Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #3676
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I can't decide, so I'll leave it up to a vote. What should my response to this have been?
Kind of like someone's Trip Report, huh?
or
Is that what we're blaming the speed of your trip report on now?
My gut says to go with the third one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
You know, I've never thought about it, but I've never tried to mount a tire for a passenger vehicle. I've done farm equipment and heavy trucks, but I guess I've always just taken our vehicles to the shop because I felt like it was quicker and easier. One of my trucks has 285/75/16 on after market rims and I'm afraid of doing something to them. I might have to try it next time though, because I'm pretty much fed up with my tire shop. Last time my truck was in there for an alignment I went around a lefthand curve, heard a pop and the truck jerked to the right... got home and the upper control arm bolts on the right front suspension were finger tight. That's just the most recent and most severe mishap with them. Still need to find a new place to go for an alignment though.
The wheels on my car now are 17" custom aluminum rims with 225/45/17's... much wider and lower profile. Definitely weary of damaging the rims. But once I've done some practicing on the stock ones, I'm pretty confident they'll be ok.
That would have been an interesting ride home! At least they had the bolt on finger tight. I witnesses a SUV lose a wheel while it was going down the road. I chased the tire down for the old lady and when I finally got it I notice they looked brand new. Sure enough she said she had just had the tires changed at a shop about a mile down the road. When the tire came off it took half the fender with it! Not to mention it was riding on the rotors. Oh... and this was a fairly new Acura, too $$$$$$$.
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 11-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #3677
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
What were they doing with all those mussels? Sorry... couldn't help that one! Seriously... they didn't move at all??? You've got some very disciplined, fine young men and women in that group. When can we see this action on YouTube??
Yah… I missed that word. Automatic spell checkers tend to do more damage then service.

As for the kids, they have amazing teachers and instructors. Combine that with excellent leadership examples set by successive senior classes and you get a well run and self-sustaining organization. We are lucky to be a part of the group.

As for YouTube, that’s in the plan but it will be a little while. Both DW and I were working in the pit-crew so neither of us could take any video images. On the up side though, there was a company out there recording the whole thing, so we ordered a copy. Once that arrives in a few weeks and I figure out how to extract our show off of the DVD, I’ll post it and let every one know.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #3678
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Yah… I missed that word. Automatic spell checkers tend to do more damage then service.
Sorry... I don't normally pick on misspelling (especially when reading Dave's posts )... but I did chuckle out loud when I first read it. Hmmmm.. can one chuckle out loud?

Quote:
As for the kids, they have amazing teachers and instructors. Combine that with excellent leadership examples set by successive senior classes and you get a well run and self-sustaining organization. We are lucky to be a part of the group.

As for YouTube, that’s in the plan but it will be a little while. Both DW and I were working in the pit-crew so neither of us could take any video images. On the up side though, there was a company out there recording the whole thing, so we ordered a copy. Once that arrives in a few weeks and I figure out how to extract our show off of the DVD, I’ll post it and let every one know.
Definitely would like to see the video when available.

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
Old 11-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #3679
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

I was just checking out the sample ballot for my town.

One of the ?'s is cracking me up. They want to privitize garbage pickup, says the average tax payer with a house worth $330K is $229 per year.

If this passes and it gets privitized you will pay $240-$300 per year.
WOW what a bargin, I want to pay more for less, I'm going to run out and vote for that for sure I can't wait to see the paper tomorrow to see howmany people in town have extra cash to throw around
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #3680
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post

One of the ?'s is cracking me up. They want to privitize garbage pickup, says the average tax payer with a house worth $330K is $229 per year.

WOW what a bargin, I want to pay more for less, I'm going to run out and vote for that for sure I can't wait to see the paper tomorrow to see howmany people in town have extra cash to throw around
Nothing like wasting money

Old 11-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #3681
Wherem I Now
DIS Dad #30
29+85+77+26+95+4=FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
heres the mail box. which reminds me i have to paint the stupid thing. the characters are cast iron which are bolted on to the side. im trying to figure out what color to paint the thig.
Quote:
Dave, that is just too cool for words. Where did you get the relief medallion attached to the side?

As for colors to repaint it… With no obligation implied in any way, if it were mine (and I just may now need to acquire a similar one), I’d paint the top half Black and the bottom half Red, and I might even be tempted to paint two buttons onto the door (I might also be tempted to add the proper colors to the characters on the medallion as well, but that would be a good bit of work).
Dave, Looking at all those pictures, all i can say is I thought that we had a lot of Disney stuff in the house but with guys like you and Stopher around, I have something to aspire to.

As for the mailbox colors, I would go Red with a smaller Yellow stripe on the bottom since the bolt on is pretty close to black. I also like the idea of painting buttons on the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRitz View Post
Beverly slow Photopass site is making it difficult for me to multi-task productively while on conference calls.
Surprised to hear that it wasn't just me. It would be nice if they would just add the borders onto the CD so that I can do the editing when I get it here.
#30 King of the house, ruled by the Queen, and overrun by Princesses (18,16,7)

1978, 6/91 DisneyMoon, 10/94 DVL, 10/00 1st trip with DD's, 1/03, 1/05, 1/06 DCL Wonder. 4/06 Bonus day after business trip, 1/07 1st trip for 3rd DD, 6/07, 8/08 "Resort Hopper Trip", 1/09, 10/10, 5/11 DCL Dream, 4/12 OKW, 6/13 DCL Dream & OKW
Old 11-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #3682
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Sorry... I don't normally pick on misspelling (especially when reading Dave's posts )... but I did chuckle out loud when I first read it. Hmmmm.. can one chuckle out loud?

Definitely would like to see the video when available.
watts rong with the wae i spel??? gezzzz, had to learn to multi quote,load pictures now he wants me to spell things correctly. i see why the cast members at the front desks seem to have a problem communicating with you.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 11-02-2010, 01:57 PM   #3683
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post

they pulled that with us a few years ago. it started out at 180 per year and now its 350.00 per year and our taxs doubled?

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #3684
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

had to take dd to the eye dr. today. she has an infection. i feel like tim the tool man taylor in the er, i have my own coffee mug at the eye doctors office.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:27 PM   #3685
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

being that time is a ticken for this up coming trip. i took some pics of our minivan. which, is all packed except, one overnight bag, items for the cooler and our pillows.

the white garbage bag has the top of the christmass tree in it and if you look close you can see the bottom of the christmas tree sticking out from behind the right seat. when someone wants to nap, we pull the cooler out and theres six foot of space to lay down from the back of the front seat to the back. there is 3 inches of foam under that sleeping bag, its like a sofa.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #3686
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
being that time is a ticken for this up coming trip. i took some pics of our minivan. which, is all packed except, one overnight bag, items for the cooler and our pillows.

the white garbage bag has the top of the christmass tree in it and if you look close you can see the bottom of the christmas tree sticking out from behind the right seat. when someone wants to nap, we pull the cooler out and theres six foot of space to lay down from the back of the front seat to the back. there is 3 inches of foam under that sleeping bag, its like a sofa.
Really, Dave? A GPS? You've driven to Florida every year since '73. You'd think you could do it blindfolded by now.
But its amazing how good of a nap you can get in a minivan. We can slide the two middle row captains chairs together in ours to form a bench. You curl up on that, the little dog climbs up and curls up on top of you, next thing you know, you've missed 300 miles of Indiana corn fields!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #3687
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
next thing you know, you've missed 300 miles of Indiana corn fields!
Why would you ever want to do that?
Old 11-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #3688
Rental01
DIS Dad’s Club Member #366

9 days...
Home School Dis Dad's Alliance

Old 11-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #3689
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Really, Dave? A GPS? You've driven to Florida every year since '73. You'd think you could do it blindfolded by now.
But its amazing how good of a nap you can get in a minivan. We can slide the two middle row captains chairs together in ours to form a bench. You curl up on that, the little dog climbs up and curls up on top of you, next thing you know, you've missed 300 miles of Indiana corn fields!
the gps is just to make me look like a tourist.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #3690
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rental01 View Post

9 days...
like the finger rolls!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: