Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #91
zumbergc
DIS Veteran

I loved your MK pictures, you know who your dps photographer was?

Thanks.
Connie
Old 03-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #92
neener3
Mouseketeer

Best. Day. Ever.

People kept telling Philip that he would be so nervous the day of the wedding that he'd be sick to his stomach and wouldn't be able to eat. Well, let me tell you...he hopped out of bed at 6:30, declared that he was "so excited!" and went off to get breakfast before he went golfing.

The golfing is a sore spot with me, and will remain so...well, forever. You see, Philip doesn't golf. He fishes. To illustrate that point, he does own a set of clubs (cheap) because he used to go to the driving range. We've lived together for 3 years. He hasn't used them since we moved in together. He could fish all day and be super content. We've spent many a day fishing on the shore by where he grew up, him with his fishing pole, me with my book. I don't touch fish unless I'm cooking them. He's always wanted to go on a guided fishing excursion at Disney. I knew he wouldn't book it himself, so I went on a flurry of emailing the guys going on the trip, calling his Dad, making sure that everyone would go, making sure that people would chip in on the cost. Never said a word to Philip. Emailed his brother, made sure he knew about it (his brother was our best man). The last email I got from his brother was that it sounded good, and Philip would love it. I even called and booked it. Literally DAYS after I booked it, Philip turns to me and tells me that his brother booked a morning of golf for them the morning of the wedding.

I'm still seething about it. Philip doesn't golf. Philip doesn't like to golf. His brother likes to golf. I'm still mad. Can you tell?

I didn't say anything to Philip about it right away because I didn't want to start anything, but I eventually lost my mind about it close to the trip. If his brother wanted to do something with him, how abouts we try something that he enjoys? Philip never asks for anything, and never does anything for himself. He actually didn't believe me at first that I had arranged it all and his brother went behind my back. I showed him the emails. He's not happy about it. In order to not start a fight before the wedding, I quietly canceled the fishing excursion before I told Philip about it.

I hesitated about putting this on the internets where family could potentially find it, but you know what? Whatever. It wasn't fair, and frankly, it's nothing new. And it upsets me.

Now where was I...
Philip went golfing.

I kind of stayed in bed half awake until about 7:30 when I gave up. Got up, showered, made sure my jewelry was all in order and all that.

At promptly 9 a.m Patricia LeJeune knocked on my door. I liked her immediately, which was a relief. You know when you just meet someone and like them? I was also thankful that I had cleared off our table for her station lol. My girls showed up and I gave them their gifts (pearl studs). I was super happy that I had taken the time to write personal cards for them, and super happy that Patricia had started working on me when they read them so that I wasn't watching them cry! I had pictures of what I wanted, and she still took the time to ask me "So you want this? And your part here? And in the middle or to the side? Etc".

Thought about sending my MOH like this:

Good thing we put on makeup....

Yes, I do realize that I am inside, thank you.

My bridesmaids didn't have pictures, so one described what she wanted and the other said "do whatever!". Patricia kept commenting on how calm and zen we were. I think she was waiting for me to crack!

After getting ready, we realized that my dress was in my MOH's room because we hadn't wanted Philip to see it but didn't want it in the bag the whole time. We decided to get dressed over in her room instead of lugging it back over to mine and wasting time. THAT was a mistake. Grrrrrrr. Oh, and while we were slaving over getting ready? This is what the boys were doing (after a hard morning of golf):

Men have it so easy.

Last edited by neener3; 03-03-2011 at 04:47 PM.
neener3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #93
neener3
Mouseketeer

Photobucket and the DIS combined are making me look like this:

Nothing will resize. I give up today.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #94
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

Quote:
Originally Posted by neener3 View Post

I have this problem, too. Quite a bit. But, it's ok. Big pictures are still pictures.

Can't wait to see more!
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #95
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Awwww it's ok! I say the bigger the better!

LOL... your golfing story makes me laugh because I used to live in Myrtle Beach- which is known for their golf and seafood.... both...I cannot stand...
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #96
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyShamrock View Post
I have this problem, too. Quite a bit. But, it's ok. Big pictures are still pictures.

Can't wait to see more!
It's so annoying! And now I see that it did resize, but one of the pictures disappeared. UUGGGGGHH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw33t_angel View Post
Awwww it's ok! I say the bigger the better!

LOL... your golfing story makes me laugh because I used to live in Myrtle Beach- which is known for their golf and seafood.... both...I cannot stand...
Hahahhaa you lived in the wrong place!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #97
neener3
Mouseketeer

Best day ever part 2

When I left off, we were hopping over to my MOH's room to get dressed. I sent the girls ahead of me to be a scout so that we wouldn't run into DH on the way. With the all clear, we scurried through! We ran into a bunch of DH's family and they went a flurry taking pictures before I shut the door to the room.

Luckily, my mom was in a connecting room next to my MOH, so we were able to just open the doors. She started crying the minute the door opened. I was having none of that, and sternly told her to pull herself together! About this time, we realized that all I had to eat so far was some grapes. We sent Amanda's bf off on a French Fry mission, and started getting me into the dress!

Shoving French Fries into my face while the girls lace me up...

Those fries were SO good. LOL.
My ladies laced me up, and then I realized I was a bit...er...jiggly up top, shall we say. So they did it again. Thanks girls!

Once I was ready, it was time for the girls to perfect their looks.

This is when people started knocking on our door. I refused to answer. They kept knocking. I refused to answer. I made my mom go out HER door to check to see who it was. It was DH's family. They wanted to take pictures of me. Umm....no. I don't think it was unreasonable of me to not want pictures taken at that point, or to want a little alone time with my girls and my mom. My mom reported that they seemed a tad bit disgruntled at her statement that the door would not be opened. I suppose I could have been more clear in my wishes about that beforehand, but I figured it was pretty standard? Anyone? Ah well.

My mom did a little last minute steaming to the midsection, and we were ready to go!

This very flattering shot of me is what my mom lovingly calls "The bridezilla shot"

Superstars.

We sent my little bro ahead to ensure that the other half of the party had gotten into their limo/van. They were all gone! We had soooo many people congratulating me and just staring in general hahaha. I'm not a very spotlight person, but man I enjoyed this throughout the day!

Once in the limo, I took the whole back with my dress. It really is a short ride over to the Boardwalk from Pop!

We had to wait a bit in the limo at the Boardwalk because DH was getting pictures done inside. Karen came out to meet us and took us inside where we only waited a few minutes for Regina. We grabbed our flowers, which I wasn't too impressed with, but I'll review them later.

Bridesmaids' bouquets...6 gerber daisies, white and pink, $60.00 each:

Mine...included in the Escape package. VERY heavy!

My bridesmaid loved the hidden Mickey

At this point, Regina took me for some photos with my mom and brother, and she took some pictures with my girls. Then she took me around for some solo pictures. The girls tell me that my mom was falling apart here, which I was so not aware of hahahaha. They did a good job of blocking her from my view!

When we were finished, we headed out the back door. One elderly man shouted out "It's not too late!!!!!" and on the way down the boardwalk another let out "Ohhhhh nooooo!" We walked by a little girl who let out a gasp and said "She's soooo beautiful...she looks just like Barbie!!!" All of that kept us laughing right up to Sea Breeze Point. I wasn't really going for Barbie, but I'll take it!

Up next: The Ceremony.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:26 AM   #98
I'm.a.Disney.Bride
Earning My Ears

your TR is sooo good so far I love the Barbie comment! haha I can't wait for more...and I can't wait for June!!!...and no, I don't think you are unreasonable at all for not wanting the DF's family to see you...it's supposed to be a surprise!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 01:24 AM   #99
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Location: Overland Park, KS...recently moved from Orlando area

I love how you are reporting the details in such a funny, real life way. I can just picture that old man telling you it's not to late. I would have laughed so hard at that, lol. The Barbie comment is so cute. I had a few little girls tell me the sweetest things on my wedding day and I just loved it so much because you know they are being honest!

I also agree that the family should not have been trying to take pics of you before the wedding, I mean it's supposed to be a surprise for guests, excluding your bridal party and parents.
Deb loves Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:42 PM   #100
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm.a.Disney.Bride View Post
your TR is sooo good so far I love the Barbie comment! haha I can't wait for more...and I can't wait for June!!!...and no, I don't think you are unreasonable at all for not wanting the DF's family to see you...it's supposed to be a surprise!!!
Thank you! I'll be honest, we're totally and utterly depressed to be home, so it's kind of hard to keep going with the TR lol. I've been too busy pricing out trips in November to go too quickly on this thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb loves Disney View Post
I love how you are reporting the details in such a funny, real life way. I can just picture that old man telling you it's not to late. I would have laughed so hard at that, lol. The Barbie comment is so cute. I had a few little girls tell me the sweetest things on my wedding day and I just loved it so much because you know they are being honest!

I also agree that the family should not have been trying to take pics of you before the wedding, I mean it's supposed to be a surprise for guests, excluding your bridal party and parents.
Thanks! I'm a pretty candid person, so I guess it's coming through

I appreciate you both agreeing with me about DH's family thing...he didn't think it was such a big deal. Men. But NOW it exemplifies how things would have been had we not changed rooms, right???
Old 03-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #101
neener3
Mouseketeer

When we left off, the old men were yelling at me to save myself and the little girls were in awe.

We were quite the procession walking up to Sea Breeze Point. I just watched the video, and DH's family was all teasing him that I was taking so long because I went into the bakery for a snack because bakery goods were more important than the wedding! They DO know me, I love baked goods hahaha. Really, I was on the way! But it's a bit of a walk

I started to notice that people were out of their seats and on the grass in front of the gazebo taking my picture as I walked up. I just chuckled to myself and let Karen deal with it. Guess which side it was? Heh.

Rev. Jack had DH turned so that he couldn't see any of this going on.
And doesn't he look thrilled about THAT???

We lined up to the side and before I knew it, my bridesmaids were walking. This was it!

When the music changed to "So This is Love", my mom and I started walking...and she started talking. About how proud of me she was and how she was always proud, but so incredibly happy for me...and she was crying, and I kind of stopped and said:

"Mom. Thanks and all...but...please stop talking."

OOPS!!!
My poor mom. I think I shocked her into stopping though! I desperately didn't want to turn the corner to walk up the aisle and have DH's first view of me being a sobbing mess. We made it up and he made an appropriate exclamation of how pretty I was.

When my mom left us up front and I went to join DH, I tripped! That is SO me. DH just rolled his eyes at me and laughed.

After this, I can't remember a thing. Not because I have a bad memory, but because I wasn't paying attention! ACK! I couldn't focus for the life of me. Well, let's correct that. I remember thinking:

"Man, he looks handsome in his suit. Heeeyyy, check out the cake table, looks good. So that's the clouding everyone talks about? Hmm, I don't see what's so offensive about it? Oh, the water looks pretty today. Man, we're lucky to have such a beautiful day. Holy, if it gets much hotter I'm going to be sweating majorly in this dress. Ooooo, a boat! Oh, I hope it doesn't honk and interrupt Rev. Jack. Oh man...is that sniffling my mom crying AGAIN? Someone get her a kleenex...Philip looks angry. I wonder why he looks angry?"

(Philip told me later that he was trying to PAY ATTENTION AND CONCENTRATE on what Rev. Jack was saying. I'm glad one of us was, because I could have agreed to be the Queen of Sheeba and cut off all of my hair for all I know.)

I snapped out of it when I realized it was almost my time to say something.
We both made it through our vows, each stopping at the exact same spot to take a huge breath and in an effort to compose ourselves.

There was a kiss, and we were pronounced husband and wife. Rev. Jack PUSHED us down the aisle hahahahaa.

It was so simple, easy, and quick, just the way I wanted it.
I'll leave you with what I call "What IS this?!?!?!"

Still to come: Cake, champagne, Chef Mickey's, a transportation nightmare...and dance moves.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #102
DisneyShamrock
I would do anything for love, run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, never lie to you and that's a fact....

Quote:
I'll leave you with what I call "What IS this?!?!?!"

You already had me teary and chuckling quietly, but I lost it at this picture...in the middle of class! It's just too cute.
Updated 9/12/2013: Our Wishes Wedding~11/7/2013~WP/WHR~Updated 9/19: Tuxes & BM dresses

My Disney Vacations: 1994 - 1996 - 1998 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 (Twice) - 2002 - 2003 - 2004 - 2005
2009 - 2010 - Dec 2012 (1st MVMCP) - May 2013 (Planning Session) - Nov 2013 (Wedding)

Future Trips: ? Disneyland May 2014 ?
DisneyShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #103
sw33t_angel
DIS Veteran

Quote:

After this, I can't remember a thing. Not because I have a bad memory, but because I wasn't paying attention! ACK! I couldn't focus for the life of me. Well, let's correct that. I remember thinking:

"Man, he looks handsome in his suit. Heeeyyy, check out the cake table, looks good. So that's the clouding everyone talks about? Hmm, I don't see what's so offensive about it? Oh, the water looks pretty today. Man, we're lucky to have such a beautiful day. Holy, if it gets much hotter I'm going to be sweating majorly in this dress. Ooooo, a boat! Oh, I hope it doesn't honk and interrupt Rev. Jack. Oh man...is that sniffling my mom crying AGAIN? Someone get her a kleenex...Philip looks angry. I wonder why he looks angry?"

LOL this is too cute!! I have a feeling I might be in this same boat....
sw33t_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #104
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

Amazing pics!!! Cant wait to see more!!!!!!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #105
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw33t_angel View Post
LOL this is too cute!! I have a feeling I might be in this same boat....
LOL it was so bad. I'm glad I read the ceremony beforehand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyShamrock View Post
You already had me teary and chuckling quietly, but I lost it at this picture...in the middle of class! It's just too cute.
Hahaha sorry! I love that picture; it's very real lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn View Post
Amazing pics!!! Cant wait to see more!!!!!!
Thanks! These are all just candids since we don't have the high res cd yet, but they do the trick!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: