Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #136
I'm.a.Disney.Bride
Earning My Ears

All your picture are so good...I hope I get Regina!! The pictures of your dessert makes me sooo hungry...I think I might have to go eat now oh and I loved the story about the little girl!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #137
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm.a.Disney.Bride View Post
All your picture are so good...I hope I get Regina!! The pictures of your dessert makes me sooo hungry...I think I might have to go eat now oh and I loved the story about the little girl!
Thanks! I wish Regina could photograph me all the time lol. And the pictures of my dessert make ME hungry - I need to figure something out for when we go back in November!
neener3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #138
neener3
Mouseketeer

MK shoot!

After we got off of the bus I kind of RAN to our room (which was about as far away from the buses as we could get!). My bridesmaids and their significant others ended up coming over to return some stuff from getting ready that morning, and we all ended up sitting around gabbing before I realized that we had to be up in a couple of hours! (and so did they bahahah)

When the alarm went off, I bounced up, literally. I was PUMPED for this shoot. A quick check of my hair told me that I had (thankfully!) slept like the dead and not moved at all. I reapplied some foundation, blush, and bronzer, but Patricia's makeup job held true. My girls showed up to lace me into my gown and my maid of honour tucked a few stray hairs in. I'm soooooo glad we didn't spend the extra money and time on getting hair and makeup done again. My maid of honour was prepared to re-do my hair if need be, but it just didn't need to be done. They laced me up, I grabbed my flowers from the fridge, and we headed out.

We were meeting Regina and Dean in the parking lot closest to our building, well we went to the wrong one because our brains were all fuzzy. Whoops! Thankfully we realized our mistake pretty quickly. Regina was impressed that my flowers stayed in good shape, no flower refresh here! She about nearly fell over when I mentioned that I hadn't had my hair or makeup re-done! A quick through some quiet streets, and before we knew it, we were backstage in Magic Kingdom. Now, Epcot backstage totally ruined it for me....but that might have more to do with the van incident. MK wasn't anything thrilling, but Dean and Regina pointed out where they keep parade floats and etc, which was cute. I didn't realized that we'd actually be driving THROUGH Magic Kingdom, so when Dean got out to open the gate by Splash Mountain I was kind of giddy as I realized (simple minds...I know.). We parked right by the Haunted Mansion queue and hopped out.

Our first stop was the bridge. I had been eyeing the bridge in other bride's Trip Reports, and was super excited when it was our first stop. Now. DH and I agreed that we weren't going to give any direction in this shoot. I had wisely kept my fear of the MK shoot to myself after seeing and reading some not so great things. I knew he'd cut it! I was NOT about to let that happen lol. I had been put at ease when we got Regina as our photographer, and more so when she gave us our two photos at the Dessert Party and then handed us one that morning! This was her show, and we were just going to go with it.

So, the bridge.

Fave.

I love those pictures.
We got ready to move on, and I noticed some mumbling and conferring from Regina and our crew. We were given the okay to go through the fence onto the grass in front of the castle. I pretty much shrieked and hopped on through. One of those pictures was put up on Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding Facebook site, and ohhh man, is it ever funny to read the comments! People saying that it must be fake, and people aren't allowed to go down there, and then that the people in it must have paid a fortune.... I got a huge kick out of it. Of course, there were people who loved it too, I just got a kick out of the negative nancy's.

I know there's been a lot of talk about the Mk shoots. And truly, I did think that it was unfair that we were paying $1100.00 and not getting the private in park experience that everyone else was getting. DH and I had discussed that a lot. We had aimed for this shoot because we wanted to photos and the experience. The day of, all of those thought were gone. There was nobody in any general area of that bridge, it was roped off. We moved over to the partner statue and our "security detail" politely asked people to move. I was in such a daze that I was SHOCKED when Regina asked me how it felt to boot Extreme Home Makeover!

Yep, there are people clustered in the back of those photos. Those are the only ones we have with people in them. I emailed our photography contact and said "When I expressed my concerns about the MK shoot being pushed back and guests being in the park, I was assured that nobody would be in our pictures, but if it happened by chance, anyone would be edited out. I notice there are people in these two photos, and would like them edited please." We were told it would be done so I'll let you all know when the DVD and album come (they're on their way). I don't have a bad taste in my mouth about it at all.

We moved up to the side of the castle. All of the guests were re-routed the other way.

And for the entrance ones, Regina and Dean made sure nobody was inside the corridor, and the other guests were held for a few minutes for us.

Inside, people were very respectful, and the little girls heading for breakfast were in AWE, which really just added to the whole thing.

I hate that this picture on screen looks like I have a baby belly, but was THRILLED when we got the 4x6 proofs and you can really tell that the fabric on my dress was puckering. Sigh. Relief.

Once we moved beyond the castle, we were in roped off areas again. I mean, by no means are you ALONE, there are workers everywhere!

I'll finish up with the carousel and Haunted Mansion in another post; I've reached my limit! I hope everyone can see that having a 7:30 session isn't the worst thing in the world though. I am certain we would have LOVED being in the park in the dark alone. Really. But it wasn't tainted in any way. We loved the congratulations and the little girls and the general mood in the park that morning. I love my pictures. There are maybe 5 from our MK session that I don't like, and it's to do with our facial expressions, not Regina's work or the fact that it was day, not night. We never thought we'd pay the money for the DVD, but it's on it's way! I'm happy that we just let Regina do her thing, because we're thrilled with the results.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #139
belle2211
DIS Veteran

BEAUTIFUL pictures! Absolutely gorgeous! I kept going back and forth about getting the MK shoot, but I know that I've always wanted a wedding shot in front of the castle so I went for it, with one condition--that I could have Regina. We had her for our engagment pictures and LOVED them and booked her for our wedding. We're locals (litteraly live less than 5 mins from the back of the MK) so I told my photography person that I didn't really care what day we did it as long as it was a weekend and we have Regina. And after seeing your pics, I feel even more at ease. I love them!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #140
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are gorgeous! I love the coloring in the castle/bridge ones, it reminds me of the Thomas Kinkade paintings of the castle.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #141
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are beautiful! I actually prefer the MK shoot in the light because most if the pictures in the dark have to use flash, so you don't get that natural lighting. The sky was gorgeous in your pictures and I really like the setups Regina did.

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #142
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
BEAUTIFUL pictures! Absolutely gorgeous! I kept going back and forth about getting the MK shoot, but I know that I've always wanted a wedding shot in front of the castle so I went for it, with one condition--that I could have Regina. We had her for our engagment pictures and LOVED them and booked her for our wedding. We're locals (litteraly live less than 5 mins from the back of the MK) so I told my photography person that I didn't really care what day we did it as long as it was a weekend and we have Regina. And after seeing your pics, I feel even more at ease. I love them!

Thank you! I'm glad I could help a bit. I know I scoured every single picture taken in a MK photo shoot before the wedding, to the point I couldn't look anymore because it was stressing me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezaddict231 View Post
Your pictures are gorgeous! I love the coloring in the castle/bridge ones, it reminds me of the Thomas Kinkade paintings of the castle.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesswendy720 View Post
Your pictures are beautiful! I actually prefer the MK shoot in the light because most if the pictures in the dark have to use flash, so you don't get that natural lighting. The sky was gorgeous in your pictures and I really like the setups Regina did.
I like the light ones too! But all I had really seen aside from Kelly and Adrian's pictures were the dark ones, so I kind of had this vision of the castle lit up...but I let go of that and just went with it. I told DH that I'd like to go back and do a shoot and have Regina as the photographer. He looked at me like I had two heads. Men.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #143
neener3
Mouseketeer

Finishing up at MK

After we left the castle we headed over to the carousel. Of course, DH spotted the sword in the stone and practically begged for some pictures. Regina informed us it was our shoot, and we could do whatever we wanted! So here's the result of THAT; we played around a little...

Very manly.

DH likes this a lot. I think he was just tired of kissing me and wanted the tables turned for once.

We moved into the carousel, where I thought there was no way on earth I'd be able to get up on a horse. Well...

Bam. It was easier than I thought, although it was very slippery up there and I thought I might fall off!

At this point? We were kind of tired of smiling and kissing lol. We had done a lot of it! Regina put us in the chair thing on the carousel and told us to "pretend to watch tv". THAT we can do!

We're smiling at the "tv" hahaha.

Once done at the carousel we headed over to the Haunted Mansion, which was DH's request. I wanted it too, I knew we'd have enough magical princess type photos in the other part of the shoot. Regina didn't waste our walk over though; she was scouting for spots. We ended up ducking into the wheelchair accessible line entrance at It's a Small World for these beauts.

My cousin insists that those pictures are straight out of a Taylor Swift video.

Onwards we went, stopping briefly at Columbia Harbour House (I think? We've never eaten here)

I'm glad we saved The Haunted Mansion until the end. They had just cleaned the hallway, so it was wet, but I definitely wanted pictures in it...and since we were at the end, I wasn't even careful about my dress lol.

Done! As soon as the last pic was snapped I whipped off my shoes and walked barefoot back over to the car. Regina and Dean dropped us back at Pop Century, where we ran into DH's family JUST about to board the bus to Animal Kingdom. DH's mom said they'd wait for us to get changed if we wanted...no way, bed was calling our names!
Old 04-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #144
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neener3 View Post
Done! As soon as the last pic was snapped I whipped off my shoes and walked barefoot back over to the car.
More gorgeous pics! But this last bit made me laugh! During our engagement pics at Epcot with Regina, for some reason my shoes were giving me blisters on the balls of my feet (I wear them all the time at work, but these were huge blisters!) anyways, I ended up taking them off and walking around barefoot and only putting them back on for pictures. I wondered if she thought I was crazy but now I know I'm not the only one!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #145
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

I really really love your MK shoot photos, they're amazing.

I wanted to do a MK shoot but Df said no until he saw one of yours (we didn't know it was yours at the time) on facebook. That one that people said looked fake is truly an inspirational pic. I love it.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #146
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
More gorgeous pics! But this last bit made me laugh! During our engagement pics at Epcot with Regina, for some reason my shoes were giving me blisters on the balls of my feet (I wear them all the time at work, but these were huge blisters!) anyways, I ended up taking them off and walking around barefoot and only putting them back on for pictures. I wondered if she thought I was crazy but now I know I'm not the only one!
Well that's it for the gorgeous pics I'm afraid
My feet have issues, they swell REALLY badly, especially in Florida. I teach, so I'm on my feet all day thus they don't get too sore walking around, but I really need to watch the swelling. I put flip flops on for the dessert party lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
I really really love your MK shoot photos, they're amazing.

I wanted to do a MK shoot but Df said no until he saw one of yours (we didn't know it was yours at the time) on facebook. That one that people said looked fake is truly an inspirational pic. I love it.
Awww thank you! I convinced Dh for the MK shoot by shoving the most beautiful pictures of them that I could find right in his face. He claims it was the best time ever, so I think that's a thumbs up for him!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #147
neener3
Mouseketeer

It's over...let's go to Animal Kingdom.

One would think after the whirlwind that was our wedding day, and the morning of the MK shoot, that we'd head off to crash for the day.

Well...it was DH's aunt's 50th birthday, and when we picked our date we were originally taking Wednesday to ourselves...it didn't go over so well. In retrospect, I'm glad we joined the family. But I think that's all I'll say about that.

We headed back to our room and were pretty hyped. We both doubted our ability to sleep for very long, and seriously considered just showering and heading off to Animal Kingdom. Well, I don't do so well without sleep, so suggested that we really give sleep a try. I wanted to set the alarm for 1pm (it was about 9:45), to which DH insisted he would never sleep that long.

Can you see where this is going? We put our earplugs in (which I HIGHLY recommend!!!), our heads hit the pillows and we pretty much went comatose. When the alarm went off at one we both shot out of bed...we were both in one of those sleeps that when you wake up you have no idea where you are, or whether it's night or day...or anything. Oy.

I checked out my hair and makeup again, and decided that I was never going to be this made up again in my life, it still looked good...so I was going to milk it. Thank you Patricia! This is over 24 hours later and going strong. After a quick shower we were off to the bus. Turns out that when you head to Animal Kingdom in the afternoon you get the bus to yourself.

Proof that Patricia's makeup and hair hold true (although it did suffer from water spray in the shower)! Yep, I even left the headband on...I'm the bride.

We had told everyone to meet us at the Safari at 2, and if we made it we'd all go on together, and if not to head on without us and we'd meet everyone at dinner. We just hadn't been sure how energetic we'd be. Turns out we were JUST on time, and everyone converged on the safari together. I wish they'd do something about this line...we were a group of 20 and we ended up getting split into no more than 6 because people kept cutting line! I was SO mad. There was a family of 3 that got on directly in front of us, well by mid line they were a party of 7 and that's when I put my foot down. Our party of 20 waited to get in line together and here we were all split up, and their party kept pushing through...pretending not to speak English. Let's just say their party didn't all get to join up, but I stopped a CM and we all got on together. I wasn't rude about it to the CM, but I was pretty ticked at all the rude people that had pushed in between us. Our newbies didn't know the "elbows out rule", so they had let people push through...they ended up literally 30-40 people behind us.

Finally getting on the ride...

I'll avoid the bajillion animal pictures we took (save that for when we went to Animal Kindom Lodge bahaha.). We've had better safaris. There weren't many animals out. We've always done the safari in the morning, so I think that had something to do with it.

After the safari we wandered through the paths and fell in love with the baby gorilla! The single males put on QUITE a show for us as well, which totally made up for a lackluster safari. Put up with their stench, it's worth it!

Okay, I lied about the animal pictures. Check out the baby!

At this point we separated in two large groups...half of us went to The Festival of the Lion King, and I have no clue where the rest went! The other half had already seen the show in the morning when we were snoozing...but it's my second favourite show on property, so it's wasn't an option to miss! Plus, I knew my mom would LOVE it (and she did).

We wandered back taking pictures after the show, and ended up at Everest.

My uncles decided to make Everest their first roller coaster ever. And BOY do I wish we had gotten THAT picture. We ended up getting fastpasses but the line was short so we rode it 3 times, adding and minusing people every time. We tried to get a perfect picture but ended up giving up because DH really wanted to ride Dinosaur before supper, and we thought we were running short on time. We grabbed fastpasses for Everest later. I don't like Dinosaur...too many jerks, bumps, and things screaming at me. I pretty much ride with my eyes closed. But DH loves it, so off we went. We ended up busting it over to Tusker House for dinner.

Where everyone was waiting, a miracle.

Well, we waited.

And waited.

And then it got dark. And we waited some more.

With my new mother in law

DH and I took advantage of the time to duck back to the bride for night pictures...

And people were still waiting.

Then I decided I needed a drink. Which I drank. Because we waited some more. Our reservation was for 7pm and it was after 8 when they led us in. No apology, but the hostess brought us in the restaurant, said, "You're in the room to your left", and left. We walked in and there were a bunch of empty tables, but no table for twenty. When I turned, there was a server there, and I put up my hands JUST like this guy, swear, , and didn't say a word. I didn't CARE if we were separated, but we honestly didn't know where to sit.

He went OFF on me. Literally. Off! Up one side of me and down the other, screeching, "It's not my problem! It's your fault you're a big party!"

Um...woah. He is super lucky he whipped out of the room, because, um, hello...I'm wearing a sparkly headband, my hair is done, I'm wearing a Just Married pin, and he's lucky DH didn't see the exchange but my mom sure did and she was in Momma Bear mode. I think she would have swiped his head off with her paw. I ended up snapping at her to sit down and demanded a manager. There was NO call for that. I worked in a restaurant for 3 years, and you know what? Big parties suck. You have to set aside tables for what seems like EVER to hold them (which they clearly didn't do for us), and sometimes they don't show. Sucks. I had given him this look because I didn't understand where on earth we were supposed to sit. We ended up being two sixes, which we shoved together ourselves, and an eight.

When the manager came over she apologized but I told her that after waiting over an hour only to be treated like that sorry wasn't going to cut it. We would have left entirely but it was DH's aunt's birthday, and Grammie had ordered a special cake...ugh. I informed the manager that there was no way I was letting that server come anywhere near me, and not only that, we were not paying the mandatory tip. She agreed. DH and I ended up not being charged the meal as well. We ended up tipping our new server because he was FANTASTIC (and treading very lightly....) and we believe in tipping for great service.

Bah. We've eaten here before as a large group and not had a problem, but I'll never go back. Dude ended up trying to come over to apologize to me but I cut him off and said "Sorry doesn't cut it, you NEVER speak to a guest like that". I would have been fired for doing anything close to that, and I only worked at Boston Pizza, not Disney!

Annnnyway. Our meals were fine. I wasn't so into eating. I was really shaken from that guy I think. I didn't even end up having birthday cake, which looked lovely.

We can put on a happy face though.
I can so see the stress in my face in this picture, ugh.

The park was closed by the time we left but we left leisurely lol. So much for those fastpasses! Animal Kingdom is really beautiful at night though, we'd never seen it. So we ended up gearing down on the way out.

Last edited by neener3; 04-21-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #148
neener3
Mouseketeer

Day 7 - Sea World and Shopping

Today was the day where we were squeezing in Sea World. It was just 6 of us, the "couples" of the group - well the younger ones, anyway. Us and my bridesmaids and their respective others. It was really relaxing and low key. We snagged a taxi at Pop Century to head over to SeaWorld. It was about $22.00, well worth it to be dropped at the gate. We had considered grabbing a bus at DTD...but...not worth the hassle.

So we were there bright and early.

We got sunscreened up; it was looking to be a scorcher. I shouldn't love this picture...but I do hahaha.

Getting sprayed down.

The crew immediately decided to conquer the Manta. Despite some begging, I was OUT of that one...the facing the ground thing really doesn't do it for me. I was more than happy to have a few minutes to myself (the first, besides a few before Patricia showed up the day of the wedding!) in the sun.

Conquered.

Up next was Atlantis. I wanted to get wet early, so that we'd have time to dry. We didn't plan this out very well! DH and I sat in the front row, but all of the guys ended up sitting on the left, all the girls on the left, and there was a BIIIIGGGG tilt to our boat. DH and I got soaked to my pleasure (I love water rides!) and to his chagrin. From Atlantis we hopped over to The Kraken where we hoped to dry off with some speed (errr, not so much).

This is from the other crew's trip to Sea World; they managed to get the crazy's from our family who waited for the front row. Note that's Philip's 74 year old Grammie is right up there!

We were trying to balance the shows/big rides today, and my big thing was the dolphin feeding...last trip it had been the one thing I had wanted to do...and somebody's family didn't meet us on time at our meeting spot so I missed out on it (hint: not my family). So we had to sketch out a plan, and the dolphin show was next up. I was surprised at how good this was, and although birds creep me out, I liked them in the show! After the dolphin show I convinced everyone to feed the rays. They were pretty leery lol.

We booted it over for a quick lunch afterwards; we had just enough time to shove some food in before the Shamu show. Nothing spectacular...chicken fingers and fries. The Shamu show wasn't as good as before...I'd skip it next time. Jenn was pretty excited about it though, she even bought a stuffed Shamu lol.

After a little penguin encounter the boys were clamouring for The Manta again, so off they went. My MOH and I held the bags and sunned. Okay, we napped. LOL. Jenn and Matt had a rental car booked that evening to head over to Tampa for a hockey game (typical Canucks!), so they headed off after that. DH and Kyle headed for the Kraken...which Amanda and I...you guessed it...had a seat in the sun! DH seemed concerned that I wasn't having fun, but I was, I was just really into people watching and relaxing today. There were no lines and everything was low key. I really enjoyed chilling by myself or Amanda. I wasn't in a mood, I think I just needed some down time.

This is what happens when you sit out on a ride...LOL. Poor Amanda! Bag Lady.

We hit up the manatees after that (love them!) and then headed to the dolphins. I thought I'd want to feed them more than anything, but they were having a demonstration and I managed to pet them, which I was possibly more excited about than the wedding...okay, not really, but super excited! DH still brings it up, I was like a little kid.

We decided to call it quits after that. It was pretty hot and we were tiring quickly, plus I had plans with my mom and aunt to go shopping, and DH was heading to Hollywood Studios with Amanda and Kyle. We took a taxi back to POP to change and they headed out. I had a leisurely hour or so ALL TO MYSELF (!), and then headed to the Premium Outlets with my mom and aunt. They were amazed, and my aunt went wild with shoes. We were all on our own for supper that night, and my aunt and I ended up having some eats back in the food court by ourselves at POP. It was really nice, and she told me what a great time they were having, and how they couldn't wait to come back. Yay! More Disney converts. I was really unsure as to what they would think of the whole thing, so I'm glad they had a great time.

DH reports that Hollywood Studios was somewhat of a madhouse, and people congratulated him and Amanda all night on their marriage! LOL. He still had his button on, silly thing, and although she didn't, I suppose one would think that you'd be with your wife hahaha. Ah well. I do wonder who they thought Kyle was!

Up next: People leave, people stay, Grammie has a meltdown, we meet up with one of my students and some friends.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:17 PM   #149
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My uncles decided to make Everest their first roller coaster ever. And BOY do I wish we had gotten THAT picture. We ended up getting fastpasses but the line was short so we rode it 3 times, adding and minusing people every time. We tried to get a perfect picture but ended up giving up because DH really wanted to ride Dinosaur before supper, and we thought we were running short on time. We grabbed fastpasses for Everest later. I don't like Dinosaur...too many jerks, bumps, and things screaming at me. I pretty much ride with my eyes closed. But DH loves it, so off we went. We ended up busting it over to Tusker House for dinner.

Where everyone was waiting, a miracle.

Well, we waited.

And waited.

And then it got dark. And we waited some more.

Then I decided I needed a drink. Which I drank. Because we waited some more. Our reservation was for 7pm and it was after 8 when they led us in. No apology, but the hostess brought us in the restaurant, said, "You're in the room to your left", and left. We walked in and there were a bunch of empty tables, but no table for twenty. When I turned, there was a server there, and I put up my hands JUST like this guy, swear, , and didn't say a word. I didn't CARE if we were separated, but we honestly didn't know where to sit.

He went OFF on me. Literally. Off! Up one side of me and down the other, screeching, "It's not my problem! It's your fault you're a big party!"

Um...woah. He is super lucky he whipped out of the room, because, um, hello...I'm wearing a sparkly headband, my hair is done, I'm wearing a Just Married pin, and he's lucky DH didn't see the exchange but my mom sure did and she was in Momma Bear mode. I think she would have swiped his head off with her paw. I ended up snapping at her to sit down and demanded a manager. There was NO call for that. I worked in a restaurant for 3 years, and you know what? Big parties suck. You have to set aside tables for what seems like EVER to hold them (which they clearly didn't do for us), and sometimes they don't show. Sucks. I had given him this look because I didn't understand where on earth we were supposed to sit. We ended up being two sixes, which we shoved together ourselves, and an eight.
When the manager came over she apologized but I told her that after waiting over an hour only to be treated like that sorry wasn't going to cut it. We would have left entirely but it was DH's aunt's birthday, and Grammie had ordered a special cake...ugh. I informed the manager that there was no way I was letting that server come anywhere near me, and not only that, we were not paying the mandatory tip. She agreed. DH and I ended up not being charged the meal as well. We ended up tipping our new server because he was FANTASTIC (and treading very lightly....) and we believe in tipping for great service.

Bah. We've eaten here before as a large group and not had a problem, but I'll never go back. Dude ended up trying to come over to apologize to me but I cut him off and said "Sorry doesn't cut it, you NEVER speak to a guest like that". I would have been fired for doing anything close to that, and I only worked at Boston Pizza, not Disney!

Annnnyway. Our meals were fine. I wasn't so into eating. I was really shaken from that guy I think. I didn't even end up having birthday cake, which looked lovely.

The park was closed by the time we left but we left leisurely lol. So much for those fastpasses! Animal Kingdom is really beautiful at night though, we'd never seen it. So we ended up gearing down on the way out.
I love Tusker House. Shame you receieved poor service to begin with - I'm well impressed with the way you handled it. I probably wouldn't have handled it as politely btw lovin the birthday cake

Quote:
Today was the day where we were squeezing in Sea World. It was just 6 of us, the "couples" of the group - well the younger ones, anyway. Us and my bridesmaids and their respective others. It was really relaxing and low key. We snagged a taxi at Pop Century to head over to SeaWorld. It was about $22.00, well worth it to be dropped at the gate. We had considered grabbing a bus at DTD...but...not worth the hassle.

The crew immediately decided to conquer the Manta. Despite some begging, I was OUT of that one...the facing the ground thing really doesn't do it for me. I was more than happy to have a few minutes to myself (the first, besides a few before Patricia showed up the day of the wedding!) in the sun.
Up next was Atlantis. I wanted to get wet early, so that we'd have time to dry. We didn't plan this out very well! DH and I sat in the front row, but all of the guys ended up sitting on the left, all the girls on the left, and there was a BIIIIGGGG tilt to our boat. DH and I got soaked to my pleasure (I love water rides!) and to his chagrin. From Atlantis we hopped over to The Kraken where we hoped to dry off with some speed (errr, not so much).

This is from the other crew's trip to Sea World; they managed to get the crazy's from our family who waited for the front row. Note that's Philip's 74 year old Grammie is right up there!

We were trying to balance the shows/big rides today, and my big thing was the dolphin feeding...last trip it had been the one thing I had wanted to do...and somebody's family didn't meet us on time at our meeting spot so I missed out on it (hint: not my family). So we had to sketch out a plan, and the dolphin show was next up. I was surprised at how good this was, and although birds creep me out, I liked them in the show! After the dolphin show I convinced everyone to feed the rays. They were pretty leery lol.

We booted it over for a quick lunch afterwards; we had just enough time to shove some food in before the Shamu show. Nothing spectacular...chicken fingers and fries. The Shamu show wasn't as good as before...I'd skip it next time. Jenn was pretty excited about it though, she even bought a stuffed Shamu lol.

After a little penguin encounter the boys were clamouring for The Manta again, so off they went. My MOH and I held the bags and sunned. Okay, we napped. LOL. Jenn and Matt had a rental car booked that evening to head over to Tampa for a hockey game (typical Canucks!), so they headed off after that. DH and Kyle headed for the Kraken...which Amanda and I...you guessed it...had a seat in the sun! DH seemed concerned that I wasn't having fun, but I was, I was just really into people watching and relaxing today. There were no lines and everything was low key. I really enjoyed chilling by myself or Amanda. I wasn't in a mood, I think I just needed some down time.

This is what happens when you sit out on a ride...LOL. Poor Amanda! Bag Lady.

We hit up the manatees after that (love them!) and then headed to the dolphins. I thought I'd want to feed them more than anything, but they were having a demonstration and I managed to pet them, which I was possibly more excited about than the wedding...okay, not really, but super excited! DH still brings it up, I was like a little kid.
Awww Sea worlds great though due to last years tragedy (which happened the day before we went) I'm yet to see the Shamu show.

Big thumbs up to Philips Grammie! By far braver than me.... I'm one of those people you describe as a 'bag lady'

also is Atlantis any good? I'm a big lover of water rides too but when we went it wasn't overly warm to DF lead me away from it

anyway loving the updates, I don't want your PJ to end - I like looking at photos!
Old 04-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #150
neener3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
I love Tusker House. Shame you receieved poor service to begin with - I'm well impressed with the way you handled it. I probably wouldn't have handled it as politely btw lovin the birthday cake

Awww Sea worlds great though due to last years tragedy (which happened the day before we went) I'm yet to see the Shamu show.

Big thumbs up to Philips Grammie! By far braver than me.... I'm one of those people you describe as a 'bag lady'

also is Atlantis any good? I'm a big lover of water rides too but when we went it wasn't overly warm to DF lead me away from it

anyway loving the updates, I don't want your PJ to end - I like looking at photos!
I think I only handled the Tusker House thing well because my mom was in utter outrage and I was determined to quell her anger! She was MAD. The cake looked lovely inside too - however, neither DH nor I had any, although his dad (who never eats dessert! Ever!) had two pieces!

And I LOVE Atlantis! But I love all water rides - Splash Mountain, Atlantis, Ripsaw Falls, Jurassic Park, Bilbo's Barges...anything with water, I love it. Atlantis has that crazy drop too, feels like your stomach is left up top and you're falling out of the boat. Good times!

Thanks for following along - I'm pretty sad about it ending too, but was more sad when the trip was over! I'm well recovered from the melancholy though and can actually enjoy reporting it now though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: