me that you can't get a single portion of these so unfortunately half went to waste but they are my favourite starter here so it has to be done....

For main course Karen went for the Crock 'o' Mussels with a side order of homemade chips:

These were AMAZINGLY tasty - tho' a HUGE portion!!!

I had the Keen Eye for the Sheperds Pie:

By now we were both full up, but since the planning stages of our trip & my recommendation of this restaurant, I had been banging on about the yummy meringue dessert - Dunbrodys Delight, so we decided to share it & I am so glad we did as it was just as nice as I remembered. I am pretty sure Karen enjoyed her first time at Raglan Road too...?

I did. And it's on my ADR list for October with the family as I know they'll love it too!!!

Suitably stuffed we decided to have a walk around Marketplace and do some more shopping! We managed to do the shops we missed yesterday & we also re visited some of the others....namely Days of Christmas! It was here that I had a genius idea but more on that in a day or two.....

Yeah, Clever Claire is never far away...

After a few hours we got the bus back to Bay Lake Towers, dropped our shopping in the room & quickly freshened up before our first adventure to the Top of the World lounge where we had a few nightcaps....

Magical Star cocktail:

We took our place outside on the viewing area just before 10pm and it wasn't long before Summer Nightastic Fireworks started, it was AMAZING (much better than the view we had last night) and it was tonight that we both fell in love with the new fireworks & Top of the World lounge. k:

Oh my!!! I just loved it up here - cannot wait to return in the future... In fact, the whole BLT experience really impressed me!!!

We returned to the lounge afterwards for another few Magical Star cocktails before retiring to bed around 11.30pm. It really was a fab day...

Day 4 will be bought to you soon by Daisy a.k.a CustardTart. Stand by for action!!!

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Love the sunrise photos Claire! I think they are screaming out to be printed on to canvas.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Another great day - I love the Dalkey Duo at Raglan Road too Claire, although I have always fancied trying the scallops too.

Gotta love the TOTW Lounge at BLT
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:41 PM   #5
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

fantastic sunrise piccies and another lovely day

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Fabulous sunrise photos Claire and another lovely day too. The food at Raglan Road looks delish

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:42 PM   #7
buzz for boys
Certified Serious Stitch Stalker

Fab trippie girls !!
I love the banter between the 2 of you and my you 2 know how to shop till you drop.

I absolutly fell in love with teh pics of sunrise waking up Magic Kingdom - amazing pics

buzz for boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #8
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Great pics I can't wait to stay here,!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #9
Tinks1984
We're having a mini party!
I couldn't believe how many there was in the bag!

Loved the matching Pandora's! Great gifts!

Another fab day girls, I hope there's more shopping photo evidence to come, I showed DF earlier and he just laughed when I said that pile was just DAY ONE!
Tinks1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
Kirsteen
DIS Veteran

Woohoo great updates girls!! Love the Minnie/Daisy pics from day 2 and the sunset ones Claire. Love the matching Pandora charms - so pretty and the perfect keepsake for you two Looking forward to day 4 and to finding out what Claire's lightblub moment in the Christmas shop was all about?
Old 07-31-2010, 05:57 AM   #11
Muscateer
DIS Veteran

What a great day you both had. Raglan Road food looks good. A great ending to the day of fireworks and cocktails.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:08 AM   #12
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Perfect end to the day.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:15 AM   #13
PJB71
DIS Veteran

Another great day from start to finish
Old 07-31-2010, 09:57 AM   #14
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

Love the Pandora charm! Must make not so subtle hints about that one.....

BLT looks fab, and what grea views you had too!

WDW, DLP, and DCL cruising since 1996

UKANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:58 PM   #15
jamjar84
DIS Veteran

Just been catching up on your trip. You've taken some lovely pictures Claire.

Glad that you were having such a great time, and shopping til you dropped.
jamjar84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: