Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #1441
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I have coached my both girls soccer teams for the several years. Now, they are in U11G and U8G, and I coach both teams. Both are decent players, but not superstars. We have had some winning seasons, losing seasons, and dominant seasons (undefeated).

I always thought it was the players and never the coach. With Jimmy Johnson, the Cowboys had no salary cap, pulled the collosal Walker trade, and drafted well. So, was it great coaching or great players. Bellichek sucks in Cleveland and then is great with the Patriots, or was it Brady to Moss. Then, Sean Payton calls an on-side kick in the SuperBowl and they beat the colts, from Brees, considered a reclamation project.

So, is it the coaches or the players. The Cowboys have once again some terrific players the last few years. Maybe it's the players that win and the coach that lose it ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
It's hard to say. QBs and coaches - both get too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose.

I just never thought Wade Phillips was a good head coach and I still can't get over when he pulled Flutie in favor of Rob Johnson in Buffalo that year after Flutie started all year and led the team to the playoffs.

His Dallas teams have severely underachieved given their talent level. I am a Giants fan and I'll admit that I still can't believe we beat Dallas in Dallas in the playoffs the year that we also beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. It was a magical run, but Dallas was outplayed and outcoached that game. They just were not ready for the Giants and I blame the head coach for that.

ClearScreen
High school football and soccer coach here.. I'll add my two pennies...

Players or coaches??? Ya need BOTH.. to have a successful season, program, dynasty, etc..

If the coaches do a good enough job teaching.. and the players buy in to what the coaches are teaching.. and the ENTIRE organization is all working in the same direction.. you will see success. But if one of those factors are missing.. problems can and will arrise. Just my humble opinion...
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Old 08-27-2010, 07:44 AM   #1442
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsLightyear View Post
Awesome, thanks man. Sorry to hear about your whole situation going on right now. Were about 15 minutes outside of Philly, if you ever need anything, or your sister ever needs anything, just holler.
thanks!!! we are still hoping that she can have her treatments up here but its not looking good. she would have to go to 11th and samson everyday for six weeks. i looked into the holiday inn express on wallnut a few blocks away. with tax and all its about $150 per night for 4 nights a week for six weeks. which i dont care about the money, we can always make more as long as we are healthy. shes not thrilled about being in center city, by herself all week long, her treatment will take up about 30 min. of her day and the rest of the time it will be like prison. theres a group in our area that will transport her to jefferson for her treatments eveyday for free, but, thats not an easy ride everyday down the northeast extension, 76 , 676, to eigth street. train is about an hour drive to landsdale than a 45 min. train ride. so, she has some thinking to do this weekend. thanks again!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #1443
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Anyone use a safety razor and have a favorite? I prefer the Billy Gibbons/Dusty Hill look but DW isn't going for it. I've done the disposables route and can get about 3 shaves out of them on a good week. Electric razors just don't cut it either. A straight razor might be an option if my life insurance was paid up.
I'm still using a Mach 3...have Fusion in the drawer to start using...but I'm lucky if I shave twice a week...so they last a long time.

That may be another way for Dis Dads to spot me at the World in a few days...I'll be the guy in need of a shave.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:12 AM   #1444
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
I'm still using a Mach 3...have Fusion in the drawer to start using...but I'm lucky if I shave twice a week...so they last a long time.

That may be another way for Dis Dads to spot me at the World in a few days...I'll be the guy in need of a shave.
Maybe I need to create a whisker-inator.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #1445
Explodo
There's Something About Mary (Poppins)

Schick Hydro user over here. NOt a bad razor...but if you have a tough beard(like mine) you can kill a blade in about 4 uses. Really expensive.

Don't know if you guys know about this, but if you buy these crogenicly frozen razor blades they last much longer. Go here

http://www.greatrazors.com/

Not much more expensive, and they last much much longer than the untreated razors.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #1446
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Players when I was playing...Coaches when I coach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach81 View Post
High school football and soccer coach here.. I'll add my two pennies...

Players or coaches??? Ya need BOTH.. to have a successful season, program, dynasty, etc..

If the coaches do a good enough job teaching.. and the players buy in to what the coaches are teaching.. and the ENTIRE organization is all working in the same direction.. you will see success. But if one of those factors are missing.. problems can and will arrise. Just my humble opinion...
I agree 100%. You always need the right mix.

There are just some coaches who get the most out of their players and some who consistently don't. I am sure you have coaches near you who have near-dynasties in their programs, where year-after-year they are competing for a championship.

There was an old expression about Bear Bryant - he could take his and beat yours, then he could take yours and beat his.

ClearScreen
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #1447
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe I need to create a whisker-inator.
Or maybe get a Brazilian waxing for the beard.

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #1448
Big_Disney_Fan
Dis Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Anyone use a safety razor and have a favorite? I prefer the Billy Gibbons/Dusty Hill look but DW isn't going for it. I've done the disposables route and can get about 3 shaves out of them on a good week. Electric razors just don't cut it either. A straight razor might be an option if my life insurance was paid up.
I read some where, (and I am not admitting but) the ladies razors are designed to last longer because of the larger surface area they have to cover in one shave. Again I am not saying my drawer has a pretty pink razor in it but I can tell you that a very credible source belives this to be true.

Dis Dad Member #441
off prop 1975, ASMo 2001 Honeymoon, FWC 2007, ASMu 2007, POP 2008, CBR 2008, CR/BC/BW 2010, CBR 2011
Old 08-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #1449
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
High Tech Rednecks we are.
Is this one of those "Cornundrums" you are referring to?

Electric shaver guy here. When it's OOC, it's the Fusion. Although DW has been wanting me to try the new Gillette Fusion ProGlide... some battery operated fan-dangled thing.
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 08-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #1450
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Hey, y'all reckon' Disney would mind if I took the Carb restrictor off the 9.9 hp motors on the Sea Raycers and make it an honest 15 hp?

Just learned that the only thing separating a 9.9 hp Mercury outboard and a 15 hp is a little spacer in the carbs---kinda' like the restrictor plate on a NASCAR motor

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 08-27-2010, 01:45 PM   #1451
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

They'll make you pay for the extra gas you'll be using
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 08-27-2010, 01:47 PM   #1452
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Hey, y'all reckon' Disney would mind if I took the Carb restrictor off the 9.9 hp motors on the Sea Raycers and make it an honest 15 hp?

Just learned that the only thing separating a 9.9 hp Mercury outboard and a 15 hp is a little spacer in the carbs---kinda' like the restrictor plate on a NASCAR motor
Reminds me of when I first started to play golf. We used to open up the golf carts and place a tee in the carb. Ya get a bit more kick on the uptake.

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 08-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #1453
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
They'll make you pay for the extra gas you'll be using
I'm game

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
Reminds me of when I first started to play golf. We used to open up the golf carts and place a tee in the carb. Ya get a bit more kick on the uptake.

Heeeeeey, I didn't know that.........my local course has gas driven carts

I need to get after them Disney Basses sooner rather than later...

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

Last edited by DisneyFed; 08-27-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #1454
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

I'm having fun in the Community Forums again...I love people who watch television and think they know everything about what Cops can and can't do

...and yet again, DF OWNS the page...

Ok, I'll stop...just couldn't resist, hope you guys aren't too aggravated at me

Old 08-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #1455
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Today was an interesting day. I was off today so it was going to be a Daddy Daughter lunch date day and as soon as Lauren got up she threw up...I don't handle that well... I can take blood but not mucous and junk like that....anyway....she wanted something to drink so I got her some meds and juice...a minute later...grape juice is going everywhere and mucous mixed with grape juice is even worse...Things improved and we decided to try to go ahead and try lunch...she picked Taco Bell...yeah on a bad stomach....asking for trouble...however we got our stuff and sat down and she said "I can't eat this"....I kept thinking she is going to hurl all over the place in the middle of the lunch rush...I hurried and ate and we took her homes so she could just lay on the couch.....Then Ethan comes home from school and it appears that they had to put the school on lockdown today because someone had called and threatened an "act of violence".....it takes all kinds to make a world I guess...I thought we would go to one of the many high school football games tonight...but no one here wanted to go so it looks like we are just gonna chill here...that is our day in a nutshell...how was everyone elses? LOL
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: