Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #1381
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Here's what it look like when your drive a late model Firebird past a cop at over a 100mph and slam into a bridge overpass. WARNING... graphic car destruction... although... the 19 year old driver is currently still alive in critical condition (miracle he even survived!)

Insane crash caught by trooper's video cam
Scotty from Star Trek - It's a Chevrolet Jim you can't push it any faster then that (Robin Williams) He's luckey to be alive.
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-24-2010, 10:26 PM   #1382
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Hello friends! It's been a few days since I was last on here! It seems a lot longer, though. So much going on - and as usual - so many pages to catch up on that I don't have the time to do... so CRUD

I spent the past weekend at a Scouting training course for adult leaders - Wood Badge, the highest level of adult training there is. This was weekend 1 of 2 (the next one is in a month) - in the woods, far from any internet connections and having poor cell phone service. It was awesome. Very busy, intense kind of training - full, long days, sleep quite elusive - but I had a blast. And it helped to refresh me to come back home and deal with the family stuff going on and better support my wife as well. Her dad does indeed have cancer. He has a form of lung cancer. He is within the approximate 10% of lifelong non-smokers that have it and the docs, while unsure, are estimating it's been there growing for the past 2-3 years. It's affecting his lungs, liver and kidneys, as well as numerous ones around his hip, pelvis and back. The docs are saying without chemo he probably has about 4-6 months. With it he might have 1-3 years. But they don't yet know if he will be able to do the chemo, because the tests for his strain of the cancer he has aren't back in yet. One strain responds to chemo, one doesn't. So my DW will be on a plane 2 weeks from tomorrow heading west to spend a couple of weeks with him, I made the reservations Friday right after she got the diagnosis report. She didn't want to disappoint our DD and ask me to postpone our Daddy Daughter Adventure - so we'll actually pass in the airport as we land at 1 on the 8th coming back from FL, and she'll take off at 3:30 heading west. At least DD will be able to hug mommy before being separated for a couple of weeks. Sigh.

Lots going on, that's for sure. I hope to get back into the swing of things soon.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #1383
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Chris-
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I hope that your FIL has the treatable cancer. I hate cancer.

I'll be thinking and praying for you guys.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:07 PM   #1384
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Hello friends! It's been a few days since I was last on here! It seems a lot longer, though. So much going on - and as usual - so many pages to catch up on that I don't have the time to do... so CRUD

I spent the past weekend at a Scouting training course for adult leaders - Wood Badge, the highest level of adult training there is. This was weekend 1 of 2 (the next one is in a month) - in the woods, far from any internet connections and having poor cell phone service. It was awesome. Very busy, intense kind of training - full, long days, sleep quite elusive - but I had a blast. And it helped to refresh me to come back home and deal with the family stuff going on and better support my wife as well. Her dad does indeed have cancer. He has a form of lung cancer. He is within the approximate 10% of lifelong non-smokers that have it and the docs, while unsure, are estimating it's been there growing for the past 2-3 years. It's affecting his lungs, liver and kidneys, as well as numerous ones around his hip, pelvis and back. The docs are saying without chemo he probably has about 4-6 months. With it he might have 1-3 years. But they don't yet know if he will be able to do the chemo, because the tests for his strain of the cancer he has aren't back in yet. One strain responds to chemo, one doesn't. So my DW will be on a plane 2 weeks from tomorrow heading west to spend a couple of weeks with him, I made the reservations Friday right after she got the diagnosis report. She didn't want to disappoint our DD and ask me to postpone our Daddy Daughter Adventure - so we'll actually pass in the airport as we land at 1 on the 8th coming back from FL, and she'll take off at 3:30 heading west. At least DD will be able to hug mommy before being separated for a couple of weeks. Sigh.

Lots going on, that's for sure. I hope to get back into the swing of things soon.
My Prayers are with you and your family, a friend of mine's father had pretty much the same thing, he had a span of 1-6months , he was a merchant marine, started taking alot of shark cartilage pills (learned in his years that sharks don't get cancer), beyond Docs belief it went into remission and lived 6 more years to the age of 82. Don't know if it was the will to live or the shark cartilage, but something woked out, everything thing seemed normal in his everydays till the last few weeks. I hope the best for your family.
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-25-2010, 03:31 AM   #1385
chillcoupons
Dis Dad's Club Member #81

Quote:

Chris my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:18 AM   #1386
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hang in there Stoph!

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 08-25-2010, 05:24 AM   #1387
Carl Fredricksen
Ah, ha ha ha! So long, boys! I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls!

WOW! I've been out for a bit since we were at WDW last week, and here we go with a new DisDad thread #5! Impressive that the membership is so strong...

Guys, I just have to share that I am having serious Disney withdrawal since we got back. We planned the trip for almost a year, and my kids were just at the right age to really appreciate the trip. We are already planning a return, but it seems to be forever before we get back.

Anyway, looking forward to getting back into the Dis groove on the site.

Me DW DD (14) DS (9)

1992 - WDW - Offsite/Holiday Inn Kissimmee
2010 - WDW - Pop Century (Trip Report)
Old 08-25-2010, 07:14 AM   #1388
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggydoc View Post
Holy Crud! Thanks for the link, I always like to show my daughter stuff like that so hopefully she will remember to always think before getting in a car with some idiot. Of course my wife would argue that includes me!
I try to avoid showing my son things like this, fearing that he will get ideas. Granted, he's only 3, but he already stages elaborate crash scenes with his toy cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
Well....did somebody say bacon!! Since I'm Canadian I figured I needed to jump in here. Canadian bacon is awesome, I sell an 8 oz Bacon sandwich on a kaiser at the restaurant. yum!!
mmmmm....Canadian bacon sandwich.

Quote:
Your FIL is still in our prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Fredricksen View Post
WOW! I've been out for a bit since we were at WDW last week, and here we go with a new DisDad thread #5! Impressive that the membership is so strong...

Guys, I just have to share that I am having serious Disney withdrawal since we got back. We planned the trip for almost a year, and my kids were just at the right age to really appreciate the trip. We are already planning a return, but it seems to be forever before we get back.

You know the best way to get back into the groove and out of your withdrawal? Trip Report! Oh yeah, and welcome home.

=======================

After work today, I'm packing up the family and heading to Kentucky for a long weekend. It's a combined 10th anniversary trip / end of summer bash. DW and I were doing some last minute packing/planning last night when I realized that I forgot the name of the ice cream place that was so highly recommended. A quick Google search this morning, and I now have a map of all of the Graeter's locations in the Louisville area. Whew, close one there.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:37 AM   #1389
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Scotty from Star Trek - It's a Chevrolet Jim you can't push it any faster then that (Robin Williams) He's luckey to be alive.
No doubt, incredible video!!!!

Quote:

Thoughts and prayers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Fredricksen View Post

My wife and I are the same way.. we just got back from a fantastic summer trip to the World, and now we have to wait about 6 months until we head back for our annual Mardi Gras Vacation!!!! If only we had money to burn....

Happy Hump day everyone!!!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Old 08-25-2010, 08:12 AM   #1390
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Chris still thinking of you, your family and your f.i.l.

Hang in there.
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 08-25-2010, 08:15 AM   #1391
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Got to fill me in on the details, still have to get one for Dec trip We still have to catch up at SP did you ever get a pass
YEa I will shoot you a pm for the shirt. No I never did get a SP pass,kinda sucks cause the kids are there several times a week. I was suposed to go on bring a friend day but never did.
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 08-25-2010, 08:17 AM   #1392
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187

I dont know if anyone noticed but my sig picked up an extra ticker lol.We will be going in Aug if anyone else is going let me know.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #1393
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187

Dont know how much you guys have been on here lately with the boards being really slow.
For the guys goin in Dec I dont know if you have been over on the Dec trip thread, but if not We have one meet and greet set up so far.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:25 AM   #1394
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187

Wow so this is what it feels like to lay claim to ownage of a page

ownage page #94

One more thing before I go to work. Have any of you Dads stayed at BLT? If so how was it? I am looking to book this at the 7 month window for Aug. Any reviews would help lol

Old 08-25-2010, 01:29 PM   #1395
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

•As confused as a hungry baby in a topless bar.

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: