Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #16
neener3
Mouseketeer

What really matters - shoes

Photobucket is being wonky tonight - gah! My images are way bigger than they're supposed to be, even after resizing them. But my shoes are important , so I'm still going to post pictures!

I took a gamble ordering these online. I have really wide feet, but my heels are skinny. AND I couldn't find any pink shoes that I liked in Halifax. So I bought these online and I. LOVE. THEM.

I was playing around with my shoes, our rings, and my headband. My cat thought he'd make an appearance and try to play with my headband. Mmhmm.

neener3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #17
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

I love your thread! And the kitty with the headband is adorable. I started stalking your thread because we're planning on doing SBP/Attic/Dessert Party too! (even though you've since dropped the Attic.) And I've also been with my DF since I was in high school!

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #18
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
I love your thread! And the kitty with the headband is adorable. I started stalking your thread because we're planning on doing SBP/Attic/Dessert Party too! (even though you've since dropped the Attic.) And I've also been with my DF since I was in high school!
Thanks for following! It's been kind of lame since there's not much to do, but I promise to do a full TR when the time comes! After all, DF will go back to work and I'll still be on vacation!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #19
neener3
Mouseketeer

98 days to go!

We're under 100 days!

Okay, I'm not really scared, but DF and I were saying that it feels like we JUST got engaged. He proposed on Christmas Day last year and it was such a whirlwind day, and everyone was so excited. It feels like yesterday. I was so frustrated that I had to wait until the 8 month mark to book - well it sure went by fast!

I made a list of wedding things to do and it's not very long!

- Marriage license (can't forget that one!) It would be SO like me to be all commando about the trip and forget the most important thing...

- Bridesmaid and Groomsmen gifts. I have no idea here.
I started a Disney bag for my girls and was really good at picking stuff up for it at first...but now they have...a bag, a tshirt, and a mug. HA! I think I need to beef that up a little. As for the groomsmen, well when I asked DF what he was planning on getting them he said "A gift? Are you kidding me? Can I just give them...a golf ball? They like golf." So...um, yeah, I think I'll be taking care of those.

- Pick hair and makeup inspiration pics. So HERE I was allll set...and then one night I set my computer on a footstool to grab the remote, and the stupid thing fell on the floor. DF's reaction when he got home from hockey was "Good, I hated that computer." Alas, that money tree never did start growing out back, so that came from the wedding fund....

- Take computer to see if we can get the documents from the hard drive (the computer won't even start up), because I was all ahead of myself and had our ceremony written out! ARRRGGGHHH.

- Pick Dessert Party menus. When do people do this? Should I have done this already? Ah well, it'll get done. We love food, it won't be too hard.

That is all that is on my list. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Ah well. DF thinks I'm CRAZY because my suitcase is already full....but it's not PACKING, it's putting away my summer clothes. In a suitcase. Folded nicely, separated by the day. With options for cold. He'll pack the night before while I hover. Let's be honest, I'll pack for him because I won't be able to stand it. In fact, maybe his summer clothes will get "put away" tomorrow. Although it has been warm; we've been wearing shorts this week.

We paid off our trip! DF's outfit for the wedding is all set, right down to the socks! I need to borrow the jewelry from the friend who said would lend me hers from her wedding. All of our spending money is changed over and in the lock box. I'm wagging my finger at friends and family who haven't gotten their passports yet. 2nd newsletter has been sent out, with finalized ADR's.

I feel so confident in my choice with a Disney wedding. This is the stress-free, all prepared wedding that I wanted.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:48 AM   #20
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Wow - great updates!! Have you decided on where you're having dinner yet? I think free dining is great for that kind of thing!! I love your shoes and headband!!

Happy "under 100 days"!
daisygirl902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #21
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygirl902 View Post
Wow - great updates!! Have you decided on where you're having dinner yet? I think free dining is great for that kind of thing!! I love your shoes and headband!!

Happy "under 100 days"!

Thanks! Oh the dinner. LOL.

When I was trying to figure it out, I posted on the restaurant section for suggestions. A lot of people suggested signature restaurants, and it just wasn't what I wanted. I didn't want our guests to use two credits, and I also wanted something a bit more low-key.

Someone suggested Chef Mickey's and I loved the idea. It's casual, relaxed, very us. And I'll get pictures with characters! Anyway, I got people who actually seemed offended that I would "subject guests to sub-par food in an atmosphere that is NOT wedding appropriate"....or something along those lines, anyway. Whatever. I asked Philip if he thought it was lame and he looked at me like I was crazy, and asked me since when do I care what people think about our wedding! True enough.

Chef Mickey's it is. Yes, it's a buffet and it's buffet food. Yes, I will be making someone else get my food for me, since I'm not walking around the food in my dress! Yep, some people think it's lame. I seriously considered changing it, but our guests think it's cool and I love it.

Ah well. I did find it kind of crazy that people would be so up in arms about it!
Old 11-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #22
neener3
Mouseketeer

Too much?

Here's the thing. I got my dress AGES ago. I refused to squeeze myself into a dress that was too small and promise myself I'd lose weight. So I got the dress that fit right then and there. Smart, right?

But then I started Zumba. You want to lose weight? Do zumba. Seriously. I went to the doctor, who weighed me, and I had lost 16 pounds without trying. I mean, I was going to zumba to do something active with a friend, but even though I have weight I can afford to lose I wasn't GOING to lose weight, kwim? That 16 pound loss was over a month ago, and I've since tightened my belt a notch. We don't own a scale...I don't know what I'm down to, but my pants now come right off if I don't put a belt on.

My friend and I signed up for Saturday mornings, and then signed up for that PLUS Tuesday evenings starting January 11th. It's already paid for and all that.

My dress is too big.
What do I do? The wedding is February 15th, and I'll be going twice a week for a month beforehand. Do I take it to get altered early January? Late January? Eat a ton over Christmas?

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled. Just...bah. It's a lace up, but I can GRAB the fabric on my hips, and it's supposed to hug.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #23
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neener3 View Post
Thanks! Oh the dinner. LOL.

When I was trying to figure it out, I posted on the restaurant section for suggestions. A lot of people suggested signature restaurants, and it just wasn't what I wanted. I didn't want our guests to use two credits, and I also wanted something a bit more low-key.

Someone suggested Chef Mickey's and I loved the idea. It's casual, relaxed, very us. And I'll get pictures with characters! Anyway, I got people who actually seemed offended that I would "subject guests to sub-par food in an atmosphere that is NOT wedding appropriate"....or something along those lines, anyway. Whatever. I asked Philip if he thought it was lame and he looked at me like I was crazy, and asked me since when do I care what people think about our wedding! True enough.

Chef Mickey's it is. Yes, it's a buffet and it's buffet food. Yes, I will be making someone else get my food for me, since I'm not walking around the food in my dress! Yep, some people think it's lame. I seriously considered changing it, but our guests think it's cool and I love it.

Ah well. I did find it kind of crazy that people would be so up in arms about it!
That's the one thing you have to watch on here - too many people get horrendously offended at our unconventional choices...when I had originally picked HDDR and said my guest were paying for their tickets people on here FLAMED me! But my family stood by it and thought it was a fantastic idea!!

I love Chef Mickeys and thing it's a great idea!! It'll be a blast for you guys, enjoy every second of it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neener3 View Post
Here's the thing. I got my dress AGES ago. I refused to squeeze myself into a dress that was too small and promise myself I'd lose weight. So I got the dress that fit right then and there. Smart, right?

But then I started Zumba. You want to lose weight? Do zumba. Seriously. I went to the doctor, who weighed me, and I had lost 16 pounds without trying. I mean, I was going to zumba to do something active with a friend, but even though I have weight I can afford to lose I wasn't GOING to lose weight, kwim? That 16 pound loss was over a month ago, and I've since tightened my belt a notch. We don't own a scale...I don't know what I'm down to, but my pants now come right off if I don't put a belt on.

My friend and I signed up for Saturday mornings, and then signed up for that PLUS Tuesday evenings starting January 11th. It's already paid for and all that.

My dress is too big.
What do I do? The wedding is February 15th, and I'll be going twice a week for a month beforehand. Do I take it to get altered early January? Late January? Eat a ton over Christmas?

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled. Just...bah. It's a lace up, but I can GRAB the fabric on my hips, and it's supposed to hug.
Wow - I gotta look into this Zumba thing...jeez. I would just wait until January. The guy who altered mine actually recommended getting any alterations done a few weeks beforehand, because you never know!!

Congrats on the weight loss - great job!!
daisygirl902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #24
neener3
Mouseketeer

Wow - I gotta look into this Zumba thing...jeez. I would just wait until January. The guy who altered mine actually recommended getting any alterations done a few weeks beforehand, because you never know!!

Congrats on the weight loss - great job!![/QUOTE]

Thanks! I love Zumba. She works us so hard that we drip, but we're so focused on what we're doing wrong that we don't notice how hard we're working! I signed up at the Prospect Road Community Centre because they do packaged sessions - 13 or 14 weeks and she starts us from scratch, so we all looked like big dummies together!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #25
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quoi de neuf?

Dessert Party menu time!

I thought I'd put it up since I loved reading about everyone's food. We just picked a menu that we liked and substituted a few things.

Tiramisu
Cheesecake
Chocolate éclairs
Tarpon Springs Baklava
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Linzer Diamonds
Cream Horns
Fruit Tarts
Fresh Fruit Display with Biscotti and Warm Chocolate Ganache
Fruit Punch
Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, and Selection of Teas
Flavoured Syrups and Sticks, Sugars, Cream, and Honey

Yummmmmmm....we've told our guests and they're saying "So we have cake...and then we have supper...and then you're plumping us up with all of THAT?!". Yes...yes, we are. At least they're easy to please

I thought about putting in the rice crispie mickey's, but didn't for this round. I think we're a bit under budget so that's something I'll save if we need to be topped up.

76 days to the wedding! Is it February yet???
Old 12-20-2010, 07:53 PM   #26
neener3
Mouseketeer

Grrrrrr.

All straightened. Aisle petals were included. Yay Karen

Last edited by neener3; 12-22-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #27
neener3
Mouseketeer

We were in the drive thru for Tim Horton's yesterday, and Philip turns to me and says "So...we're getting married next month!" I had been counting the days, but when you put it like that!

If you can believe it....we left the marriage license to the last minute. Whoops. It's gone, so hopefully it gets back in time. I should probably be stressed about that!

We had a few changes in budget. I decided to cut the aisle petals, which were 65 dollars. We added 3 vans from The Contemporary to Dessert Party instead, for 75 dollars. I just had visions of DF's Grammie and Mom going to the main gate, not International Gateway, and then people being upset with me. Yeah, I'm not worried about the marriage license, but I'm worried about THAT. We also added photography for our dessert party. We had about 221 left to make our $7500 minimum, so we're a bit over now. Ah well. I thought about adding Epcot to our MK shoot but the general vote went for Dessert Party photography.

SO! We've had MANY changes. We're now:

- Being made over by Patricia LeJeune in the am (myself and my two bridesmaids).

- At Sea Breeze Point at 2:30 pm, with Rev. Jack Day officiating. We're getting there via the limo drop offs and having one van pick up those not in the bridal party.

- Having light pink gerbers as my bouquet, and my two girls will have small bouquets with the same pink + white daisies. As long as they're the right sizes with no greenery, I'm good.

- Having cake and no toasts on site at SBP (we didn't want to put the pressure on people + we have a lot of non-drinkers...and some that I don't WANT drinking.)

- Heading over to Chef Mickey's for dinner! We might all take the bus. I know we'll still have the limo, so we might send everyone else off via bus...we'll see! I'm not sure I'll be able to eat from excitement lol. Somebody will definitely be getting my food for me, as I'm not going near the buffet in my white dress.

- Having vans take us from Chef Mickey's to the DP @ UK Lower.

- Heading back to Pop Century via bus!

- Up the next morning for MK shoot. I am not doing a floral refresh since it's the next day. If they're not good, I won't use them. I won't be broken hearted about it. We haven't heard that our time slot has change at all. Karen did confirm that times were changing and that if we are affected photography would be in touch. I figure we'll hear soon if we are.

- Back to nap! Before AK that afternoon/evening (it's DF's aunt's 50th birthday that day.)

I requested Amy or Regina for our photography. I know they're not guaranteed. I feel very zen about this since my one floral freak out. Karen's been great, and I'm pretty confident everything will go off without any major hitches. A bit worried about the weather, but meh.

Oh! And I paid for the Just Married pins! LOL. Now if only I could find a darn top hat...
Old 01-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #28
neener3
Mouseketeer

Had to post, because UPS showed up at my door with luggage tags this afternoon!

Have I mentioned that my aunt and uncle STILL haven't booked? 35 sleeps. I'm not impressed (well, about them not booking, I'm THRILLED about the 35 sleeps).
Old 01-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #29
neener3
Mouseketeer

I thought I'd post our revised BEO. It really helped me when I was starting to look to see people's, so here goes! Keep in mind we haven't customized anything - regarding decor. It'll be pretty bare bones. We thought about what would be important to us and our family, and came up with food, photos, and transport. So that's where our money went!

It was too big for one snipping tool, so it's in two pictures because I had to snip in twice

Old 01-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #30
neener3
Mouseketeer

26 sleeps!

Here we go! We are officially at the stage where I'm getting stressed. Remember the zen? Yeah....not so much! I started a temporary job (until May), and the combination of getting to know 175 students plus last minute wedding stuff is turning me into a crazy person. Oops.

My girls came over Friday night to put me in my dress. SO. Much. Fun. I wish everyone could have seen them behind me lacing me up. I think I might video it on the wedding day . They laced me up and decided that the lacing wasn't good enough, so undid the whole thing to "make it prettier". I have good friends lol. The verdict? I have an appointment January 25th to have it taken in. I asked them to be very honest with me (they're so tiny!), and one of them grabbed all of the fabric in the back. Alright then. The top part is fine because it's lace up, but the hips are not so good. They balloon.

Wedding payment is officially gone through. Done.

My aunt and uncle FINALLY booked! I was really starting to think that they weren't coming and just didn't want to tell me. Which would have made me super angry, because we could have had someone else come in their place! But they booked last week, yay! So everyone is in and I can breathe about that now.

Our Just Married pins came in! Everyone got their luggage tags. My bridesmaids are so excited they're almost buzzing.

I put together a montage of what I want my hair to be, and inspiration is borrowed (aka, you may recognize it all hahaha). I fought with the idea of half up, half down, but I think I'll do that for the MK shoot.

I ordered two necklaces (because I am indecisive) almost a month ago, and they still haven't arrived. Good times. Hopefully at least one gets here within 26 sleeps.

I remembered to call and put my FMIL's nut allergy on our dining reservations. I wouldn't want anyone to think that I want to off her during our trip!

And lastly, these pictures have absolutely nothing to do with the wedding, but meh. New Year's Eve we had the best time skating on the new skating oval that they've put in the city for the Canada Winter Games. There's a big petition to keep it because it's been so popular. We love it!

DF and I ready to lace up

Me, so not pro, but having a great time.

My MOH and I

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: