Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #1411
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Photo of the 2010 Fender's Farm Maze...not as flashy as the Boy Scout maze we had last year...but we are raising money for a good cause.

That is really Awesome Any idea of average time it takes someone to get through it
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-25-2010, 09:50 PM   #1412
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsLightyear View Post
I was wondering myself..If it is worth the money to go to the MVMCP...from a guys point of view....since it costs like 60 a head and as you see I have alot of heads to pay for
I can say that MNSSHP is worth it. I've yet to go to MVMCP so I cannot vouch for that. At close to $600 for your family to go, I'm not sure if I would do it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Yeah... you should get a volume discount there...
LOL Group pricing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Thanks one and all. It's been a trying week, to say the least. I know the coming weeks will have both good and and bad reports coming from California - and we'll roll with the punches as they come. But the support sure is helpful and appreciated.

I will say that I was absolutely touched last night, when DW came up to me and gave me a great big bear hug and said it was from her dad. He was moved to tears when she told him that she was coming out there - and that I had been insisting on it even before she started to think it was a good idea. He was so grateful and thrilled. It's just one of those things, you know - no matter how old you are, people just still crave appreciation and others noticing what you do. I was so appreciative of his little emotion as something so simple as telling his daughter that she needed to be out there with him. Sure her being gone for 12 days will be difficult at times, but I'm a guy - I can handle stress fairly well. And I can certainly suck it up and handle some extra stuff so she can go be with him for a while. There was no question in my mind that she needed to go - but it was nice to be told of his appreciation. You follow?
I totally understand. It is nice to know that we are loved and appreciated from time to time. I hope your FIL is comforted once your DW gets to Cali.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #1413
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Thanks one and all. It's been a trying week, to say the least. I know the coming weeks will have both good and and bad reports coming from California - and we'll roll with the punches as they come. But the support sure is helpful and appreciated.

I will say that I was absolutely touched last night, when DW came up to me and gave me a great big bear hug and said it was from her dad. He was moved to tears when she told him that she was coming out there - and that I had been insisting on it even before she started to think it was a good idea. He was so grateful and thrilled. It's just one of those things, you know - no matter how old you are, people just still crave appreciation and others noticing what you do. I was so appreciative of his little emotion as something so simple as telling his daughter that she needed to be out there with him. Sure her being gone for 12 days will be difficult at times, but I'm a guy - I can handle stress fairly well. And I can certainly suck it up and handle some extra stuff so she can go be with him for a while. There was no question in my mind that she needed to go - but it was nice to be told of his appreciation. You follow?
Absolutely. Sometimes its the little things that mean the most. He does appreciate the sacrifice you and your family are making for him. This is what family is all about. Best wishes to all of you. We are here for you.

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
Old 08-26-2010, 06:00 AM   #1414
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So Monday during one of the sessions during my Wood Badge training we saw the movie "October Sky". Any of you ever seen that one? It's really good. I got it from the library yesterday and we watched it as a family tonight. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. I had remembered wanting to see it when it was in the theatres back in '99. Lots of different kinds of lessons to be learned from it. And some very cool rocketry too. Check it out!
For some reason I'm always a sucker for these types of movies, guess it comes from growing up in one of those towns where all my friends dad's worked at the same place as mine and you were just kind of expected to follow.

Of course today it's a little tough for a kid to try and make his own rocket fuel without ending up on the news with homeland security surrounding his house

Quote:
Photo of the 2010 Fender's Farm Maze...not as flashy as the Boy Scout maze we had last year...but we are raising money for a good cause.
Glad to see you got the cornmazinator up and running before that damn platypus got there.

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 08-26-2010, 07:11 AM   #1415
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
Of course today it's a little tough for a kid to try and make his own rocket fuel without ending up on the news with homeland security surrounding his house
Oh yeah - wouldn't that just be something! So many places you can't even set off fireworks...let alone your own rockets. But wow, what a story.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 08-26-2010, 07:48 AM   #1416
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
I definitely follow.

Well wishes and continued prayers for speedy healing.
Totally understand where you are coming from.. good to get an "at a boy" every now and then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Since we always go somewhere on my day off, can't stand staying at home if we can get alittle trip done, just like to spend time with the family

Today we visited Easton PA, The Crayola Factory It wasn't the actual factory, but they did have a demo on how crayons and markers were made, and it was pretty interesting My son had a blast doing different crafts, and now have alot of new things to hang on the fridge The National Canal Museum is on the upper floors and we almost didn't go to it, but it turned out to be a big hit with my son, he loved running the boat down a huge model canal waterway I found it quite interesting, I never really knew how a canal worked, but I guess you do learn something new everyday
Spending time with family.. one of the most important things you can do.. I've learned that the hard way after going through some very tough times with my coaching.. family ALWAYS IS.. the most important thing.. Glad you had a good day with your family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
Absolutely. Sometimes its the little things that mean the most. He does appreciate the sacrifice you and your family are making for him. This is what family is all about. Best wishes to all of you. We are here for you.
Amen!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Old 08-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #1417
Big_Disney_Fan
Dis Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsLightyear View Post
I was wondering myself..If it is worth the money to go to the MVMCP...from a guys point of view....since it costs like 60 a head and as you see I have alot of heads to pay for
We have done MVMCP and it was great. 0 wait times and they do it up really nice. My boys loved it when it snowed on Main Street & when the castle froze. I cannot tell you how much hot coco and cookies they ate but it may have covered the entrance fee.

Dis Dad Member #441
off prop 1975, ASMo 2001 Honeymoon, FWC 2007, ASMu 2007, POP 2008, CBR 2008, CR/BC/BW 2010, CBR 2011
Old 08-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #1418
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
So Monday during one of the sessions during my Wood Badge training we saw the movie "October Sky". Any of you ever seen that one? It's really good. I got it from the library yesterday and we watched it as a family tonight. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. I had remembered wanting to see it when it was in the theatres back in '99. Lots of different kinds of lessons to be learned from it. And some very cool rocketry too. Check it out!
Definitely a quality movie. I think that was the first time I had even seen Chris Cooper in a film, and I remember thinking, "I don't know who that actor is, but he's really good."

Quote:

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is the route to the center not all that far from the entrance?

Quote:

[QUOTE=Disney Commando;37968279]Today we visited Easton PA, The Crayola Factory It wasn't the actual factory, but they did have a demo on how crayons and markers were made, and it was pretty interesting My son had a blast doing different crafts, and now have alot of new things to hang on the fridge QUOTE]

I need to check that place out sometime. Everybody I know who has gone up there has really enjoyed it.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #1419
tutter99
DIS Veteran

I swung by Walmart this morning and they had a display by the register of old Disney movies for $6, not the normal ones but ones like:
Darby O'Gill and the Little People
In Search of the Castaways
Summer Magic
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
The Cat From Outer Space

Damn its weird how just seeing the DVD case can take you back to being a kid sitting on the floor watching TV with the family on a Sunday night.

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 08-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #1420
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
That is really Awesome Any idea of average time it takes someone to get through it
anywhere from 1 to 1½hrs. Me...once I learn my way around... about 30 minutes

Quote:
Glad to see you got the cornmazinator up and running before that damn platypus got there.
Curse you Perry the Opossum!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Are my eyes deceiving me, or is the route to the center not all that far from the entrance?
You see correctly..."d-r-e-n" then "t-a-l" and you are pretty much out...but then that's the path that is ends Phase 1 there you have choice to quit and take a break or just say I've had enough...or start Phase 2.

Throughout the maze there are 10 numbered guide post signs...If you find all and answer all the "Cornundrums" correctly you can enter a prize drawing...last year he gave away a 4-wheeler.

We also have some signs where if you are really lost in one of the dead ends...you can send a text and it will guide you to the correct path.

High Tech Rednecks we are.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #1421
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Quote:
Darby O'Gill and the Little People
In Search of the Castaways
Summer Magic
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
The Cat From Outer Space

its weird how just seeing the DVD case can take you back to being a kid sitting on the floor watching TV with the family on a Sunday night.
Or if you are old enough, putting on your pajamas and going to the drive-in where they had a double feature and played the intermission films

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26pQN...eature=related
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
Old 08-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #1422
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Despite what's going on in the family... I just have to say ( or announce )...

10 days til my DD and I are on our Daddy Daughter Adventure to the World!

My DW insists that we still go, and I'm in agreement. Changing now would just break our DD's heart. She's been counting down the days since around 65 (on the wipe-off board in our kitchen) - but we've been planning it since last September. Now we just have to pray for decent weather.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:54 AM   #1423
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
anywhere from 1 to 1½hrs. Me...once I learn my way around... about 30 minutes

Curse you Perry the Opossum!!!

You see correctly..."d-r-e-n" then "t-a-l" and you are pretty much out...but then that's the path that is ends Phase 1 there you have choice to quit and take a break or just say I've had enough...or start Phase 2.

Throughout the maze there are 10 numbered guide post signs...If you find all and answer all the "Cornundrums" correctly you can enter a prize drawing...last year he gave away a 4-wheeler.

We also have some signs where if you are really lost in one of the dead ends...you can send a text and it will guide you to the correct path.

High Tech Rednecks we are.
Don't forget to locate "fuzz hides"

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 08-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #1424
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Quote:
Despite what's going on in the family... I just have to say ( or announce )...

10 days til my DD and I are on our Daddy Daughter Adventure to the World!

My DW insists that we still go, and I'm in agreement. Changing now would just break our DD's heart. She's been counting down the days since around 65 (on the wipe-off board in our kitchen) - but we've been planning it since last September. Now we just have to pray for decent weather.
Have a great time! You can use a little break. Praying all goes well for you and the family.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
Old 08-26-2010, 03:08 PM   #1425
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Fantasy Football

Clearscreen, for some reason, Yahoo is not recognizing my ID or e-mail address. It is really p!$$!% me off. I always hated Yahoo. You may have to delete me and add another.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: