Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #31
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran
 
Chropistopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Georgia
Posts: 911

Wow! Sold out already. You all will have some fabulous travel partners in Jeff, Stacy, Lisa, and Paul. I'm a little envious of everyone going on the trip(s) next year...ok, very much envious. You'll have a great time...its an amazing experience.
__________________
Christy

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #32
jimmaher69


Mouseketeer
 
jimmaher69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Posts: 270

Hi guys,

I'm Jim, my wife Laura and I will be making our first trip to DL and my first trip to the state.


This will be our 15th anniversary trip and our first time away from our kids (9 & 7).


We look forward to meeting everyone.
jimmaher69 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #33
Jeff & Stacy in NYC
Mouseketeer
 
Jeff & Stacy in NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtopday View Post
Sold out - boo hoo!

Now I can sit back and live vicariously through Jeff, Stacy, Lisa and Paul who I'd love to travel with again, but will have to be another trip.

Can't wait to see some of those THOUSANDS of photos Lisa!

All those going on this trip - you are going to have an AMAZING trip! But you knew that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Wow! Sold out already. You all will have some fabulous travel partners in Jeff, Stacy, Lisa, and Paul. I'm a little envious of everyone going on the trip(s) next year...ok, very much envious. You'll have a great time...its an amazing experience.
WE WILL MISS YOU SOOO MUCH!!! And we will follow you as you travel to London and Paris and/or the podcast cruise (trust me, we'd go if we could!). We will be thinking of you every single step of the way!! And someday when we are able to go on a podcast cruise, we will definitely get together!!

LOVE YOU!!
__________________
Jeff Stacy Duchess

Jeff & Stacy in NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #34
sshaw10060
DIS Veteran
 
sshaw10060's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oxford, MA
Posts: 1,577

We are so excited to be going. I was doing the math today and I think it is cheaper to buy the Disney Deluxe annual pass for next year. I feel so cool.
__________________
Scott

sshaw10060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #35
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics
 
paulasillars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,751

Passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshaw10060 View Post
We are so excited to be going. I was doing the math today and I think it is cheaper to buy the Disney Deluxe annual pass for next year. I feel so cool.
I'm dithering over an AP for DL - we will use it for 2 days and maybe a bit in Oct and thought about going to Anaheim a few days before the ABD trip starts. I just not sure whether we would have had our fill of DL with just the ABD or not.

Is that a dachshund in your pic?
__________________
Paula in Aotearoa - New Zealand - Middle Earth



paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #36
WebmasterCorey
Still points with two fingers
aka OrlandoTiger
 
WebmasterCorey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 19,193
DISboards Administrator

Excited!! Julie and I are looking forward to the trip, even though we don't what we're doing with the kids yet. Sounds like there's going to be a very lucky nanny in Cali!!
__________________
Find me around the web:


WebmasterCorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #37
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran
 
NitroStitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulasillars View Post
I'm dithering over an AP for DL - we will use it for 2 days and maybe a bit in Oct and thought about going to Anaheim a few days before the ABD trip starts. I just not sure whether we would have had our fill of DL with just the ABD or not.
Having just been on the ABD Backstage Magic trip, I can say that you really don't have time to see all of Disneyland on the tours. It's more about backstage and behind the scenes opportunities, even though we did see a number of attractions during our ABD time. If you do a few days before or after the ABD trip, that will give you more time to do a relaxed tour of the full parks, rather than feeling like you have to close the parks every night to see everything you don't see with the group...like we did!
__________________


I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #38
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran
 
NitroStitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterCorey View Post
Excited!! Julie and I are looking forward to the trip, even though we don't what we're doing with the kids yet. Sounds like there's going to be a very lucky nanny in Cali!!
We're all going to have so much fun on this trip! I'm sure we're all looking forward to touring with you and Julie and Pete and Walter and the rest of the group that's signed up!
__________________


I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #39
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics
 
paulasillars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,751

Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStitch View Post
Having just been on the ABD Backstage Magic trip, I can say that you really don't have time to see all of Disneyland on the tours. It's more about backstage and behind the scenes opportunities, even though we did see a number of attractions during our ABD time. If you do a few days before or after the ABD trip, that will give you more time to do a relaxed tour of the full parks, rather than feeling like you have to close the parks every night to see everything you don't see with the group...like we did!
Ah thanks that helps heaps! That answered my question perfectly! One AP coming up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterCorey View Post
Excited!! Julie and I are looking forward to the trip, even though we don't what we're doing with the kids yet. Sounds like there's going to be a very lucky nanny in Cali!!
We are so excited to have you and Julie joining us! YAY!
__________________
Paula in Aotearoa - New Zealand - Middle Earth



paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:55 PM   #40
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran
 
NitroStitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulasillars View Post
Ah thanks that helps heaps! That answered my question perfectly! One AP coming up
So glad I could help! We were really in a panic once we realized we wouldn't have time to see everything we wanted, and we really pushed ourselves til midnight every night to see more attractions after the ABD portion was done for the day. As it turns out, we were able to see a lot on our final day because we flew out just before midnight that night, but we were totally exhausted. Once I shifted my focus from trying to see it all to just thoroughly enjoying the things we saw in depth and catching whatever else we could, I was less panicked. Of course, we're getting an unexpected second shot at seeing what we missed in just under a year!

If we'd had the ability to schedule extra days, we wouldn't have felt so rushed, and we will probably try to do that in July.
__________________


I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #41
AllyGirl_79
Mouseketeer
 
AllyGirl_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 464

I can't wait for this trip!! I received an envelope full of forms and info from ABD today -- I was so excited I did a little dance by the mailbox.

Looking forward to meeting Corey, Julie and the rest of our travelling buddies!
__________________
Ally

Eli ~ Hockey Nut ~ Stitch Fan

Going to Imagineering with ABD & the Podcast Crew in July/Aug 2011!

Podcast Cruise 2.0 Dec 2010 -- POFQ/CR CL Oct 2010 -- BWI CL Dec 2009 -- Poly Oct 2009 -- FW Cabins Jan 2009 -- WL June 2008 -- DL Hotel April 2008 -- WL/BWI CL/Poly Dec 2007 to Jan 2008 -- CSR Oct 2007 -- GCH Aug 2007 -- Poly/POFQ Nov 2006 -- WL July 2005 -- BC May 2003 -- FW Cabins Feb 2001 -- Disneyland Hotel (Paris) Aug 1999 -- FW Feb 99, May 98, Feb 97, Feb 96, Feb 95, Jan 94, Feb 93, Feb 92, Feb 91 -- Poly March 1990


AllyGirl_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:40 PM   #42
paulasillars
Body in New Zealand, mind in Walt Disney World
Winner of the ABD Potty Olympics
 
paulasillars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,751

Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStitch View Post
So glad I could help! We were really in a panic once we realized we wouldn't have time to see everything we wanted, and we really pushed ourselves til midnight every night to see more attractions after the ABD portion was done for the day. As it turns out, we were able to see a lot on our final day because we flew out just before midnight that night, but we were totally exhausted. Once I shifted my focus from trying to see it all to just thoroughly enjoying the things we saw in depth and catching whatever else we could, I was less panicked. Of course, we're getting an unexpected second shot at seeing what we missed in just under a year!

If we'd had the ability to schedule extra days, we wouldn't have felt so rushed, and we will probably try to do that in July.
There would definitely be some advantages not rushing though - I love the parks but tend to rush from attraction to attraction so knowing we have the luxury of an AP and time, we can stop and smell the roses and enjoy all the little things that make a Disney trip so special. We'd probably leave late on the last day too, flights from LA to Auckland are usually around 9.30pm or 11pm so it gives us another almost full day of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyGirl_79 View Post
I can't wait for this trip!! I received an envelope full of forms and info from ABD today -- I was so excited I did a little dance by the mailbox.
Ooooo mail too! Better keep a watch on my letterbox - though dare say it'll take a little longer to get to me!
__________________
Paula in Aotearoa - New Zealand - Middle Earth



paulasillars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:17 AM   #43
mr. figment
Moving buddy? You can't be serious!
 
mr. figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStitch View Post
So glad I could help! We were really in a panic once we realized we wouldn't have time to see everything we wanted, and we really pushed ourselves til midnight every night to see more attractions after the ABD portion was done for the day. As it turns out, we were able to see a lot on our final day because we flew out just before midnight that night, but we were totally exhausted. Once I shifted my focus from trying to see it all to just thoroughly enjoying the things we saw in depth and catching whatever else we could, I was less panicked. Of course, we're getting an unexpected second shot at seeing what we missed in just under a year!

If we'd had the ability to schedule extra days, we wouldn't have felt so rushed, and we will probably try to do that in July.
Nitro,

I'm thinking of leaving on Sunday after the ABD portion. That should give us all Friday and Saturday to catch up on what we missed on the prior days and tour/soak in the parks. Do you think that sounds like enough time?
__________________
Kevin Z -
ABD 2011 - Kermit hands!!!

mr. figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #44
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran
 
NitroStitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. figment View Post
Nitro,

I'm thinking of leaving on Sunday after the ABD portion. That should give us all Friday and Saturday to catch up on what we missed on the prior days and tour/soak in the parks. Do you think that sounds like enough time?
That should probably be enough time for most people. I think Pete was saying on the podcast that they stayed 3 extra days this time, and 2 were probably enough. You really do get exhausted after all the touring and all the incredible experiences! It's a good problem to have.
__________________


I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #45
Jeff & Stacy in NYC
Mouseketeer
 
Jeff & Stacy in NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStitch View Post
We're all going to have so much fun on this trip! I'm sure we're all looking forward to touring with you and Julie and Pete and Walter and the rest of the group that's signed up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroStitch View Post
So glad I could help! We were really in a panic once we realized we wouldn't have time to see everything we wanted, and we really pushed ourselves til midnight every night to see more attractions after the ABD portion was done for the day. As it turns out, we were able to see a lot on our final day because we flew out just before midnight that night, but we were totally exhausted. Once I shifted my focus from trying to see it all to just thoroughly enjoying the things we saw in depth and catching whatever else we could, I was less panicked. Of course, we're getting an unexpected second shot at seeing what we missed in just under a year!

If we'd had the ability to schedule extra days, we wouldn't have felt so rushed, and we will probably try to do that in July.
We agree with you on both of these posts! We are so excited to see Pete and Walter again, as well as meeting Julie and Corey!

We also feel the same about making the most of our time in the parks. Years ago we gave up the "commando" plan in favor of leisurely touring and saving something for the next time. This time we enjoyed being with the ABDers so much that we wanted to do as much with them as possible. So now we are contemplating adding at least one night to the end of the trip. We haven't decided yet. Lisa, what are you and Paul going to do?
__________________
Jeff Stacy Duchess

Jeff & Stacy in NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: