Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #31
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Horray for 26 sleeps!!!!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #32
neener3
Mouseketeer

A snow day would be great....

I gave up coffee (take 2, I gave up last year and did great until September when I relapsed), and I feel like killing someone. Ugh.

Philip has been really sick lately at night, and went to the doctor. She gave him some pills to help the acid in his stomach. He's still been up at tonight so this morning I mentioned that maybe he should go back and ask for something else. He says "Oh, I haven't been taking them. I don't like putting things into my body."

MEN!!

One of my necklaces came in, still waiting on the other!
neener3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #33
neener3
Mouseketeer

Ooooooo I. AM. SO. EXCITED.

Disney called while I was teaching, so I was terribly sad to get the voice mail that I missed it, but anyway!

We got assigned our photographer! Annnnddd we got Regina, who we requested! Annnnnnd we got her for the ceremony, dessert party, and MK session! Squeal!

Our portrait session was also moved due to the construction. It'll be at 7:30. I had braced myself for it, so it's not a deal breaker for me. No night pictures, but I've been seeing some really nice day ones. I brought up that I wasn't too pleased that people will be being let in for breakfast during our session (we get picked up at 7:30, so we won't be starting until 7:45-7:50). But it is what it is. I'm certainly not willing to cancel over it, and it's not going to ruin it for me. I'm just seriously grateful that we have this opportunity.

So yay! Photographer assigned, and it's who we wanted. Excellent day!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #34
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting Regina! I plan on requesting her for our rehearsal dinner/bridal portaits!
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #35
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesswendy720 View Post
Congrats on getting Regina! I plan on requesting her for our rehearsal dinner/bridal portaits!
Thanks! I'm so relieved. And so happy that she'll be doing all of it. It's so bizarre that we get no say in something so important, so I'm happy that it worked out.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #36
neener3
Mouseketeer

We can get married, the papers are back!

Well our papers were in my mailbox this afternoon, so we can officially get married!

If anyone is wondering whether or not they should go through Brevard County, dooooooo it! We didn't think that we knew a notary at all, but a friend randomly knew someone, so the signature was free. We didn't have to rent a car, and we didn't have to spend a half day going to a courthouse. It was so easy and FAST. I emailed our preliminary information, which they emailed back so that I could print it and have it signed. I'm very impressed.

In other prep news:

- My dress alterations appointment is tomorrow. Hopefully that goes well!

- I made an appointment to get my nails prettied.

- Made an appointment with MAC to have a bridal consultation. Patricia LeJeune is doing my makeup the morning of the wedding, but I'm not having her come back for the MK shoot. My MOH is great at doing hair, so she's doing it the MK morning. MAC will give me an hour consult as long as I make a $50.00 commitment to buy products from them. So I'll do my makeup myself.

- My bachelorette is this weekend. Our Zumba instructor is coming to do a "strip tease" lesson. HA! This should be good...
Old 01-24-2011, 04:25 PM   #37
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

It sounds like everything is coming together for you nicely!!! I can't wait until I'm at that point!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #38
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiLyn View Post
It sounds like everything is coming together for you nicely!!! I can't wait until I'm at that point!
Everything is going really well! Now as long as a snowstorm doesn't come along and screw everything up, we'll be great!

We get married three weeks from today!!!

Also, I had my fitting today and she's taking over an inch on either side of my hips. Yeehaw! Also, I LOVE the bustle she's doing. They didn't show me anything like that at the store. When I walked out she exclaimed "Honey, you look GORGEOUS in that dress!" I'd like to take her home with me so that she can tell me that every day. I'm not asking much....

Zumba killed me tonight. We're using weights and....ouch. I might not be able to write on the board tomorrow!
Old 01-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #39
I'm.a.Disney.Bride
Earning My Ears

oh my...I love love love your PJ! Our weddings are going to be so similar! Not only are our colors the same...the hairstyles that you picked are the exact same ones I looked at I can't wait to see and read everything about your wedding! Oh and your BEO was tons of help...I just realized that we should have enough money left over for a magic kingdom photo shoot...IF I can talk the DF into it
Old 01-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #40
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm.a.Disney.Bride View Post
oh my...I love love love your PJ! Our weddings are going to be so similar! Not only are our colors the same...the hairstyles that you picked are the exact same ones I looked at I can't wait to see and read everything about your wedding! Oh and your BEO was tons of help...I just realized that we should have enough money left over for a magic kingdom photo shoot...IF I can talk the DF into it
Glad I could help!!! I know, I feel like I'm going to be able to re-live my wedding through yours lol. Talk him into the MK shoot, you can do it, I promise!
Old 01-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #41
neener3
Mouseketeer

My bachelorette was last night, and my girls did SUCH a good job. I feel so lucky to have great friends. They made a million jello shots, t-shirts for the 3 of us, pink and black cupcakes, and we did strip tease dancing here before we heading downtown. It was literally the best night ever. We got home at 4am, went to bed at 5, and all got up at 9. Nobody sick. How that is even possible, I don't know.

So lucky

Here are a few appropriate photos of the night

Here's me, I know it's big but the "Mrs." doesn't show up in the little ones, so I left this one large I'm very into it here...

Myself, Bridesmaid, and Maid of Honour

And again, but being utterly ridiculous. I've been friends with these two since high school, so over 10 years.

Group shot!

There are really no words for this one...

And the end of the night. The pole was holding me up. Really.

I got many congratulations and some interesting advice at the bar. Some really nice boy child bought me a few drinks. Some older gents asked my friend how old I was, because they were concerned that I was FAR too young to be getting married (thank you, I hope I continue to look younger than my age!).

I didn't even want to do all of this, but my girls insisted it was a "rite of passage". I'm so glad they pushed!
Old 01-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #42
KristiLyn
Fab Five Member!

I'm glad you guys had a great time!! Love the pics!!! It's almost wedding time!!!
KristiLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #43
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran

What a lovely group of ladies! I'm glad you had such a good time!!!!
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:40 PM   #44
neener3
Mouseketeer

Thanks! They are lovely.

Now. We are sooooo close. We leave Friday!

I woke up with a killer sore throat this morning. Went to zumba and she asked if I was angry with her, because my energy level was NOT there. I'm spazzing out a little. Philip is not sympathetic. He's a mind over matter kind of guy, so he thinks that if I believe that I'm not sick, I won't be. Uh-huh. Sure.

Philip's grammie has the flu and a respiratory infection. So that's just awesome!

AND we fly out Friday...they are predicting 10+ cm for Thursday here, and 5-10cm Friday. Of course, this IS Nova Scotia, where the weather people can't predict their heads from their...well, anyway.

Pass the adivan.

On the positive side, I FINALLY got my 2nd necklace in the mail, and it's definitely the one I'll be wearing! I took pictures with the necklace, earrings, and headband, and you'll have to forgive the selfies...DF doesn't want to see anything. I also had my consultation today at MAC. She sent me away with a little paint-by-numbers if you will, so I don't think I can mess it up the day of our portrait session. It's quite a few hours later that I took the pictures, and I think I still look decent, so I'm happy with it. Plus I got some pretty new makeup, and we all know that's what really matters

That's it! I need to pick up my dress, get my mani/pedi, get these horrid eyebrows done, and we're off! PLEASE keep wishes for no snow going for us. And health. We should probably all be healthy. I'm going to keep gargling with warm salt water.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #45
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

No snow wishes coming from here!!!!

Good luck!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: