Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 07:30 AM   #1471
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
i like your new, its all fun and games till the cops show up, i thought in your kneck of the woods, they are the ones who bring the keg??? how many more days do have fed till you head home? gotts be coming soon?

Well, yeah, but, you know....LOL

I have 16 days left in Iraq, then 4 more in the Hilton in Kuwait...I'm so ready for this to be over...it's been a tough deployment.

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 08-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #1472
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post

One of my best friends had a child that had cancer in both of his eyes and Ohio State wanted to remove the eyes. However, that found Dr Sheilds at Wills Eye and she was able to do surery and radiation to cure the cancer. That was 18 years ago and he just graduated top of his High School class and started pre med at Marshall University this month. When you said that you guys were going there I just knew they would be able to help you!
wow, what a great story. i did a hvac job for a dr. about five years ago and the contractor who did it, is good friends with him. hear he teaches at wills and is a prof. at jefferson. i was talking to this contractor, who, treats me like there son and brother, what they wanted to do with the 6 week thing in philly, we live around 4 major hosp. that have huge cancer wings and rad. treatment and chemo., there has got to be someone closer. the contractor call dr. racccado and thursday night he called me at home. i had no idea. he said he was talking to david (the contractor) and he wanted to know what was going on. i told him the story and he said, and i quote," listen and listen closley, you do exactly what they tell you to do, dont mess around, it maybe a hassel, it may cost a few bucks, but they do this stuff every day. this is to close to the brain and the other eye and if its not handle properly, she will end up loosing the other eye. those two dr. are the best in the world and your lucky your only 11/2 hours away.people come from all over the world to see him." well, thats what we needed, a good kick in the butt.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2010, 07:49 AM   #1473
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
That's great news, Hope everything works out the 1st time and is on the road to recovery soon. When is this happening, if my DW & I are off, we have zoo passes, could get you in for free, nothing like watching animals to relax during a trying time.
commando, they are going to be calling this monday with a date. thanks for the zoo offer!!!, but i dont want to wonder to far away. from what we know so far she will be getting an mri first thing in the am than they will be aiming and setting up the rad. treatment than they are going to hit her with it. thanks again buddy. i may get her a room at the hol inn express on wallnut for the night. if shes going to be throwing up and not feeling good, the last thing she is gonna want to do is sit in vine street and 676 and 76 for three hours in rush hour traffic. ill just drive down the next day to get her.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:52 AM   #1474
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Well, yeah, but, you know....LOL

I have 16 days left in Iraq, then 4 more in the Hilton in Kuwait...I'm so ready for this to be over...it's been a tough deployment.
16 days isnt that bad, but it must seem like a life time. keep your head down hopefully we will bump into each other in december.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:00 AM   #1475
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Dave, that is just Great news. If you go to Independence Hall, Sonny's is just down the street, they have Great cheese steaks. Ask for directions at the info center, and get them with whiz.
that sounds like a good idea. i wanted to walk to genos whos on the same street im on, but its a looooooooooong walk and i dont feel like driving around once im in the city. ill check it out, maybe there on line. if not , ill ask someone im sure they would know. philly is a great city but the roads were built for horse and buggys and for some reason they take a 10 foot wide road and make it three lanes. i dont know how the truck drivers do it, on 9th down by vine street theres a china town and i barely get a mini van through, between the trucks parked and the cars parked theres no room but seem to get the trucks through. thanks for the tip, i have a hard time walking by the soft pretzells. i had 4 of them one day and thats all i ate. dw was not to happy.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:33 AM   #1476
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
His Dallas teams have severely underachieved given their talent level. I am a Giants fan and I'll admit that I still can't believe we beat Dallas in Dallas in the playoffs the year that we also beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. It was a magical run, but Dallas was outplayed and outcoached that game. They just were not ready for the Giants and I blame the head coach for that.
Giants had a great playoff run, including playing their starters in a "meaningless" game (there's no such thing) against the Pats. Then, they lay an egg the next year.

Quote:
Players when I was playing...Coaches when I coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post
If the coaches do a good enough job teaching.. and the players buy in to what the coaches are teaching.. and the ENTIRE organization is all working in the same direction.. you will see success. But if one of those factors are missing.. problems can and will arrise. Just my humble opinion...
Well said. Unfortunately, sports is like everything else in America - instant gratification. You were in last place last year, so here are three new players - go win a championship this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
There was an old expression about Bear Bryant - he could take his and beat yours, then he could take yours and beat his.
He did a great job coaching Forest Gump! And, UK let him go as coach. Their basketball program has always been formidable, but football has been a joke. I guess you don't have many college programs that post a dominant program in basketball and football.

Quote:
: i dont know how the truck drivers do it, on 9th down by vine street theres a china town and i barely get a mini van through, between the trucks parked and the cars parked theres no room but seem to get the trucks through.
They think of the cheese steaks, pretzels, and beer on the other side.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 08-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #1477
unclescrooge_0707
I'M ON THE RIGHT!!!
DDC 418

Quote:
Players when I was playing...Coaches when I coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
I'm still using a Mach 3...have Fusion in the drawer to start using...but I'm lucky if I shave twice a week...so they last a long time.

That may be another way for Dis Dads to spot me at the World in a few days...I'll be the guy in need of a shave.
I shave every monday morning, weather I need to or not. I probably "need" to shave Thursday morning as well, but I have a pretty relaxed office. I'm not the right person to ask about razors, since I've had the same Gilette Fusion blade since June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Barbosa View Post
Or maybe get a Brazilian waxing for the beard.

Quote:

Ok, I'll stop...just couldn't resist, hope you guys aren't too aggravated at me
I keep posting at the end of pages, and feel i get lost in the shuffle. So i'm saying page ownership is better than page closing.

Quote:
Hope your wife is feeling better Taco Bell on even a good stomach IMO is asking for trouble I guess if you want to make sure you are feeling better, it's a good test
Taco Bell is dangerous on a GOOD Stomach, but OH. So. Good. :dreaming: emoticon.

Now I want Taco Bell...

I DO have a 7:30 Chef Mickey reservation during Christmas week. I'm excited about not missing any theme park time. And, I have a 9 p.m. dinner ressie at Epcot, following a 5:30 Fantasmic! dinner show reservation. Our group of 9 can make that ressie, right? I know they're in different parks, but if Fantasmic ends by 6:15, then it's 7 by the time we get to the parking lot. So long as we drive to DHS, then drive straight to Epcot, that's... Reasonable, yes?

My completed first Trip Report:
I'm not a foodie, but I play one at WDW - completed through lack of updates 6/14/11!
Old 08-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #1478
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
well, after 4 doctors meeting 3 times today at jefferson univ. hosp. they have decided to do the one shot radiation treatment for dw. so we dont have to go to philly for 6 straight weeks. i got train sched. bus sched. and hotel rates today and thank god we didnt need them. all goes well and she will have to go back for an mri after we get back from wdw, than 6 months later and than every 6 months for atleast 3 years. no big deal. what a relief, we havnt slept a full night in over a week. they said she will have a bald spot the size of a quarter on her head, no big deal,she said she can hide that. she will have some swelling near her eye. after her operation, her eye was so black and blue and swollen, her glass's were half way down her nose. and she will have alittle pain and may get an upset stomach. she said she can handle that better than being stuck in center city for 6 weeks. the day of her apointment, well have to be there by 6:30am and the dr. said you will be in rush hour traffic when you leave. she will be getting set up all day and ill be hanging out. im thinkin ill go up to the liberty bell and independ. hall and check it out, i havnt been there since i was a kid and its only a few blocks up away. anyone else gonna be around that area let me know.
That's great news Dave. She remains on my prayer list.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 08-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #1479
KTME
DIS Dad

CRUD!!!!

Wow what a long week. I have not been able to get on in a fwe days. Dave glad to hear that things are working out for you wife.

Fed you are getting closer. Hang in there and it will all be over soon.

Everyone have a great rest of your weekends.

Kevin

Old 08-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #1480
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Saw "Despicable Me" just a few minutes ago...

Love the Minions...

Favorite part of the movie was when one of the minions cracks another minion then shakes him up like a glow stick.

I thought I'd pee my pants.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #1481
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Saw "Despicable Me" just a few minutes ago...

Love the Minions...

Favorite part of the movie was when one of the minions cracks another minion then shakes him up like a glow stick.

I thought I'd pee my pants.
Wow just noticed the ticker 7 days, that's like being in the breifing room at the GM test track waiting for the doors to open, where you can see it, but your not quite there yet
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #1482
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

anyone logged on, is my green light on that im logged on?
Old 08-28-2010, 08:37 PM   #1483
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

I'm here, your green light is not on
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #1484
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm here, your green light is not on
this happened to me one time before. i just noticed my light is red. some how my settings change and i dont change them. ill have to remember how to change it again. thanks commando!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #1485
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
this happened to me one time before. i just noticed my light is red. some how my settings change and i dont change them. ill have to remember how to change it again. thanks commando!
Dave, you are green now

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: