Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #3646
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDr. View Post

Me, DW, DS6 and DS3.

Great looking pics there Philip...The Incredibles is one of our favorites...closely followed by Toy Story of course! I wish they would make more Incredibles movies!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 11-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #3647
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Election Day tomorrow, I have a feeling alot Baboonbutt will be handed out
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #3648
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469
Never mind the Kool-Aid, don’t drink the Beverly!
If it’s still here tomorrow… I may ignore it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepat View Post
Congrats to Max and the band. Oh and you too Dad! Wear that badge proud!
Thanks and believe you me, I ware that badge with great pride (note is was about 3:30 in the
very AM when we took this one and please don’t tell my DW that I posted it or I’m a gonner)

And just for giggles, here’s an idea of just how much gear the kids and parent volunteers had to handle
just to keep this show on the road.

And all of that…

And all that stuff too.

It’s a lot like moving a circus but we have to set up the tent, perform and break it all back down in under
fifteen minutes (with ten of that being the actual performance). Lord I’m still tired just thinking about it.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #3649
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes View Post
Thanks and believe you me, I ware that badge with great pride (note is was about 3:30 in the
very AM when we took this one and please don’t tell my DW that I posted it or I’m a gonner)

And just for giggles, here’s an idea of just how much gear the kids and parent volunteers had to handle

And all of that…

And all that stuff too.

It’s a lot like moving a circus but we have to set up the tent, perform and break it all back down in under
fifteen minutes (with ten of that being the actual performance). Lord I’m still tired just thinking about it.
Got to give you alot of credit, The bragging rights would have got the best of me, the tents would still be up. It must of been hard keeping all the joy bottled up till after you guys packed up
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-02-2010, 04:38 AM   #3650
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK, It’s proud parent time (and I did warn y’all that this would be coming up ). As those of you who’ve suffered through my previous band-geek posts know, my DS is one of the members of one very fine South Carolina High school band. Well, they earned their way into the Class-3A State finals and succeeded in marching away with a second consecutive state championship. There are two amazing things about this (beyond it being a testament to how hard the all the kids have worked this year). First; the school is only in its fourth year (this year’s seniors are the first class to have attend only this school) and second; to win the title, we had to get by our cross-town rivals who this year moved down from 4A into our classification (and who have a total of 22 championships if three different classes and were widely believed to be unbeatable ). Honestly, when they announced it, I nearly fell out. We were just completely floored. The final scores were very, very, v-e-r-y close. We ended up at 96.25, which is one of the highest scores posted by any band in any class in the state this year, but it was only 0.05 ahead of our nemesis (but it was ahead ). The kids also took home the trophies for Best Music (that’s the one we’re really proudest of), best Drum Line, and a tie for Best Visual Effect. One dang fine day if I do say so myself.

It’s pictures like this one, that tell you that every bit of work we put into to it each year is absolutely worth it.
(by the way, Max is the one on the right)
great job !!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 11-02-2010, 04:40 AM   #3651
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

QUOTE=GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes;38800808]Thanks and believe you me, I ware that badge with great pride (note is was about 3:30 in the

And all of that…

And all that stuff too.

fifteen minutes (with ten of that being the actual performance). Lord I’m still tired just thinking about it.[/QUOTE]

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the good ole days!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 04:42 AM   #3652
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Me, DW, DS6 and DS3.
nice pic phillip!

Old 11-02-2010, 07:00 AM   #3653
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
it was hard to do anything in our town, eveyone knew eveyone and knew your parents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo's Dad View Post
That was like my hometown. My sister got a speeding ticket 90 miles away and My mom knew before DS was home. And this was long before cell phones.
Oh, but this works in the opposite way too. My brother was pulled over for doing 70 in a 35. The cop walks up, looks at his license, and says "How you been, Kent? You probably don't remember me, do you?" He was a kid that was in our 4H club years ago! He told my brother to keep it down a little bit and told him to have a nice day.

Quote:
I don’t know that my skills are on par with Barry’s, but here you go...
You've got mad skillz!

Quote:
OK, It’s proud parent time (and I did warn y’all that this would be coming up ). As those of you who’ve suffered through my previous band-geek posts know, my DS is one of the members of one very fine South Carolina High school band. Well, they earned their way into the Class-3A State finals and succeeded in marching away with a second consecutive state championship. There are two amazing things about this (beyond it being a testament to how hard the all the kids have worked this year). First; the school is only in its fourth year (this year’s seniors are the first class to have attend only this school) and second; to win the title, we had to get by our cross-town rivals who this year moved down from 4A into our classification (and who have a total of 22 championships if three different classes and were widely believed to be unbeatable ). Honestly, when they announced it, I nearly fell out. We were just completely floored. The final scores were very, very, v-e-r-y close. We ended up at 96.25, which is one of the highest scores posted by any band in any class in the state this year, but it was only 0.05 ahead of our nemesis (but it was ahead ). The kids also took home the trophies for Best Music (that’s the one we’re really proudest of), best Drum Line, and a tie for Best Visual Effect. One dang fine day if I do say so myself.
Congrats all around!

Quote:

Me, DW, DS6 and DS3.
Love the costumes! And now that I think about it, Mr. Incredible would be a perfect spokesman for Under Armor!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:31 AM   #3654
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Got to give you alot of credit, The bragging rights would have got the best of me, the tents would still be up. It must of been hard keeping all the joy bottled up till after you guys packed up
Quote:
great job !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Congrats all around!
Thanks!! We are just proud beyond words. But, the award for self-control actually goes to the kids. Picture this: 130 high school kids between the ages of 14 and 18; standing at attention on a field along with 18 other similar groups; who have just been told they won a state championship (and beat their nemesis doing it); and not one of them (not one) even moves a mussel until after the very end of the announcements and even then only after their director dismissed them!!! That is professionalism. I got to tell you, when we heard it, we were up in the stands and I literally buckled at the knees (good thing I was leaning against the press box of I’d have fallen over ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
You've got mad skillz!
Thank you Master… Grasshopper will try to honor your praise.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:39 AM   #3655
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Quote:

Me, DW, DS6 and DS3.
Dude… Those are cool pics! Looks to me like y’all had a lot of fun.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #3656
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

heres the mail box. which reminds me i have to paint the stupid thing. the characters are cast iron which are bolted on to the side. im trying to figure out what color to paint the thig.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #3657
Rental01
DIS Dad’s Club Member #366

Quote:

Me, DW, DS6 and DS3.
Ahh... The Incredibles! Making costumes available for 80% of American fathers!

Great shots!
Home School Dis Dad's Alliance

Old 11-02-2010, 09:45 AM   #3658
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
DDC 469

Quote:
heres the mail box. which reminds me i have to paint the stupid thing. the characters are cast iron which are bolted on to the side. im trying to figure out what color to paint the thig.
Dave, that is just too cool for words. Where did you get the relief medallion attached to the side?

As for colors to repaint it… With no obligation implied in any way, if it were mine (and I just may now need to acquire a similar one), I’d paint the top half Black and the bottom half Red, and I might even be tempted to paint two buttons onto the door (I might also be tempted to add the proper colors to the characters on the medallion as well, but that would be a good bit of work).
Old 11-02-2010, 10:02 AM   #3659
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been a page ownership public message

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 11-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #3660
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
All great pictures, Dave! But I just started busting out laughing when I saw this one... because when I first looked at the picture on the wall I could only see the characters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Got the quote today for the price of the heater core $1475 +tax Only a few hundred less than a week at WDW

The thing that kills me is with all the tech on the newer cars & trucks they make it almost impossible to do it yourself. When I got out of school I went to a Auto school , I have a degree in Engine Rebuilding, Auto Body 1,2 & Advanced, have a 4 post lift & 7HP compresser with all the toys. On the Mustangs I could take out the engine and have it running by night.

On the new cars I won't even change the oil, never mind finding all the spark plugs, If some car company made a car that a problem could be pinpointed and repaired by a Car Buff Man instead of a computer & chip, they would be very sucessful
Wow! Really?!? That much? I hear ya... I still try to do all my car work myself, but it's getting harder. Ironically, I just purchased this weekend a manual tire changer from Harbor Freight for $49! Tired (pun intended) of paying these shops almost $40 a tire to mount and balance them. I tend to be pretty hard on my tires... they only last a couple of years tops! Yeah, I'm still young
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: