Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #1456
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Today was an interesting day. I was off today so it was going to be a Daddy Daughter lunch date day and as soon as Lauren got up she threw up...I don't handle that well... I can take blood but not mucous and junk like that....anyway....she wanted something to drink so I got her some meds and juice...a minute later...grape juice is going everywhere and mucous mixed with grape juice is even worse...Things improved and we decided to try to go ahead and try lunch...she picked Taco Bell...yeah on a bad stomach....asking for trouble...however we got our stuff and sat down and she said "I can't eat this"....I kept thinking she is going to hurl all over the place in the middle of the lunch rush...I hurried and ate and we took her homes so she could just lay on the couch.....Then Ethan comes home from school and it appears that they had to put the school on lockdown today because someone had called and threatened an "act of violence".....it takes all kinds to make a world I guess...I thought we would go to one of the many high school football games tonight...but no one here wanted to go so it looks like we are just gonna chill here...that is our day in a nutshell...how was everyone elses? LOL
Compared to this...woefully uneventful

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 08-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #1457
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
I'm having fun in the Community Forums again...I love people who watch television and think they know everything about what Cops can and can't do

...and yet again, DF OWNS the page...

Ok, I'll stop...just couldn't resist, hope you guys aren't too aggravated at me
let me take a stab at it, let see, can dos, eat krispy kremes, drink coffee, herass tourist in mini vans. im just kidding fed, jeeze, ill have every ga and fl state trooper following me!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2010, 08:09 PM   #1458
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Today was an interesting day. I was off today so it was going to be a Daddy Daughter lunch date day and as soon as Lauren got up she threw up...I don't handle that well... I can take blood but not mucous and junk like that....anyway....she wanted something to drink so I got her some meds and juice...a minute later...grape juice is going everywhere and mucous mixed with grape juice is even worse...Things improved and we decided to try to go ahead and try lunch...she picked Taco Bell...yeah on a bad stomach....asking for trouble...however we got our stuff and sat down and she said "I can't eat this"....I kept thinking she is going to hurl all over the place in the middle of the lunch rush...I hurried and ate and we took her homes so she could just lay on the couch.....Then Ethan comes home from school and it appears that they had to put the school on lockdown today because someone had called and threatened an "act of violence".....it takes all kinds to make a world I guess...I thought we would go to one of the many high school football games tonight...but no one here wanted to go so it looks like we are just gonna chill here...that is our day in a nutshell...how was everyone elses? LOL
taco bell on a bad stomach?? i like the #8 soft shell but that is an eat and run home quick rest. it takes about 10 min. for it to go through and its not good. i hope shes feeling better!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #1459
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

well, after 4 doctors meeting 3 times today at jefferson univ. hosp. they have decided to do the one shot radiation treatment for dw. so we dont have to go to philly for 6 straight weeks. i got train sched. bus sched. and hotel rates today and thank god we didnt need them. all goes well and she will have to go back for an mri after we get back from wdw, than 6 months later and than every 6 months for atleast 3 years. no big deal. what a relief, we havnt slept a full night in over a week. they said she will have a bald spot the size of a quarter on her head, no big deal,she said she can hide that. she will have some swelling near her eye. after her operation, her eye was so black and blue and swollen, her glass's were half way down her nose. and she will have alittle pain and may get an upset stomach. she said she can handle that better than being stuck in center city for 6 weeks. the day of her apointment, well have to be there by 6:30am and the dr. said you will be in rush hour traffic when you leave. she will be getting set up all day and ill be hanging out. im thinkin ill go up to the liberty bell and independ. hall and check it out, i havnt been there since i was a kid and its only a few blocks up away. anyone else gonna be around that area let me know.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:42 PM   #1460
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
well, after 4 doctors meeting 3 times today at jefferson univ. hosp. they have decided to do the one shot radiation treatment for dw. so we dont have to go to philly for 6 straight weeks. i got train sched. bus sched. and hotel rates today and thank god we didnt need them. all goes well and she will have to go back for an mri after we get back from wdw, than 6 months later and than every 6 months for atleast 3 years. no big deal. what a relief, we havnt slept a full night in over a week. they said she will have a bald spot the size of a quarter on her head, no big deal,she said she can hide that. she will have some swelling near her eye. after her operation, her eye was so black and blue and swollen, her glass's were half way down her nose. and she will have alittle pain and may get an upset stomach. she said she can handle that better than being stuck in center city for 6 weeks. the day of her apointment, well have to be there by 6:30am and the dr. said you will be in rush hour traffic when you leave. she will be getting set up all day and ill be hanging out. im thinkin ill go up to the liberty bell and independ. hall and check it out, i havnt been there since i was a kid and its only a few blocks up away. anyone else gonna be around that area let me know.
I am so gla that she is a candidate for the 1 time treatment!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 08-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #1461
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am so gla that she is a candidate for the 1 time treatment!!
they told us steve that since she is completely blind in that eye and her optic nerve is dead and no chance of ever getting it back that the one time shot cant hurt anything. if she had vision, they would have to do the 28-30 less doseage treatment so they dont kill everything. she has a radioligist and a brain surgon doing the treatment. the rad. is dr. warner-wasick, little germany lady and the surg. is dr. evans. both very nice and im told dr. evans is one of the best in the country. hes a young guy and very down to earth. its amazing were the people come from to go to wills eye. wow, ive talk to people from all over the country. its an amazing place.its almost like disney there, all the cast members go out of there for you. its bad when the guard at the front desk when you come in say "hey, good morning, tammy and dave, lookin good." im not kidding, the guy knows us by name. of course he meet me because im a pacer not a sitter and when tammy was getting operatted on, i hung out by my van on the upper deck of the parking garage, needless to say, he had to come up and see what i was doing lurking around the parking garage! didnt know i was on camera. ever since than, im like his brother. i walk up to the wawa and get coffee and i bring him back one. no cream or sugar.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:07 PM   #1462
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
they told us steve that since she is completely blind in that eye and her optic nerve is dead and no chance of ever getting it back that the one time shot cant hurt anything. if she had vision, they would have to do the 28-30 less doseage treatment so they dont kill everything. she has a radioligist and a brain surgon doing the treatment. the rad. is dr. warner-wasick, little germany lady and the surg. is dr. evans. both very nice and im told dr. evans is one of the best in the country. hes a young guy and very down to earth. its amazing were the people come from to go to wills eye. wow, ive talk to people from all over the country. its an amazing place.its almost like disney there, all the cast members go out of there for you. its bad when the guard at the front desk when you come in say "hey, good morning, tammy and dave, lookin good." im not kidding, the guy knows us by name. of course he meet me because im a pacer not a sitter and when tammy was getting operatted on, i hung out by my van on the upper deck of the parking garage, needless to say, he had to come up and see what i was doing lurking around the parking garage! didnt know i was on camera. ever since than, im like his brother. i walk up to the wawa and get coffee and i bring him back one. no cream or sugar.

One of my best friends had a child that had cancer in both of his eyes and Ohio State wanted to remove the eyes. However, that found Dr Sheilds at Wills Eye and she was able to do surery and radiation to cure the cancer. That was 18 years ago and he just graduated top of his High School class and started pre med at Marshall University this month. When you said that you guys were going there I just knew they would be able to help you!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 08-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #1463
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Carl, as of now it looks like we will be going to SP Tues, 8/31. It is also a bring a friend free day after 3pm, If you Family is going that's your ticket in

Don, We are planning on being at BG Sat 9/25 for Hallow Scream, maybe you can make it
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-27-2010, 11:10 PM   #1464
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
That's great news, Hope everything works out the 1st time and is on the road to recovery soon. When is this happening, if my DW & I are off, we have zoo passes, could get you in for free, nothing like watching animals to relax during a trying time.
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-27-2010, 11:15 PM   #1465
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Hope your wife is feeling better Taco Bell on even a good stomach IMO is asking for trouble I guess if you want to make sure you are feeling better, it's a good test

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-28-2010, 12:30 AM   #1466
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
I'm having fun in the Community Forums again...I love people who watch television and think they know everything about what Cops can and can't do

...and yet again, DF OWNS the page...

Ok, I'll stop...just couldn't resist, hope you guys aren't too aggravated at me
My Dad would be with you on this, he was in charge of the road div. in the Sheriffs Dept, the HQ was in a County Park, they were also in charge of all the County Parks, well seems like alot of people thought they were park patrol and told them you can't give me a ticket, all my Dad would say to them is better take a 2nd look at the badge and car, when they did they would change their tune (but still got the ticket). As you know wising off to County or State Police is not a good idea

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-28-2010, 12:49 AM   #1467
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Carl, as of now it looks like we will be going to SP Tues, 8/31. It is also a bring a friend free day after 3pm, If you Family is going that's your ticket in

Don, We are planning on being at BG Sat 9/25 for Hallow Scream, maybe you can make it
I will check on this I need to see when school starts.But this may be a plan!
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 08-28-2010, 06:17 AM   #1468
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Dave, that is just Great news. If you go to Independence Hall, Sonny's is just down the street, they have Great cheese steaks. Ask for directions at the info center, and get them with whiz.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:00 AM   #1469
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
let me take a stab at it, let see, can dos, eat krispy kremes, drink coffee, herass tourist in mini vans. im just kidding fed, jeeze, ill have every ga and fl state trooper following me!
Dude you are so on my list...............

Quote:

Sounds like it's working out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
My Dad would be with you on this, he was in charge of the road div. in the Sheriffs Dept, the HQ was in a County Park, they were also in charge of all the County Parks, well seems like alot of people thought they were park patrol and told them you can't give me a ticket, all my Dad would say to them is better take a 2nd look at the badge and car, when they did they would change their tune (but still got the ticket). As you know wising off to County or State Police is not a good idea

I just love the old "You can't do X, Y, Z"...

Me: Umm...yes I can, and ummm, yes I will....

Cannot believe I missed it...page OWNAGE...again...I need a life

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"

Last edited by DisneyFed; 08-28-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:26 AM   #1470
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dude you are so on my list...............

Sounds like it's working out!!!

I just love the old "You can't do X, Y, Z"...

Me: Umm...yes I can, and ummm, yes I will....

i like your new, its all fun and games till the cops show up, i thought in your kneck of the woods, they are the ones who bring the keg??? how many more days do have fed till you head home? gotts be coming soon?
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: