Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 03:34 PM   #781
MichMickey
I want to go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
It's not an attraction, but every trip, whether planned or just by fate, we always seem to get Casey's mini corn dogs and fries while watching Spectro or Wishes. Are they any different than the frozen corn dogs that I can get in the 10 pound box at Sam's Club? Probably not. But the always seem to taste sooo much better while the family is sharing them while watching the fireworks.
I couldn't agree more. The 1st time I stood and watched Wishes with my DW was in the Middle of main street right outside Casey's with the Mini Corn Dogs and Fries. I was snuggling up to my wife and in the middle of the fireworks she started to cry! Great Memories and always a "MUST" on our first night.

I also go on TTA and just enjoy the futuristic feel.

As you guys were talking about the monorail and earlier you made reference to the accident. Have they outlawed riding up in the Front Car with the Operator? We did that on our last visit and the kids loved it!
DDC member #472 Greg DW : DS11 DS9 1976 Polynesian Resort
1996 Wilderness Lodge-Greatest Honeymoon Ever! 2005 Wilderness Lodge-First trip with the boys! 2006 Off Property-Marriott Vacation Club 2007 Pop Century Resort 2010 Coronado Springs/Pop Century 2011 Pop Century-15th Anniversary Trip

Old 08-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #782
Explodo
There's Something About Mary (Poppins)

"Have they outlawed riding up in the Front Car with the Operator? We did that on our last visit and the kids loved it! "

I think it's still a banned activity.

Anyone else having football withdrawls? Watching the cowgirls and the Bengals play is just getting me warmed up!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #783
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichMickey View Post
As you guys were talking about the monorail and earlier you made reference to the accident. Have they outlawed riding up in the Front Car with the Operator? We did that on our last visit and the kids loved it!
Yeah, it's still not allowed. Which is a bummer, because my kids never got to experience it. It feels like an overreaction, but then again, Disney is probably breathing a sigh of relief that no guests were in the cockpit when the accident happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explodo View Post
"Have they outlawed riding up in the Front Car with the Operator? We did that on our last visit and the kids loved it! "

Anyone else having football withdrawls? Watching the cowgirls and the Bengals play is just getting me warmed up!
Every year I get desperate for football and turn on the Hall of Fame game. And every year I think, "Why am I watching this?" But I don't turn it off.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #784
chillcoupons
Dis Dad's Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichMickey View Post
First CRUD! I wish our computers were not so locked down at work its hard to keep up with you guys!

2nd Congratulations Chill! All I can say is go Rocky!
Are you in the district?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explodo View Post

Yep still banned good thing I stocked up on co-pilots licenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Yeah, it's still not allowed. Which is a bummer, because my kids never got to experience it. It feels like an overreaction, but then again, Disney is probably breathing a sigh of relief that no guests were in the cockpit when the accident happened.

Every year I get desperate for football and turn on the Hall of Fame game. And every year I think, "Why am I watching this?" But I don't turn it off.
Yep watching the game and I don't know why.

Oh and Crud!!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #785
chillcoupons

I just wanted to mention to the rest of you college football fans that there are 2 more Pitt players in Canton.

I am also putting pressure on DW for an impromptu trip to WDW Sep 1-6. I think I have broken her will. I will know for sure tomorrow. Cheap airline tickets, plus 42% off room only, we have passes for the year. Does anyone know if I can get an additional 10% on top of the 42% if we you the Disney Visa?
Old 08-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #786
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillcoupons View Post
I just wanted to mention to the rest of you college football fans that there are 2 more Pitt players in Canton.
Were still one up on you with Ohio State!!!! Dick LeBeau added to the ranks of Buckeyes in the HOF.

I usually go to the HOF induction ceremonies (live about 45 minutes away), but I had a good reason for missing this year; I was in WDW and just got back this evening from a week at the WL.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 08-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #787
chillcoupons

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
Were still one up on you with Ohio State!!!! Dick LeBeau added to the ranks of Buckeyes in the HOF.

I usually go to the HOF induction ceremonies (live about 45 minutes away), but I had a good reason for missing this year; I was in WDW and just got back this evening from a week at the WL.
Welcome home I hope you had a great time.

I did not know Dick Lebeau was a Buckeye, I am counting him as a Steeler!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:29 PM   #788
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillcoupons View Post
Welcome home I hope you had a great time.

I did not know Dick Lebeau was a Buckeye, I am counting him as a Steeler!
Thanks we had a great time.

Oh, and Dick LeBeau being a member of the Steeler coaching staff is proof that someone will do anything for money.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 08-08-2010, 10:42 PM   #789
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Really pumped for football to start but as much as I tried could not watch much more than the first quarter. College is my game and the Gators started practice this week. Let the season begin. Well soon anyway.

Also, there was a Gator inducted today. I believe he is the leading rusher in NFL history.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #790
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

My parents & sister's family will be at WDW starting Sun, When they 1st booked I tryed to give them info, but found a deaf ear, Told them to book ADR's at 180 days, they did more around 85 and IMO they are pretty crappy. Since no one wanted to listen when I was offering, with six days left before the trip, now I'm playing the deaf ear ( I guess I don't know whats going on ) My parents haven't been there since like 86 (been throwing my dad some info, since he is the only one who didn't have the deaf ear) My sister is a know it all ( who know's nothing about WDW) I know the vacation IMO will be crap, but to them will be awesome, Since they all think they have it all down pat, I don't really want to get involved, since I got blown off in the begining, I kind of feel bad, but on the other hand you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-09-2010, 07:09 AM   #791
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
My parents & sister's family will be at WDW starting Sun, When they 1st booked I tryed to give them info, but found a deaf ear, Told them to book ADR's at 180 days, they did more around 85 and IMO they are pretty crappy. Since no one wanted to listen when I was offering, with six days left before the trip, now I'm playing the deaf ear ( I guess I don't know whats going on ) My parents haven't been there since like 86 (been throwing my dad some info, since he is the only one who didn't have the deaf ear) My sister is a know it all ( who know's nothing about WDW) I know the vacation IMO will be crap, but to them will be awesome, Since they all think they have it all down pat, I don't really want to get involved, since I got blown off in the begining, I kind of feel bad, but on the other hand you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink
I've "assisted" a few with planning vacations. I even helped my boss and her family a year or so ago. While they were down there, she send me a text message, saying they were getting sick of the same burgers and chicken fingers. Despite all my coaching, she didn't realize there were table service restaurants!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #792
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Looks like everyone had a pretty good weekend (with the exception of Christopher's wallet). Had a good day at Sandbridge Beach yesterday with DD. It's nice being 30 minutes from the beach... even though this was only the first time I've been this year! The waves were about 6-8 feet.. so we had fun with the boogie boards. As we were driving down Sandpiper road, DD says from the back seat, "Dad, when I grow up I want one of these houses." LOL! I'm going to have a hard time keeping this kid in school when she gets old enough to drive! She'll want to be at the beach EVERY DAY!

p.s. Still trying to sneak in a day at WDW during our Tampa stay... SHHHHH!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 08-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #793
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
i get the same thing but people ask me what they should do. make your adrs, be at the park on rope drop,etc.... they argue with me. i hand them a map, pat them on the head and say have at it bucko!! they came back all pissy, we couldnt get in any were to eat. the lines were so long. how do you do it again??? i spent 8 grand, you must make alot of money to go as often as you do. i tell people to ask there travel agent anymore. as dw says, im getting to be a grumpy old man.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 08-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #794
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Happy 41st to The Haunted Mansion!

Originally opened at Disneyland August 9, 1969, followed by a version at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom on October 1, 1971, Tokyo Disneyland April 1, 1983 and Disneyland Paris April 15, 1992 - and to be joined by the newest version sometime in 2011 at Hong Kong Disneyland.

The Haunted Mansion is the only attraction to be located in a different land in every single park it is located in. New Orleans Square, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, Frontierland and soon to be Adventureland. It has been a plantation from the old south; a more gothic manor from the Hudson River valley; a old west mansion from the wilds of the frontier; and will be a mystic & mysterious hodge podge of architectural styles drawing mostly from baltic & central asian stylings in the newest version. The Ghost Host has narrated in English, Japanese and French and soon will be in Chinese.

It has been a classic "people eater" attraction thrilling the operational folks year after year with its' omnimover "Doom Buggy" ride vehicles, cycling thousands through its' classic, comically, scary-lite scenes every single hour.

It has sparked numerous fan webpages, as well as numerous Facebook Fan pages, fan meets and other commemorations. There have been a number of special events hosted by Disneyland commemorating anniversarsies since it turned 30, with lots of special, event-only merchandise available for purchase.

Three different records were made in the '70's about the Haunted Mansion. A special CD was recorded in 1999 celebrating it's 30th Anniversary.

A 1970's board game was created and sold whereby players could ride through the Mansion and experience its' wonders "at home".

A number of toys and commemorative pieces have been created and sold through the years celebrating the Mansion. Haunted Mansion related pins are very popular, as well as Haunted Mansion branded games such as Clue, Life, and Uno, as well as traditional playing cards.

A feature film about the attraction was made in 2003, with the sets on display at the Studios at WDW for several months thereafter and an entirely new film will be made in 2010/11.

For the past 13 years at Disneyland, and the past 5 years at Tokyo Disneyland it has played host to the end of year seasonal overlay "Haunted Mansion Holiday" featuring the characters, themes and stylings of the Tim Burton film "A Nightmare Before Christmas" adding hundreds of thousands of more devoted fans.

In 2009, for the 40th anniversary of the attraction, one lucky winning caller to a California radio contest and her family was able to spend the night inside the Mansion on August 9th.

Happy Birthday beloved old friend. I can't wait to take a spin through your halls once more.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!

Last edited by stopher1; 08-09-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #795
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Happy 41st to The Haunted Mansion!
Stopher - thanks for the pics and info. Having never been to any parks but the ones in Florida, its always odd for me to see the Haunted Mansion as anything but the Gothic Manor on the Hudson. Someday I'll get to Disneyland to see the original. The others, well...
I'm assuming you're partial to the original, but how different (aside from the outside) are the attractions on the inside? Or did Disney copy clone one to the other?

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: