Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #3691
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3-17xxuwPA 27 days 6 hours 30 min. till 2 bedroom at okw. i have no clue who these people are but he looks like he would fit in.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #3692
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Watching Beauty and the Beast for the first time since the nineties... my DW turns to me and asks "So... you like musicals in cartoon form?" <sigh> Just when I think she's getting it
That was the movie I took my DW to for our first date. Needless to say, it's our favorite. Belle still is her favorite princess.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #3693
MiJo
DIS member since 1999 and DIS DADS CLUB Member #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
being that time is a ticken for this up coming trip. i took some pics of our minivan. which, is all packed except, one overnight bag, items for the cooler and our pillows.

the white garbage bag has the top of the christmass tree in it and if you look close you can see the bottom of the christmas tree sticking out from behind the right seat. when someone wants to nap, we pull the cooler out and theres six foot of space to lay down from the back of the front seat to the back. there is 3 inches of foam under that sleeping bag, its like a sofa.
Hey, Dave! Nice Blue Angels flag! Our son is on the auto train as I type this, heading to Sanford and then Pensacola. He should get into P'cola Wednesday around supper time and he plans to check-in with the Blues on Friday. He has an apartment all lined up with another newbie Crew Chief. Now all he has to do is get everything memorized that he needs for his first test!
DIS Dads' Club Member #335 DisDads Facebook Group Member
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #3694
MiJo

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=577yK...eature=related MIJO, just in case your not following the pa , 4a , 2010 state football champions. heres some hilights!! your bulldogs are goin down.
Dave ~ I think the Red Rovers already beat the Blue Eagles once. They also made mince meat out of Liberty's triple threat offense. Of course, the Rovers will probably have to play 3 games in 8 days because of the Turkey Day game with P'burg. That has to be tough.
Disneyland 1971; Off site 6/90; Dixie Landings (POR) (Alligator Bayou) 9/99; Coronado Springs (The Ranchos) and Portofino Bay (USF) 12/00; AKL, 2002; POFQ, 2003; POR, 2005 (Acadian House); POR, 2007 SeaWorld, 2007; POFQ, 2009.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:37 PM   #3695
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiJo View Post
Hey, Dave! Nice Blue Angels flag! Our son is on the auto train as I type this, heading to Sanford and then Pensacola. He should get into P'cola Wednesday around supper time and he plans to check-in with the Blues on Friday. He has an apartment all lined up with another newbie Crew Chief. Now all he has to do is get everything memorized that he needs for his first test!
i knew you would pick that ba flag out! it hung in front of my house for a bit till jim evanko moved in up the street and use to jog by my house. he caught me outside one day and told me to take that flag down or he will. he came by the next night and gave me a thunder bird flag. jim flew slot for the thunderbirds in the mid 90s. i want to get him to sign it for me the next time i see him.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #3696
MiJo

Quote:
i knew you would pick that ba flag out! it hung in front of my house for a bit till jim evanko moved in up the street and use to jog by my house. he caught me outside one day and told me to take that flag down or he will. he came by the next night and gave me a thunder bird flag. jim flew slot for the thunderbirds in the mid 90s. i want to get him to sign it for me the next time i see him.
Yeah, Let Jim sign the BA flag!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #3697
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, Let Jim sign the BA flag!
that would probley make it worth some money, a thunder bird signing a ba flag.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #3698
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Dave ~ I think the Red Rovers already beat the Blue Eagles once. They also made mince meat out of Liberty's triple threat offense. Of course, the Rovers will probably have to play 3 games in 8 days because of the Turkey Day game with P'burg. That has to be tough.
He knows the Angels are in Homestead right???

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 11-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #3699
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Really, Dave? A GPS? You've driven to Florida every year since '73. You'd think you could do it blindfolded by now.
But its amazing how good of a nap you can get in a minivan. We can slide the two middle row captains chairs together in ours to form a bench. You curl up on that, the little dog climbs up and curls up on top of you, next thing you know, you've missed 300 miles of Indiana corn fields!
Fortunately there is still the 300 miles of Georgia that you can "enjoy"...

Me (40) DW (43) DD (10) DD (9) DD (6)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 11-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #3700
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
Eaaasssyyy there now...

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 11-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #3701
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Why would you ever want to do that?
It's not so much that it's corn, it's just boring corn. Corn fields in Wisconsin are exciting and wonderful. Indiana corn is, well, just corn.

Quote:
the gps is just to make me look like a tourist.
No Dave, the knee high back socks you wear with your sandals make you look like a tourist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
Just my luck, the two times we've driven down the sun is up for flat lands of Indiana, Southern Georgia and Northern Florida and it's dark while driving through the mountains of Tennessee and Kentucky.
Maybe next time we drive I'll leave at 1am so we can see more of the mountains than just vague dark outlines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Eaaasssyyy there now...
But I'm sure your corner of the state is lovely.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #3702
trennr
DISDad #104
Oh, thee of little faith
Nate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I have 1 nemesi!

Barry has 1/2 the DDC on his side. I think he need to start searching!
I have not chosen a side...I find it more entertaining to help both sides work against each other.

I have 1 Nemesi as well...

He says he's been away for some Boy Scout thing...but I know he's busy scheming...plotting.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #3703
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
It's not so much that it's corn, it's just boring corn. Corn fields in Wisconsin are exciting and wonderful. Indiana corn is, well, just corn.
Hmmmm... I think Indiana corn is usually about 15 - 20 bushels per acre better than Wisconsin corn. If you're not in an "I" state, your corn hardly counts as corn.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:03 AM   #3704
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Just got back from the Disney Store, The Limited Edition Buzz & Woody Dolls came in, They are Awesome . I'll get pics posted soon (one way or the other) Now to keep them hidden from DS for like 13yrs

Also picked up the TS3 DVD we pre-ordered

I have to say this was like the best trip to a Disney Store ever, With no DW or DS with me, I got to walk out of the store without spending anything, plus got the dolls, movie and even coupons
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #3705
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

In trying to uphold #8 of The Dis Dad Club Criteria, My Dw & I were trying to plan next years WDW trip.

I was looking around Holloween again, Wife has a new boss who is not that thrilled with anyone taking Vacation during the school year. :mad

So we (she) came up with 3 choices, Last week in June, sometime in July, Middle of August, Believe me these are not in any way my favorite times to be at WDW, or Fla.

After alittle debate it came down to, either we go during the summer or we Don't go at all next year, Well with that I guess I'll have to take one for the team (thinking end of June, might be the best bet)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: