Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #811
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Anyone have kids that have read the "Kingdom Keepers" series???

My boy's have read both the 1st and 2nd books...they like it.

I was bored and started reading the 1st this weekend...pretty good kids series and a fun read.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #812
chillcoupons
Dis Dad's Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
They'd probably eat the two pointing fingers first. Nice little appetizer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post

Mmm Finger Food
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2010, 02:53 PM   #813
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
I just realized something... Dave Z's last name starts with and has the same number of letters as "zombies"...
you got me!!! im mks hm 998!!!! (i would have been 997, but i forgot my.......death certificate and had to get back in line)

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 08-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #814
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Every year I get desperate for football and turn on the Hall of Fame game. And every year I think, "Why am I watching this?" But I don't turn it off.
Well, at least watch the 1st offensive series or so. Then, it's sub time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
I tryed to give them info, but found a deaf ear, Told them to book ADR's at 180 days, they did more around 85 and IMO they are pretty crappy.
Quote:
Despite all my coaching, she didn't realize there were table service restaurants!
Sometimes, they just have to learn it on their own. Co-worker today was happy to have Le Cellier and Cinderella's castle for dinner in October. When I asked what time there reservation was, the answer was "you need a reservation"?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 08-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #815
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post

I was bored and started reading the 1st this weekend...pretty good kids series and a fun read.
My older son has read all 3 and my younger is halfway through the 2nd. I keep meaning to start them my boys have really enjoyed them.

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:51 PM   #816
Pirates4me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Both ny daughter (13) and my wife have read the series
DIS Dad's Club Member #502

DW ME DD DS

"Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic
But I had a good life all the way" Jimmy Buffett

DVC Member since 2005 Saratoga Springs
Old 08-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #817
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

My Zombie Apocalypse Vehicle of choice

The main superstructure is mainly manufactured from 6 to 12 mm of armour steel and the bottom is mine strengthened, the front windows are bullet-resistant and equipped with protective hatches. The vehicle has continuous six wheel drive and good capabilities for off-road driving. It can take inclines up to a maximum of 60°.

The XA series has no standard armament, but is equipped with a rotating turret-structure for installation of light/heavy machine guns or autocannons. It also has 8 BMP style firing ports on the sides and rear. Therefore passengers, usually a squad of infantry, can fire their weapons from the cover of the armor.

The XA series is popular in peacekeeping missions due to its mobility, non-aggressive looks, and good protection against mines and improvised explosive devices (IED). The vehicle also offers a good combination of armament, comfort, mine protection, protection against shrapnel and small calibre fire, road speed, short time of learning how to drive, and an acceptable terrain mobility.

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:06 PM   #818
Explodo
There's Something About Mary (Poppins)

My zombie Survival strategy includes having an army of pooh sized neighbors.

Right now they are happy as hell to receive all those tastey dessert items...But little do they know.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #819
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

First, Just want to say that I had a great time in Myrtle Beach last week and ignored the thread for a few days. It's Monday now... All I can say is CRUD.

Quote:
Nope. But it is now.

What kind of Stink Bait were ya using there Fed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post

Of course you realize that this means that all pictures posted are now fair game for “enhancement”.
Oh, this is gonna be fun to watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
So with that in mind, what is the one thing that you seem to always do at the parks that seems to be the constant with all your trips? I know for most people Space Mountain, Dumbo, Haunted Mansion are must rides but I'm looking for the little things, the stuff that someone visiting the parks for the first time now would probably overlook or even think "why is that even here?".
Good question. I had to think about his one for a bit but a visit to the "Art of Disney" Store always seems to creep in. Never bought anything, but we like to dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
We are in Myrtle Beach now...ahhhhhh....just hearing the ocean from the balcony is great!!!
Been wondering if I passed you going the other way on Saturday. I miss sittin around drinking my morning coffee on the Balcony!
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 08-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #820
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

Every year I get desperate for football and turn on the Hall of Fame game. And every year I think, "Why am I watching this?" But I don't turn it off.
Be glad your not a Cleveland Browns fan; since 1999 we Browns fans would be thrilled to see our team perform up to the level of that seen at the HOF game.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 08-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #821
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

CRUD...

Ok so on Saturday night I sit down to relax and surf a bit only to find that my hard drive would not boot. I had an extra drive due to DW getting a new computer and being able to swap out the drives for her a little over a year ago.

So I know that I should back up more often but I ran a full backup using Norton 360 only a month ago. or so I thought.

I finally got a "working" machine here but all of my data files were corrupted from Norton's backup. I cannot read any of the picture files, my iTunes library is non-existant (and yes this was backed up and restored) even my Quicken file is corrupted to the point where Quicken tells me that it cannot read the file.

Any ideas out there from any of you tech savvy folks that could point a guy in the right direction?

Me (40) DW (43) DD (10) DD (9) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 08-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #822
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Today was our 7th Wedding Anniversary we went to the Outback for Dinner After chowing down on the buffalo strips, tangy tomato dressing on the salad, a steak & a few cokes, we hit a few stores to check out the toy section (DS was at my parents house). Well let me tell you the good ole' fart cannon was working in it's prime It looked like some were going to drop right there in the aisle I did notice a few guys that had the look that they would love to claim it I'll probably be sleeping on the couch tonite
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-10-2010, 02:07 AM   #823
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My boy is only 2, so not yet, but it's nice to get a preview on stuff to get for him....we've been reading to him since he was in Utero, and he loves books!!

Cornfuzz, I notice you're under 30 days---good news for me too

When do festivities in the cornfield kick off?

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 08-10-2010, 02:08 AM   #824
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Barbosa View Post
My Zombie Apocalypse Vehicle of choice

The main superstructure is mainly manufactured from 6 to 12 mm of armour steel and the bottom is mine strengthened, the front windows are bullet-resistant and equipped with protective hatches. The vehicle has continuous six wheel drive and good capabilities for off-road driving. It can take inclines up to a maximum of 60°.

The XA series has no standard armament, but is equipped with a rotating turret-structure for installation of light/heavy machine guns or autocannons. It also has 8 BMP style firing ports on the sides and rear. Therefore passengers, usually a squad of infantry, can fire their weapons from the cover of the armor.

The XA series is popular in peacekeeping missions due to its mobility, non-aggressive looks, and good protection against mines and improvised explosive devices (IED). The vehicle also offers a good combination of armament, comfort, mine protection, protection against shrapnel and small calibre fire, road speed, short time of learning how to drive, and an acceptable terrain mobility.
Nice!!!

And more mobile than an MRAP--which is also known as "Roll over Roxeanne"

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 08-10-2010, 05:57 AM   #825
chillcoupons
Dis Dad's Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Today was our 7th Wedding Anniversary we went to the Outback for Dinner After chowing down on the buffalo strips, tangy tomato dressing on the salad, a steak & a few cokes, we hit a few stores to check out the toy section (DS was at my parents house). Well let me tell you the good ole' fart cannon was working in it's prime It looked like some were going to drop right there in the aisle I did notice a few guys that had the look that they would love to claim it I'll probably be sleeping on the couch tonite

Mine was working pretty well at the Wedding I attended this weekend.

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: