Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #151
bambi0921
Livin' La Vida Disney

Well, thanks to your totally fabulous trip report I am now seriously considering Chef Mickey's for my reception!

I have loved reading everything so far!! Looks like you had a wonderful time and your pictures are SO gorgeous!!! Those MK pics are unreal! Congrats on everything, it was gorgeous!!
bambi0921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #152
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

you got pictures of littly baby lilly the gorilla!! i just LOVE her!! i can't believe she's 14 months old already!! ((i shouldn't know this much info about a gorilla, but i'm obsessed with her!)) can't wait to see her in 2 weeks!!

your makeup held up really good!! i would have kept the headband in too!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #153
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambi0921 View Post
Well, thanks to your totally fabulous trip report I am now seriously considering Chef Mickey's for my reception!

I have loved reading everything so far!! Looks like you had a wonderful time and your pictures are SO gorgeous!!! Those MK pics are unreal! Congrats on everything, it was gorgeous!!
Thank you! Ooo do it! We really enjoyed Chef Mickey's. It was really low-key, but they were quite kind and took good care of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
you got pictures of littly baby lilly the gorilla!! i just LOVE her!! i can't believe she's 14 months old already!! ((i shouldn't know this much info about a gorilla, but i'm obsessed with her!)) can't wait to see her in 2 weeks!!

your makeup held up really good!! i would have kept the headband in too!
Oh I LOVE that baby, she was super playful. I swear we watched her for 20 minutes. Even long enough to watch her take a pee bahahaha.

The makeup wasn't too bad eh? I should have had some oil wipes, but meh. Life goes on! Soooo jealous of you going in two weeks...we are counting down over 6 months right now!
neener3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #154
neener3
Mouseketeer

Oy vey, I just realized I wrote that it was DH's 50th birthday....MY, he'd be a young looking 50! And with a cinderella cake at that!

It was DH's AUNT'S 50th birthday. Yeesh. DH is only 26 lol.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #155
sms
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!!! LOVE your pictures! Definitely going to be referring back to your PJ and TR for all your great ideas!!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #156
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms View Post
Congratulations!!! LOVE your pictures! Definitely going to be referring back to your PJ and TR for all your great ideas!!
Oh I'm glad to be of help! That was the goal in my pj/tr, we probably would have gone with an off site wedding had I not found the DIS and I just wanted to be a little part of everything that I found so helpful in our planning. We didn't spend a lot of money but still felt that it was magical and special.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:51 AM   #157
brer rabbit 28
Dude, you were like, 'Whoa!' and then we were like 'WHOA!' and then you were like 'Whoa.'

Wow. I've just read your TR from start to here and I just love all the detail you have been lovely enough to give and all the wonderful photos. I love that you went to Chef Mickeys after your wedding and wish we could do this now! Maybe if we get dressed early enough we could do it for breakfast before we get married

Thank you so much for all the pics. I think my favourite is actually the one of you in the car on the way to the Boardwalk. You look so relaxed and happy.

Claire and Chris' wedding planning journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2509001
brer rabbit 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #158
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brer rabbit 28 View Post
Wow. I've just read your TR from start to here and I just love all the detail you have been lovely enough to give and all the wonderful photos. I love that you went to Chef Mickeys after your wedding and wish we could do this now! Maybe if we get dressed early enough we could do it for breakfast before we get married

Thank you so much for all the pics. I think my favourite is actually the one of you in the car on the way to the Boardwalk. You look so relaxed and happy.
You're too sweet! Thank you! Hahhaa and good luck with getting ready for breakfast , I barely made it out the door in time for the wedding!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:34 PM   #159
neener3
Mouseketeer

Day 8 - Epcot

Friday saw us saying goodbye to a good bunch of our party. Boo! My mom, brother, uncle, MOH, her bf, DH's aunt, and DH's groomsman were heading back home. Epcot was open late this night so we were able to see everyone before heading out for the day. My poor brother succumbed to some nasty bug as soon as they got on the plane in Orlando...and proceeded to deal with it through that flight, the Newark airport, and the flight to Halifax. My poor mother said she's never been so happy to see Halifax, even as cold as it was. Makes me wonder if a bunch of us weren't fighting that what with the lack of appetites and general feeling crappy that had been going around.

We waited it out for Jenn's hubby to return the rental car from their big hockey night the night before. She said he'd left practically at the crack of dawn, so when 9:30 rolled around she got a bit worried...turns out he was desperate for one more round on the Manta so tried to cab it to Sea World to use his free day on the back of the ticket! Well, you have to sign up for that before you leave on the first day...he wasn't too happy about it, but she was fairly vicious over it lol.

Once he returned, we got the story, and they were speaking somewhat civilly to each other, we hopped on a bus over to Epcot. It was about 11 when we got there. DH's family had gotten there a bajillion hours earlier. We decided to hop over to Soarin' for fastpasses, knowing that they do run out. We ended up running into DH's family who were heading off to lunch. Since we had a late breakfast, we parted again, us for Living with the Land. Fairly cute, nice transition to the day...wouldn't do it again soon but nice to see.

There was actually a wait for it!

My shirt says "So sleepy, so grumpy" lol. My moh bought it for me the day of the wedding, and got DH one that says "Genius by birth, Grumpy by choice". He loves it.

After that we headed over to Nemo, which also had a (shortish) wait. We could definitely tell the crowds were increasing, but we knew they would heading into President's Day weekend.

After that, it was off to spend some time with Ellen and Bill Nye. We ended up touring part of the world after that, we knew we wouldn't get all the way through before dinner at LeCellier so we'd have to double back, but we also knew we probably wouldn't get through if we waited until after supper. Before we could head off though, I had to check to see if LeCellier would let us add 2 people to our ADR...DH's aunt and uncle had changed their minds about the day and decided LeCellier sounded great and wanted to eat with us. Sigh. Thankfully LeCellier was more than accommodating; I think my Just Married button and sighs about my in-laws helped lol.

Jenn and I ended up posing in a lot of pictures this day; I think our husbands were tiring of the cameras and more than happy to put them on us. DH obliged for a photo with the beast though, and they were both willing to pose with Alice. Good men.

We never did figure out why there was this phone booth in Canada...

We meandered through the countries, and decided to pick pearls in Japan! I've always wanted to do this but never have. I ended up with a blue pearl, and Jenn got a pink one. We both got the cheapest mountings possible and I love putting it on and thinking about Disney. I'm glad I did it, and will probably do it next time too! DH thought it was pretty cool.

Before we knew it, it was time to head back for dinner. We had the 4:30 seating, and everyone was on time, which makes me happy. Not all of us were happy though...

Grammie was TIRED, but she wouldn't admit it. They hadn't taken one break since arriving the Friday before. She won't break unless everyone else will, and since they kept going, she kept pushing herself. Well...she wanted to go back to the hotel after supper, so DH's mom said she'd accompany her, and Grammie just...well she had a little fit. Said she was perfectly capable and not decrepit. Oh my. Supper was...a bit strained as we all were avoiding the topic and her lol. Supper was good though! I subbed my risotto for the mashed potatoes, as I find risotto too salty. Was so stuffed that all I could manage for dessert was sorbet. LeCellier was a two thumbs up dinner from our group!

Afterwards, Grammie ended up going back to the hotel with DH's dad and stepmom (which shocked the rest of us into submission, if you remember from the beginning she hadn't spoken to his Dad in 20 years.). DH's mom and aunt were flat out banned from going back. Hah! So we all headed over to Soarin'. A bit of a wait even in the fastpass line, but a good time nonetheless.

They decided it was safe to part ways after Soarin' and headed back to the hotel. Left in the running was DH, Jenn, Matt, DH's brother, and myself. We rode Spaceship Earth and Mission Space, then they decided to ride Test Track with fastpasses we had picked up earlier. I had plans to meet friends from university after Illuminations, and it was coming close, so I sat out and we set up a meeting place for afterwards.

I sat and people watched a bit while they were gone, and when the music started I started walking over to Canada to meet my friends. Well.

I ended up bawling. Dear Lord. I had to stop walking, and just watch the show. I couldn't not think about the wedding, and how it was perfection, and how utterly lucky I was. How supported we had felt, and...everything. I just lost it in the middle of Illuminations. Stood there watching the show with tears rolling down my face. Ack! I mean, I had cried during Wishes too, but this was a wee bit uncontrollable.

When the show started wrapping up I tried to compose myself and kept walking over. My friend had gotten into Florida the day before, and she was travelling with some cousins, 1 of whom was my student, so I couldn't very well show up crying! I was informed upon finding them that he had been practicing his French ALL day and was nervous that I wouldn't let him speak English! Apparently I am very strict lol.

DH and co. found us easily and promptly made fun of me when I confessed the tears. We parted with the kids and toured the rest of the world. Now. My friends toured the world differently than we had done! They found props in every country and set up shots. Oh. Em. Gee. DH was mortified, and I've never had more fun touring the showcase.

Posing with the Eiffel Tower...

And then some vin.

Well then we REALLY got into it. Wait for it. Gaw, you'd think we were drunk...not a chance!

Flying on a magic carpet in Morocco...

Belly Dancing in Morocco and then doing the "snake dance"...

Getting ready to shoot some stuff in the U.S.A

Cont'd in next post!
Old 04-23-2011, 10:44 PM   #160
neener3
Mouseketeer

Day 8 cont'd

DH managed to ekk in some normal pictures in the U.S with Minnie and Mickey topiaries before we returned to our old tricks.

In Japan...well, what other choice did we have????

In Norway, I decided to chop Jenn's head off. Well, I'm the bride, I can do that!

And then Mexico...well, I that was an obvious choice.

I wish we had thought to do all of these poses earlier with more people from the wedding! So much fun, and so silly. We ended up riding Maelstrom and the Mexico ride at around 11:30 at night. My newly joined friends were yearning for a late night Soarin', but we were pooped and Jenn and Matt were flying out the next day, so we all went home to collapse into bed.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:47 AM   #161
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neener3 View Post
We waited it out for Jenn's hubby to return the rental car from their big hockey night the night before. She said he'd left practically at the crack of dawn, so when 9:30 rolled around she got a bit worried...turns out he was desperate for one more round on the Manta so tried to cab it to Sea World to use his free day on the back of the ticket! Well, you have to sign up for that before you leave on the first day...he wasn't too happy about it, but she was fairly vicious over it lol.
thats brilliant! Bless him.... Can't blame him for wanting to squeeze another ride in - though Manta wouldn't be my choice

Love the photos you took where you're using props. They're great, looks like you had a blast doing them!

aww you met the beast. I've never seen him...yet. I'll hunt him down one day.

Cool pics and another great update, thank you x
Old 04-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #162
I'm.a.Disney.Bride
Earning My Ears

I love to read all your posts! I can't believe my wedding is finally almost here I was wondering if you could help me with a few things... First, did you purchase another photography package or did you just use the package included in the escape wedding?? Also, I get to have a mk photoshoot and I saw that you ended up purchasing the disc with all the photos and I was wondering how much that costs?!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #163
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
thats brilliant! Bless him.... Can't blame him for wanting to squeeze another ride in - though Manta wouldn't be my choice

Love the photos you took where you're using props. They're great, looks like you had a blast doing them!

aww you met the beast. I've never seen him...yet. I'll hunt him down one day.

Cool pics and another great update, thank you x
Thanks! We're almost done here, I hate the thought! And poor Matt hahaa, to this day we don't bring it up for both his sake and his wife's
Old 04-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #164
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm.a.Disney.Bride View Post
I love to read all your posts! I can't believe my wedding is finally almost here I was wondering if you could help me with a few things... First, did you purchase another photography package or did you just use the package included in the escape wedding?? Also, I get to have a mk photoshoot and I saw that you ended up purchasing the disc with all the photos and I was wondering how much that costs?!

Yes, you're so close! At least when I finish up mine I'll be able to read yours!

We used the package included in the Escape Wedding + added Dessert Party photography ($300.00) + added the MK shoot.

The high res dvd is a bajillion dollars.

LOL.
Actually, you get a proof dvd, which has all of your pictures on it (for free), but they can only print to 4x6. That didn't really fly with our visions of massive wedding pictures plastered wallpaper style all over the house...err....I mean....a few of our favourite pictures selected to tastefully adorn our walls...

So we ordered the $750.00 (ack! ) dvd. It prints to 8x10. There's another one for $1000.00...it goes much high...I just figured I don't need a picture of my face to be bigger than my actual face, kwim? So we went for the "cheaper" version.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #165
neener3
Mouseketeer

Day 9 - Hollywood Studios & MK

Remember when we had that utterly relaxing day before the wedding, went mini-golfing, and saw how empty the parking lot at Hollywood Studios was? Well, two days before President's Day, Hollywood Studios was NOT that empty.

DH and I decided to sleep a little this morning. We had a 12:30 lunch for 5 (5! Can you believe our numbers dropped that low?) at 50's Prime Time, so we arrived at about 10:30. TSM fastpasses were long gone, and the wait was 120 minutes. Yeah, not TSM for us this trip! Ah well.

Hollywood Studios was looking to be a bit of a nightmare. The crowds were intense, especially coming out of a quiet week! When planning the trip we knew that we were going from low to high season, but it was kind of crazy to go from fairly empty parks to insane crowds.

We had a decent lunch at 50's Prime Time, although we were late getting in, and service was a bit slow...so it was almost 3 by the time we got out. The Beauty and the Beast show was at 3:30 and it is my FAVOURITE, so there was no missing it! Bless DH, as he had seen Beauty and the Beast Thursday night with my MOH and her bf while I was shopping (her favourite too , but he didn't complain...much....

After the show we met up with DH's family, who had gone to Indiana Jones instead. We squeezed in the Muppets, which I always love, and then headed over to Tower of Terror. It was quite a wait, but we people watched. I don't know why I go on this ride. I hate it. Honestly. And I keep my eyes closed the WHOLE time, and I actually sweat, I get so worked up. Eugh. The pictures are always funny though! We thought we'd attempt to use our fastpasses for Rockin' Rollercoaster after this...well. The fastpass line was longer than the regular line, and the regular line was NOT short. There went that idea.

So, in Hollywood Studios we accomplished lunch, Beauty and the Beast, The Muppets, and Tower of Terror. Nothing else! DH really wanted to see Wishes again, so we thought we'd do it tonight...we headed over to MK, and DH's family headed to Downtown Disney.

We managed to time it impeccably, and scored great spots for the parade! I must say, it's way easier finding spots for 2 than 20....

We ended up following the parade up to the partner's statue, and scored great spots for the castle show and Wishes. Against the fence, so nobody could squeeze in front of me. I know what I'm doing! Sigh. Perfection.
Our perfect spot:

DH reached into the bag to pull out his "sweater" when it got cooler...well, guess who has a t-shirt and long-sleeved shirt the same colour?? He was pretty funny about it, and insisted on putting it on.

After that, we decided to head out...what a madhouse. They were doing another memories castle show right after the fireworks...we ended up taking the "lovely" backstage way out...right past the dumpsters, yummmm. So magical.

Back at Pop, we had a very late night dinner, where I tried this:

It was not good.

Despite the crowds, this was a good day. It was nice just meeting for lunch and a ride with a few people. No pressure. Super fun being in MK alone with DH...we've never been without family, and we've been to Disney 4 times together. Back in the room, we started packing up, as we were heading to AKL the next day!
I pictured our random "stuff" here...I tease DH about the juxtaposition between my bridal ears and the hat that he'd been wearing!

Last edited by neener3; 04-30-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: