Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 06:36 AM   #616
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadC View Post
Wow just got to go fishing twice in the last three days. Love summer striper in the upper Delaware. This fishin has got me thinking of a Disney fishing trip in Dec when we go. Any possible takers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Ummm...dude, you gotta' ask this queston?? (raises hand..me me me me)...need to check dates though
I'm in! At this point it would be nice to see someone (other than on TV) catch something...........ANYTHING!.........HELP!

Why do the fishies hate me?

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 08-04-2010, 07:20 AM   #617
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
I'm in! At this point it would be nice to see someone (other than on TV) catch something...........ANYTHING!.........HELP!

Why do the fishies hate me?

Don't worry man, we've all been there....it suuuuuucckss

This time of year isn't helping you any....night time is the right time for the basses in this weather (at least I have found)...

Eaaarlllyy in the morning (like right before sunrise when it's light, but not sun up yet) and late in the evening (just before blackout) are good times too!!!

You gots to tell me what you're doing up there

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #618
Stitch'sCousin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

Dude, any further up there and you'd be a Russian.
I heard that Sarah Palin can see Fort McMurray from her house.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:02 AM   #619
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spay2499 View Post
I am driving to DW the end of the month. I have heard good and bad things about the DW buses. We are staying at the All-Star Movie. My question is should I drive to the parks each day or take the bus. Any thoughts?
I'll be driving down in Early Sept. 4-12.

My personality is such that I drive to the parks. At the end of the day I DO NOT want to wait for a bus to crowd on there with a bunch of sweaty strangers...done that all day in the parks.

For MK and EP the choice is...Monorail or BUS...Monorail wins!!! We park at the TTC/MK lot for both just to ride the Monorails...these are like some of our favorite ride. For MK we like to ride the Resort line...fewer people...and even with the stop at the CR...I think it's quicker on the way back to the TTC.

HS we have never made it a whole day at this park...so driving is a must.

AK Last year we were one of the last people in this park for EMH...we were in one of the spots within walking distance...but we were wiped-out...so we got on the tram...the route the tram take made our lot the last one they visitied...there was like maybe one other vehicle in the lot when they finally made it to our stop. The tram host was like...either you are parked in this lot or you just like riding the tram around in circles with us.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #620
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Well... looks like I'm looking into a non-Disney vacation this next year. Currently I am in negotiations with DW and apparently our marker has been stuck on a Tampa, FL location. She would like to see what Busch Gardens, Tampa is like. Soooo... now I am looking into hotels/resorts in the Clearwater/Tampa area. Anyone been to that area and have any suggestions?

Also... I was checking out BJ's Tavel Club and they have Carnival cruises out of Tampa to Mexico... and I found a 5 day/4 night cruise to Cozumel for $300 a person (Oceanview Stateroom). Anyone been on a Carnival cruise... to Mexico? I know I'd be better off asking this on a cruise forum, but thought I'd ask my trusty guys first

If all calculations are right, I could do a 8 day sea/land vacation for less than $3K. Not too bad. BUT... definitely don't want to waste the $ if Carnival is a bad bet.
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 08-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #621
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Well... looks like I'm looking into a non-Disney vacation this next year.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!! Pony up your DIS Dad card friend!!!
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #622
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 08-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #623
tutter99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post

Don't worry man, we've all been there....it suuuuuucckss

This time of year isn't helping you any....night time is the right time for the basses in this weather (at least I have found)...

Eaaarlllyy in the morning (like right before sunrise when it's light, but not sun up yet) and late in the evening (just before blackout) are good times too!!!

You gots to tell me what you're doing up there
Found another one last weekend but couldn't get there on Sunday because the rest of the house was out sick. I plan on being there for sun up on Saturday, might have better luck since the temps have been dropping into the 70's at night finally. Here's the description:
A section of shoreline and access trails have been cleared of brush. Fish attractors have been placed near the bank fishing area, and hardwood trees have been cut and cabled to the shoreline to further attract fish. Largemouth bass, sunfish, crappie, catfish, carp, white perch, and striped bass are available.

I made it out to Bass Lake on Saturday with Owen for his first fishing trip. He lasted about an hour so I was pretty impressed, I had him rigged for catfish and I was casting for him just letting him reel it in, right before we left I went to throw something out and while I was walking back watched him reel it in and cast it back out himself about 15 feet out. I was both proud and at the same time glad I had the catfish bait covering the treble hook since he bounced it off his back before casting.

Proud to be DisDad #356
Old 08-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #624
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
We get a DIS DAD card?

Old 08-04-2010, 10:16 AM   #625
Bradsdadg
Can someone give my party from Saturn a ring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
We get a DIS DAD card?

I hope it's not that Man card i've heard so much about
Old 08-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #626
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutter99 View Post
I made it out to Bass Lake

I forget, what color worms did I send you.....Pretty sure I sent Watermelon Red Zoom Vibra tails?

Anyway, here's what you do:

Put on the LIGHTEST Tungsten weight you have....tie on one of the 3/0 Hooks. Texas rig one of them...should look like this rigged up...rig it as straight as you can...

Check it in the water and make sure the weight is heavy enough to "make the tail work" in the water.

Cast it out toward the attractors and the trees and let it sink on a slack line until it hits the bottom. Then, lift the rod tip, and drop it back down. Reel in slack, repeat...

If you feel that line jump or see it swim off....SET THE HOOK!!!!

Post Pictures!

That's how this one got caught

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #627
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch'sCousin View Post
I heard that Sarah Palin can see Fort McMurray from her house.
You betcha!

Quote:
Well... looks like I'm looking into a non-Disney vacation this next year. Currently I am in negotiations with DW and apparently our marker has been stuck on a Tampa, FL location. She would like to see what Busch Gardens, Tampa is like. Soooo... now I am looking into hotels/resorts in the Clearwater/Tampa area. Anyone been to that area and have any suggestions?

Also... I was checking out BJ's Tavel Club and they have Carnival cruises out of Tampa to Mexico... and I found a 5 day/4 night cruise to Cozumel for $300 a person (Oceanview Stateroom). Anyone been on a Carnival cruise... to Mexico? I know I'd be better off asking this on a cruise forum, but thought I'd ask my trusty guys first

If all calculations are right, I could do a 8 day sea/land vacation for less than $3K. Not too bad. BUT... definitely don't want to waste the $ if Carnival is a bad bet.
I haven't spent a whole lot of time in Tampa. DW and I were down in Florida for a long weekend a couple of years ago, and we flew into Tampa and then rented a car and drove up to hang around Disney World.

We did do a little bit of touring around the area, though. We spent an afternoon at Ft. DeSoto State Park, which is on a little island in the Gulf by the Sunshine Skyway Bridge south of St. Petersburg. My wife had never seen the Gulf of Mexico. They had some nice beaches (pre-oil spill, of course) and the remains of an old Spanish fort. I think I have a couple of pictures on Facebook. Then we drove the Skyway bridge (geeky engineer trip) and also found a manatee viewing area near a power plant in Apollo Beach where the manatees like to hang out in the warmer water.

I think Barry spent a little time in the area on his last trip as well, if I remember.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #628
chillcoupons
Dis Dad's Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by spay2499 View Post
I am driving to DW the end of the month. I have heard good and bad things about the DW buses. We are staying at the All-Star Movie. My question is should I drive to the parks each day or take the bus. Any thoughts?
Drive everywhere. (But I am from Detroit where public transportation was practically outlawed so people would buy cars.)

Good news Dads I won my election yesterday and I am now a precinct delegate. The US House of Representatives candidate I am working for also won his primary and I enjoyed a great victory party last night.

Gary Peters you better start looking for a new job!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #629
Cinderella's Fella
DIS Dad #215
Carpe Bacon
And no more candy and caffeine for the rest of you

For the Dads who enjoy drinking around the world at Epcot here is a good thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2524572

Old 08-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #630
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
...and I found a 5 day/4 night cruise to Cozumel for $300 a person (Oceanview Stateroom). Anyone been on a Carnival cruise... to Mexico? I know I'd be better off asking this on a cruise forum, but thought I'd ask my trusty guys first :
Not done a Disney cruise, and not sure I would spend the extra money. I am not a big cruise fan though. Many of the ports have armed military present - during the day. It is nice that the security is there, but kinda scary that this place I am walking around needs to have it. So, I don't want to venture far from the ship, but many do.

Carnival prices are excellent. Mobile, AL is the closest port to us. That is a really good price - which boat is it on? Food is included but alcohol is not. So, it is cheaper to smuggle that on board yourself. And, Carnival Cruise website itself offers really good deals, and will give you even better deals if you are frequent cruises with them (from a friend). Do you have your passport or enough time to get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillcoupons View Post
Good news Dads I won my election yesterday and I am now a precinct delegate. The US House of Representatives candidate I am working for also won his primary and I enjoyed a great victory party last night.::
And, your campaign platform is "free Disney trips for DisDads members". Or, can you not get us a government grant program for those?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: