Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #691
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEDTUtT8tIE

WooooooooHoooooooo!!!
There are times when my fellow South Carolinians make me very proud, and thanks to a great deal of beer and a backhoe… this is one of ‘em.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #692
KTME
DIS Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
That would be the that's nice side!!!

Fed has some people you don't want to mess with....

Uhoh....does this mean that I have to be a Yankees Fan?????? If that's the case I am back with Barry!!!! I have to draw the line somewhere!!!

!!!!!Phillies!!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #693
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
That was a sad day... You certainly don't expect that kind of thing, but "stuff" does happen...

Well, there are advantages to having Orlando in your Area of Responsibility...

Once above Virginia, and West of Alabama, I'm pretty much done
fed, i think you forgot to end this statement with a big, yallllllllll.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 08-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #694
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTME View Post
Uhoh....does this mean that I have to be a Yankees Fan?????? If that's the case I am back with Barry!!!! I have to draw the line somewhere!!!

!!!!!Phillies!!!!!
well, at least the phillies win won everyother decade or so. but dude, whats up with that eagle head????? stay away from training camp next week, dw and i went over to bethlehem last night to mattes for cheese stakes.( for you southern guys, thats chip steak, beef, not girly chicken, cheese and sauce with onions and hot peppers) and traffic was nuts!! they have training camp going on and now musicfest is starting and they have half the roads ripped up.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 08-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #695
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

<---New Avatar!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:48 PM   #696
KTME
DIS Dad

I went to training camp one time and will never go back. It was packed, we couldn't move, we couldn't see anything and it was way to hot.

I drove through your area on Monday. My wife and I went with friends to New York City for the day.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:54 PM   #697
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:

!!!!!Phillies!!!!!
Well, most Yankees fans don't dislike the Phillies. We HATE the Red Sox and like making fun of the Mets. Although the Phillies took a page out of the Yankees book of making some MAJOR moves last week.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:05 PM   #698
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
I think, perhaps, Barry, you should start heading south and west for your Disney fixes instead of southeast... I'm just sayin'
I think, perhaps, you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonDan View Post
Thanks to everyone for the welcome, from new member #505! Should I expect hazing as a rookie?

So, I have a question for you guys. As I mentioned, I have a DW, DS (10), and a DD (8). And, I seem to be the one in the family who is by far the most interested in going to Disney on a regular basis. We went for our first time in 2009 for Spring Break and had a terrific time. Actually, to be honest I was a little reluctant to go that first time - I mean, what's to do at Disney for a 39 year old man, right? Spent 7 days at WL, did all the parks twice, had lunch at the Castle, everything. Like many of you I'm sure, I'll never forget watching Wishes for the first time with my daughter sitting on my shoulders on Main Street and my son holding my hand. On the way home - we drove - I couldn't stop thinking about planning to go back. DW was lukeworm to the idea, at best. Waited until last fall (very difficult) until I brought it up again. Basically had to convince her to do it again, but finally got her to agree to go Spring Break again this year. We planned a trip with my sister (which turned in a cluster) and had a great time again. Added in a day at Universal and still did 6 days at Disney. Crowds seemed much larger this year, though. Anyway, on the ride home this year I convinced myself wanting to go back again was just not how a grown man thinks and to just forget about it. That got me to, oh, around July or so, and I can't stop thinking and planning to go back. Right now I've got it in my head to take the kids out of school and go the week after Thanksgiving. Weather will be great, no lines (right?), and shoot - kids don't learn anything in school in December anyway. If I get a season pass, then we could SAVE money and go again sometime next year. It seems all this is a sickness somehow........

So, my question - am I doomed? Is there any way to convert the rest of my family into wanting to go to Disney at least once a year? Do any of you guys have any suggestions on how to at least convince the wife? Any help would be most appreciated.
I'm with Stopher on this. That how grown men are supposed to think. I remember the first time my DW dragged me to Disney World. I kept an open mind, thinking "It can't be that bad" Within 20 minutes of walking down Main Street, i was was planning return trips!
There are actually a bunch of us that happen to be going down there around the first week of December. It's a good time to go, but it is getting more and more popular.
And yeah, get the kids on your side. All's fair in Love and Disney Vacations.

Quote:
Hey Barry, based on the information that has been posted by Fed and the "people" that he knows, I am now offically on whatever side he is on.
I was thinking about joining you over there. Except, of course, Tim is my nemesis, so guess I really can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post

WooooooooHoooooooo!!!
There are times when my fellow South Carolinians make me very proud, and thanks to a great deal of beer and a backhoe… this is one of ‘em.
That looks awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
<---New Avatar!!!
Dr Cornenshmirtz!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:23 PM   #699
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:

WooooooooHoooooooo!!!
Oh man, that's HILARIOUS...

Ahhhh, my home state......

I wanna' try!!!

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 08-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #700
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=FreezinRafiki;37693096]I was thinking about joining you over there. Except, of course, Tim is my nemesis, so guess I really can't. [QUOTE]

No worries brother

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 08-05-2010, 01:27 PM   #701
KTME
DIS Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Well, most Yankees fans don't dislike the Phillies. We HATE the Red Sox and like making fun of the Mets. Although the Phillies took a page out of the Yankees book of making some MAJOR moves last week.
As long as I can continue being a fan of the Phillies, I am your minion. As far as the mets are concerned, I think everyone enjoys making fun of them.

hey Barry, i can be a double agent. It will only cost you extra cheeseballs.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #702
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:

hey Barry, i can be a double agent. It will only cost you extra cheeseballs.
If you're going to play that way - then it's Yankees all the way, and you must renounce the Phillies!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:32 PM   #703
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
well, at least the phillies win won everyother decade or so. but dude, whats up with that eagle head????? stay away from training camp next week, dw and i went over to bethlehem last night to mattes for cheese stakes.( for you southern guys, thats chip steak, beef, not girly chicken, cheese and sauce with onions and hot peppers) and traffic was nuts!! they have training camp going on and now musicfest is starting and they have half the roads ripped up.
Mmmmmmm… Cheeeese… Staaaake…
We may be southern, but we ain’t fools. We appreciate your fine choice to export that particular delicacy, but fair’s fair, so we decided to send grits up that way. If you’ve tried ‘em and don’t like ‘em, they weren’t made right. Once you’ve experienced a proper bowl of Shrimp-n-Grits, you’ll never relegate this fine delicacy to the breakfast table again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
<---New Avatar!!!
I like it! I do believe it suits you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Dr Cornenshmirtz!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #704
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

Quote:
Your Doomed!!!!

, but… You convince the kids (usually easier), and you got allies.

Not that I’m recommending using your kids as an emotional wepon or anything like that.
Oh Goof that is a horrible trick to play...........BUT IT JUST MIGHT WORK!! WUUHAHAHAHAH (evil laugh)
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
Old 08-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #705
KTME
DIS Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
If you're going to play that way - then it's Yankees all the way, and you must renounce the Phillies!
Okay forget the cheeseballs Barry, they won't let me play spy. I gotta stick with Fed..............for now

Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: