Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 07:08 AM   #826
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
CRUD...

Ok so on Saturday night I sit down to relax and surf a bit only to find that my hard drive would not boot. I had an extra drive due to DW getting a new computer and being able to swap out the drives for her a little over a year ago.

So I know that I should back up more often but I ran a full backup using Norton 360 only a month ago. or so I thought.

I finally got a "working" machine here but all of my data files were corrupted from Norton's backup. I cannot read any of the picture files, my iTunes library is non-existant (and yes this was backed up and restored) even my Quicken file is corrupted to the point where Quicken tells me that it cannot read the file.

Any ideas out there from any of you tech savvy folks that could point a guy in the right direction?
I've never used Norton products before. Where does it write the backup, CD? Feel free to PM me with details and I can see if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Today was our 7th Wedding Anniversary we went to the Outback for Dinner After chowing down on the buffalo strips, tangy tomato dressing on the salad, a steak & a few cokes, we hit a few stores to check out the toy section (DS was at my parents house). Well let me tell you the good ole' fart cannon was working in it's prime It looked like some were going to drop right there in the aisle I did notice a few guys that had the look that they would love to claim it I'll probably be sleeping on the couch tonite
Congratulations! (On the anniversary and the fart cannon. Both awesome achievements )
Old 08-10-2010, 08:07 AM   #827
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Today was our 7th Wedding Anniversary we went to the Outback for Dinner After chowing down on the buffalo strips, tangy tomato dressing on the salad, a steak & a few cokes, we hit a few stores to check out the toy section (DS was at my parents house). Well let me tell you the good ole' fart cannon was working in it's prime It looked like some were going to drop right there in the aisle I did notice a few guys that had the look that they would love to claim it I'll probably be sleeping on the couch tonite
How in the WORLD did I miss this???

IDEA!!

Threaten the Racing Crabs with "Indirect Fire" if they don't improve on their performances...

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #828
DEA
DIS Veteran

Hey guys. I've been away for a variety of reasons, most recently a brief hospital stay (Boo!) followed almost immediately by a WDW trip (Yay!). Doing fine, although I have more Dr.'s appointments than I can count for followup.

I see everyone has been busy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates4me View Post
We are headed back to WDW November 11th. Any fellow Dis Dads going at this time?
My wife and I will be down there the 11th-15th for our anniversary trip, and to catch the end of Food and Wine.

DIS Dads Member #432
Old 08-10-2010, 09:19 AM   #829
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Anyone have kids that have read the "Kingdom Keepers" series???

My boy's have read both the 1st and 2nd books...they like it.

I was bored and started reading the 1st this weekend...pretty good kids series and a fun read.
My wife is on the 3rd and my son needs to hurry up with the 2nd so I can read it.
**SPOILER****
I new there was something wrong with Its a samll world!! Hate that ride now!!!!

Great series though. There are 4 total.
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:33 AM   #830
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post

:
This is my new background on my work computer!! THANKS FED!!
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #831
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Hmmmmm, Castmember Fingers!

Old 08-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #832
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
First, Just want to say that I had a great time in Myrtle Beach last week and ignored the thread for a few days. It's Monday now... All I can say is CRUD.

Been wondering if I passed you going the other way on Saturday. I miss sittin around drinking my morning coffee on the Balcony!
I would say there is a good chance that we passed. Was your trip home bumper to bumper? This week I think that the crowds are down because a lot of schools have started back..It is proving to be a good choice of when to go....where did you guys stay? Eat anywhere good? We have done Burro Loco, Thorny's, and California Pizza so far. Might drive up to Calabash and eat at Ella's this evneing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEA View Post
Hey guys. I've been away for a variety of reasons, most recently a brief hospital stay (Boo!) followed almost immediately by a WDW trip (Yay!). Doing fine, although I have more Dr.'s appointments than I can count for followup.

I see everyone has been busy...

My wife and I will be down there the 11th-15th for our anniversary trip, and to catch the end of Food and Wine.
Glad to see youia re feeling better and back on here!!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 08-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #833
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Stopher - thanks for the pics and info. Having never been to any parks but the ones in Florida, its always odd for me to see the Haunted Mansion as anything but the Gothic Manor on the Hudson. Someday I'll get to Disneyland to see the original. The others, well...
I'm assuming you're partial to the original, but how different (aside from the outside) are the attractions on the inside? Or did Disney copy clone one to the other?
I was playing around on YouTube through the Wii the other night and was playing various Disney content to amuse the boy when I stumbled onto the DL Christmas overlays on Small World, we are getting hosed in FL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
Anyone have kids that have read the "Kingdom Keepers" series???

My boy's have read both the 1st and 2nd books...they like it.

I was bored and started reading the 1st this weekend...pretty good kids series and a fun read.
Haven't read those yet but the Peter Pan ones by Ridley Pearson and Dave Barry are very good!

Quote:
In best Gru voice: "I said DART gun!"

I had a trip from hell in Walmart last year, one of those ones where the same woman and her three uncontrollable kids were blocking every damn aisle I went down. I finally skip an aisle, wait until they are near the end of the previous aisle, carpet bomb the aisle the are about to go into, then duck around the corner. There was about a 10 second delay then I hear one of them yell "OOOOOOOO STINKEY!!!!" and another starts crying that she wants to leave. DW walks up from another direction when she hears the kid yell and says "You caused this didn't you?", must have been the grin on my face that gave it away.

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 08-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #834
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
This is my new background on my work computer!! THANKS FED!!

Glad I could help

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

Old 08-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #835
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
I had a trip from hell in Walmart last year, one of those ones where the same woman and her three uncontrollable kids were blocking every damn aisle I went down. I finally skip an aisle, wait until they are near the end of the previous aisle, carpet bomb the aisle the are about to go into, then duck around the corner. There was about a 10 second delay then I hear one of them yell "OOOOOOOO STINKEY!!!!" and another starts crying that she wants to leave. DW walks up from another direction when she hears the kid yell and says "You caused this didn't you?", must have been the grin on my face that gave it away.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #836
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
commando, the outback is ok for me but the texas roadhouse, thats a timed meal, as soon as the food comes, could we have the check please, eat, pay, head for home. its about a 18 min. ride with stop lights. its not going to be pretty!!!! dont eat in japans teppen edo and go into ellens adventure, that ride takes forever and theres no escape hatch. it was close one year.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #837
Explodo
There's Something About Mary (Poppins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
commando, the outback is ok for me but the texas roadhouse, thats a timed meal, as soon as the food comes, could we have the check please, eat, pay, head for home. its about a 18 min. ride with stop lights. its not going to be pretty!!!! dont eat in japans teppen edo and go into ellens adventure, that ride takes forever and theres no escape hatch. it was close one year.
You see...It's this information that really makes this thread worthwhile. I can't express the level of gratitude I feel at this moment. Honest...I've got no pucker string...so to speak.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #838
parrothead365
I'd rather have a kiss than a smoke
Dr. Said I have evil toes!
I like laundry as much as Tabasco enimas
I just hope I end up with the licking end of the dog under my nose

I had a trip from hell in Walmart last year, one of those ones where the same woman and her three uncontrollable kids were blocking every damn aisle I went down. I finally skip an aisle, wait until they are near the end of the previous aisle, carpet bomb the aisle the are about to go into, then duck around the corner. There was about a 10 second delay then I hear one of them yell "OOOOOOOO STINKEY!!!!" and another starts crying that she wants to leave. DW walks up from another direction when she hears the kid yell and says "You caused this didn't you?", must have been the grin on my face that gave it away.[/QUOTE]

[IMG][/IMG]

Was this you????

"Phins to left...Phins to the right"

I'm an analog guy in a digital world

Proud Dad of a Shotokan Black Belt

We should all remember that the Freedom we ALL enjoy was NOT FREE....Thank a Veteran today!

Last edited by parrothead365; 08-10-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #839
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Parrothead...I probably missed it, but where in North Florida are you?

Old 08-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #840
parrothead365
I'd rather have a kiss than a smoke
Dr. Said I have evil toes!
I like laundry as much as Tabasco enimas
I just hope I end up with the licking end of the dog under my nose

Callahan, just north of Jacksonville

"Phins to left...Phins to the right"

I'm an analog guy in a digital world

Proud Dad of a Shotokan Black Belt

We should all remember that the Freedom we ALL enjoy was NOT FREE....Thank a Veteran today!
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: