Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2011, 11:04 PM   #76
neener3
Mouseketeer

It's late.

Three things:

1.) I can't stop staring at our pictures. I put on sappy love songs, put my headphones in, and let 'em roll. So narcissistic! I need to go back to work. AND am dreading it all at the same time.

2.) Today Philip turned to me and sighed ever so dramatically. He says..."I wish Halifax had a dining plan. Sigh."

3.) Last night during our ever so healthy supper of A&W (totally making me a liar about our healthy eating...whatever. I swear I went to zumba right afterwards and regretted every bite of that burger), Philip thanked me for the best day of his life. And here I thought he was the one who gave it to me. This must be what they call the honeymoon stage.
neener3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #77
Bewitch324
DIS Veteran

Oh that is the sweetest thing!!!
Bewitch324 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2011, 01:56 PM   #78
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

I'm late to the party but I'm loving your TR and pictures!

I completely feel your pain about asking for distance from the other people. I went to WDW with my boyfriend and my parents in 2008. I had spent forever on hold months before the trip to request not to be close to them (we were a long distance couple and I saw my parents every day). We were staying at the WL and when we checked in our rooms weren't ready but I made sure to say that I didn't care where we were just please not right next to my parents (I really didn't mind but my bf didn't want them to be able to hear every conversation as Disney's walls are so thin or my Dad prank knocking on our door constantly). We get a text with our room assignments and we are literally in the room right next to my parents. I called the front desk from my cell phone in Epcot and was put on hold for 32 minutes before the CM (who I deemed the snarkiest CM in all of Disney) finally found us another room and so "cheerfully" helped us. It took me awhile to let it go and continue to enjoy the day. Ugh .

Can't wait to read more!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #79
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitch324 View Post
Oh that is the sweetest thing!!!

He has his moments I still think he's trying to make up for the poncho incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
I'm late to the party but I'm loving your TR and pictures!

I completely feel your pain about asking for distance from the other people. I went to WDW with my boyfriend and my parents in 2008. I had spent forever on hold months before the trip to request not to be close to them (we were a long distance couple and I saw my parents every day). We were staying at the WL and when we checked in our rooms weren't ready but I made sure to say that I didn't care where we were just please not right next to my parents (I really didn't mind but my bf didn't want them to be able to hear every conversation as Disney's walls are so thin or my Dad prank knocking on our door constantly). We get a text with our room assignments and we are literally in the room right next to my parents. I called the front desk from my cell phone in Epcot and was put on hold for 32 minutes before the CM (who I deemed the snarkiest CM in all of Disney) finally found us another room and so "cheerfully" helped us. It took me awhile to let it go and continue to enjoy the day. Ugh .

Can't wait to read more!
Welcome to the party! Yes, it was quite the debacle. I refrained from being on of THOSE people who screamed "Do you know how much money we've thrown at Disney for this trip?!?!?". Thankfully.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:56 AM   #80
neener3
Mouseketeer

Day 3 - Islands of Adventure, sleeping on the sidewalk, sickness.

Day three started with excitement, as we were off to see Hogsmeade and Hogwarts after being taunted for years of trying to peek over the walls! Our last trip two years ago was supposed to be our "last trip." So we were devastated when it wasn't ready! I mean thoroughly sad; we're big Harry Potter fans here. As in, we're nerds and we quote it. Yep.

Fifteen of us were off to the park today. Philip's dad, stepmom, my aunt and uncle, and another uncle opted out. I called Mears and booked two 8 passenger vans to take us. I think it was 48 dollars each van, each way. We changed the drop off to DTD on the way back, and they were quite accommodating. The vans were early for both pick ups.

When entering the park I realized that while I remembered the paper with our confirmation number for our tickets, I forgot my visa to prove it was me that bought them. Thankfully I had I.D on me! After that little hiccup, everyone had to pee. It's a production with a big group that you just need to go with, and go when everyone else goes.

Then it was off to the races! Er...Hogsmeade.
This is at about 9:15 a.m. You need to get there early.

After poking around in the stores a bit and explaining to everyone there's a REASON why the shops are so small, we ushered everyone over to Forbidden Journey. Everyone. Probably not the best choice for everyone, but whatever! SO. COOL.

I tried the password, but it didn't work.

Honestly, I enjoyed the queue as much as the ride, so if you're not in for the intensity, go through the queue and then just exit while others ride. It's worth it! I won't say anything else about it hahahaa.

I rode the flight of the hippogriff with the little bro, who was getting brave after the forbidden journey. Then it was more poking around, and off to Dueling Dragons! Er....Dragon Challenge. The ride was more or less a walk on. Get there early. The queue is pretty different; lots of cool stuff to look at. The ride is the same though. Some moron had a camera out so they held us at the top...eerrrggh.

After lunch and some frozen butterbeer...yummmmmm, we were off to Jurassic Park.

Another pee break, and we were walking on to the flume ride. Again, my brother was brave! Although I made him sit on the end in case he puked. We all wore our disney ponchos and got ridiculed by the team members! But we didn't get wet.

The rookies checking the maps.

It was warming up, so we were off to Bilbo's Barge! My brother, mom, and I loved it so much that we rode twice, and they just let us stay on since there was NO LINE. See, get to WWOHP early, then while everyone else is there later on you can ride everything else. I had it under control. Someone took a pic of everyone in their ponchos, but I don't have it so I'll have to add it later.

A lot of people went to Dr. Doom's fearfall after Spiderman (where we encountered REALLY drunk, obnoxious people in line...nice.), but I don't do that. Philip hit up the arcade, and I....went to sleep on the sidewalk. Seriously. I was losing steam! I opted out of the Hulk too, because I get knocked around too much on it and end up with a headache every time. Grammie went on it though hahahaha. Instead, Callum and I opted for something a little more low key. Over and over and over.

We all meandered over to Suess Landing and Poseidon to finish off the day. Hobbled to the vans and were off to Raglan Road! The vans dropped us at the right exit, so we were able to walk as little as possible lol. Everyone else straggled in....slooooowwwwwllllllly.

They took us in late.
We had a little room off to the side, which was nice for noise reduction but some people complained that they couldn't see the live music so it took away from the experience. Can't please everyone! My MOH and I split calamari, which was pretty good. I had virtually no appetite, so I figured I should just get a chicken caesar...can't go wrong, right? Wrong. It was gross. I ate about 3 bites. The people who brought out our food were rude. As in, pretty much threw our plates on the tables or thrust the plates at us for us to grab them and set them on the table. The manager came through a few times to see if we were okay. We were okay, and that's about it. I started not feeling well, Philip's brother started not feeling well, and my bridesmaids and I passed out on the benches. Not our finest moment.

I got up to go to the bathroom and nearly lost my supper, and ended up running out of the restaurant. Philip's brother also had to leave. Two of our tables got bills and had them settled before the last table even got their dessert. Philip packed his entire dinner up because he wasn't hungry, but when he got home his meat was ALL fat. Gross. Anyway, we booked it for the bus, where I ended up standing and praying that I wouldn't erm, vomit on anyone. On the bus Philip told me we should cancel Sea World plans for the next day and relax. Savior. We told his family and they didn't say much about it and decided to go alone. We needed to sleep before the wedding day.

I don't know if it was exhaustion or the food, honestly. I will say that I NEVER feel sick to my stomach like this, especially so soon after eating. Nor does Philip's brother. We've done a lot of trips gung ho all the way, parks everyday, and being tired makes me cranky, not sick. So who knows. Our last trip, Raglan Road was much better.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #81
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

I haven't been reading or posting much - but I just looked your photos - they are GORGEOUS! Seriously great pics. You must be so happy...and I hear you on the narcissistic thing, because I have my pics on a digital photo frame on my desk at work and I gaze lovingly at them all the time...
daisygirl902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:31 AM   #82
Disney_Alli
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous Photos!

Wow! I loved all of you photos they turned out so beautifully! (And can I say as a bridesmaid/maid-of-honor that got to wear a fabulous dress I loved your choices as well!)

The rest of the trip sounds great too can't wait to read more about it!!!

Lots of Pixie Dust
Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:14 AM   #83
disbabyndaddy
Mickey & Minnie's Best Friends

Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neener3 View Post
Getting married at Disney was the best decision we ever made. Except for saying "I will", you know.

Oh, and the pictures.

Have fun looking. Let me know your thoughts. Reading comments makes me giggle a little, and like I said...serious post vacation syndrome going on here.

Your wedding photos are beautiful -- thank you so much for sharing. And that first "castle shot"...absolutely breathtaking!! It looks like a painting! I couldn't stop looking at it. Unbelieveable.

All of the MK shots are so much fun. I especially like the one where you're walking up to the castle, your DH is looking at you, and you're looking over your shoulder at the photographer. SO charming!

The fireworks were cool too, what a neat experience. I love the one where you're watching the fireworks, and there are green, pink and orange ones in the air...very, very cool.

Congratulations!! What a magical experience!

Fort Wilderness 2007
Wilderness Lodge 2008
Port Orleans Riverside 2009
Disneyland & California Adventure 2010
disbabyndaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #84
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Alli View Post
Wow! I loved all of you photos they turned out so beautifully! (And can I say as a bridesmaid/maid-of-honor that got to wear a fabulous dress I loved your choices as well!)

The rest of the trip sounds great too can't wait to read more about it!!!
Thank you! Their dresses are actually just from a regular store in town - honestly they weren't much cheaper, about 50 dollars. But they certainly can re-wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disbabyndaddy View Post
Your wedding photos are beautiful -- thank you so much for sharing. And that first "castle shot"...absolutely breathtaking!! It looks like a painting! I couldn't stop looking at it. Unbelieveable.

All of the MK shots are so much fun. I especially like the one where you're walking up to the castle, your DH is looking at you, and you're looking over your shoulder at the photographer. SO charming!

The fireworks were cool too, what a neat experience. I love the one where you're watching the fireworks, and there are green, pink and orange ones in the air...very, very cool.

Congratulations!! What a magical experience!

Thanks so much! I love sharing lol.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:05 AM   #85
neener3
Mouseketeer

After many phone calls to inform everyone that we were definitely not going to Sea World, we were able to crash that night and not wake up until 11 a.m. Bliss. Seriously.

We meandered over for breakfast. Philip is seriously missing our daily breakfasts of yogurt/granola, a muffin, fresh fruit, and juice. Apparently it's just not the same at home.

After breakfast, we headed down to the computer pool, where we found my mom, brother, bridesmaids, + 1 husband and 1 boyfriend. My bridesmaid had just gotten pooped on by a bird...she was also pooped on the day before at IOA. Poor girl! We ducked behind her every time we saw a bird from then on.

We constructed a rough plan of lounging by the pool, swimming, and maybe mini-golf later on. Tough stuff. Some of us slathered on sunscreen...and some didn't. You'll be able to tell who did and didn't in the wedding pictures lol!

After some serious lounging, it was time to pretend that we belonged at another resort. Although we did fight some indecision as we walked by Hollywood Studios and saw how dead the parking lot was! I regretted our commitment to stick to our plan when we came back to HS Saturday and saw the HUGE crowds.

Alas, we WERE there to mini-golf, so we continued on.

We split up girls vs. guys; it was a perfect before wedding day event. We were quite relaxed, at our own pace, and just having a good time. Until we got the the second last hole with the water, one of the guys ran through and tumbled. He's 6'4. He fell HARD and broke his watch. His $400 watch that was bought 5 months ago. He recovered well though.

Back to the resort to change, then off to 'Ohana! I was quite worried about this dinner after reading that many brides had issues there with big parties, in regards to service or food. We didn't experience any of that! They were fantastic.

Heh, when we checked in though....our reservation for was 8:20 and we got there at about 8. Went to check in and there was a guy "checking in for his reservation" with his family of 6. They couldn't find him in the system and he was getting upset...FINALLY he tells them that his reservation was for 5 o'clock! And he wanted to be seated then and there. HAHAHAHA. I must say, they handled him very well.

Anyway, before I could buy a drink we were brought to our table. Now, I knew that they played wishes in the restaurant, but hadn't told Philip because I didn't know if we'd be seated on time, or have a good view, etc etc. He was in awe and loved me for my "big surprise". LOL. Easy to please! Drink orders were taken, food was brought out, and everyone loved it. My bridesmaid and I each had a very berry punch, and I don't know WHAT is in those things, but we were quite happy by the end!

With our cupcakes...and my empty drink glass!

Service was great. We were assured to ask for seconds of anything that we wanted, and they did bring things around more than once. They made a big speech about us getting married the next day and congratulated us, and had everyone clap for us. Very cute. Honestly, they couldn't have improved on a thing, they were that good.

People were thanking me for choosing that restaurant as we were leaving, so I think it was a good choice! We ended up hopping on a bus to DTD and then switching over to Pop Century to get back. It was pretty long...but we had all agreed just to get on whatever bus came first to the Poly bus stop, so it was what it was.

Last edited by neener3; 02-27-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #86
Disney-Chick
A Canadian who loves Disney eh!

Beautiful pictures. I wish I would have been able to make it to the wedding. I was there from Feb. 11-25. I think I ran into one of your family members at POP Century. For some reason im thinking your mother. I will have to catch up on your TR as we just arrived home last night after driving 33 hours.

Disney-Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #87
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygirl902 View Post
I haven't been reading or posting much - but I just looked your photos - they are GORGEOUS! Seriously great pics. You must be so happy...and I hear you on the narcissistic thing, because I have my pics on a digital photo frame on my desk at work and I gaze lovingly at them all the time...
Thank you! SO happy. I need to look into a digital photo frame now...bahahhaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney-Chick View Post
Beautiful pictures. I wish I would have been able to make it to the wedding. I was there from Feb. 11-25. I think I ran into one of your family members at POP Century. For some reason im thinking your mother. I will have to catch up on your TR as we just arrived home last night after driving 33 hours.
You did run into my mom! hahahaha. My mom was telling me that she ran into this couple from Halifax who drove down and I said "Oh, yeah, they got married here last month right?". She thought I was CRAZY!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #88
Disney-Chick
A Canadian who loves Disney eh!

Yep we were chatting up a storm. I really wish I would have came to see the wedding. The weather was great. How long did you end up staying for? We just arrived home Saturday after leaving Friday morning. I wish I were back in the warm weather.

Congrats on the wedding. Once a get more time I am going to read where I left off.

Disney-Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #89
Deb loves Disney
Keep Moving Forward

Location: Overland Park, KS...recently moved from Orlando area

Did you know that they featured one of your photos on the Disney Fairytale Weddings FB page today???

Here is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/DisneyWeddings?sk=wall

I knew it was you right away....this is just the most gorgeous picture!
Deb loves Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #90
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney-Chick View Post
Yep we were chatting up a storm. I really wish I would have came to see the wedding. The weather was great. How long did you end up staying for? We just arrived home Saturday after leaving Friday morning. I wish I were back in the warm weather.

Congrats on the wedding. Once a get more time I am going to read where I left off.
The weather WAS great! We came back on the 21st, and were not happy about it hahaha. Returning to work this week is killer too. BUT I managed to convince DH to head back in November, so at least I have some planning to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb loves Disney View Post
Did you know that they featured one of your photos on the Disney Fairytale Weddings FB page today???

Here is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/DisneyWeddings?sk=wall

I knew it was you right away....this is just the most gorgeous picture!
Yessss, thank you! So exciting!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: