Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-26-2010, 03:52 PM   #1426
BirdsLightyear
Mouseketeer
 
BirdsLightyear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Disney_Fan View Post
We have done MVMCP and it was great. 0 wait times and they do it up really nice. My boys loved it when it snowed on Main Street & when the castle froze. I cannot tell you how much hot coco and cookies they ate but it may have covered the entrance fee.
So, wait a minute......does the castle only light up during the MVMCP? We were really excited to see that, but its not looking like were going to buy the tickets for the party. We'll be pretty disappointed if we dont get to see it.
__________________
Chris - DisDads Club Member #510 DisDads Facebook Group Member and Dad to 8 little Eagles fans in the making.
BirdsLightyear is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 05:38 PM   #1427
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran
 
dvczerfs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.
Posts: 9,581

hi everyone!!!! i didnt get a chance to read everything but congrats tim on the good news!!! stopher, praying for your fil and your family buddy, hang in there. nate!! love seeing the corn maze again. that means its becomeing that time of year when we head down to wdw!!! could someone link up the december calander for me???? come on, you guys know i can only post and multi quote!! welcome new dads!!! fed, whens the new van coming????? i hope i didnt miss anyone. well, its been a long week. case #1 dw found out that the oncologist/radioligist wants to do 28-30 treatments. thats mon through fri. for 6 weeks. in PHILLY!! jefferson hosp. is 11/2 hours away if you leave at 5am and 21/2 hours coming home. we cant believe they cant treat her closer to home, we have two major hosp. 20-30 mins. down the road that treat cancer with radiation and are big hosp. case #2 my brother in law is in the univ. of pa ( in philly) on his 7th day of chemo, he has 1 more day to go and than they will start the stem cell transplant. my sister is a mess as can be expected. she has been staying in a hotel across from the hosp. and ive gone down a few times to visit her. ive waved to my bil through a window. (has no blood count at this time) hes in near the childrens hosp and its a ruff place to be. i watched both my parents suffer and pass away with cancer when i was 16 and 17 and than my 44 year old brother in 2000 with limphoma passed away. my sister is a breast cancer survivor and my oldest brother had skin cancer, but i have a real ruff time watching little kids fight for there lives. case #3 looks like my father in law needs a new heart valve again. he had a new one put in 15 years ago and its leaking. looks like he will be going to drexel univ. or the same hosp. my bil is in. not to sure on many details yet. its been busy at work for the first time in a long time.(WHICH IS A GOOD THING) need my job!!case #4 yes, i turned 45 on monday. the anual dr. visit for me on tuesday and old chubbsy is 180lb. (im only 5-8) and a chol. of 315. and my right ear hurts from dw naggin me about my health and how she needs me. ya,ya,ya. with my life insurance she can buy one of those new houses on disney property. she said and get a pool boy by the name of biff. so she has it all plained out. i should be around more to get this page count up!!!
__________________
Driven 1100 miles each way, each year at least once a year since 1973. Started staying on property in 1987. Joined DVC in 1999. 41 years, 59 trips, 430 days and still counting!!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

dvczerfs is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #1428
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran
 
dvczerfs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.
Posts: 9,581

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsLightyear View Post
So, wait a minute......does the castle only light up during the MVMCP? We were really excited to see that, but its not looking like were going to buy the tickets for the party. We'll be pretty disappointed if we dont get to see it.
they light the castle eveynight!!!! they come on around dusk and there is a disney photographer that stands infront of the circle for family pics!!! the lines gets long just to warn you but pic is great!! we have a 8x10 in a wdw frame on our tv in the living room!!! ive been to the christmas party in 05 and 07 and we are going again this year but your realy not missing much. the parade and the snow on main street. fyi, the "limited ticket event" means there is no limit!!! in 05 it was great, not to many people ran from one ride to the next. it was during the week and not a discount ticket night. 07 was packed!!! not full, packed!!! the line for the resort buses went from the bus pick up point to the monorail ramp area back and forth three times!!!! the only time ive seen more people was christmas day when they closed the park because it was at capacity.it was a discount ticket night and a weekend. evey floridian was there. this year we are doing a non discount night and a week night. its only the three of us so it $30 more.(lesson learned) if i was a party of 10, i wouldnt do it.
__________________
Driven 1100 miles each way, each year at least once a year since 1973. Started staying on property in 1987. Joined DVC in 1999. 41 years, 59 trips, 430 days and still counting!!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

dvczerfs is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #1429
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran
 
dvczerfs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.
Posts: 9,581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Since we always go somewhere on my day off, can't stand staying at home if we can get alittle trip done, just like to spend time with the family

Today we visited Easton PA, The Crayola Factory It wasn't the actual factory, but they did have a demo on how crayons and markers were made, and it was pretty interesting My son had a blast doing different crafts, and now have alot of new things to hang on the fridge The National Canal Museum is on the upper floors and we almost didn't go to it, but it turned out to be a big hit with my son, he loved running the boat down a huge model canal waterway I found it quite interesting, I never really knew how a canal worked, but I guess you do learn something new everyday
COMMANDO!!! you were 15 min. from my house!!! why didnt you say were you were going. my brother is a molder at crayola, hes one of five that run the mold machines. hes been there since 1972. next time you head this way, let me know!!! just for a quick hand shake if nothing else. how far is easton from were you live?? mijo works about 5 mins. from were you were in phillipsburg.
__________________
Driven 1100 miles each way, each year at least once a year since 1973. Started staying on property in 1987. Joined DVC in 1999. 41 years, 59 trips, 430 days and still counting!!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

dvczerfs is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 06:05 PM   #1430
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good
 
wasnotafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,377

Safety razor

Anyone use a safety razor and have a favorite? I prefer the Billy Gibbons/Dusty Hill look but DW isn't going for it. I've done the disposables route and can get about 3 shaves out of them on a good week. Electric razors just don't cut it either. A straight razor might be an option if my life insurance was paid up.
__________________
May/June 98 - All Star Music Calypso
July 03 - All Star Music Rock
Sept/Oct 05 - POP Century 50's
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
wasnotafan is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #1431
BirdsLightyear
Mouseketeer
 
BirdsLightyear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
they light the castle eveynight!!!! they come on around dusk and there is a disney photographer that stands infront of the circle for family pics!!! the lines gets long just to warn you but pic is great!! we have a 8x10 in a wdw frame on our tv in the living room!!! ive been to the christmas party in 05 and 07 and we are going again this year but your realy not missing much. the parade and the snow on main street. fyi, the "limited ticket event" means there is no limit!!! in 05 it was great, not to many people ran from one ride to the next. it was during the week and not a discount ticket night. 07 was packed!!! not full, packed!!! the line for the resort buses went from the bus pick up point to the monorail ramp area back and forth three times!!!! the only time ive seen more people was christmas day when they closed the park because it was at capacity.it was a discount ticket night and a weekend. evey floridian was there. this year we are doing a non discount night and a week night. its only the three of us so it $30 more.(lesson learned) if i was a party of 10, i wouldnt do it.
Awesome, thanks man. Sorry to hear about your whole situation going on right now. Were about 15 minutes outside of Philly, if you ever need anything, or your sister ever needs anything, just holler.
__________________
Chris - DisDads Club Member #510 DisDads Facebook Group Member and Dad to 8 little Eagles fans in the making.
BirdsLightyear is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #1432
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind
 
ClearScreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chappaqua, NY
Posts: 1,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Clearscreen, for some reason, Yahoo is not recognizing my ID or e-mail address. It is really p!$$!% me off. I always hated Yahoo. You may have to delete me and add another.
I'd rather not do that. I sent you a PM. I may be able to delete you and re-invite you and see if that works.

ClearScreen
__________________
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
ClearScreen is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #1433
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,158

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
I'd rather not do that. I sent you a PM. I may be able to delete you and re-invite you and see if that works.

ClearScreen
I PMed you back. It's working now. This is what those IT people call IUE - Idiot User Error. So, whether it's Dallas or Figment - How bout them Cowboys!!
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 08:54 PM   #1434
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind
 
ClearScreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chappaqua, NY
Posts: 1,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I PMed you back. It's working now. This is what those IT people call IUE - Idiot User Error. So, whether it's Dallas or Figment - How bout them Cowboys!!
That's what happens when you let Wade Phillips run your Fantasy team.

To paraphrase Comic Book Guy, "Worst. Coach. Ever."

Better off letting Figment the Dragon handle things.

Anyway, glad you're aboard.

ClearScreen
__________________
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
ClearScreen is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 08:54 PM   #1435
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,158

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrollchristoph View Post
The yahoo site just uses the pro match-ups for the coming week. They give a spread and you just pick who you think will win. Get a point for every correct pick. Takes about 5 minutes per week to do it. Very simple.
I'm in. I will probably keep up with this better than my Fantasy League.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #1436
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,158

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
That's what happens when you let Wade Phillips run your Fantasy team. To paraphrase Comic Book Guy, "Worst. Coach. Ever."
I have coached my both girls soccer teams for the several years. Now, they are in U11G and U8G, and I coach both teams. Both are decent players, but not superstars. We have had some winning seasons, losing seasons, and dominant seasons (undefeated).

I always thought it was the players and never the coach. With Jimmy Johnson, the Cowboys had no salary cap, pulled the collosal Walker trade, and drafted well. So, was it great coaching or great players. Bellichek sucks in Cleveland and then is great with the Patriots, or was it Brady to Moss. Then, Sean Payton calls an on-side kick in the SuperBowl and they beat the colts, from Brees, considered a reclamation project.

So, is it the coaches or the players. The Cowboys have once again some terrific players the last few years. Maybe it's the players that win and the coach that lose it ...
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #1437
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind
 
ClearScreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chappaqua, NY
Posts: 1,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
I have coached my both girls soccer teams for the several years. Now, they are in U11G and U8G, and I coach both teams. Both are decent players, but not superstars. We have had some winning seasons, losing seasons, and dominant seasons (undefeated).

I always thought it was the players and never the coach. With Jimmy Johnson, the Cowboys had no salary cap, pulled the collosal Walker trade, and drafted well. So, was it great coaching or great players. Bellichek sucks in Cleveland and then is great with the Patriots, or was it Brady to Moss. Then, Sean Payton calls an on-side kick in the SuperBowl and they beat the colts, from Brees, considered a reclamation project.

So, is it the coaches or the players. The Cowboys have once again some terrific players the last few years. Maybe it's the players that win and the coach that lose it ...
It's hard to say. QBs and coaches - both get too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose.

I just never thought Wade Phillips was a good head coach and I still can't get over when he pulled Flutie in favor of Rob Johnson in Buffalo that year after Flutie started all year and led the team to the playoffs.

His Dallas teams have severely underachieved given their talent level. I am a Giants fan and I'll admit that I still can't believe we beat Dallas in Dallas in the playoffs the year that we also beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. It was a magical run, but Dallas was outplayed and outcoached that game. They just were not ready for the Giants and I blame the head coach for that.

ClearScreen
__________________
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
ClearScreen is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 10:00 PM   #1438
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans
 
Disney Commando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Shore, NJ
Posts: 5,751

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
COMMANDO!!! you were 15 min. from my house!!! why didnt you say were you were going. my brother is a molder at crayola, hes one of five that run the mold machines. hes been there since 1972. next time you head this way, let me know!!! just for a quick hand shake if nothing else. how far is easton from were you live?? mijo works about 5 mins. from were you were in phillipsburg.
Had no idea that was where you live, I would have given you a heads up, we didn't know we were going till about a hour before we left, we were going to go to SP but it was too crappy out to go, so it was a spur of the moment call We drove through Phillipsburg also

We live 1hour 23mins from Easton, exit 89 GSP.

Maybe it was your brother that did the demo, he said he has worked there a long time (had gray hair, glasses in his 50's)

Now that I know where you are I'll be sure to let you know if we are heading that way
__________________
Me DH (45), DW (44) , DS (8)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline  
Old 08-27-2010, 02:46 AM   #1439
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Saint Marys, GA
Posts: 2,721

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
Anyone use a safety razor and have a favorite? I prefer the Billy Gibbons/Dusty Hill look but DW isn't going for it. I've done the disposables route and can get about 3 shaves out of them on a good week. Electric razors just don't cut it either. A straight razor might be an option if my life insurance was paid up.

Schick Quattro!


Quote:
So, is it the coaches or the players
Players when I was playing...Coaches when I coach
__________________
Me DW DS DDog

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
DisneyFed is offline  
Old 08-27-2010, 07:11 AM   #1440
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran
 
dvczerfs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.
Posts: 9,581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Had no idea that was where you live, I would have given you a heads up, we didn't know we were going till about a hour before we left, we were going to go to SP but it was too crappy out to go, so it was a spur of the moment call We drove through Phillipsburg also

We live 1hour 23mins from Easton, exit 89 GSP.

Maybe it was your brother that did the demo, he said he has worked there a long time (had gray hair, glasses in his 50's)

Now that I know where you are I'll be sure to let you know if we are heading that way
sounds good!! no it wasnt him. he works in the factory which is about 15 min. away from were you were. he is in his 50s but he wouldnt be into doing tours. my uncle,who is also my god father was plant manager there for many years. he retired about 12 years ago. thats when it was called binney and smith. now, i think they are owned by hallmark. when it was binney and smith, they would give you a plant tour, now its like hershey, they have the fake tours.
__________________
Driven 1100 miles each way, each year at least once a year since 1973. Started staying on property in 1987. Joined DVC in 1999. 41 years, 59 trips, 430 days and still counting!!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

dvczerfs is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: