Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
stubby
Mouseketeer

Family of 5 Take on DL Oct 1-4 *TR finished* Pics still to come

I am really gonna try and update this as much as I can...but since I no longer have internet access at work it will probably be hit and miss.

Ok so let's get this party started:

THE CAST
Me-35 Have been to DL only one other time(4 years ago) and was only for 1 day.
DH-30 Has been multiple times as a child and young adult
Oldest DD-9-was only 5 on our last trip has vague memories-is NOT a girly girl and acts much older than she really is so will prob not be impressed by characters
Middle DD-7-No memories from previous trip-a total girly girl and some of the characters she will like some she won't care about
Youngest DD-5-was only 1 last trip-so this will be like her first trip-she is kinda girly-will LOVE the characters

THE PLAN
We plan on arriving around 3pm on Friday the 1st. If Disney still has the ParkHoppers 3 for 5 we will check into our hotel and then head straight to DL. It will be a MHP night and we do not have tickets so when they close DL if they don't keep DCA open we are going to Tortilla Jo's in DTD and then back to the hotel to swim...if they keep DCA open then we will go there til they close.
Saturday will be our MM day. And then Sunday and Monday we are planning on getting there at opening. Hoping to open and close the parks all 3 days. But, last time we left around 10 because we were getting tired and crabby. So we will see.
Right now we have NO dining plans(since Disney seems to be dragging their feet...although I am not sure we will do anything character wise anyway.)
We are also not doing F! or WOC(if they have it) or anything else along those lines because this is a budget trip(planning another trip for the family in April to visit family and trying to save for it) and w/ 3 kids things like these are NOT cheap....and to tell the truth the kids prefer the rides over the shows.

I feel like 2 months is plenty of time to take care of everything but I am also a procrastinator...so I know it is NOT.

Well, on that note..I think I better stop procrastinating and get ready for work.

Last edited by stubby; 10-06-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: update
stubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby View Post
Right now we have NO dining plans(since Disney seems to be dragging their feet...although I am not sure we will do anything character wise anyway.)
We are also not doing F! or WOC(if they have it) or anything else along those lines because this is a budget trip(planning another trip for the family in April to visit family and trying to save for it) and w/ 3 kids things like these are NOT cheap....and to tell the truth the kids prefer the rides over the shows.
I'm on board, will be there right after you... you know you can do F! and WOC for free right? Or at the least F! for free and get the picnics for WOC--which are very reasonable, and not much more than you'd pay for a meal anyway...

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Mommy2PrincessAbby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2010, 01:18 AM   #3
stubby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
I'm on board, will be there right after you... you know you can do F! and WOC for free right? Or at the least F! for free and get the picnics for WOC--which are very reasonable, and not much more than you'd pay for a meal anyway...
Yeah but my kids and dh are not the type to spend riding time sitting and waiting in one place to see a show...shoot I bet we won't even sit and watch the fireworks any of the nights we are there.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
stubby
Mouseketeer

Update

Have decided if the hours stay the same as they are for September we will do MM on Sunday. Thinking that we don't really want to get up at 7 on Sat...and also hoping that all the Gay Days people will sleep in on Sunday.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:54 AM   #5
stubby
Mouseketeer

Update

I think someone is trying to stop this trip to DL. Last week the kids went back to school. I had budgeted a certain amount for this and of course...I went over...ALOT. They wanted so many extra things(the school not the kids) that I spent a lot more than what I planned. And now this afternoon the air conditioning went out in our car...we live in the desert...there is NO WAY we can do w/out. So now I am going to have to have that fixed.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #6
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Hope things are working out for you!!

Walt's Park:Two trips as a kid, stayed off-site. Oct '07, 4 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. May '08, 5 days "girls only trip" @ GCH dm, dd & I. May '09, 6 days @ DLH, dh, dd & I. October '10, 5 day trip, dd and I @ PPH. And 6 days at PPH--December 5-10, 2012 for all 3 of us!

OMG--dare I say it? We went to the World!! Split Stay! CSR May 6-10 and AKL Savannah View May 10-13, 2014 (with a dash of the Darkside thrown in for good measure the 13th & 14th.)
Old 08-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #7
Mommy2PrincessAbby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby View Post
Yeah but my kids and dh are not the type to spend riding time sitting and waiting in one place to see a show...shoot I bet we won't even sit and watch the fireworks any of the nights we are there.
Well, you may not have to worry about the fireworks... unless they decide to show something else on non-party nights, Hallowishes (or whatever the Halloween fireworks are called) will only be on trick-or-treat party nights anyway... I can't got to DL without fireworks or Fantasmic... its just about our only downtime, so I look forward to it!

Old 08-09-2010, 11:58 PM   #8
stubby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2PrincessAbby View Post
Hope things are working out for you!!
Thank you...actually getting a little better. Apparently the air is working again...not sure how or for how long but at least it didn't go out.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #9
stubby
Mouseketeer

Time for another update...
We have changed plans a little. Instead of just doing 3 days we are going to add Friday night also. We are now going to be leaving at 7am so should be at the park by 2pm. That will give us at least 4 hours in Disney before they close for the Halloween stuff. After the park closes we are going to Tortilla Jo's for dinner.
We are getting so excited...just wish they would do an update on Disneyland's website.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #10
Tablefor5
Mouseketeer

You are there right when I leave. I love the HalloweenTime. We aren't doing the party this year though. Sounds like you have a great trip planned so far. Good Luck on keeping the "extra" expenses out of the way. I can relate with my kids just starting back to school also and all that additional cost besides school supplies. I just wrote so many checks for school pics, yearbooks, donation drive etc...I think we may be broke soon Glad I got our tixs already!

My girls and me meet Jack & Sally
Tablefor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #11
wjgoodman
Earning My Ears

Sounds like you got your vacation nice and planned out to me hehe. i know what you me about the kids not sitting still, my girls just want to run around and do everything at once, and i must remind them we are in DL for 5 days.
I think im planning my trip right around the same time as yours, the weather should be pretty decent.

good luck with your vacation!
wjgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #12
stubby
Mouseketeer

Update again

Wanted to give a brief update...
made our ressies for Tortilla Jo's. We are gonna eat there Friday night at 7 after Disneyland closes.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:50 PM   #13
stubby
Mouseketeer

Have been stressing on the money situation...just bought new cells and now have a bill for that as well as a bill that came back to haunt me and my dd 5's kinder bill...so things are gonna be tighter. Was thinkin about takin a day off our trip...won't save a lot on tickets but on hotel and food we would save...and dh could go back to work instead of takin off which is costing us a small fortune. But I think we are just gonna have to be broke because we would have to give up Monday and since I thiink it will be the slowest day of our trip I am not willing to salvage it.
The trip is only 6 weeks 2 days away but feels so far off...and I know it's gonna sneak up on us fast. I just want it to get here already!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:35 PM   #14
stubby
Mouseketeer

Just noticed the hours for our trip are all up now...looks like we will be doing our MM on Saturday after all. Was thinking of doing Sunday since I had heard it would be a 9 am opening but that does not look like the case so we will be gettin there early early Sat morning...here's hopin all the Gay Days people sleep in!
Old 08-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #15
stubby
Mouseketeer

Getting so excited I can't stand it....and still over 5 weeks. Been working on planning out our days as best I can.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: